[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You can play your PS1 games on the PS2 >You can play your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: ps4-hd-wallpapers.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ps4-hd-wallpapers.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1200
>You can play your PS1 games on the PS2
>You can play your PS1 and PS2 games on the PS3
>You can't play your PS1, PS2, and PS3 games on the PS4

Why didn't Sony include backwards compatibility on the PS4? Better yet, why do people even support Sony?
>>
because emulating Cell would be a fucking nightmare and possibly ps4 is not powerful enough.

also I don't give a shit about old games, if I ever buy a ps4 it will be for playing ps4 games
>>
>>329678485
So that they could charge you money to stream and play PS3 and ps2 games. $15 for Dark Cloud. The only one I'd purchase is the GTA trilogy but even that is over priced.

Xbox One will always be BC even in the future. NX mentions it will be BC. PS4 fucked up not adding BC.
>>
>>329678485
You can't play ps2 or ps1 games on ps3
>>
>>329678878
They easily could do what Xbox did. You insert a disc and it downloads the game file. So if you own Dark Cloud on disc you could just insert and play it off the game file.
>>
What's up with people and backwards compatibility? Why can't you just buy the old console you want to play the old games from?

That's why we are reciving only rehash remastered games from the previous generation, you people can't move on to new stuff
>>
>>329679384

If there were backwards compatibility, there wouldn't be any remasters.
>>
>>329679170
This
The fat one can
The slim only ps1
And the ss only plays ps3
>>
>>329679384
nobody gave a shit about BC until microsoft in an act of desperation announced it and I'm pretty sure nobody uses it
>>
>>329679461

>And the ss only plays ps3
Sauce?
>>
>>329678485
I'll accept the lack of PS2 and PS3 support. Both of those consoles, especially the PS3, had rather complicated and expensive architecture.

There's no reason what so ever that PS1 B/C wasn't included though. That's just being greedy as fuck. It's also bullshit that the PS2 games I bought digitally don't transfer over to PS4; I trusted Sony on that and I got fucked over. At least offer me a small upgrade fee, like Nintendo does.
>>
>>329679864

>Both of those consoles, especially the PS3, had rather complicated and expensive architecture.
Who's responsible for that?
>>
>>329679442
This

Also it allows you to find games cheaper then there remasters.
>>
>>329679461
>And the ss only plays ps3
I think I vaguely remember hearing about this.
I just don't fucking get it. PS1 discs are basically music CD's. Is it really that expensive to include? Then again, the PS4 can't even read regular music CD's anyway so go figure.
>>
Because the Vita & PS3 exist, that had already harmonized it's ecosystem. Best hardware for best experience, not wasting time on shitty ports, and the best games get PS4 remakes eventually.
>>
>>329679571
BC on Xbox is pretty good. It's just fun to play both 360 and Xbox One games all on one system.

But BC for PS4 would be a huge plus for the gaming community. There's so many ps2 games that it would allow people to discover some lost games. Xbox didn't really need it but PS4 does.
>>
>>329679934
They wanted piracy on the PS3 to be impossible. And it more or less worked.
>>
>>329679934
THE CELL
>>
>>329679073
PS4 had it's alternative set in place in the beginning, not that anyone who didn't use Sony was aware of.
>>
>>329680275

>Implying
My CFW PS3 is going strong. I think you meant emulation.
>>
>>329679934
Well, Sony obviously. Hindsight is 20/20 though. You figure that what you're doing know will get cheaper and be more efficient in the future. Turns out that technology evolved differently than they envisioned. It's not like they created complicated hardware on purpose; that's just stupid.
>>
Backwards compatibility is for the lazy fat fucks that don't want to swap the cords on their TV.
>>
>the PS3 had backwards compatability
lol only the fat one. if you buy the slim or the ss they pretty much just say "fuck you, just buy a ps2".
ps1 games work though.
>>
>>329680398

> It's not like they created complicated hardware on purpose; that's just stupid.
That was the stated objective on the PS2 and PS3. The idea being that they'd be the lead platform because they're sony, and ports for any other platforms would be too difficult.
Worked for PS2 but not the PS3.
>>
>>329678485
Because $$$
>>
>>329680330
I actually like PS Now. I don't like the idea of streaming them on console. They should go the way of EA Access. You can download the game to your hard drive like you own the game but still have to pay a subscription. It could allow you to pause and not worry about being kicked off.
>>
>>329680594
>liking PS Now
Don't support this shit. Nobody should have to pay to play games they already own, and if they don't let them pay for it but own it instead.
>>
>>329679581
>Sauce?
not being underage and actually living through previous console generation
>>
>>329678485

Only the PSN classics versions.
PS3 phat can play PS2 but only because they built a PS2 into it, same way PS2 had a PS1 in it.
PS3 Slim is not backwards compatible.

PS3's THE CELL architecture makes it pretty much impossible to emulate in the PS4.
>>
>>329680804
Never owned a PS3 so that's why I did it. I only tried it for a month and it was decent. I heard it's gotten better lately. A lot of people never owned a PS3 so PS Now doesn't bother people as much.
>>
>>329680398
well they lost me at paying for online
>>
>>329680943
I really hope we get a Retron console that could play every disc game that's below PS3 and 360.
>>
>>329680459
>not having enough connection in your tv for all your consoles
>>
>>329680812

>Not owning the shittiest PS3 model makes you an underage
Every source in the internet says the PS3 super slim plays PS1 discs.
>>
>>329679461
You're wrong about the superslim. It's still able to play ps1 discs.
>>
>>329681073
BC could be used to enjoy your old games in a new way. Like maybe in 4K or allowing you to experience classic games in full HD.
>>
>>329680812
You're full of shit, I'm playing Omega Boost on my ss right now.
>>
>>329681340

Only on PC.
>>
File: ed7[1].gif (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ed7[1].gif
15 KB, 200x200
>>329679073
>So that they could charge you money to stream and play PS3 and ps2 games
Nailed it. Also because they sell them in the PSN store.
>>
>>329681384
Maybe on upgraded future models on Xbox One as well.
>>
>>329681429
It would be cool if they made ps now free for PS Plus members.
>>
>>329678485
Unless it's fat ps3, it's using shitty, really shitty emulator to play ps1/2 games. Especially for ps1 games, it sucks on so many levels.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.