[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can this be stopped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1393390118120.png (519 KB, 1310x504) Image search: [Google]
1393390118120.png
519 KB, 1310x504
How can this be stopped?
>>
>>329672104
Grow up and stop playing video games.
>>
>>329672104
don't buy those games
>>
Stop buying or playing games you are not 100% interested in. Grow up. Get some self-control.
>>
>>329672104
it can't, consumers are retarded.
>>
>>329672205
>>329672282
I don't buy those games. Problem is they keep getting made because a lot of people do
>>
>>329672205
this is the only way
>>
DLC apologists
Censorship apologists

When will it end?
>>
>>329672717
Shame those that do. They are the true cancer on this hobby.
>>
>>329672104

What games are like that?
>>
It wouldn't bother you if you weren't a poorfag
>>
>>329673041
Not him
>You can't afford to buy this pile if shit like me.
Try better b8 m8
>>
>>329672205
>>329672282
>>329672717

this is the real problem, isn't it? We can ignore this shit all we want but they will just market it towards a younger, or dumber group of people who will continue to fall for this.

If we protest, than they ignore us and focus on a generation that doesn't understand these problems, once that generations wakes up to it, it's too late and they will have moved on to the next.

I know this is true because there are still people who preorder games, even though everyone who's done it has been disappointed at least once.
>>
>>329672957
>Morrowind
>FEAR
>Mass Effect 2
>http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Early%20Access/?
>>
>>329672717
>im mad because people are buying and selling products i dont use.
>>
File: like id give a fuck.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
like id give a fuck.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>329672104
>Market is flooded with faggots who shunned video games their whole life, but now want to show off how their being "nerds" by buying whatever shit flavor of the month game gets thrown out
There's really nothing we can do at this point and just hope that one day faggots will stop parading video games as if it were some cool thing to do. I better get shunned for liking video games again, rather than see every chad telling me how he's a true gaymer because he played the latest Halo CoD of Sxkyrim Fallout.
>>
>>329672717
Why is this a problem? There's a group of people making games for another group that buys those games. I'm not mad that people make musical instruments that I will never buy.
>>
>>329673987
>>329674279
You're both retarded. People throwing money at shitty business practices only means they'll become more and more frequent, with less quality video games being put out. How is does that not affect anyone?
>>
>>329674639
Oh right, because McDonalds exists there is no where else to buy food.
>>
>>329673546
>I know this is true because there are still people who preorder games, even though everyone who's done it has been disappointed at least once.

Years ago, back when gamestop was only using preorders because they had problems with overbuying games that didn't sell (2005-2007?), my friend had put a preorder down on a game, I don't remember which one, and when he went to the store that day to pick it up they told him they sold it on him because he didn't show up early enough, they they tried to say he couldn't get his money for some bullshit reasons.

Never even considered pre-ordering after that.
>>
>>329675125
>food analogy
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
It's okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>329674060
nailed it
>>
>>329672104
>shitting on steam
Console faggot trying to justify his purchase
>atleast I'm not a pcuck am I right guys?!?
>>
>>329677513
>>329678250
It's not even about the platform of choice, you spergy little autists.
>>
>>329672104

By not buying those shitty games, as simple as that.

In fact, this choice is made out very easily for you because there isn't a single fucking game in existence that did that and was even CLOSE to being worth your while.

It's like the dev is making things even easier for me since I don't even have to read much about the game to know it's a POS.
>>
>>329678393
This is a good point actually. I boycott games with heavy DLC not because of the DLC (although that is cancer), but because due to the DLC existing I know it will be a piece of shit anyway.
>>
>>329674060

i dont know where you live, or if maybe you're just severely underage, but i can assure you that "chads" are most certainly NOT flaunting their vidya hobby.
>>
File: 1453285493128.jpg (18 KB, 236x305) Image search: [Google]
1453285493128.jpg
18 KB, 236x305
This is the way it will be for the rest of time. This is the model that will always work better.

Companies that didn't do this in the past simply had not thought of it or didn't have the technology/means to do it.

Face it, this is it. It's not going to change. This is the model that works, the only business model that will ever work for videogames.

Now, what can change is the prices and your attitude about them. If the game is worth spending 50 dollars + DLCs, do it.

What may deem the game not worth it is, for example, if the main game costs 50 bucks and 5 character's and a storyline is missing, which you can get for 15 dollars on the side. That's bullshit, so, your only option is to not support it.

TL;DR: don't support what you think is bullshit
>>
>>329678973
But I know some chads who call me to the bars with them and whenever I touch upon the subject of video games they start telling me how they enjoyed the latest AAA title. It's really fucking annoying.
>>
People watch shit movies and read shit books, there's nothing unique about the video game situation.

Just stick to lesser known devs and titles, some quality is being made with little to no marketing and production budgets. A good example would be Underrail, a Fallout 2-styled game which is reasonably hard, has okay writing, at least 60 hours of great gameplay and is aimed to scratch the long-itching Fallout itch. Quite a lot of people played it and we had a lot of threads about it on here, but these have now faded away, while the game itself is still amazing.
>>
File: 1449956869592.jpg (70 KB, 604x603) Image search: [Google]
1449956869592.jpg
70 KB, 604x603
I never understood the 2005 one. What games did that?
>>
>>329680007
FEAR
Half Life 2
Probably more
>>
>>329680007

>life.jpg
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.