[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has the PlayStation 4 been so successful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: ps4.jpg (68 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
ps4.jpg
68 KB, 650x366
Why has the PlayStation 4 been so successful?
>>
Sony always wins!
>>
the power of the normies
>>
Because Microsoft fucked up.
>>
Normies
The god awful initial performance of competition
Agressive marketing
>>
cause xbox fucked itself and it was competitively priced, mostly.

people want to buy a console but not if it's expensive or has terrible press.
>>
File: PS4 Dews it 4.jpg (136 KB, 1920x942) Image search: [Google]
PS4 Dews it 4.jpg
136 KB, 1920x942
The new Normie Dudebro console
>>
Because they've managed to be at least semi-decent when MS fucked up completely.
>>
because Xbox has made every single wrong move at every single turn

Does the Xbox One even have any noteworthy games coming out? The PS4 isn't looking that hot on good exclusives either but at least it has some. The only thing I can even think of for XBone is Halo(duh), Gears (duh) and some unknown retarded new IP shit called Quantum Break.
>>
>>329667950
It had D4 and Killer Instinct but both have PC versions now. Rare Replay is pretty good.
>>
Sony is best in the world
>>
it’s not that Sony has done anything clever to win, they just haven’t done anything stupid to lose
>>
>>329667492
Xbone did everything wrong from the get go, never stood a chance.
>>
>>329667535
>>329667590
/thread
>>
even if the xbox didn't fail, ps4 would still outsell it. xbox's main fans are in America and wannabe dudebros from euro countries. PS4 has fan globally and they've been in the market longer and built a stronger brand.
>>
File: knob.gif (3 MB, 412x304) Image search: [Google]
knob.gif
3 MB, 412x304
>>329667492
>dimples
Oh my....
>>
Get back to your roots Sony. Don't forget about the genre that carried the ps2 to over 100 million sales! bring more JRPG's to the PS4
>>
Good marketing and Xbone fucking up in everyway.

>>329670187
>bring more JRPG's to the PS4
First Japan has to make them.
>>
>>329670356
just port vita games since no one had a vita anyway

worked for cyber sleuth
>>
>>329670551
Again, tell that to Japan.
>>
>>329667492
It was the least shitty option.
>>
>>329667492
by being normal, against the wii U and xbone
>>
Best hardware
Lower price than its competitor
Plays multiplats best

gg
>>
>>329667535

What the fuck is a normie? Someone that doesn't go on 4chan?
>>
Because MS fucked up the name.

I work at retail and I lost count how many times normies confused by the name xbox 'one' and thought it was something way way older than xbox 360. I gave up explaining after some point...
MS managements are filled with a idiots that overlooked basic stuff.
>>
>>329667492

It's not the Xbox.
>>
File: reach.jpg (186 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
reach.jpg
186 KB, 1191x670
Halo Reach Desktop Backround
>>
Oh shit yay! A free fuckin' backround for my desktop! Nobody fuckin' cares! Yay!
>>
>>329667492
normie and weeb appeal
>>
Terrible fucking marketing for the Xbone
Also doesn't help that all the press when it came out was about how kinect was supposedly always on and how microsoft might be spying on you and shit
>>
>>329670927
People who play video games.
>>
>>329671306

All you faggots on here play video games
>>
File: chad come on now.gif (2 MB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
chad come on now.gif
2 MB, 320x193
>>329667492
>>
>>329671007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

and it started $100 more for a weaker system. lower res for a couple of games and a few specific exclusives sony has that they dont
>>
>WiiU
Normies moved on from waggle and the wiiu failed to understand why tablets are popular. Bad marketing mixed with "but I already have a wii with mario kart, why do I need another?"

>Xbone
Literally the worst reveal of any console, they did nothing right. Then it played every multiplat worse than the ps4 and lost it's exclusives every time

> PC
still to confusing for many and as any thread on a PC game will show you shit is always going wrong and you need to mess around to get it working. And while you can go out and make a PC that is better than a PS4 for less that requires some actual thought and looking around, if you just go and try to but a powerful PC it is a lot up front which scares people off

So why did PS4 do well? Cause it wasn't the xbone or the wiiu. Both were massive fuck ups and the PS4 just came in and went hey we are a console. PC is still a little too much for normies
>>
>>329670927
>What the fuck is a normie?
People who make up the vast majority of the console sales.
They play COD, Destiny, Madden, FiFa, NHL, Battlefield, and soon the Division.
>>
File: 1378065029631.png (88 KB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1378065029631.png
88 KB, 280x358
Nintendo gave zero effort with the Wii U and Microsoft blew their legs off with a shotgun with the Xbone
Sony just everything they were supposed to and got rewarded by the competition
>>
>>329671530
>>Xbone
>Literally the worst reveal of any console, they did nothing right. Then it played every multiplat worse than the ps4 and lost it's exclusives every time
That's not why the PS4 is beating it though.
>>
>>329671415
>thinking people on 4chan play video games
You new here pal? People don't play games on /v/, they bitch about them.
>>
>>329671498
Microsoft should had just bite the bullet and do a total rebranding to fix that guy mess.

What happened to him anyway? Still working at Zynga? Or did he get fired again...
>>
>>329667492
This pic looks so strange. It feels like that woman is huge for some reason.
>>
>>329670927
Do you think /v/ is the only place that people play videogames? and that we're the general consumer?

Dumbass
>>
>>329671738
It is. The launch of the PS4 was just selling off hey we aren't xbone. By that time Microsoft had peddled back but it was too late. When you get a boost like that out the gate it has a knock on effect where people buy what their friends have

After that sony didn't really do anything but have a few bits of dlc to keep people coming. Xbone had exclusives but no one ever cared, they didn't bring people in. The big games that people did care about were multiplats which play like ass on both but noticeably more ass on xbone, no one ever says get the xbone version.
>>
>>329671530
if everyone else trips on the starting line then that makes it easy, being the most powerful helps too.
>>
literally no point getting an xbone when they're all coming on the PC, and with free online.

funny how the xbones are acting like babies about it.
>>
File: 1426025508161.png (933 KB, 1220x1300) Image search: [Google]
1426025508161.png
933 KB, 1220x1300
>Nintendo consoles have always been irrelevant outside of the Wii Fit box
>Xbox One keeps shooting themselves in the foot

Sony always wins and has the best gaymes
>>
>>329667492
>most powerfull console on market
>low price
>it has best exclusive titles
>and all 3rd party games
>cheapest VR-ready platform
Gee I really wonder why...
>>
>>329671957
Xbox not being able to do 1080p in multiplats is truly an epic failure
>>
>>329672236
>no exclusive dlc
>runs them the worst
>lost long standing deals 360 had
They fucked up so badly here, watching them try to advertise battlefront but not really was embarrassing
>>
"for the gamers" marketing that sony led us to believe and while don mattrick fucked microsoft over with "all in one entertainement system" while more shit features were adding to it like "stay connected to xbox live or your xbox fucks up" and "no second hand disc resell". Phil Spencer has done a great job trying to win back the fans hearts until he will let xbox die with all exclusives coming to pc. Sony pays a portion to get exclusives but ain't nothing wrong with that
>>
because this is the weeb generation
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.