[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't suppose anyone played/plays this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: lotro-logo-517.jpg (68 KB, 517x262) Image search: [Google]
lotro-logo-517.jpg
68 KB, 517x262
Don't suppose anyone played/plays this game?
>>
I actually played it from 2007 when it came out, until/after Mines of Moria. I had a blast back then, was my first MMORPG. But I will never have those feels again, I had when playing Shadows of Angmar. I will always keep it in good memory though. Good 'ol times ;_;
>>
playd it a shit ton it went downhill when it went f2p. The first xpac was pretty good but the rest involving rohan were garbage and the pvp community has pretty much become godawful. I miss the days of massive raids to kill high star ranked players.
>>
File: LOTR_Mines_of_Moria.jpg (41 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
LOTR_Mines_of_Moria.jpg
41 KB, 256x361
>>329662936
Yeah, F2P was the death of the game as far as high quality community and roleplaying went. I also can't stand that shitty BUY IN THE CASH SHOP button they keep plastering over everything. Also, only expansion that really felt like an expansion was Mines of Moria while every other was basically a glorified and overpriced content patch.
>>
Was my first true MMO after it went f2p. Grinded like crazy for free turbine points during college. Stopped after too many xpacks were released, I didn't have enough time to grind enough TP out especially since I graduated.

Am playing private server WoW now, and I must say, the Warden from Lotro is still the most fun class I have ever played.
>>
I played it for a while when it went f2p. Seemed to me like it could have been a pretty good game in it's glory days.
>>
>announced return of EU data center cancelled
Well fuck you too, Turbine.
>>
I was interested but I forgot about it at some point, probably because of the sub
Didn't they have a bard system where you could literally write songs?
>>
File: screen.jpg (838 KB, 1780x989) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
838 KB, 1780x989
Still playing to this day, only thing keeping me around is lifetime/PvMP
>>
File: 1409044211014.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1409044211014.gif
421 KB, 700x525
Shit I fucking loved this game.
>those comfy ass shitty graphics
>that amazing acoustic soundtrack
>actually having friends instead of being completely alone like I am now
>>
>>329663292
>lifetime

was it all worth it?
>>
>>329662220
I did. It's alright...ish
>>
Pretty good time to jump into it if you just wanna explore the world and such. The next land xpansions should be Mordor/Mt Doom.
>>
File: reflective.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
reflective.png
157 KB, 516x440
Does this game still encourage grouping an encounter planning?

Or is it just one of those theme parc MMOs that you can solo and are never hard?
>>
I log back in from time to time just to realize how barren the servers are
>>
>>329662220
I miss the PVP in this.

>Entire zone-sized map
>Orc/Spider/Warg classes for Mordor-aligned players
>Taking control of forts, keeps and dungeons on the map
>24 v 24 raids going on
>Massive coordination
>3 AM ambush-groups just chilling and ganking passing players

Time well spent, I'll miss those faggots.
>>
>>329668062
PVP in lotro is still alive, anon
just barely
>>
>>329666926
How hard is it to answer my question? I thought the people replying actually played the game?
>>
>>329671442
Some of the PvE regions are somewhat difficult still (Angmar, Forochel), but most landscape content is ridiculously easy at higher levels. Most of the old instances don't even require a full group anymore due to most classes being extremely op whether it comes to healing or dps.
But grouping still occurs nonetheless, mainly since it's still kinda fun to play with others, even though the game itself is a cakewalk the majority of the time.
>>
I used to, got a lifetime account around 2010, but I don't even recognize the game anymore
>>
File: uuuu.jpg (34 KB, 254x267) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.jpg
34 KB, 254x267
Game was at it's absolute peak when Moria released, then the f2p and nerfes kicked in and kicked it to death.

>you will never experience the vanilla version of Great Barrows and Gath Agarwen ever again
>you will never get together with a small group and do Ered Luin instances ever again
>not enough people gave a shit about this game to make a private server
>>
Close, I played DDO.
I'm still disappointed Turbine kicked a hole in the universe just so we could go to the Forgotten Realms.

Fuck the Forgotten Realms, we've been there a million times. I wanna see more shit in Eberron.
>>
>>329675467

Barrows and Gath were the fucking shit
>>
>>329671924
>But grouping still occurs nonetheless, mainly since it's still kinda fun to play with others, even though the game itself is a cakewalk the majority of the time.
Tried that in other casual MMOs. Too boring.
>>
>>329662220
how much i can lvl up without spending money
i'm currently 26 lvl hunter
>>
>>329679208
34 ish then your only choice is to run skirmishes for hours.
>>
>>329679662
what is monster play and how does it differs from normal play? can you move in other parts of the map with monster?
>>
>>329681214
It's just pvp and you can only stay in 2 areas the ettonmoors and osgiliath it's free to play a Orc but if you want to battle monster players you need to pay.
>>
what i really like in this game is community they are very friendly and helped me allot
>>
>>329662351
>>329663447
>>329675467

Happy to see people miss the game as much as I do. Never seen a thread on /v/ for it

That community was so welcoming and friendly. So many comfy zones and locations that looked true to the lore of the universe.

Sad that it will never happen again ;_;
>>
File: 1433244459764.jpg (37 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1433244459764.jpg
37 KB, 446x456
>>329684375
>just dinged 35
>hanging around the horse ranch in bree
>poor as fuck, just a few 100k of silver
>random 50 walks up to me
>helps me through the whole mount quest
>hands me 5g to pay for my horse

top notch community
>>
>>329666926
>>329671442

during my year within the game, I played mostly solo champion and genuienly felt like exploring middle earth.
Then I ran into some old ass ruined area with big ass trolls, which I had to carefully plan out how to kill with my abilities. Took me a good two days to figure out how to explore the area, dem memories

>turned out the enemies were ment for like 4 people to take on at once
>tfw I managed to solo the whole shit
>memories
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.