[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is he dying/retiring? Literally limiting dev creativity,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
When is he dying/retiring?

Literally limiting dev creativity, running brand name to the ground, changing things for the whole sake of change but keep broken things by design.

Literally pushes gimmicks like no other, was the reason of the whole wagglan debacle.
Limiting nintendo by making sure they add whatever stupid gimmick with a shitty hardware and then act surprised

Big list of fuck ups of him invading a dev working on a game and then completely changing it, with metroid prime being the sole survivor only because retro is a really good company

Miyamoto has become the cancer of videogames, 10 years ago I would've been sad if he retired, now I fucking wish he did.
>>
Metroid Prime was kind of a shitty game to begin with, anon.
>>
>>329645427
>Metroid Prime was kind of a shitty game to begin with
Pretty good bait
>>
>>329645305
He's also the reason why Sticker Stars exists

Originally the devs were making the 3DS Paper Mario to be like TTYD, then they showed it to Miyamoto and he said to change it because it's too much like TTYD and to get rid of partners, then told then to make it sticker gimmick based and not an actual RPG, and the devs had no choice but to do as he said.
>>
>>329645305
Just kill the whole company Iwata ruined it
>>
File: 1403573691753.gif (950 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1403573691753.gif
950 KB, 400x225
>>329646072
And now also color splash
>>
Shiggy dying won't make Paper Mario "good" again
You know it's true
>>
>>329646519
It would still fix a lot, it's not just paper mario.

When he and iwata got total control of the company it went to shit, yoko is rolling on his grave.
>>
>>329645305
>wanting miyamoto to die

when are YOU going to die faggot?
>>
>le blame everything on miyamoto meme

>>329646072
the sticker star devs agreed with miyamoto so they made the changes, they had a choice
miyamoto is not an intelligent systems employee
>>
>>329645427
Prime 1 was a justice to the atmosphere and gameplay of Metroid, an almost flawless conversion to 3D.

2 and 3, eh, could argue.
>>
>>329647348

Miyamoto is their BOSS you retard.
>>
>>329647502
except he ISN'T you retard
>>
>>329645427
Nah, it was a really great game for its time, though it probably doesn't hold up too well.

It's the unnecessary sequels that were shit.
>>
File: 1456826701065.png (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1456826701065.png
9 KB, 235x236
>>329645427
>>
>>329645305
Didn't he already die last year?
Is this a meme thread?
>>
>Wont make a new F-Zero until they have a "new controller interface suited for it," aka some stupid fucking gimmick.
>happy to shit out a new Mario Kart or NSMB whenever
>>
>>329648360
That was Iwata.

>tfw not even a nintendrone
Thanks for teaching me things, /v/
>>
[Spoiler]The Elder Shroob couldn't take anymore. She went crazy after seeing her sister die before her eyes. But She remembers her final words. Destroy...Destroy... DESTROY!!! that was all she thought about. she went on to honor her sister last words and kill the beloved bros and cause havoc on the earth. As She transformed, The bros was defenseless. They had not seen a power like that before. After transforming, Elder Shroob knocked out the bros and their past selves and proceeded to Destroy the world we know.

Mario:*thinking* My brother my friends, Peach, all the people I love. I can't let her kill them. I WON'T!

Mario:*Struggling to get up* ELDER SHROOB!!! YOU WILL NOT DESTROY ALL THE PEOPLE I LOVE!!! AS LONG AS I GOT BREATH IN MY BODY, I WILL FIGHT!!!! FIGHT FOR THOSE WHO I LOVE!!!!

Luigi:struggling to get upRight behind you bro

Mario:Luigi...
Luigi: Mario, I will always fight with you, no matter how scare I am. I am not scared we fight together Mario. You have been there since we were babies and now. It time for me to be there for YOU!

Mario:thank you Luigi. Alright, Babies, Luigi, LET'S A GO!!!![/spoiler]
>>
>>329645427
This is actually correct, not even b8ing.
>>
Cool thread OP, but check this 3.
>>
fore
>>
>>329645305

Miyamoto is mainly a supervisor that stops by once in awhile to check on things. The only project he influences and leads these days are Starfox and Pikmin related. Every other IP has their project leads who have been involved for several iterations.
>>
If anything, everything he's done within the last 10 years has changed my perception of him.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's more like George Lucas now - a guy hyped up for being a genius but actually becomes a complete fucking hack if he's given too much power.
>>
>>329646104
>Just kill the whole company Iwata ruined it

Sadly true.

He just completely fucked up their reputation, fanbase and IPs for the short-term success of the wii.
>>
>>329649534
Iwata didn't really have much choice. The Wii controller was actually in development with Gamecube.

Because Gamecube was a total failure and Nintendo couldn't afford to match the losses MS/Sony were taking on PS360, they just went all in with the controller and an overclocked Cube.

Ultimately, I think they may have really fucked the company up, though.
>>
>>329649451
Nah that's Sakamoto.
>>
post the pasta where miyamoto runs over a sticker star developer with his car
>>
>>329649918
>Ultimately, I think they may have really fucked the company up, though.
Nope. With the exception of the Wii U's launch, they basically taken the best possible route. All they need to do now is learn from the Wii U's launch and step their game up for the NX.
>>
>>329647663
>saying no to the creator of the ip you're working on.

What are you stupid? You actually think the dev get free reign on a nintendo ip?
>>
>>329645305
Probably after you OP.
>>
>>329650380
>You actually think the dev get free reign on a nintendo ip?
Some devs, including the Mario team, has been noted to go against Miyatomoto's wishes. Nothing drastic of course as they are all Japanese at heart but his word isn't absolute. You just have to know what you're doing.
>>
>>329650380
He wanted splatoon to be a Mario shooter and they said no..they have a choice
>>
>>329650834
It was more like he told them they could always slap Mario onto it as a last resort if they couldn't figure out how to make it appealing as a new IP.
>>
>>329650380
>he thinks devs haven't gone against miyamoto's advice before
top kek
even 19 year old masahiro sakurai had the balls to say no when miyamoto wanted to make kirby yellow instead of pink
>>
>>329650834
Actually he DIDN'T want it to be Mario.
>>
>>329651140
Miyamoto suggested Sakurai to make him yellow, but he ended up being white on the first game.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.