[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
like it or not this series is probably going down as one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: mass effect.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
mass effect.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
like it or not this series is probably going down as one of the most beloved RPG games ever.

inb4 someone brings up some shitty 90s "cult audience" game
>>
The series is excellent. Only faggots get hung up on your choices not mattering or the phoned-in ending.
>>
I don't give a shit about what goes down as beloved.
>>
>>329589516
Choices matter plenty in the game.
>>
Only the first game was an RPG.
>>
>>329590087

oh yeah

like how ashley and kaiden end up being the exact same character

rachni attacking you in 3 no matter if you saved the queen or not be auze lolmindcontrol

and basically every decision in 3 not mattering
>>
>>329589516
ME3 was legitimately bad besides just the ending
>>
>>329590417
>they aren't
>the game explains why faggot
>you're an idiot.
>>
I never see anyone talk about it. A lot of people remember it well, sure, but it doesn't have a legacy like Kotor.

Also ME1 is the only one worth a shit. 2 got blue balled so hard by 3 it's not even funny. I wish 1 was even more self contained.
>>
It deserves a place, haven't played 3 but the first two I enjoyed a lot. Was nice to see a game try to flesh its sci fi universe out
>>
>>329590716

learn to greentext you redditor

yes they do end up being the EXACT sameshit character with identical dialouge

yeah mindcontrol is such a fucking great explaination - not a cop out at all

oh cool a personal attack, guess I've won
>>
>>329590716
It explains why but it still undermines your decisions.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 384x384
Love Mass Effect, 1 is easily top 10 for me.

I don't want to start another thing here, but I've been replaying 3, and ending aside, the writing is better than I remember. Like the route you take if you sabotage the genophage cure, the intimate discussions you have with Garrus about the matter are strong and the standoff with Wrex at the Citadel is one of the most intense sequences in the franchise. And the conversations with EDI about artificial intelligence put shit like Fallout 4 to shame. The political and military drama are handled well too. I'm impressed, it's easy to forget how good that game actually is.

Great music too, shame about the dogshit lighting though.
>>
>>329590486

yeah 3 is such a clusterfuck

especially that journal and shit like the crew partying while earth is being destroyed
>>
>>329591086
it lasted 11 posts before someone brought up F4

gg
>>
>>329591086
>put shit like Fallout 4 to shame

that literally takes no effort
>>
Well and why shouldn't it?
The first 2 were great.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1024x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1024x567
>>329591396
>>329591410
Just got off of playing that abortion today so it came to mind first, forgive me anon.
>>
>>329591876

the first was great

2 was just a generic shooter

3 tried to be a mix and failed
>>
File: 1456967569083.png (33 KB, 382x956) Image search: [Google]
1456967569083.png
33 KB, 382x956
>>
>>329592736
first was great

2 was great with good shooting

3 tried to be a mix and succeeded
>>
>>329590930
Save yourself. Never play 3.
>>
File: 49147368147.png (725 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
49147368147.png
725 KB, 576x768
2 is still a fucking wild ride, the masterpiece of the series.

3 is kinda average, but the multiplayer is still fun and active.

1 hasn't aged well at all and it's sad to see newcomers usually drop the entire series when they try it, poor controls, bad UI, repetitive planet exploration with the worst possible driving physics, bad pacing due to lackluster story, just a clunky mess, should be skipped.

We'll see if they release some sort of HD collection next year since the series is 10 years old by then.
>>
>>329589353
Why the fuck do people like 2 so much?

It honestly baffles me to this day.
>>
>>329589353
Couldn't come up with a more retarded metric than "beloved", hm?

Come on, apply yourself.
>>
>>329589353
haven't played them, don't feel like playing it though i really like RPGs
>>
>>329595590
Same reasons some people love soap operas and others dating sims.
>>
1 was pretty good, good setting, interesting lore, universe ripe for space adventures and action.

2 improved on some aspects like the shooting and cover, while cut out the stuff that wasn't working rather than trying to improve them. The game spends most of it's time spinning it's tires and offloads the resolution for just about everything onto it's sequel.

3 drops the ball entirely, shit gameplay, shit story, shit characters, everything the series had been building up to crumbles and 2 is retroactively shittier because of it since know you are fully aware all that shit is pointless and amounts to maybe an email in ME3 at best or absolutely fucking nothing at worst.
>>
>>329595590
I don't know, people like to eat shit for some reason.
2 was the reason I've dropped this series since it was a MASSIVE leap backwards in literally every single aspect.
>>
>>329595072
It's easily the best one
>>
>>329595873
People take the ME3 is bad meme way too seriously
>>
>>329595590
Because Bioware blew through a fuck ton of forums to compile a list of all the flaws of the original game.

They fixed all what people complained about and since the console game was more popular they streamlined the concept a lot, only a small margin complained about the removal of Mako though and the general consensus was that it was a pretty perfect game.

They later made a DLC pack where you could stroll around in a hover vehicle but people didn't much care for that afterall.
>>
>>329590486
No shit, retard. That is my fucking opinion. Did I say "this is a fact, can we put this on the constitutions of the world?" fucking retard low effort comments like this dismissing me without even mentioning how I am wrong or right. Fuck off or I'll fuck you off. I am so sick of being disliked for BEING CIVIL and just EXPRESSING my opinion. Did I offend you? No. I merely said what I thought of this and if this is the way you treat me. I am entitled to more than fucking word, I deserve fucking meaning. You do not get the right nore the inclination to disagree wITHOUT FUCKING BACKING your shit up. Any fucking fag can just disagree and say "no no you are wrong" but it takes a fucking man with a real fucking dick to go "here is why you are wrong" back in my day that WAS called respect. Now you fucking faggots sit here circlejerking about current movies or games or whatever fucking celebrity is in. that IS YOUR OPINION. not my opinion, I have nobody to blame but you. I shared my feelings, I expressed my emotions. I OPENED UP TO YOU FAG and you do this shit? It's called empathy. Not this crappy low effort waste of time, if I knew how to, I would find you and force you into a little room with no water and THEN SEE HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOU DO THIS TO ME. Happy. TO ME. I want you to delete your fucking comment, then come back and type a rational response to what you agree or disagree with. I am not a english teacher, I am not expecing a fuck 10 page essay on why I am wrong. I want to discuss and share and FUCKING LEARN, not be a robot and just dismiss anything we disagree with. Did your fucking mom make you read cereal boxes while she went fucking other men or something, you have no class, no respect. Fuck you, sorry if I offended, but you need to learn what you did was not fucking right. not at all. So in summation, delete this, I am sick of seeing this shit. Then I want you to kill yourself and stuff your fucking fat face with your fucking faggot hands.
>>
>>329596271
This copypasta has cobwebs on it.
>>
1 > 2 > 3
>>
>>329596129
Don't tell me you're one of those "It was good up until the ending" faggots.
>>
I thought they were kinda meh.
They also hardly qualify as rpg.
>>
>>329589353
i loved that shit. i acknowledge the flaws and various faggotry of 3, but i still love all three of these games, and i am hyped as fuck for andromeda
inb4 accusations of newfaggotry, waifufaggotry, sjwfaggotry. i am 29, grew up on 16 bit ff and rts, i fuck 3d girls regularly, and i am vehemently opposed to sjw nonsense
>>
>>329589353
>ME1

Nothing comes close the feeling of exploration and wonder that came from mass effect 1. It had an obscene amount of potential and the story was set up to be better than any other space based narrative in media. I get a little sad every time I hear the main theme...

Have multiple level 60+ characters and every achievement on 360

>ME2

The game play became exponentially better, but the main story takes a backseat to individual character arcs and relationship building. The story also begins to break down towards the end of the last act.

Played through it 6 times and loved it for what it was. I hoped that mass effect 3 would take the best aspects of ME1 and ME2 as well have a rich and deep conclusion to the main story and each of the characters individual stories.

>ME3

Clocked 100 hours within the first 10 days of the game being out. Was literally the most hyped I've ever been for a game. Got to the ending. Wasn't pissed just disappointed that it didn't live up the its potential. Did one gigantic 100% play through on insane when all the dlc came out.

Then I saw all the screencaps of what the story was suppose to be and got legitimately pissed.

The one saving grace is the multiplayer...

I will buy mass effect Andromeda with the hopes that it is half as goof as ME1. I know I'm stupid.
>>
File: 14691473689.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
14691473689.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>329597989
>Have multiple level 60+ characters
>Played through it 6 times
>Clocked 100 hours
>>
>>329598441
retard
>>
>>329589353
>killed C&C
>killed ME
>killed DS
Thanks EA
>>
>>329597989
>Nothing comes close the feeling of exploration and wonder that came from mass effect 1.
God damn, do you remember these dreams full of stars..
>>
>>329598441
this seems reasonable to me.
i also take my time each time through.
>>
>>329597989
>Nothing comes close the feeling of exploration and wonder that came from mass effect 1
Star Control 2, don't use a guide, you're welcome.
>>
>>329599241
Most of the time you are just collecting vibrantly colored balls though.

Not exactly what people mean when they talk about exploration and wonder.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.