[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam market escrow panic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Steam market.jpg (162 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
Steam market.jpg
162 KB, 1191x670
You remember how the implementation of the first escrow caused a huge panic on the market and prices dropped?

What do you think will happen this time?
My prediction is a small panic, since the trading sites are now prepared and only a small percentage of users does not have the authentificator.

What are your predictions /v/?
Anybody planing to make profit on a possible market dip?
>>
I have never traded anything on the steam market

What the fuck is the point of that
>>
>>329589209
Comparing epeens
>>
>>329588941
I don't care as long as I can still sell trading cards from games or events to faggots who will actually pay money to make badges.
>>
>>329589209
You can make some profit and it's fun. The market seems predictable at some times and besides some other methods, this is one of the lower risk ones.
Some people gamble on skin betting sites and lose money like retards, silly people.

>>329589308
For some yes, i just plan to get some items but i don't want to pay my own money, so i want to trade until i reach the sum i need.
>>
File: Last call tough break.png (631 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Last call tough break.png
631 KB, 1280x960
>>329589498
If you have the authentificator, running for 7 days before the 9th of march, then no problem.

W/o, you will get into a trade hold.

Also, have you seen pic related?
>valve stops selling tough break passes
>Will the better tf2 skins become more valuable over time? since less and less of these are dropped?
>>
What authentificator
What's going on
What will happen to my hard worked 70 cents?
>>
>>329590115
It's all written if you open your steam.
From the 9th of march you need a mobile steam app if you want to trade virtual items on the market.
If you don't have it, your trade will be on hold. So you will have to wait 3 days for item delivery of a completed trade.
And 15 days until itel is listed, when you list your item on the market for sale.
>>
>>329589209
Getting free money for other games? Just selling cards, I got the latest Tome expansion for free last week.
>>
>>329590787
don't believe me?
It's all in the numbers

Number 1: that's terror
Number 2: that's terror
>>
>>329590787
So I won't be able to sell my sale cards on the market unless I own a normiephone?
>>
>>329591327
Look into the long version of the post, i am not sure if it is for all items like that, but knowing valve they made it for all items similar.

You could sell them but listing them in the market would take 15 days, and then they are just there, up for sale. You still would have to wait until someone buys them.

If cards would be escrow free, then they would become the new currency and that would fuck the economy really hard.

>would be fun to experience tho.

>normiephone
Either ask a friend without steam to help you out or buy any cheap android phone or look up if it's possible to run the authentificator on an android emulator like blue stacks.
>>
Can you setup the authenticator on your pc? I use several authenticators despite not owning a smartphone because the authenticator can be launched via pc
>>
>>329592173
Never looked into that, i bet there are methods to do it.
The authenticator is an app on the market, there is no windows version of it. So maybe only via android emulator.
>>
>>329590787
But isn't it like that for several months already?

A major pain in the ass, really. Just let me fucking complete my autism cards and give you money.
>>
I never fucking understood why Valve is so fucking desperate for your phone number. First they kept shoehorning into stuff and reminding you constantly, then they set up minor restrictions without it, and now this. Why the fuck do they want a phone number so badly? There's no way in hell I am doing the authenticator. Once you do it you have to put in a code on your phone every goddamn time you log in and I don't want to deal with that. Thank goodness I don't have anything I want or need to trade on the market.
>>
I blame the retards who got themselves scammed for all these idiotic trade restrictions and "safeties." They blamed Valve for being stupid so now we have to deal with this.
>>
>>329592567
>Once you do it you have to put in a code on your phone every goddamn time you log in and I don't want to deal with that.
battlenet authenticator requires the code once a week on a trusted device
jagex authenticator once a month
google only once

it's very unlikely that you will have to type it every time. as for the phone number it's a very convenient security measure
>>
>>329593074
>needing this much fucking security for virtual items

People must have been really, really dumb to have caused this to happen
>>
>>329593407
nah, Valve is datamining
>>
>>329593407
It's actually because people have been using steam support to recover items to dupe expensive CSGO skins.
>>
>>329592484
Yes, i got the app when they implemented it the first time. But now they are making the waiting periods longer. The 15 days to list an item is a kick in the dick to people who don't want that bs app on their phone.

>>329592567
>put in a code every log in

I have it since start and i just never log out of my steam. Even if i shut down my pc i don't have to put in the code after start up.

The phone number thing feels fishy, i think they are up to something more.
>inb4 valve tele communication company
>pay with your skins

>>329592831
This!
Mostly they made it to prevent little jimmy from getting scammed out of his 5$ cs go skin his mommy bought him.

>item duplication
This was a thing. You write valve that your items got lost in a trade, and valve sometimes refunded it, no questions asked, if the stuff was not too expensive. Saw a vid about that.
>>
>>329593407
i know nothing about the steam market so i don't know why they are doing this, email and phone security seems good enough for me. so i won't use this authenticator
>>
>>329593573
>and valve sometimes refunded it, no questions asked, if the stuff was not too expensive. Saw a vid about that.

>Valve creates a system so shitty that they believe trades are lost on a regular basis
>instead of fixing it they make consumers jump through stupid hoops
honestly, fuck this company
>>
Already had the app on my phone from the last two sales that still had flash sales, so I could check on them when I wasn't home, so whatever.
>>
>>329593709
It can be fun and rewarding when you predict it right. I missed the tf2 trading thing, now trying to hop on the cs go trading.
I will make a similar thread tomorrow, with tips on trading and what i learned so far.
(still a noob tho)

Thread is not heading in the direction i expected.
I wanted to speculate on a possible market dip, but instead got peoples reaction on the escrow.
Oh well.
>>
>>329593407
>Even smart people can get Scammed.

Valve has revealed that around 77,000 accounts are stolen every month from an organized network of hackers. Users that have their accounts hijacked include professional Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players, Reddit contributors, and more.
>>
>>329596170
>implying that number is not inflated by item duplicators
>>
File: 1456922435890.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1456922435890.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>329589209

>What the fuck is the point of that

>Not watching every CSGO major and selling the drops to buy new games.

Nigga I got DBXV and Elite: Dangerous for "Free" selling Cobblestone drops from the previous major tournaments.
>>
>>329596170
Seems like CSGO is the main problem surrounding every steam issue. Dont play it lol
>>
>>329596170
>hackers
>Please click here to claim your free bonus wallet Steam credit: steamcommaunity.com/login
That's not hacking, it's rightful abuse of retareded people who shouldn't be left alone with a computer.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.