[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look what this guy made on his own, in his spare time and at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 7
File: wow.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wow.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
Look what this guy made on his own, in his spare time and at the cost of $0.00.

It's a sorry state of affairs when one random person in the internet can best an entire team of devs.
>>
where da geck at
>>
>>329560521
what am I looking at?

Also devs have schedules. Modders don't.
>>
Cool, did he have deadlines, a bunch of other models he had to work on, meetings, and all that?
>>
Nice animation but not intended for use during gameplay, I hope?
>>
>>329560674
>>329560663

What a surprise, Bethesda cucks to the rescue
>>
>>329560521
You made this thread like 4 times already.
>>
>>329560674
no Todd, he has a life to live and a job to make money with.
>>
>>329560784
Knowing how often somebody posts a thread on /v/ isn't exactly something you want to be announcing.
>>
>>329560521
Can you stop making these threads, you cunt?
>>
>>329560725
>OP gets buttdevastated
:^)
>>
B.B.B.BETHESDA DEFENSE FORCE!
SAVIORS OF THE FALLOUTVERSE!

PAID MODS IMPROVE QUALITY!
TEN NPCS IS A CITY!

GRAPHICS AREN'T IMPORTANT ANYWAY
AS LONG AS YOU PAY PAY PAY

B.B.B.BETHESDA DEFENSE FORCE!
*guitar solo*
>>
>>329560521
except that's just an animation that doesn't actually have any game play mechanics, and im pretty sure it had more to do with dumbing down the game then lack of effot
>>
>>329560859
lmao I know rite, us normies
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/text/Look%20what%20this%20guy%20made%20on%20his%20own%2C%20in%20his%20spare%20time%20and%20at%20the%20cost%20of%20%240.00./type/op/

This now counts as pasta spam and should be treated as such.
>>
>>329560708
Why not?
If you haven't been checking the durability of your weapon it would be a great way to punish you for being a dumb motherfucker.
>>
What the fuck is up with the Bethesda defense force suddenly crawling out the woodwork?
>>
Are there any more?
>>
Well it'd be nice if you told us what the webm exactly was. Is it a mod? Is it on youtube? Is it one in a series? Is it just some guy who only did this one?
>>
>>329560859
The person who witnesses all those threads is at most only as pathetic as the person making them. But the OP is likely a lot worse.
>>
>>329560521
Stupid thread so far.
Blatant denial with how others have proved you wrong, also.
Anyone, even you OP as stupid as you seemingly are, can make that, at 0.00 using FREE programs, with YOUR free time.
You can perfect everything about it and take as looooooooooong as you want, you fucking idiot.

The moment you are working for someone, shit changes. I know this from experience, when deadlines are involved, and you're handling multiple tasks, quality becomes compromised, sometimes even function.

You have no experience, not even a witness to working as a freelancer or full time for someone if you think it's as simple as "hurr durr look what this guy made for free under no schedule, the devs must be incompetent"
>>
>>329561027
They check /v/ every time Fallout 4 crashes :^)
>>
>>329560987
The blowing up itself is alright but the couple of seconds of gaping at it in puzzlement afterwards are too much. It's more designed to show off all the detail in the jiggly bits than as a practical gameplay element.
>>
File: 1449270376189.jpg (76 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
1449270376189.jpg
76 KB, 440x587
>>329560521
is this seriously going to be a daily thread?
is your life that empty?
also, bethesda being lazy and unskilled isn't exactly breaking news
>>
>>329560521
Why is it with casuals and weapons degrading. In fallout 4 none of the weapons need to be repaired and I just started playin FE fates and most of the standard weapons have unlimited uses
>>
>>329560965

>Posts vidya content
>"i..it's s...spam because I don't l..like it!"
>>
>>329560824
So could literally work 1 hour a week and have it done in 6 months? Good to know.
>>
>>329561043
It's from reddit, and as far as I remember it's just an animation, not anything applicable in the game or anything. Just an animation.
>>
>>329561174
Not to defend the devs and but most of them are likely to be very good at what they do and would probably outclass modders if they decided to create their own things in their own free time.

But to compare some random guy in his house doing it for fun to a guy who's literal job is to do this shit all day for multiple people and finish it all under a usually unreasonable amount of time is a logical fucking leap.
>>
>>329560987

and this is why you are not a game dev
>>
>>329561296
Vidya related spam is still spam retard
>>
>>329560521
holy shit

someone give that guy a fucking job for a good gaming coming out soon
>>
>>329560521
ITT we know exactly what we are talking about
>>
>>329561296

Your parents raised you wrong, most likely on purpose.
>>
How can people defend Fallout 4? i don't fucking get it! like, how the fuck, do you seriously defend this piece of shit?
>>
Someone should mod in ladders.
>>
>>329561512
nobody defends it

infact people are so into not defending it they willingly say shit like "yeah its fine..so what if one of the biggest video game franchises turned into a AAA piece of shit for 15 year olds to play on their xbox..they got a job and quotas to make nerd lol"

I know /v/ can ONLY get worse but it's sad when people aren't legit angry at what fallout 4 was and we should go on a faggy little tangent about it.
>>
>>329560521
>laser rifle still has recoil
Just stop already
>>
>>329560521
is this a new shitpost?
>>
>>329560521
Looks really good, but modders don't have deadlines.
>>
>>329562016
It also has a ballistic bullet, otherwise it would have no stopping power.

oh wait it's not even a real thing.
>>
>at the cost of $0.00.

cause no one be paying him you dingus

how you gonna think that makes him look superior

'yo check me out i made this sick virtual gun and guess what? NOT EVEN EMPLOYED DUDE'
>>
Its just an animation. You can't mod non idle animations in bethesda games anymore since skyrim
>>
>>329561217
Jesus christ you are making me begin to wonder if this Bethesda shills meme is real.

It doesn't matter if it's fucking practical, there's nothing practical about letting your weapon break. If you fire a weapon and it explodes in your hands you bet your ass you're going to stare at it for a few seconds trying to figure out how your stupid ass managed to get dressed that morning.
>>
>>329563743

...and this is why you are not a game dev.
>>
And such a thing brings what to the game? If I was a developer, this is exactly the kind of thing I'd cut out to save money and time.
>>
>>329563743
This has nothing to do with shilling and everything with proper game design. It's a good animation by itself, but it is not a good animation for actual gameplay. Maybe if at around0:04 the player discarded the gun or something, that would be alright. But no, he lifts up up to his face some more and inspects it at his leisure for several more seconds from a few different angles.

Imagine if this played every time. Imagine if this played in combat. It would be awful.
>>
>>329560521
So now animation clips are in-game modded animation ?

You high or what ?
>>
>>329561217
Just make it so after it explodes, the rest of the animation can be canceled by sprinting or by switching weapons.
>>
>>329564069

And this is why current game devs are mostly shit.
>>
>>329563743

>In a fire fight
>gun breaks

BETTER STARE AT IT WHILE I GET PINCUSHIONED
>>
>>329560521

>black hands
>can't into laser guns

heh
>>
>>329560521
K.
>>
>>329563743
The animation leaves you way too open while you gawk at your weapon, nobody in the middle of a firefight is going to do that.

Here's Far Cry 2 doing it fucking properly, animations are slowed down and still shorter than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLOIbhu02nk
>>
File: tch.png (54 KB, 148x178) Image search: [Google]
tch.png
54 KB, 148x178
Strict deadlines are slowly killing the quality of AAA games.
>>
>>329564674
>Just a puff of smoke and the separate moving entities flying off

Such effort
>>
>>329561449
As a joke
>>
>>329564828
Yeah that's kind of how guns break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmvl5wTAUw
>>
>>329560521
So you work for some publisher and was ordered to repost this constantly so we can learn to hate it and buy your broken, partially complete game that was in development for 5 years?
>>
>>329563580
>You can't mod non idle animations in bethesda games anymore since skyrim

I'm a 3d artist and I don't understand how technically it could be possible to only make modding idle animations possible. Animations are animations. There are forward- and inverse kinematics, deformers, keyframe animations and vertex animations. There is no technical difference between actions and idle loops.
>>
>>329564315

removing control from the player to have them watch a stupid animation that would be completely inappropriate in the context of a firefight as a punishment for managing a firefight poorly is just stupid af. there are much better ways of doing it than making the player character examine the gun, which just fucking exploded in his hands, like a baby acquiring early motor skills by waving its hands in front of its face. not to mention the fact that losing your fucking gun is kind of its own punishment.
>>
File: CHICKENGEAR.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CHICKENGEAR.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>329560521
BREAKING NEWS: BETHESDA RELEASES HALF FINISHED GAME AND BETHESDRONES ACTUALLY COMPLETE IT FOR THEM, THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Welcome to video games, you fucking retard

Have a retarded chicken mech for no raisin.
>>
>>329560521
I'm confused, what's the point of this?

It's just an animation.
Does it work in game? Is it a mod? What is the mods function, to inconvenience the player occasionally?
>>
>>329565073
The entire upper reciever flew off. That's not what happened in the far cry clips. Literally only the parts of the guns that were animated and thus would have been already separate entities are the only ones that fly off.
>>
>bethcucks to the rescue!
lmao
>>
>>329560521
I dont understand,
>>
>>329560521
>lasers
>recoil

just why?
>>
>>329565431
Other than a bit of the barrel the AK in that clip and in Far Cry break in pretty much the same way. The Far Cry stuff is also slowed down, you don't sit there inspecting it to see how prettily it broke, it pops and you chuck it so you can start shooting with something else.
>>
>>329565807

Gamebryo troll physics. Laser causes recoil, and loading a save makes furniture explode.
>>
>>329565807
the kickback in the gun is caused by the internal cooling mechanisms
also explains why you can't sustain a beam like a typical laser gun because the heat would be too great for the cooling
>>
>>329566293
can you pls tell me how the cooling makes the gun kick back as if the laser itself caused it. And how can the automatic laser mod be a thing then? i know it's not a consistent beam but it's several beams in short intervals. shouldn't that get the same amount of heat as a consistent beam?
>>
Where the fuck is the GECK anyway.
Goddamn we need it to fix this shitshow.
>>
>>329566561

They're weaker lasers

Like, they actually do maybe 1/4 as much damage as the semi-auto variant
>>
>>329564706

Which I don't even understand because of the amount of games that are delayed these days.
>>
>>329564706

>XCOM 2 delayed for 5 months
>Still shit

???
>>
>>329560521
Bethesda is made of hacks big fucking news OP

Also great animation it's not like im getting filled with lead while it plays
>>
>>329560674
Fuck off with this bullshit argument. Bethesda didn't have to choose a memedate and rush their game and it's a known fact Bethesda had incompetent people working on animation and models because Todd's friends with them and doesn't want to replace them
>>
>>329564069
>what is Monster Hunter
>>
>>329567621
>in monster hunter your character stares at their broken weapon

This is why you're not a game dev.
>>
>>329562819
Doing it for free =! NEET
Most modders are devs of other games, college students, or underage dependents
>>
>>329560521
That looks a lot like a pre rendered animation. Or an animation rendered in an empty environment.
>>
>>329560521
>An animation
Woop de fucking do.

Let me know when it's done for every gun/attachment combination as well as the code to support weapon degradation and or quality.

And this is coming from a guy who fucking hates everything bethesda after Oblivion.
>>
It's all your own fault for allowing this behavior of paying full price to hacks because
>kel mods will fix it
>>
>>329565324
>people think its ok
>people defend it

yeah, releasing unfinished is totally okay, because hey, were in the video games industry, where fucking over the customer isnt only ok, its also reccomended
>>
>>329560674
Man am i sick of seeing characters slap their gun to their hip and it dissapears.

Fuck Bethesda. Laziest goddamn developer on the planet.
>>
>bethcucks defend a developer that didn't even include iron sights to their game
>>
>>329567958
Game punishes you with overly long anImations, like the little pose after a potion
Either way the op webm is overexageratted so you can actually see it. Of course it would not be like that in game you worthless autist
>>
File: Terraria_Plantera.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Terraria_Plantera.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>329569129
I'm not defending shit, moron. I'm saying Bethesda is shit and people like those in OPs video are fucking retarded
>>
>>329568882
Hitman will get it done in a month
>>
>>329560663
>>329560674
>trying this hard
>>
>>329569423
The whetstone animation isn't punishment because you actively have to sharpen. The punishment is when your dumb ass decides to sharpen when the monster is running around next to you.
>>
>>329563743
it's trying to give a sense of realism by checking to see what broke or if it's salvageable like you would do in real life if a weapon popped in your hands like that.

you're too caught up in your video game worlds where everything is linear
>>
>>329570594
>middle of a firefight
>wondering if your gun is salvageable while people shoot at you

The realism would be waiting until you're safe before thinking about that shit.
>>
File: 1455773320022.gif (967 KB, 463x223) Image search: [Google]
1455773320022.gif
967 KB, 463x223
I don't understand OP's point. That dude probably spent a few weeks on a shitty animation
>>
If entering and exiting power has combat and noncombat animations, why couldnt a gun breaking?
>>
>>329571118
Because Fallout 4 guns have no durability. Like how a good game does it.
>>
>>329571243

Im talking within the context of everone bitching about how the animation takes so long
>>
>>329569423
>Either way the op webm is overexageratted so you can actually see it. Of course it would not be like that in game you worthless autist
Thanks for repeating the whole point you were arguing against as if it's an argument for your side.
>>
>>329560521
>shilling your 3D animation on /v/

Fuck off
>>
>>329560663

yeah devs are on tthe clock,

you got niggas, 1 is getting paid the other aintt so who works hardest?
>>
>>329572809
I took note, I'm sure others who look for talent on imageboards do as well.
>>
>>329561210
kekeekekekekekkekkkkekekeekekekekeke
>>
>>329560521
MAKE
FALLOUT
GREAT
AGAIN.
>>
>>329564927
STREAM THAT MOVIE IF YOU'RE SO GREAT
>>
I've only just started playing FO4. It has exactly the same problem FO3 does, only a little worse: your family member is missing and you have to track them down. The game holds your hand to get you established, and then after that I guess it bugs you with tons of reminders to feed and water your NPCs, which sucks because you're playing Fallout, not Farmville.

But here's the thing: if you skip out on feeding and watering the NPCs and focus on prowling and scavenging, is it worse? I haven't gone anywhere near my retarded son Shaun because I knew him for twenty minutes and never even held him. My wife seemed fully indifferent to me. The wasteland was my chance to sell my wedding ring and live free again!

Suppose you ignore the Farmville shit and your useless, incidental family, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>329560521
Oh look, he made one animation for one gun. That makes the developers who made thousands of animations for every character and animal in game so fucking lazy. Surely they could also make hundreds of different animations for all versions of guns that are in game.

TLDR kill yourself, loser
>>
Ok, that's it. This was the post that helped me make my decision. /v/ is shit now, I kept lying to myself by saying "oh, but what if a good thread shows up" but it's time to stop lying. There are no good threads now, just dumb memes and stupid faggots. I'm done, I'm leaving and never coming back. Goodbye /v/, I hope you rot you fucking idiots.
>>
>>329577467
It's boring
>>
>>329579816
Regardless of what people may say, that hyper-simplified dialogue wheel is a piece of shit. Half the time I can't tell what kind of response I'm about to give.

For example, two guys are arguing whether one of them should get involved with the synths. One option was "Don't get involved". My character says, "Sorry, I don't want to get involved in your argument, guys!"

That was not what I fucking thought I was going to say. I thought I was going to tell the guy to not get involved with synths. I guess for that I should have taken the much more hostile option, "synths are the devil, hiss".

There's basically zero nuance to NPC interaction now. It even took me a few tries to sell stuff to an NPC the first time I spoke to a shopkeep because one option was "Barter?" and the other was, "What can I buy?", both of which seem like logical segues into shopping.
>>
>>329560521

There has to be a reason why this amateur shit looks better than the professional shit in the actual game.
>>
>>329580774
You know there's a mod that changes the dialogue back to the old style right?
>>
>>329560521
Developers don't devote their time making silly animations that serve no purposeful mechanics in a game.
>>
>>329582608
So you get to see how they're all the same options with minor differences in tone
>>
>>329584091
Doesn't it boil down to "Yes, no, sarcastic yes, aggressive no"?
>>
>>329560521
whereas in the same amount of time just one beth dev made a hundred dungeons, checkmate modderz
>>
>>329577467
Just do minutemen quest to explore places while getting exp also kill brotherhood of steel members to make them a enemy because all other bad guys aren't even a challenge.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.