[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we have a PSMD thread going? who was your starter and partner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 489132.jpg (86 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
489132.jpg
86 KB, 600x450
can we have a PSMD thread going?

who was your starter and partner?
froakie as protag and fennekin as partner for me

just played through it yesterday and i can say that this is easily the second best pokemon mystery dungeon game

did they actually used the "throwing cloud further into the sky to reach bahamut" scene from advent children?
>>
Mudkip/Torchic squad

Was really surprised by how good SMD was. Good story, mostly solid characters, and the best gameplay in the series. Plus I really liked the new recruiting system even though some people didn't. Only big drawback is the lack of postgame. I think they could've done more with the connection orb, made little postgame mini arcs that spanned a few Pokemons' requests
>>
File: Team_Meanies_anime.png (316 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Team_Meanies_anime.png
316 KB, 640x480
>>329550247
best soundtrack so far

still wondering why this never got an actual anime series

back then when they released pokemon red and blue rescue team, they aired a short episode with the prologue
>>
Treecko and Squirtle here.
I like the story of Explorers a bit more but the gameplay is really the best in the series so far. Also more challenging imo, which is good. Haven't touched the postgame yet but I will do that soon.

>>329551202
pretty sure they did one for Explorers of Time/Darkness too, not sure about Super.
>>
>>329550717
i dont like it that some pokemon just leave you for a while

is it only the strongest pokemon that leave you?
because some of the weaker pokemon can still join you after you took them to a dungeon
>>
File: 489132458.gif (635 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
489132458.gif
635 KB, 500x281
>tfw the ending happens
thats what i like about these games

sky still had the best ending
>>
>>329552328
That brief "THANK YOU" when the screen fades white was so good.
>>
Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Good choice in my opinion, the movesets are pretty good and complement each other perfectly.

>>329551202
I agree, the soundtrack is fucking amazing.
>>
I was intending to buy this game, but the lack of postgame just took it all away
>>
>>329552873

Holy shit, tell me about it, DM just exploded and I'm so glad I noticed it. Made it so much better.
>>
>>329550717

Female torchic is the best goddamm partner. I nicknamed mine Chica.
>>
>>329554125
Are the partners any different? The Bulbasaur I picked is annoying as fuck.

Also the AI is complete garbage, I don't remember it being this fucking terrible in the other games. And you can't even improve their decisions because Intelligence was removed.
>>
Also, can we agree there is no story post-game after mew becomes your partner. The revival part was so fucking stupid my head still hurts from it.
>>
>>329554383

No they're all the same, I just find it more acceptable if it's a girl partner.

Are you talking about how they sometimes split from you to pick up items? Because that is a little annoying, you could always change tactics though.
>>
>>329554125
does the english version actually state it a female partner?

in the german version they say "partnerin"

i thought this is was going to be a love story or something

but they never really have a love relationship story in any pokemon game
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (157 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
157 KB, 908x1000
>>329550717
charmander and mudkip here was the submerged cave living hell for you too?
>Mfw hydropump
>>
>>329554569

You choose the gender of your partner at the end of the quiz, and yes, I think I recall hearing someone talking about 'her' and so on. Your character is genderless though.
>>
>>329554618
every pokemon that has an AoE attack in a big room is just hell

there was one early on in the game that used such a attack and wiped out my entire team after taking two steps
>>
More like WANDS and EMERAS the game.
>>
>>329554525
That is the only good part. They never position themselves for attacks, don't attack if they are in range, use the wrong moves, don't use some moves at all, even if they are activated, never run when they are in danger, run off in random directions if you are a few steps too far.
These are just a few I can think of quickly, the AI is so fucking bad that it annoys the hell out of me. It also makes bossfights much harder than they should be because they are too stupid to pick the same target as myself.

>>329554618
I run Squirtle/Bulba and Hydro Pump OHKO'd my Bulbasaur.
>>
>>329554816
Heliolisk and Razor Wind probably, that shit's ridiculous.
>>
>>329554869
I've not have problems with attacks, maybe they just ran out of PP for you?
For positioning I always start boss battles with allianceattacks as it will get them in position.

Can't say they wandered off at all for me, at least not as much as in previous games, then it was a real pain in the ass. I had 8 pokemon in my team at one time, all followed me through the whole dungeon.
>>
>>329555103
>>329554869
i hate it when they leave you, just to get the item at the end of the fucking room

most of the time its just shit items anyway
>>
>>329555103
I'm not stupid and I've played all the other games aside from gates. One of the issues with the attacks seems to be that they prefer using STABs over anything else.
And alliance attacks don't always work in the dungeon itself, sometimes there is not enough space or a partner is statused or too far away.
>>
anyone found a good dungeon for leveling?

forgot dungeon name, but there are sleeping garbodors that gives you 60 exp

didnt try beating one with motivated pokemon yet

my protag and partner pokemon still get the exp, when i use all three motivated pokemon in a dungeon, right?
>>
Chespin/Tepig freakin best Combo! Cute for Story, Bara for Postgame
>>
>>329556803
If you're at the postgame you should have unlocked Mysterious Geoglyph, the Genesect dungeon. If you go to the last floor, it's one big room with constantly-spawning Genesects. Spam heat wave or other room-hitting moves and you'll be rolling in exp

Remember that all Pokemon you've recruited gradually level up as well, so it doesn't matter who you take in to the dungeon
>>
How mega evolution?
>>
Started playing blue rescue team as my first PMD. Didn't expect it to be an actual proper roguelike, thought it was just an rpg/dungeon crawler/roguelite. Pretty cool.
>>
>>329557610
I Want to fully evolve my starter, but I can't because my level is way too low.
Charmeleon and marshtomp don't have any aoe moves.
>>
>>329557634
Some random emera that you find in a dungeon.
>>
>>329557754
Yeah it is pretty cool, how far are you in?
>>
>>329557867
Earthquake is a TM. I think Bulldoze, too.
>>
>>329558007
The jumpluff mission. Actually got rekt 2 floors off the top, so I took the opportunity to grind up my newly-recruited aron, magnemite and zigzagoon. I am charmander with bulbasaur.
>>
>>329558036
Eatrthquake kills charmeleon that is why I want to evolve the, and I didn't that bulldoze was an aoe move.
>>
>>329558143
The story getspretty good I hope you wil enjoy it as much as I did.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.