[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RE6 is much better RE5. Right, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 234234.png (1 MB, 1280x807) Image search: [Google]
234234.png
1 MB, 1280x807
RE6 is much better RE5.
Right, /v/?
>>
Both are dogshit
Kill yourself re6 faggot who keep spamming shitty threads
>>
It's the only one I haven't played, I'm picking up the disc version for PS4, pretty hype
>>
I hate Leon
RE5 has no Leon
RE6 has Leon and is not better than RE5
>>
RE6 would be better if it didn't have constant QTEs, it's alright otherwise.
I had more fun playing RE5 with a friend though.
>>
RE4 onwards are equally shit. This is not debatable and anyone who tries is literally 12.
>>
It's not a bad game, it's just not a good Resident Evil game.
>>
>>329544007
Not really. I'd say they're two different games based on their gameplay.

RE5 has that classic feel to it.
RE6 has that modern feel to it.
Both are amazingly fun coop games.
>>
>>329544007
Resident Evil 5 is arguably the best of the 3 modern main entries. Resident Evil 4 rides so hard on nostalgia value, whereas RE5 really cleaned up every little fault Capcom felt RE4 had.

Resident Evil 6 actually modernized by drawing influence from the third person genre, and also made things really streamlined and absurdly simple.

The co-op seemed insulting, but to be honest it's the biggest reason anyone goes back to those two games, and it makes them incredibly fun. I've probably had around ~250 hours in RE5 by playing through with different friends.

Resident Evil: Revelations is a fucking joke that insulted true survival horror with its bullet sponge garbage and bad upgrade system. Leon's campaign in RE6 is pathetically designed and infested with QTEs; Chris' or Alex's campaigns were significantly better.
>>
File: 1456648912344.jpg (24 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1456648912344.jpg
24 KB, 640x430
>They're FUN in COOP

How the fuck can anyone have fun with these games is beyond me.
>>
File: 1451081573408.jpg (60 KB, 680x516) Image search: [Google]
1451081573408.jpg
60 KB, 680x516
>>329546450
Ask your mom to play them with you and see yourself.
>>
>>329546450
Misery loves company. Playing a game with a friend always makes it more fun. Especially one as shitty to play through as RE6.
>>
File: 1452807992461.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1452807992461.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>329544292
>I hate Leon

Why do you exist
>>
>>329544007
A giraffe receiving oral sex.
>>
>>329544007
RE6 is actually worse than RE5
>>
HELL YEA BABY

I CAN'T WAIT TO REPLAY MERCS ON MY PS QUADRUPLE
>>
File: Sherry cosplay.jpg (66 KB, 700x770) Image search: [Google]
Sherry cosplay.jpg
66 KB, 700x770
I like Sherry, but I don't like Jake...
>>
File: 276804919.jpg (537 KB, 1000x1178) Image search: [Google]
276804919.jpg
537 KB, 1000x1178
RE6 had Sherry and her stick of doom, it can do no wrong in my eyes because of that
>>
>>329551753
>>329552120
stop posting pics of my girl. and she would NEVER go with jake
>>
>>329545442
RE4 is great though
>>
>>329544007
Wrong, Resident Evil 5 is objectively the more challenging and fun co op game.
Resident Evil 6 played like dog shit at times, but was fun at least.
>>
The only way to have any fun in RE6 is cooping that mercenaries mode that has like a billion enemies at once
>>
>>329552562
>Wrong, Resident Evil 5 is objectively the more challenging and fun co op game.
Dat giant boss is no fun on veteran though
>>
>>329544007
Yes it is, but the retards who played the first 10 minutes are the ones forming opinions on videogames these days and the first 10 minutes were pretty weak
>>
File: 1456690439240.gif (3 MB, 345x260) Image search: [Google]
1456690439240.gif
3 MB, 345x260
>>329546236
>shitting on Revelations
Revelations 1 was amazing, fuck you and your shit opinion that you're perfectly entitled to.
>>
>>329552745
Vinny is so hot.
>>
>>329545717
That's silly. RE6 is a decent sequel to RE4. Whether RE4 is a decent sequel to RE3 is up for you to decide.
>>
>>329552629
>tfw beating the entire game on Professional with a friend
Anon, true suffering was Wesker and Jill.
The giant fight does come 2nd though.
>>
>>329544243
Good thing your getting the physical, so you can trade it when you find out its a pile of dog shit.
>>
Awful pacing and level design completely kill RE6.

At least RE5 had a sense of momentum.
>>
The are both about the same.
At least 5 had Wesker.
>>
>>329550849
Every fucking time.

Can you imagine nobody noticed that while it was being designed or everybody did and were too self-conscious to let people on they saw something like that in it?
>>
>>329552446
I hated Jake for being close to Sherry.

I want him to die.
>>
File: Sherry butt.png (208 KB, 750x477) Image search: [Google]
Sherry butt.png
208 KB, 750x477
>>329552446

"Your" girl has a fat ass, FAT!
>>
5 is a substantially better made game in almost everyway. the only real negatives someone might have in comparison is having to deal with sheva in singleplayer where as the AI in 6 cant be killed. also possibly the combat system in 6 being better, but the campaigns dont really use it for shit so it doesnt matter that much anyway outside of the online and minigames.
>>
>>329546236
>Resident Evil 5 is arguably the best of the 3 modern main entries. Resident Evil 4 rides so hard on nostalgia value, whereas RE5 really cleaned up every little fault Capcom felt RE4 had.
I would say that 4 had better pacing and more interesting environments, but thats just my personal preference
>Resident Evil 6 actually modernized by drawing influence from the third person genre, and also made things really streamlined and absurdly simple.
I agree completely
>The co-op seemed insulting, but to be honest it's the biggest reason anyone goes back to those two games, and it makes them incredibly fun. I've probably had around ~250 hours in RE5 by playing through with different friends.
This is true, but again, I personally prefer single player resident evil titles.
>Resident Evil: Revelations is a fucking joke that insulted true survival horror with its bullet sponge garbage and bad upgrade system. Leon's campaign in RE6 is pathetically designed and infested with QTEs; Chris' or Alex's campaigns were significantly better.
I don't hate 6, even with all its flaws, but the Revelations games seem like garbage so I've never touched them.
>>
File: 1456933929030s.jpg (3 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1456933929030s.jpg
3 KB, 114x125
>>329554928
I know this is completely off topic but I wish there were more people on /v/ like you. You seem to understand the concept of a civil discussion.
>>
RE: remake > 4 > RE:DC > 2 > 5 > 3 > RE > RE:0 > 6 > Rev 2 > Rev

>tfw no way to play Project Veronica
>>
>>329555120
thanks bud, you seem like someone I would want to talk about video games with.
best friendly exchange on /v/ in a while
>>
RE4 > The Evil Within = Shadows of the Damned > RE5 >>> RE6
>>
>>329554928
>the Revelations games seem like garbage so I've never touched them.
The first one is an awesome game if you're aware that you're playing a port of a 3DS title.
>>
>>329555426
>no eternal darkness: sanity's requiem squeezed in right behind RE4

otherwise you're right
>>
For the story and game type (Action games, not horror) that they are, they are not bad, they're really good games and I think 5 had a more scary feel than 6.

But as part of RE series, they along with 4 are the worse games, even below Dead Aim I'd say (Doesn't mean I don't like them, it's just how I see them as part of the whole series)... 4 was the best out of those 3, still retains a scare factor similar to the old ones, but deviated towards just another third person shooter. I think 5 and 6 weren't scary because of the coop, you never feel alone, even with the bad Ai. RE rev2 wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, because of the partner, sure Moira and the girl don't have weapons, but they can still kill enemies + you don't have to worry about them as you had with Ashley.

RE 0 was just as good as any other old RE, it had Ai partner which you could play with by just pressing a button to swap, but it was still scary with the old controls and limited actions to kill an enemy, which made it harder, but that's what made all old RE games beautiful... these days 1 enemy gives you no worry, you could just punch and kick him to death, back in the days 1 enemy could make you think carefully on what you're going to do.

Rev 1 did a good job with the hard enemies that weren't so easy to defeat by just punching and kicking your way through...
TL;DR Really dont care which one is better, they're both equally good as action games, but as part of RE they're both equally shit.
>>
Resident evil 5 is better than 6, the mercenaries mode is so fucking addictive
>>
sherry would never want a faggot like jake
>>
>>329556470
I just want a canon chris x juila voth face jill relationship
>>
>which is better, this piece of shit or this other broken piece of shit?
>>
Reasons why I hate anything post the classic era:

>Instead of making a series of third person shooter spin-offs, they CHANGED the genre of the main saga, fuck you Capcom.

>Leon looks like a fag in 4 and onwards, like he was made for the fangirls or something, I only like him in 2 where he is actually cool.

>Chris looks like one of those faggot marines from CoD since 5, actually he kinda looks like a latino in 5, what the actual fuck, why, nothing against latinos, but he looks ridiculous, I miss the good old chris from Veronica that wasn't a cloud of muscles faggot, and in Remake he was ok.

Only the girls (and Wesker) survived the transition to HD apparently, I actually prefer the new Jill (Remake and Rev), though Claire was pretty hot in Veronica already.

Revelations 1 is the only really decent of the new era gameplay wise, and most people dislike it because its not a pure shooter and has elements from the older games, they started with RE4 and can't handle anything more complex than a shooter so they shit on it, get fucked casual faggot.

Also fuck all the idiots complaining about Jake, he was the only male protagonist I liked in 6 and I would have him fucking Sherry before Justin Bieber Adult Version (aka Leon) or Chris (A latino version of Schwarzenegger).
>>
>>329558845
Re6 was a 6/10 game. One thing I can praise was the length, all the campaigns add up.
>>
What do you guys want to see in RE7?
I think it's pretty much a solo game featuring Jake and special chapters with Sherry just like in RE4.
>>
>>329552837
>Whether RE4 is a decent sequel to RE3 is up for you to decide.
There were like three mainline RE games (RECV, REmake and RE0) between RE3 and RE4.
>>
>>329559487
Remake is.. a remake of the first game
And Zero is a prequel to the first

But with CV you have a point, even if it is considered to be a spinoff for not having a number, It's actually marketing bullshit, CV its the true sequel to 2/3, and 4 to CV.
>>
>>329559719
>Remake is.. a remake of the first game
>And Zero is a prequel to the first
Doesn't matter. They still added to the gameplay formula. And REmake is completely different from RE1.
>>
>>329559072
I personally think the game would be better if it was shorter. Those caves and underground lab in Leon's campaing were boring as fuck.
>>
>>329559719
>Remake is.. a remake of the first game
>And Zero is a prequel to the first
more importantly they were trapped on a Mario console for the longest time, completely missing its target audience
>>
>>329559719
>But with CV you have a point, even if it is considered to be a spinoff for not having a number, It's actually marketing bullshit, CV its the true sequel to 2/3, and 4 to CV.
IIRC, it wasn't numbered because it was outsourced to some Sega team (the same guys that did the Saturn Resident Evil port), since Capcom didn't know how to make a Dreamcast game at the time.
>>
>>329544007
The opposite.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.