[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anon anon play wind waker it's the best zelda ever >ok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Wind-Waker-Windfall.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wind-Waker-Windfall.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
>anon anon play wind waker it's the best zelda ever
>ok
>world is comprised of tiny spits of rock with 10 minutes of sailing between them
>combat is mashing b with no strategy (even ALttP had enemies where timing was important)
>there are only about 5 real dungeons
>second half of the game is just hours of blatant filler as you fill fairy man's pockets
>fishman race evolved wings because they couldn't survive the world filling with water???
>I have to get HOW MANY FUCKING TRIFORCE PIECES
>oh my god I passed the item by six feet and have to play the fucking song again

at least it looks pretty, I guess.
>>
So you would agree that Wind Waker is the best Zelda?
>>
actually no, you can just put away the sail and hold R to cruise back around

but yes, you're completely right

oh, and dont forget the KORL doesnt actually let you sail around in your boat until you beat 2 or 3 of the dungeons first
>>
>>329530448
>fishman race evolved wings because they couldn't survive the world filling with water???
They even say in game the gods did it, gotta keep Hyrule a secret otherwise the flood doesn't matter much.

You're more or less right about everything else.
SS is the best post-64 3D Zelda.
>>
File: 1449230206677.jpg (740 KB, 1912x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449230206677.jpg
740 KB, 1912x1050
dont forget 3 of the pieces of heart are literally locked behind paywalls
>>
>>329530448
>>combat is mashing b with no strategy (even ALttP had enemies where timing was important)
You failed right here
Nice attempt though
>>
>>329531590

thats completely true though

I vividly remember doing that in every submarine and cave of trials

the only thing that needed a different approach were darknuts, and that was QTE to win
>>
>>329530448
>at least it looks pretty, I guess.

Eh. I like cel shading, but I don't like Wind Waker's art style.
>>
>>329530448
>garbage assessment
>doesn't even know HOW TO FUCKING CRUISE

Your thoughts are worthless.
>>
>>329531719
I liked the style, but most of the areas were really bare of anything. The kokiri (or whatever they were called in this one) area was an example of a dense, rich-looking zone, but most of the islands were just a set of grassy plateaus.

The best thing about the visuals is Link, though. He's so expressive, I got 90% of my amusement from the game out of his face.
>>
MM>WW>LA>Lttp>Oot
>>
>>329531676
>the only thing that needed a different approach were darknuts, and that destroys my entire troll-thread

Thanks anon!
>>
>/v/ now realizes WW is actually a mediocre as fuck game

About time you got rid of those goggles.
>>
File: 1446839644649.png (13 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
1446839644649.png
13 KB, 626x551
>>329532090

>an even greater simplification of the combat somehow dispproves my argument
>>
>>329530448
Congrats, you fell for the nostalgia bait.

Wind Waker is probably the best example of rose-tinted nostalgia glasses in the entire series.
>>
>>329531676
You literally cannot mash b on Moblins or the Mothra like enemies.
>>
>>329531676
>and that was QTE to win

That applies to a lot of monsters.
Just target and wait for the QTE prompt to insta win.

WW combat is trash.
>>
>>329532240

>moblins

yah, if you're slow as fuck and do nothing but wait for them to defend with their sticks
>>
>>329532134
Now if only they'd do the same with Sunshine.
>>
>>329530448
Wind Waker kids are the worst. It's ridiculous how much filler is in the game. All other home console Zeldas are far better.
>>
TWW is kind of shit but it has become a sort of militant act to like this game for the MUH COLORFUL VIDYA autists

tl;dr: it looks good but at its core it's a shittier ocarina of time
>>
File: tet2so4y.png (470 KB, 466x603) Image search: [Google]
tet2so4y.png
470 KB, 466x603
>Forsaken Fortress isn't a real dungeon

Here we go again. Do you not count Snowpeak as a dungeon because it has no heart drops? Do you think Ganon's Tower from Ocarina is not a real dungeon because it doesn't have a Compass? Is the Temple of the Ocean King not a dungeon because you don;t reach the boss until the end of the game?
>>
>>329532814
>>Forsaken Fortress isn't a real dungeon

It's not. Just a reused area because WW had content cut out the ass and rushed.
>>
>>329532814

the first visit to FF isnt a dungeon, because you're extremely railroaded with what you can do, and there's no reward for getting to the end of it

the second visit obviously counts
>>
>>329532814
I was counting forsaken fortress, actually.
>Fortress
>Dragon place
>Wind dungeon
>Earth dungeon
>Tower of gods
And about half of those are only 15 minutes long max. In a game that takes upwards of 10 hours to go through on a first playthrough, that's a hell of a lot of padding.
>>
File: bogs.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
bogs.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
>>329533012
>15 minutes long

Dude we're talking about WW, not ALBW
>>
>>329533012
You also forgot the Forbidden Woods.

Also, all that shit takes a lot longer than 15 minutes, anon. TotGs is a long dungeon just for how slow those damn statues move
>>
>>329532218
That's a funny way to say A Link to the Past
>>
>>329533012
>only 15 minutes long max
nigga
>>
>>329531997
Putting any game before OoT or Lttp = Shit taste

MM as your favorite game. You special snowflake :^)
>>
>>329530448
The water is magical time stop water or some shit.
I was under the impression that nothing can live in it.
>>
>>329537964

except fish, sharks, and giant squids, apparently
>>
>>329531997
>MM>WW>LA>Lttp>Oot
You are literally everything that's wrong with video games.
>>
>>329538046
Those are ganon's monsters.
I'm fairly sure I haven't seen any reference to non-magical life forms living in that sea.
>>
I love it when TWWcucks accuse SS or TP of being padded when their game is like 80% padding.
>>
>>329538289

>fish that aid the hero are ganon's monsters
>>
>>329532469
Could tell us why it's mediocre to speed things along, anon. It's not spoonfeeding to tell your baby that there's shit on their plate.

Also, prove it doesn't have the best fucking music. https://youtu.be/1f02IGJ8Ps0
>>
>>329538348
Well since we never kill one we don't know if it's magical or not.
The point is you don't see anything that leaves a corpse, so living in the ocean is probably not easy.
The sharks and squids explode into smoke so you can't really eat them.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.