[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Already played Dark Souls 1, trying to get the most out of Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: dark souls 3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Already played Dark Souls 1, trying to get the most out of Dark Souls 2 before DaS3. What order should I do the DLC in?
>>
I don't think it matters.

If in doubt, do order of release.
>>
>>329529086
Sunken King (poison area)
Iron King (fire area)
Ivory King (snow area)

Enjoy. Save for the so called co-op sections of each DLC, they were fantastic.
>>
It doesn't matter.

Just do it in order of release.
>>
>>329529508
yeah it seems there is a lot more player traffic in the DLC areas than the main game sections right now. How does /v/ rate the DLC btw?
>>
>>329529086
The order in which you find them.

Currently doing Iron King now and I'm having fun
>>
About to play the first one

Is offline mode fine? I heard some bosses are almost impossible in offline mode
>>
>replaying DaS 2
>bad enemy placement everywhere
>dumbshit enemy tracking
>wonky rolling and hitboxes
>bonfire every two steps
I don't remember the game being this bad
>>
>>329529665
No boss is impossible offline. If this is your very first souls game some may give you trouble, but overcoming them on your own is the greatest feeling.

Offline mode is fine, but you'll miss out on the suspense of being invaded, I guess.
>>
not op

but where do i go to start the sunken king?
>>
>>329530172
black gulch, go to the back of the area you killed the rotten and use the dragon talon on the statue you will find iirc. Do you have the talon?
>>
>>329529508
the only co-op i remember was the snow field of eleum loyce, is there any other need for co-op?
>>
>>329531238
Cave of the Dead
>>
Can someone tell me when DaS1 usually "clicks" with the player? I just beat the second boss and it's just kinda felt like a chore so far
>>
File: 1382452802198.jpg (96 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1382452802198.jpg
96 KB, 600x338
>>329529630

The DLC is reminiscent of DS1, so most people rate it above the main game of DS2. Opinions obviously vary, but Eleum Loyce is probably my favorite area out of both games. Each DLC area has a decent size of content as well.

I'd say the order of quality is actually in line with the DLC's release. It only got better as they released. The first one was good, but the setting could have been better. The second DLC was great, but the "gimmick" to the area could have been done without, albeit it's not difficult to keep track of it. The final DLC was fantastic, although its Co-Op route is somewhat arduous. It also has what's in my opinion the best boss intro.

So as far as I'm concerned, if you're willing to go through DS2, the DLC would be a treat for you.
>>
>>329533072
When you actually ring some bells and make progress. If it hasn't "clicked" for you yet after ringing the second bell, it probably isn't the game for you.
>>
>>329530829
yeh, i got it, thanks anon
>>
>>329533072
During the tutorial level.
>>
>>329533072
after the first bell
or even at the taurus demon, when i felt compelled to go back to the game and play it
>>
>>329533072
Most likely >>329534054

Don't burn yourself out on it though. After my first attempt at trying I went on hiatus for 3 months after which I had a crack at it for a hour or two once a week until I got some where.
>>
I'm about 28-ish hours into DaS2 and just scored the King's Ring, roughly how far am I into it, DLC areas included?
>>
>>329535889
full trip for the game, taking time to explore is about 60 hours
>>
>>329535919
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>329535919
I finished the other day, and my steam playtime for it is exactly 60 hours.

I feel better than I should about this.
>>
I'm almost done playing DaS1 and I'm currently at the DLC area and ignored Sif because I want to see the alternate boss intro again. After that I will try to finally platinum DaS1. When that is done or I no longer enough time, I'll play DaS2 next and try to beat it before DaS3. I hope to bro-op with you in 2, OP.
>>
>>329529086
DLC better than vanilla game. Harder and interesting.
>>
File: dididogud.png (76 KB, 952x199) Image search: [Google]
dididogud.png
76 KB, 952x199
>>329536695
My only regret was leaving the dickwraith covenant until NG++
>>
>>329537258
Say I got the moonlight greatsword in one character, but I didn't in my second one and got the rest, will that trigger the achievements or do I need to get everyone in one character?
>>
>>329538085
You need to get them in the same character which means you need to get to NG++ minimum (All 3 Sif soul weapons)
>>
Dark Souls 3 seems more like 1 than 2 did.
>>
I'm going to have to upgrade from my old 550TI to play this shit right?

Thought I read somewhere that the minimum was a 470, but apparently that is a stronger card than the 550TI so I'm out of luck until I get a new one/psu.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 01635.jpg (59 KB, 398x590) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 01635.jpg
59 KB, 398x590
>>329538256
Well, shit. Either I'll speed run through NG+ and NG++ or skip my plan to platinum and moved on to DaS2.
>>
>>329538441
Are you giving up over the Moonlight greatsword? It's not like it's particularly hard to get.
>>
>>329538539
Oh, no. I haven't been to the crystal caves yet, but it's doable. I'm just saying that I have to spend more time on the game if ever I want to 100% it. I accidentally kitted my character to PvP melee stats, so I don't have INT or even FTH upgraded. It'll take time to grind for souls... unless I use the boss soul dupe glitch.
>>
>>329538664
What do you need the INT and FTH for?
>>
>>329538836
Acquire all spells.
>>
>>329538947
I got every achievement running a dex paladin.
You don't need to be able to use every weapon/spell/miracle/pyromancy. You just have to have them.
>>
>>329539080
I'm not totally aware of this (I never tried INT and FTH builds), but you need to get certain spells from Logan, right? And that requires you to have a specific amount of INT stats?
>>
Luck is a stat this time right?

Can I do a luck/faith build and believe in the RNGods?
>>
>>329539197
I think luck is for item discovery, I think. Not sure it affects your critical chances.
>>
>>329539172
I don't recall ever levelling my INT but I got them none the less, I think the requirement is dropped after you save him the second time.
>>
>>329539296
It seems it affects the ay you deal poison and bleed somehow.
>>
Question for /v/, I'm doing a tanky build but have Strength, Vigor, Vitality and Endurance nearly maxed. What should I put points into next, Dex? both my Int and Faith are 3
>>
>>329540152
Adaptability.
>>
I notice I seem to see a lot of girl characters in co-op and PvP. What would you say the odds are they are real. just now I got summoned by someone named Haley. I so want it to be a 19 year old babe in yoga pants playing on a laptop in a college dorm
>>
>>329540506
I play as a grill.
>>
File: drakekeeper hitbox DaS2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
drakekeeper hitbox DaS2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>329529808
>wonky hitboxes
>>
>>329529868

actually offline mode still has cpu characters invade you and you can summon ai phantoms to help with bosses so the only thing you really miss out on are blood stains and messages
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.