[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are Chinese video games like? They have a games industry, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 3dp_china3dp_map_flag.png (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3dp_china3dp_map_flag.png
47 KB, 800x600
What are Chinese video games like?
They have a games industry, right?
>>
>>329526246
Mostly knockoffs of western games.
Like, literally.
>>
>>329526246
I can see you literally just googled it in order to make a /pol/ thread
>>
>>329526246
They make shitty mmos, mobile games and flash games.
Pretty much a worse South Korea.
>>
China is getting scrooped up by Sony at the moment. Nintendo tried to expand in China but they don't like kiddy shit. Esports is still a big thing there but they have a preference for Japanese vidiya, just not the childtendo stuff.
>>
Bootlegs, cheap mobile game knock offs, and crappy MMOs
>>
>>329526246

MMOs and League of Legends.
>>
That league of legends clone with Shrek in it
>>
>>329526307
Not really

Its artstyle is pretty... Eastern? There are a lot of Chinese RPG games and as far as I can see, I haven't seen a knock-off
>>
File: Monster_Pic1.jpg (498 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Pic1.jpg
498 KB, 1280x720
>>329526339
Capcom and Trecents MHO game is better than most Korean MMO's
>>
>>329526246
whats that new game being made in china called its based on the romance of the three kingdoms
>>
>>329526368
The fuck are you talking about? I love Darkened Souls, The Witchman 3, and I'm pretty sure Borne from Blood is GOTY.

Fellout 4 wasn't as good as the sequel as some said, but it's fun to play.

"knock offs" pssshh more like KNOCK-OUTS!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amu9OLiba44
>>
>>329527276
its basically dynasty warriors but not shit if that helps
>>
File: Angels Wrath main.jpg (105 KB, 708x400) Image search: [Google]
Angels Wrath main.jpg
105 KB, 708x400
>go to china to visit cousins
>they play the shittiest free mmo games like pic related
>official chinese f2p counter strike clone was almost decent if not for all the cash shop shit

The only good game they played was emulated King of Fighters 2002.

I've recently visited them and one of them understands english and plays english language pc games. they're getting there.
>>
>>329527418
I want to be Chinese now
>>
>>329526339

Isn't South Korea outside of Seoul and Busan basically the same as China though?
>>
>>329526246
Absolutely massive number of cash shops and other ways to nickle and dime people

So basically, identical to the West
>>
File: 1456886427525.jpg (79 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1456886427525.jpg
79 KB, 315x315
The country looks like a chicken
>>
>>329529495
Vancouver, Australia, and San Francisco is also China now
>>
>>329526512
Tencent literally steals successful western games (the one I remember seeing most explicitly was TF2) and then shoddily reskins and sells them in China
It has the added benefit of making chinese who eventually venture out think that western devs are stealing from them.
>>
>>329527410
Chingching Zhingwou Li Nindhou pls go.
>>
They got this great game. Whomever folds the most shirts in a day's work wins.
Prize is 50 cents.
>>
>>329526246
f2p crap that run on pentium 2 windows 98 PCs with ridiculous amounts of microtransactions and pay2win
>>
>>329527418
>suddenly fucking eurobeat
what the fuck
>>
>>329526246
low quality, but often great ideas ruined by p2w
>>
China's pretty big on phone games since most college age people don't have a computer and there is typically very limited internet access in their college dormitories anyway.
They also have shit taste.
>>
this country is so interesting to me. Grab a cup of joe or hot coco maybe some sweets have a few vids my family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I3ga6ky3aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3cmCKjPLR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rezLLMhwSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXZNA74iIo
>>
>>329529658
Do most Chinese immigrants literally seek out the most communist cities and move there?
>>
>>329526246
What about Taiwan? I mean they're pretty hardcore, right?
>>
>>329531210
Was that shit open 24/7
>>
>>329531457
Internet cafes are always open 24/7. People sometimes go there just to get a night's sleep for loose change.
>>
What is even the difference between Japan and China? Aren't they like the same thing
>>
>>329531606
Most people here probably couldn't name three Chinese video games so no they're not quite the same thing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.