[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamecube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
What does /v/ think of the Gamecube? The gamers turned their backs on this thing. I picked it up in 2005, I was like 9 at the time. Super Monkey Ball, Metroid Prime, Smash Brothers Melee, Animal Crossing...so many great games. It also had that awesome add on that allowed you to play GB games.

It makes me sad that it didn't really get the love it deserves.
>>
Pretty much any one who owned one has fond memories of it. Tons of quality games right out of the gate.
>>
GC library is massive and quality. Plus it's super durable.
>>
>>329517185
I still have my original. It's still very quiet. It holds up well.
>>
>>329517365
Mine went through 800 drops and practically everything else sans a blowtorch and it still runs just fine. Okay Sunshine and Bloody Roar Primal Fury on it often
>>
>>329517573
I've had it fall from the top of the closet all the way to the hardwood floor. This is unrelated to the durability of the console, but it's easily my favorite controller ever.
>>
>>329517904
It easily has the best controller ever*
>>
File: 1411094533746.png (13 KB, 394x396) Image search: [Google]
1411094533746.png
13 KB, 394x396
It has great games for sure. Although I still have mine laying around somewhere I emulate on dolphin now for that delicious high res

>tfw going fast in F-Zero GX with smooth as fuck models and 60fps
>>
>>329517185

>GC library is massive
GC has even less good exclusives than the N64, that says enough

>and quality
yes, the few games it had were good. But not enough considering at Sony people had hundreds of good games to play. The GC had the bad luck to fight against the probable best homeconsole ever released.
>>
>>329516228
I wouldn't be into vidya today of it wasn't for the impression that Animal Crossing and Melee left on me when I was younger.
I'll never forgive the GameCube.
>>
It was okay. Super Mario Sunshine was probably the most memorable GCN game for me. Wind Waker was alright, but I wouldn't ever go back to it. Same with Metroid Prime. Never played the racing games, and I'm not a Melee dweeb so that about sums up my experience.

I ended up getting an Xbox later on. If I were to do it all over again though, I'd definitely get a PS2.
>>
>>329518257
Ob fuck I forgot that game. Shit burned my eyes but it was worth it.

For the oldfags here, what was the reaction to Super Mario Sunshine like? It was the first Mario title since the N64, right?
>>
It was a bad value proposition and that's why it failed. If the GBA player was a standard feature out of box or if they had DVD movie playback, I think they could have squeezed out another 5-10 million sales.
>>
>>329518729
I was 10 when it came out so I'm not sure my opinion is incredibly valid, but I loved the hell out of it. Gamecube was the absolute shit along with PS2 and the consoles preceding it, what a time to be alive...
>>
File: 51JFSBXC7ML.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51JFSBXC7ML.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>329517992
Still to this day the best thing I've ever held in my hand, and I'm not kidding.
>>
>>329519258
I never bought the Wave bird. Having a wireless controller back then must have been futuristic as fuck.
>>
>>329516228
I remember mine overheated from playing ocarina of time for 5+ hours straight.
>>
>>329519993
I was the envy of all my one friends. lol
But seriously playing Melee on this controller is just magic.
>>
>>329520135
I used to leave mine on all night. You just had bad ventilation in your home.
>>
File: 1356928173909.jpg (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1356928173909.jpg
207 KB, 500x500
>>329516228
it had some good games but it got stomped by ps2.
nintendo was stupid for making the odd gc controller layout and having small disks as a gimmick. it literally limited what games could be on the console. whats even weirder is the single Z button.
>>
>>329518369
>people who shit on the GameCube even though it has
The thousand Year door
F-zero GX
Kirby Air ride
Melee
Wind waker
Twilight princess
Metroid fucking prime
Another metroid fucking prime
Pikmin
Best version of RE4
Best version of Killer7
Tales of symphonia
Metal arms glitch in the system
Super Mario strikers
Fire emblem path of radiance
Battalion wars
Zelda four swords
Animal crossing
Double dash
Twilight princess
And dozens of other multiplats and shit like Mario party. It has the best console library hands down.
>>
>>329521308
Forgot about how amazing Air Ride was.
>>
Line-up of good Nintendo games but not as many third party exclusives and it missed out on a number of multi-platform games.

Controller was comfortable as fuck.

I'm playing through RE4 HD and the controls just feel wrong.
>>
Know what, first Sonic Riders was good too. Underrated
>>
>>329521308
>It has the best console library hands down.
You have to be very delusional to think that.
>>
>>329521308

>It has the best console library hands down.

No.
>>
To defend the console library guy, it probably has the best first party games of any system. It's at least arguable.
>>
File: PS2 Catalog.jpg (4 MB, 5576x6912) Image search: [Google]
PS2 Catalog.jpg
4 MB, 5576x6912
>>329521308

nigga pls dont turn this into a console war. Let it go. Dont make a fool of yourself. We are here to say how good the GC was, not to be desilusionals.
>>
>>329521308
Play station blew it out of the water. Power to plays. play station ~ shwomp
>>
File: 1452124504981.jpg (14 KB, 495x399) Image search: [Google]
1452124504981.jpg
14 KB, 495x399
>>329516228
One of the greatest video game consoles in history, and personally my favorite Nintendo gaming console, though I'm biased because I grew up with it. I'm 19 for reference.

It had some incredible fucking games that are just timeless. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remains one of the best written games of all time what with its incredibly stylized dialogue and anarchic sense of humor and never truly taking gameplay away from the player. Super Mario Sunshine provided a difficult yet refreshing twist on Mario and is honestly one of those games that fit the "comfy" bill. F-Zero GX and Kirby Air Ride are both insanely good party racers, with the former being an intense display of skill and the latter being an intense form of holy shit City Trial is so much fun.

Of course, there's more classics, like the Metroid Prime and Pikmin series, but the games I listed were my favorites.

Honestly, sixth gen is best gen. Had all the great FPS of 1998-2000, culminating in Deus Ex, had the Xbox bring in multiplayer online with Halo 2 while offering the Dreamcast catalouge, and man, the fucking PS2 was on a league of its own.

Fuck I love video games.
>>
File: 4ChVa1x.png (889 KB, 585x827) Image search: [Google]
4ChVa1x.png
889 KB, 585x827
>>329521308
I mean, don't get me wrong, I fucking love the Gamecube as well, but it does not have the best console library.

Certainly is up there, though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.