[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
Find a flaw
>>
Brad Armstrong
>>
It's boring

You can't grind so every battle is too difficult
>>
>>329478675

>you can't grind

Comfirmed for knowing literally nothing
>>
File: Terry_Hintz_HD.png (152 KB, 342x438) Image search: [Google]
Terry_Hintz_HD.png
152 KB, 342x438
>>329477054
Not enough Hintz
>>
File: 1456576985609.png (66 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1456576985609.png
66 KB, 2000x2000
I need more of that soundtrack, it's great stuff
>>
>>329478675
This

I don't know about the grinding, but yeah this game is boring as fuck. The explanation behind joy and the apocalypse are lame too
>>
>>329477054
Fucking lag
>>
>>329478675
>every battle is too difficult
I literally only died to the final boss, and I suck at video games.
>>
Should I buy this game? I've heard it's pretty similar to earthbound
>>
>>329481120
It's like Earthbound crossed with Fist of the North Star and the story is about a drug addict trying to get his daughter back.
>>
File: Rando.png (2 KB, 156x156) Image search: [Google]
Rando.png
2 KB, 156x156
>>329477054
You have to fight the good guy
>>
>>329481279
I honestly don't think the comparisons to earthbound are very valid.

One of the best parts about earthbound was the comfy atmosphere. You don't get that with Lisa, I had a real sense of unease the whole way through. I figure that was intentional, but it made it tough for me to finish the game
>>
>>329477054
I'm currently playing this and it's really hard to keep going. I already dropped it once, now i'm playing using a walkthrough, and im at the area 2. Unless it gets good after area 2, i'd say it's boring and has a shitty game design atleast. And i really liked undertale or even mother 1.
>>
>>329481546
it gets good when you get the bike. but if you're already using a walkthrough dont bother. just watch a lets play or something you weirdo.
>>
Who else /can't play an RPG without a guide anymore/ here?
>>
>>329481483
I say it's a fair comparison because LISA feels outright wacky at points and Earthbound is the only RPG I can think off of the top of my head that tries to be tongue-in-cheek like that.
>>
Buddy
>>
>>329481483
I'd disagree the soundtrack was super comfy and made me feel right at home, cycling through the wastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1a_LxEW2bU
>>
A flaw? Okay.

Joyful.
>>
>>329481865
The battles are pretty entertaining, and the walkthrough is spoiler free anyway. I think that the main problem with it was the choosing of 2d sideview, it really messes up all the sense of progression and is a bad choice for a non-metroidvania rpg
>>
Dumb memeshit game like Undertale which /v/ likes a lot more for some reason.
>>
>>329478148

Kek
>>
- The story is silly. It is set in an world in which there are no more women, suddenly female baby. Suddenly X, suddenly Y, suddenly Z, it doesn't make sense, and it is clear it doesn't try to make any, but yet, there are things which in a world so bizarre and chaotic, but they shouldn't, or at least, shouldn't survive.
- Cannot get attached to any characters except the protagonist unless your brain is the size of a pea.
- Stupid ending.
- Graphic style could've been made better.
>>
>>329482785
I fucked up my first fact so hard... What I meant to say is that there are Characters, events, actions which do happen in this game with a good reason even though the game revolves around the idea that the "LISA" world has no reason.
>>
>>329482028
Undertale does the same, and all memes aside I think it does it better
>>
>>329482785
You do realize that throughout the apocalypse there were society being form by various groups and brad ruined everything. It wasn't all chaos and anarchy.
>>
Would everything have turned out better if brad had just given buddy to Rando at the start?
>>
>>329482785
>cant get attached to any characters

We got edgelord over here. All the characters were fucking funny and different. Even Carp, that only said one word the whole game, made me feel like he was a character in the world of LISA
>>
>>329483427
It would have been better if Brad took Buddy to Rando himself and joined them. Then Rando and Brad could have been Buddy's gay dads and nobody would be able to hurt her.
>>
desu i got bored less than an hour in
then picked up memetale and finished all 3 routes right away
so make of that whatever you want
>>
>>329477054
Not undertale
>>
File: Nier.png (1 MB, 1295x1856) Image search: [Google]
Nier.png
1 MB, 1295x1856
Comparing LISA and Nier. Where Nier made all the right choices but ultimately couldn't save his daughter, and where Brad made all the wrong choices and ultimately saved his daughter, albeit damaged. Who was the better father?
>>
File: 562.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>329482785
>stupid ending
>>
I dislike playing as bad guys
>>
File: 1447877578486.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1447877578486.png
248 KB, 500x495
>>329483963
>Where Nier made all the right choices
Is that a joke?
>>
>>329483630
>fucking funny
We got an underage over here. Name me 1 funny thing that happened in this game
>>
>>329484060
I want Papa Nier to be my Dad.
>>
I think you just needed to have some sort of shit life to enjoy the game. People on 4chan are either rich kids who got whatever they want and the others struggled to fit in. This thread is already proving that.
>>
>>329484071
If you didn't find one scene funny, I actually think you might have problems.
Orphans scene, guy sleeping in the wheat field, Men's Hair Club, Nern, Terry Land, the entirety of the road roller (or whatever it was) scene, and a shit ton of other stuff.
>>
>>329484921
That's a stupid way to knock on people who don't like a game.
>>
Shit gameplay with a grimdark tryhard storyline.

Undertale was much better.
>>
>>329477054
indie pixel shit
>>
>>329485407
I mean all the people saying they dislike it are saying they don't like the main character in some way (unless they don't like RPG games in general). Not trying to knock on anyone per-se but I'm just making an observation.

>>329485489
See what I mean?
>>
>>329485215
>the entirety of the road roller

Holy shit this. Between Percy Peas and Timmy Carrots followed by the utter trainwreck that is Horrace's life I was in stitches

Easily the funniest part of the game
>>
>>329485215
Easy mode was pretty funny too.
>>
File: dude joy lmao.png (27 KB, 700x840) Image search: [Google]
dude joy lmao.png
27 KB, 700x840
>>329482785
I was actually surprised at how well the big picture was tied together in Joyful, of course this only covers the Armstrong family and the rest is left to imagination so thats kind of a flaw I guess if you really want to poke at it
I agree that the characters could have had more depth, they felt like pokemons desu. You catch them, send them to battle and they repeat the same line over and over again. Still, none of the party members were important to the story and were there only for the gameplay so its acceptable, yet also arguably a flaw
>Stupid ending
Come on m8
>Graphic style could have been better
I guess, most of it fit together rather well and I loved the character designs. Only thing I would have improved any day was the terrain, ropes and cliffs got old pretty fast
>>
>>329484921
>you need to be sad to appreciate sad/negative stuff

maybe if youre a shallow hedonist
>>
>>329478675
>You can't grind

Someone hasn't even played past the first crossroads.
>>
>>329483180
Yes, but why?
From what this apocalypse?
Why did all the women disappear?
Wtf happened?
You are trying to make me give a shit about it all but you are making it hard for me to care about the characters, but because you keep throwing random bizzare shit in my face I can't give a fuck.
>>
>>329488401
Explaining the science behind the Flash doesnt add anything to the story and would only expose (more) plotholes
Thats kinda like asking why theres magic in harry potter. It just fucking works and the story is based around it
If youre asking why it happened, go play Joyful
>>
>>329484071
>Give an opinion so that I can immediately disagree with it and therefore be correct
>>
Not enough quirky characters and memes.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.