[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion on this game? I missed it on ps3 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
What is /v/'s opinion on this game? I missed it on ps3 and now that it's out on ps4 I'm thinking about buying it.
>>
Its fucking terrible like everything David cage touched.
>>
>>329468513
JASON
>>
>>329468513
I liked it.
>>
>>329468513
Only game worth playing on PS3.
>>
>>329468608
Jaaaaason!
>>
would have been better as a movie than a game
>>
>>329468513
If you can overlook the fact that it's an interactive movie with sub-par voice acting, the story itself actually isn't that bad.
>>
I unironically enjoy it. The reveal of the killer is cheap but aside from that it's a solid experience.
>>
Are you just making this because Cry is playing it?
>>
It's a story driven Sony exclusive, so be prepared for a lot of well thought out opinions by people who actually played the game.

That said, if you know the way the game plays, you should be able to tell immediately if you'll dislike it. If you don't think the premise is stupid, it's actually a pretty cool experience.
>>
Got me hard in the feels. Is amazing.
>>
SHAUN
H
A
U
N
>>
>>329468513
If you like Telltale games you will like this one.
I know I did.
Shelby is the Killer.
If you read this you're retarded.
>>
>>329468513
JAASOOOON
>>
>>329468978
Have no idea who the fuck that is, I don't watch let's plays and shit like that if I want to play a game I'll play it myself not watch some dickhead halfway around the world play it. I made this because I genuinely wanted to know if it was a good game. For the most part everyone's saying it's good, I already knew it was an interactive movie so that doesn't bother me.
>>
Shelby (the fat cop) is the killer. You're welcome.
>>
>>329468513
It's an awkward game to watch, but I still found it enjoyable to play.
>>
>>329471017
People like you are the worst kind of people. Knowing who the killer is doesn't bother me too much because a story is about the ride not the end, but people like you that find some kind of joy in trying to spoil something for someone just for the sake of spoiling it should be executed. You're a piece of shit and the only way you find some kind of happiness is to make sure others have none.
>>
>>329471291

I feel ya bro. My gf at tthe time spoiled it for me. She really enjoyed it and was excited to talk about it, but I kept telling her to stop because I was going to play it soon. She just fucking kept going though.

Enjoyed it anyway.
>>
>>329471692
I'd dump the bitch if she spoiled me, you're a giant cuck.
>>
>>329471736

You seem generally unhappy.
>>
>>329471736

Cuck has to be the most stupid meme ever. It doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's just a sound stupid people make when something upsets them, like a grunt or a grumble.
>>
>>329471736
I second that. I would've kicked that bitch to the curb, like really I JUST told you shut the fuck up because I'm gonna play it and you're gonna fucking keep going?
>>
>>329472071
STRAWBERRY FLAVORED CHEWIES
>>
>>329471937
>i'm unhappy because you're a little shit spoiling games just because you needed to take it out on someone because your slut of a GF spoiled it for you in the first place

>>329472071
The word just "evolved" into generally meaning that you're a little bitch that takes shit from your gf/wife even when she's clearly in the wrong.
And in this case his gf was clearly in the wrong and despite him telling her to stop multiple times she didn't respect that. Which means she won't respect it in other conversations and rest of life either which means she should be dumped. Simple as that you fucking retard.
>>
>>329471017
Noooo..

:::((
>>
>>329472240
>slut

There you go again. How do you function in real life? Is this just bbecause you can speak anonymously, or are you really such a vitriolic, vindictive person?
>>
>>329468513
Answer me this one thing about this game /v/.
Beyond 2 Souls, while I loved the concept and gameplay, 80% of story was irrelevant.
Most of the shit that happens is just filler and an excuse to go to different settings.

Is Heavy Rain the same? Directionless? Or does the stuff that actually happen actually relevant to the story ?
>>
>>329472695
Oh, so you're shitposting or are a turbo SJW. Carry on.
>>
>>329472720

Can't say anything for B2S, haven't played it, but how you do the trials directly influences the ending. Hell, how you do one trial can influence another.
>>
>>329472720
Op here, I don't have an answer to your question but I have another one. Is beyond 2 souls worth getting for 10$ extra when I buy heavy rain? I haven't heard anything about the game before, I just know if you buy them together it's only 40, when separately they're 30 each.
>>
>>329472720
Heavy Rain is story relevant things.
You've got 4 different characters.
One is looking for his son kidnapped by a serial killer.
One is a detective on a private investigation looking for a serial killer.
One is a FBI agent also looking for said serial killer.
And one is a reporter looking to make a scoop on the case.
Their paths cross later down the line and everything is related to their pursuit of the serial killer (also known as Origami Killer) in different ways.

It's a MUCH better game than Beyond.
>>
>>329468513
The writing is awful and thats a big problem in a game like this. The voice acting is worse but its also kind of funny. The actual game parts are well done for what it is, there's also a good amount of tension because the game features permadeath. If David Cage's ego could handle hiring a competent writing staff it might have been good.
>>
>>329473039
Oh and to add to this, choices actually matter here unlike in Telltale games.
For example all your characters can end up dead if you pick shitty choices.
Or you can end up catching the killer but killed by him.
Or you may end up never solving the case at all.
Or you may end up catching the killer but not saving the son.
And the list goes on.
There's a fuckton of variables.
And if you pay attention you can figure out early that Shelby is the killer and you can even hide all the evidence in the sections you play as him, you can also end up killing all the other characters thus getting the evil ending where Shelby wins.
>>
>>329472813

No, you literally just called someone a slut for spoiling a videogame. I'm not going to check a dictionary, but I'm guessing it doesn't say "someone who can't contain their excitement about a game to their significant other."

You did this in response to a post literally about knuckle walkers who can't express their thoughts without meaningless sounds.
>>
>>329468513
It's pretty good. Definitely worth a go if you haven't been spoiled yet.
Don't expect much more than an interactive movie though, but there's more actual game in there than Telltale shit if that's what you're expecting.
>>
>>329473434
>No, you literally just called someone a slut for spoiling a videogame.
No I didn't, I know reading comprehension is hard but go back and read it again you fucking retard.
>>
>>329472992
Unbiased opinion here.
Beyond 2 Souls strengths are graphics and presentation. But like I said, most of the story is irrelevant.

You'll find yourself wondering why you are going through all these life segments of the MC and if there is actually a reason in the end that clicks everything together, which there isn't.

The concept is decent, if you cut out the middle, just the start and ending, its a pretty alright story if you haven't been spoiled.

The atmosphere is good, its just not important. So if your willing to endure a lot of filler, go for it.
I'd say, if looking at a cute CG Ellen Page is a plus for you, its worth the 10 bucks, if that has no appeal, then the very small amount of story probably isn't worth your time.
>>
Game probably aged terribly from a presentation standpoint since it was released on the cusp of new facial mo-cap tech coming out that does a much better job than what Heavy Rain achieved.
>>
>>329473039
Okay, Im sold. I will pick this up at some point. Thanks Anon
>>
>>329468608
SHAWN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og
>>
File: MOOOOLE.jpg (67 KB, 939x401) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOLE.jpg
67 KB, 939x401
>those texture upgrades
>>
File: 934232.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
934232.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
It was funny to replay and fuck up every single prompt to ruin scenes. Especially chasing the guy through the supermarket, tripping over ice, jumping on tables and missing, and having a chicken peck at your eyes.

I think the middle acts aren't too bad, the game just takes too long to get going and the ending is majorly unsatisfying because of the weak, contrived reveal.
>>
>>329473630

Bro, your post is right there, seriously. I'm genuinely sorry I put you on this kind of damage control.

>>329472240
>slut of a GF spoiled it for you in the first place
>>
>>329473849

Damn, I better rush out and buy a $400 console now
>>
File: The Order Prima Guide.jpg (176 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
The Order Prima Guide.jpg
176 KB, 720x960
>>329468513
>game
>>
>>329473331
>For example all your characters can end up dead if you pick shitty choices.
This actually only applies to a small handful of scenes towards the end. If you fuck everything up in when Ethan is running from the drug dealer or in the car trial, he cant die. The only time Ethan can die is at the very end of the game. The earliest instance Jayden can die is in the Mad Jack confrontation. Shelby literally cannot die because of your actions while playing as him. The first time Madison can die is at the crazy doctor's house.
>>
PRESS X TO JASON!
>>
>>329472992
The game is very good but it's a lot easier and you only use one character, can't hear her thoughts and has little replay value since there isn't a ot you can fuck up unlike Heavy Rain that might be completely different based on your choices and how badly you fuck up
The interface is better because most prompts don't have arrows but you need to look at the movements of the character and the overall graphics style is better
>>
>>329473958

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1456947695487.webm
>>
>>329473958
>It was funny to replay and fuck up every single prompt to ruin scenes. Especially chasing the guy through the supermarket, tripping over ice, jumping on tables and missing, and having a chicken peck at your eyes.
But that scene will end if you miss about 3 prompts. >>329474257 is edited together.
>>
Heavy Rain has a lot of faults but it's one of the few games out there where your choices actually do matter and it's not some 'illusion of choice' that so many games seem to suffer from now.
>>
Good game but holy shit those fucking kid voice actors were terrible. They weren't even trying to hide their French accents.
>>
I hope they changed the character turn & starting-to-move speed in the PS4 release, because by fucking god it was slow moving around that game just to interact with every interact-able in a scene.
>>
>>329474093
>press button when the prompt appears.

Next level gameplay, this is the future you chose.
>>
It's the best game in David Cage's Sadness Trilogy.
>>
>>329474527
There was a run/walk a bit faster button IIRC
>>
>tfw having to push every button on the controller to stop Norman JAYden from dropping his gun at the garage.

I had to use my fucking nose to hold down one of them.
>>
>>329468513
literally a movie/meme game
>>
>>329474632

Holy shit, I'm so glad I stuck around this thread now. Laughed heartily.
>>
Shame they didn't have the time to do a Director's Cut and fix some of the leftover shit they didn't remove/change back when the game was supposed to have supernatural elements.
>>
>>329474632

The worst thing about that one was they added a timer as well, I was wondering why I kept failing it.

>tfw ended up having to press one the buttons with my nose
>>
File: 1456339111556.jpg (115 KB, 1056x601) Image search: [Google]
1456339111556.jpg
115 KB, 1056x601
honestly its pretty awful. Like even if you enjoy QTEs you'll hate this game.

The only thing it did in an interesting way was the way the story pans out. There are half a dozen different endings all depending on how you play. If you fuck up too many sequences of QTEs with certain characters they'll get bad endings. but thats all depending on if you can handle the pants on head retarded controls with a constant new QTE spin on itself every couple of minutes. its a game you get from a $5 sale and play once.
>>
>>329468513
Most people here are too stupid to form their own opinion and rather spout le epic jason meme.

I highly recommend the game. It's far from perfect, but it's one of a kind. If you are extremely nitpicky, you might not like it, but if you can enjoy a nice little interactive thriller for what it is, go get it.

Also, even if you got spoiled about the killer, fuck it, it's still enjoyable. It's about the journey, not the destination.
>>
File: Sony Pup.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Sony Pup.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>329468513
David Cage's best game, by far. Seriously, the other two don't even come close. It's still pretty retarded at times, and the English voice acting is meh, but the story is genuinely suspenseful and you'll probably enjoy it the first time you play it.
>>
It's a story game where your choices barely matter and the story falls apart when you think about it for a few seconds.
>>
File: 1399011305302.jpg (149 KB, 567x461) Image search: [Google]
1399011305302.jpg
149 KB, 567x461
>>329474986
>thats all depending on if you can handle the pants on head retarded controls with a constant new QTE spin on itself every couple of minutes
It's literally just pressing the buttons on the screen
They even had difficulty settings if you thought the QTEs were getting too complex for you
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.