[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went so right? launch time has been posted, global release.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10
File: tiv.jpg (120 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
tiv.jpg
120 KB, 620x334
what went so right?

launch time has been posted, global release.
>>
I was waiting for a Division thread.

Only heard about this game yesterday and watched a recorded stream of the beta, looked pretty cool.

What is the general consensus of /v/ towards this game?
>>
File: what do i win.png (77 KB, 175x265) Image search: [Google]
what do i win.png
77 KB, 175x265
>Release is Monday morning
P neat if I do say
>>
Anyone else bought the pc version in Ubisofts store? Are we really only receiving the code at release?
>>
release time:

00:01 8th in Australia (AEDT)
14:01 7th in Central Europe (CET)
13:01 7th in UK (GMT)
08:01 7th in Eastern US
05:01 7th in Western US

preload starts tomorrow
>>
Bullet sponges
>>
>>329463795
Pretty fucking boring.
>>
>>329463795
General consensus is ubishit

I really liked it though, beta ran well and looked great on my i5 2500 and 3.5meme card.

Satisfies my loot-n-shoot in a way Destiny wishes and shitterlands could only dream
>>
>>329465750
>Satisfies my loot-n-shoot

Yeah, getting new kneepads gloves and water bottles is much more interesting than anything in those games.

Fuck you ubishitter.
>>
File: e3u6548.jpg (67 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
e3u6548.jpg
67 KB, 282x341
>>329462864

I'm not trolling or posting le epik bait XD, I'm serious:

Who is purchasing this game? I want to know why. Please explain. Did you just have fun? Did you enjoy the beta? Do you like the features of the game?

Holy fuck, was it boring for me, and I enjoy casual normie games. I genuinely want to know why people are hyped for this game.
>>
>>329465750
>Satisfies my loot-n-shoot in a way Destiny wishes and shitterlands could only dream
How exactly? Gear is so fucking boring and mods to guns only increase stats by like 3%.
>>
>>329465897
Me. I liked the pvp.
>>
>>329465897
people who enjoyed the beta. stop being a goober
>>
>>329463795
A 3rd person Destiny/Borderlands with a more realistic and boring setting. Disappointing. PVP is okay though.
>>
>>329466018

But why though

Why do people enjoy this empty world and boring loot grind

It's not even as fun as Destiny or Borderlands
>>
I preordered and got the season pass 2bh
>>
>>329466002

I mean, do you see that being entertaining enough to last for more than a week, though?
>>
>>329466160
>why are people different and like things
>explain yourself to ME

I hope your posting is not representative of how you act in your day to day
>>
>>329465918
I like the hats and OPERATOR fashion that was available, I like the guns and their level of detail.

Gear got better, a purple level 8 (of 30) attachment would do +15% and +8% to attributes, and then there are some mildly interesting skills and talents.

Its not for everyone, enemies can get spongy at times and the FAL was foolishly burst-fire. But I had fun and it seems competently made (it is the studio that made the based world in conflict game)
>>
File: 1411965079929.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1411965079929.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>329462864
>boring gameplay, boring loot, boring setting, boring game
I honestly don't think I've ever played a more boring game than this.
Like, nothing about it is strictly bad, it's just so safe and inoffensive that there's just no reason to play it.
>>
>>329466472
But in comparison to Destiny and Borderlands? Borderlands had gear that was radical enough to break the game, and Destiny still had a load of interesting gear, as well as exotics that actually defined builds instead of just feeling like a glorified yellow.
>>
>>329465918
>How exactly? Gear is so fucking boring and mods to guns only increase stats by like 3%.

Nigger, you realize you were playing at level 5-9, right?

I mean, lets get a little critical thinking in here.
>>
The same flame thrower enemy is in Farcry 3, Blood Dragon, Farcry 4, and The Division.
>>
>>329462864
The truth is that if you like this type of gameplay, it is the best game on the market to have. Some people just cannot admit that.
If you don't enjoy TPS / MMO / RPG games, you're not gonna like it.
>>
>>329466704
>But in comparison to Destiny and Borderlands?

Anon, there is nothing coming soon for either of those.

In comparison to games you already played into the ground, it is a good improvement.

It also has perks for weapons based upon your build, unique weapons have permanent perks, and the myriad of attachments.

Its less about the gun itself, and more about what you put on it. The attachments also have rarity levels, which is interesting, and my have perks themselves.
>>
>>329466797
Gameplay at level 25 is exactly the same. The exact same enemies they just have more health because you have the exact same weapons with better stats.
>>
>>329466964
>Gameplay at level 25 is exactly the same.

Well being that the cleaners act differently and have different mechanics from the looters, im calling bullshit, as there are 2 more known factions, and 1 more hinted at factions we have yet to face.

Furthermore, it makes no sense at all to have non scaleing attachments, becuase if so you could use the same attachment the whole game, and how does that work for the treadmill?
>>
>>329466963
This
>>
>>329466704
Destiny got really dry quickly. I liked its PvE, but it hasn't had much since TTK came out and now I feel done with. I never liked the crucible of lag. Division's dark zone is rad as fuck to me because its open PvPvE with proximity based VOIP, and the co-op MM queues for missions means it should easily out-content destiny, and at worst its a bunch of new to me stuff.

BL is a series I simply hate. I tried BL2 free steam weekend thinking it might be great, but no.

I hate every single thing I saw, I hate the 'feel' of the guns, I hated the palette, the voices, I hated every single character, especially the jack cuck. I hated the classes, the abilities, the enemies, and even the movement controls.

Fuck.
Borderlands.
>>
>>329466875

I did not play blood dragon, 4, but the heavy flamer in 3 is much, much different than The division.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Q1I4wSz0w

They walk different, have different models, etc.
>>
usually id jump on the hatewagon to be an epic quality /v/ poster but jesus this game generates an insane amount of asshurt

>i didnt like it, it was boring
Well that sucks for you, go play something else and quit shitting up every thread with the same opinions. We know you didnt like it, please return to the pc hate threads and console war crap where you belong.

There have been far worse games this year and last but everyone acts like this game is the worst thing humanity has created.

>i didnt like what the extremely limited beta had to offer so this game is cancer reeeeeeee
>>
>>329465897
I bought a 970 and got an email that I got the game for free
>>
>>329467624
Maybe you should go find the subreddit for this trash game if you just want to hear positive opinions.
>>
>>329467843
feel free to go somewhere else.
>>
>>329467843
I didnt say shit about needing positive opinions or even hinted at liking the game. Just tired of seeing 100 posts of "its boring", we fucking get it. Move along now
>>
>>329467624
>d-don't make fun of the division, g-go somewhere else if you wanna shit on it
Sorry /v/ isn't the safe space you were hoping it to be.
>>
File: 1455225012664.gif (2 MB, 382x289) Image search: [Google]
1455225012664.gif
2 MB, 382x289
>>329468027
> I want my echo chamber
>>
>>329466236
One week of fun is better than no weeks of fun
>>
>>329468120
Instead we should have 100 posts talking about how awesome it was to finally get that epic knee pad drop.
>>
>>329467843
Bro, his problem is not him JUST wanting to hear positive shit, his problem is shitposters unironically shitposting.

>I HATE 3RD PERSON SHOOTERS, I HATE RPG'S, THIS GAME IS LITERALLY THE ANTICHRIST IN DIGITAL FORM AND BY GOD I HATE, HATE HATE IT.

Nigga, if you hate 3rd person shooters, and looty shooter RPG's, why the fuck are you even here, in this thread?

Some games are not for you. I dislike fighting games. I dont shitpost every new fighting game thread just because I don't like the genre, i understand that my opinion is not shared by others. I understand that just because i dont like something, it does not mean people that do have shit taste.

Now, this game has flaws, it does. Every game does. But as a fan of the genre, would i call this game bad? No. Its average. It has the possibility of being good, but its ubisoft so it will most likely stay average.

Does everyone have to share this opinion? No. I do value those people opinion that can look at the good and the bad and form a cohesive opinion based upon the games merits and demerits, but not those who have no business even posting ITT due to hateing the genre itself.
>>
>>329467624
Well if it flops vivendi (activision) is going to more cheaply manage a hostile takeover, so activishills have a reason to want it to fail
>>
>>329468165
are you implying that there isn't one on this board?
>>
>>329468327

What if Vivendi is hireing shitposters to shitpost every ubisoft game into the ground...some kind of ...whao....anti shill....the meta is real.
>>
>>329468307
>if you hate 3rd person shooters
Most people posting don't hate 3rd person shooters. They hate this particular one because it's bad and extremely shallow.
>>
Its an okay third person shooter, it will be worth the 40 dollars I am spending if there is actually PVE content all the way to 30.
>>
>>329468475
>Most people posting don't hate 3rd person shooters.

But they do hate looty shooter RPG's.

Calling this game shallow is incredibly disingenuous.

The weapon customization alone has a chance to be deep.

There is 2 more separate skill trees that we did not get in the beta, THAT has the chance to be deep.
>>
>>329462864
It's just an enjoyable ride. I like the setting and it scratches the loot-and-shoot itch in a very good way.

I'm not sure how much I'll get on with the missions before I get bored but the ones I played in the beta were okay.

The Darkzone was a bit of a shit in the beta to be honest. Just a horde of people getting on the gravy train and the odd rogue group camping the checkpoint ladder. I'm hoping when the DZ opens up in the full game, and the loot actually starts to matter it will shake things up and you'll actually see gameplay the way it's supposed to be.

I'm looking forwards to getting a squad together and playing.

>inb4 he actually enjoys videogames
>>
>>329468637
Plenty of people have had access to the full game for months. There's nothing interesting coming that you haven't already seen.
>>
>>329468897
>Plenty of people have had access to the full game for months

Highly scripted VIDYA GAEM journalists, playing though very constrained portions of the game?

Or are you telling me the random cuck in dubai somehow hacked the online only requirement and played though the whole game, offline, but neglected to release any proof at all?

Nah, you are just a Vivendi shitposter.
>>
>>329468637
Why not make the beta experience deep then? Why let us experience this PvE content that's so fucking boring and one-dimensional with little-to-no customization?

Most of its sales are coming from people that enjoyed the DZ, but aside from that? There's no real drive or reason to purchase the game based off of what was presented. It isn't just a "le vee hivemind" that's hating the game. It just fucking boring and doesn't show any real value to most people as a full priced game.
>>
>>329465582
Wrong, that is when servers go live, not when game unlocks.
>>
>>329469051
There have been thousands of closed beta testers that have had access to the entire game with no restrictions.
>>
>>329469206
same thing
>>
I enjoyed it more than i thought i would. Had some good times squadding with randoms and fucking around. The loot and cash system interested me enough to want to unlock better gear.

Still cancelled my preorder, ill see how it all pans out after release.

Only played the closed beta.
I have my complaints but none that havent been posted to death in every god damned thread since the beta
>>
>>329469051
The not so closed beta and the open beta are 99% of what the game is gonna offer on launch. At no point between then and launch day will there be anything significant added to the game.
>>
>>329469186
>Why not make the beta experience deep then?

Because it was a server stress test first and a hype demo second, and a gameplay beta last.

>Why let us experience this PvE content that's so fucking boring and one-dimensional with little-to-no customization?

Again, even in the beta, you could make builds with your weapons and gear. At level 5-10. That speaks to it getting pretty deep on weapons alone due to scaleing.

>There's no real drive or reason to purchase the game based off of what was presented.

I disagree.

> It just fucking boring and doesn't show any real value to most people as a full priced game.

Again, i disagree.

I find the game itself has a lot of potential, and the main focus of the beta, the DZ, was fun.
>>
>>329469552
>the DZ, was fun.
It was carebear garbage.
>>
>>329469232
>There have been thousands of closed beta testers that have had access to the entire game with no restrictions.

>closed beta testers
>full game no restrictions

You are a dumbass, i mean top tier. I wont even ask you to prove it, because you cant.

>>329469363
>The not so closed beta and the open beta are 99% of what the game is gonna offer on launch.

Sweet baseless opinion.
>>
>>329469708
>It was carebear garbage.

Cool, dont buy then game then anon.
>>
>>329469826
I won't and I will continue to post in these threads faggot.
>>
>>329465750
>this game will be half as good as Borderlands

In your dreams, shill.
>>
>>329469874
spic faggot
>>
>>329469874
Thats alot of loyalty for a hired vivendi shill.
>>
File: 1456174701348.jpg (100 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
1456174701348.jpg
100 KB, 960x539
>>329470019
> muh Division safe space has been breeched
>>
>>329469983
Cuck off, Burch
>>
File: Vivendi CEO.jpg (1 MB, 1700x1063) Image search: [Google]
Vivendi CEO.jpg
1 MB, 1700x1063
>>329470112

Yesss, keep shitposting, their stock must fall 30 more points before gain complete control of the ubisoft network
>>
>>329469708
>>329469552
Yeah they didn't take any feedback from the first beta about the DZ to the open beta.
>Going Rogue is still not worth it
>people get wallhacks on you
>weapon balance in PVP is super shit
>surviving going Rogue literally means camping on rooftops with only 2-3 access points.
>>
Honest question, if you don't like /v/ shitting on the game here, why not go to reddit or gamefaqs to have an actual game discussion?
>>
>>329470436
>honest question
>not trolling here
>not trying to start anything

kys.
>>
>>329470330
>>Going Rogue is still not worth it

Free access to loot, much easier to kill people than to kill the NPC's, much quicker too.

>>people get wallhacks on you

Scrambler

>weapon balance in PVP is super shit
Are you talking certain weapons that were available in the beta that wont be available at those levels in the real game, or weapon classes?

>surviving going Rogue literally means camping on rooftops with only 2-3 access points.

This will change when the other 75% of the DZ opens up and you get access to encounter zones and whatnot.

Its is hard to go rouge when your constrained in a very small area.
>>
>>329470436

There is valid shitting on the game, and not valid shitting on the game.

One is a legit opinion, the other is shit posting.
>>
>>329470527
Why shitpost? I would have also said /vg/ but it has no generals.
>>
>>329470628
But from what I'm reading, saying the game is very boring, barebones, and lacks any proper customization is considered "shitposting."
>>
>>329470738

>saying the game is very boring, barebones, and lacks any proper customization is considered "shitposting."

No, saying people had access to the full game, and saying how the game will be at endgame (when literally NOTHING is known about it), is shitposting.

Anyone opinion thats longer than 2 sentences is generally that the game is OK.
>>
>>329470649
just give it time if you don't want to preorder
first few weeks of a game's general are usually the best
>>
>>329470989
>saying people had access to the full game
They've had a fairly large closed beta for months. Sorry you're irrelevant and have no friends.
>>
>>329471373
>They've had a fairly large closed beta for months

That was not anything near the full game. The closed beta did not even feature the last faction (nor the hidden one).

The Closed beta was extremely comparable to the last open beta.

This is all known, becuase pretty much everything has been leaked. It did have more perks and unlocks and traits, but basically the same part of the city unlocked.

Nice shitpost, Mr. Vivendi.
>>
>>329471626
You don't have access to the real closed beta. All factions and all content is currently in it.
>>
>>329471748

You are full of shit, and its easy to show it.

Ready?

Prove it, worthless shitposter.
>>
>>329462864
What's even so exciting about this game?
>>
only played the first beta but i did kind of like the PVP zone despite it being flawed. if they fixed up roguing i'd have some interest in it. i also wish that PVP was way more encompassing rather than just being a runescape wilderness. if it's really the end of the world you'd think it'd be a key part of the game, at least later on in levels if you don't want to have people being killed over and over early on.
>>
>>329471891
You have guns and you shoot enemies for stat upgrades.
>>
>>329471891
New Shooter RPG, in an drought of shooter RPG's.
>>
File: waiting for vivendi shitposter.jpg (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
waiting for vivendi shitposter.jpg
92 KB, 400x400
>>329471841
>>329471748

Im sure he will respond any second now.

He was not lying, that is inconceivable.
>>
>>329473007
Keep this thread alive for another 5 hours and I'll post screenshots when I get home from work.
>>
>>329473476

Sure you will buddy, sure you will.

>keeping any thread on /v/ alive for 5 hours

God, you Vivendi newfags just shit the place up with your newfaggotry.
>>
File: 3333333322222222222.jpg (31 KB, 358x361) Image search: [Google]
3333333322222222222.jpg
31 KB, 358x361
>he pre ordered ubishill games
>he plays ubishill games
>he beta tests for ubishill
>he thinks the beta was good

Literally sheeps born after 2000 who found a game to play and jump on the infested hype wagon dick

Game will be dead within 2 weeks because everyone will exploit the living shit out of it including me when I get my free copy

If you play it on console dont even fucking reply just kill yourself fucking sub30human degenerates with auto aim
>>
>>329474392
>including me when I get my free copy

How exactly are you going to pirate an always online game?
>>
>>329474623

I send dick pics to faggots like you and get a free copy as a thank you
>>
>>329465897
Played with 3 other friends in the beta had lots of fun with missions and the dark zone.
>>
>>329474787

Well then, by all means, lets see your dick.

Remeber to timestamp.

I will preorder it right now for you, if it is impressive.
>>
>>329465897
>Who is purchasing this game?
I did, from the humble bundle, it included 3 other games that I liked so why the fuck not.

I am gonna reply this part first:
>Holy fuck, was it boring for me, and I enjoy casual normie games.
It is boring as shit, you are correct, the main problem is that it falls between the worst aspects of realism and fantasy.
Realism prevents it from going off the wall with ridiculous shit like giant monsters of any kind, which grounds fun real badly. The gameplay does not suit the realist look at all, you have thugs who are as strong as a helicopter. It is essentially an even worse version of Borderlands or Destiny gameplay wise.

>I want to know why. Please explain.
It included a sick t-shirt.
I am jesting of course....the shirt ain't that good either.

>Did you just have fun?
No
>Did you enjoy the beta?
Yeah, but I played like two hours
> Do you like the features of the game?
Somewhat

However...

I liked building a settlement, the environment is super cool looking, maybe if it was a turn based game like Fallout 2 it would be amazing. PVP seems to be the one and sole reason to play the game. I am gonna stick to doing story missions.

It is kinda like Euro Truck Simulator, you don't play it fro thrill, you play it because it is an easy going, cool looking game, every now and then. At worse it is Watch_Dogs 2. My expectations before and after the beta are about the same, it is the same kind of crap you expect from ubi:

An empty open world game, with many uninteresting locations, with the same mediocre gameplay you have seen at least a dozen times before, but it arrives at the time when I have played a lot of frustratingly challenging games so I am okay with mediocre as long as it is immersive, also my friends bought it, and I have neglected them for a while.
>>
>>329469308
When can I start playing the game if I’ve purchased a digital copy?
o Xbox One - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada)
o PlayStation 4 - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM
o PC – The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay
>>
>>329475263
>asks this
>does not post where you live

You are a dumb faggot, you know that?
>>
>>329475351
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1399503-The-Division-%E2%80%93-servers-opening-time?s=2173089ea54672fb6b970c7a57762de3&p=11431015&viewfull=1#post11431015
>>
>>329475620

>still is not posting where he is located, or at least the time zone.

You know what, even if you do, i wont help you now. This is your punishment for terminal retardation. I hope another anon does not help you either, but if it happens, it happens.
>>
>>329475747
I'm not asking cunt
>>
>>329475182

kill yourself
>>
>>329475887
Stop projecting, I gave you a reasonable answer.
But I must now, what triggered you, or was being a cunt part of your master plan?
>>
>>329476180

Of course.

If vivendi can shitpost the game to death, the stock on ubisoft will fail and they can take it over.

Thats why they have alot of loyalty for hired shills. They are payed very well.
>>
File: respond.png (6 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
respond.png
6 KB, 384x288
If i have the beta will it update to the full game or will i have to install the fullgame from the beginning?
>>
>>329476607
Gotta install the full game.

The beta client is useless now.
>>
>>329476354
I don't know what's worse, the fact I now realize the spelling errors of my posts, or the replies I have been getting.
>>
>>329477001

Meh, it was a pretty long post, and i personally dont care about spelling errors all that much.
>>
>>329476717
Source?
The open beta updated straight from the closed beta just fine
>>
>>329477247
Two betas though.

I think the launch screen and character creation is missing stuff.

It wont let me update the beta, just do a fresh install, so...
>>
>what went so right?
Nothing at all.
>>
>>329477639
>(you)
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.