[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4's hardcore mode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: Fallout.png (86 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.png
86 KB, 500x438
What does /v/ think of the upcoming update for Fallout 4's survival difficulty? It is basically like New Vega's hardcore mode x10!

>hunger
>thirst
>fatigue
>diseases
>no more bullet sponges, you deal more damage and take more damage
>fast travelling forbidden
>no more save-spamming, saving only allowed by sleeping in bed
>companions leaving you if you don't heal them

If Bethesda doesn't fuck this up, this basically makes Fallout 4 a fun and challenging game that actually requires strategy and gives no room for errors. If only the RPG aspect wasn't so shit...
>>
>casuals playing these buggy mess videogames
>they will never realize they are having fake fun
>>
made up shit to cover up a shallow game
>>
>>329454752
Go to bed Todd, the increased damage helps, but nothing can cover up the boring world, shit writing, and shallow character building.
>>
Yeah, lets make it even less of an RPG
>>
>deal more damage

once you get a meme legendary drop or just mod a sniper you win the game

hell just shoot first and you win
>>
>>329454953
The world itself isn't actually even that bad, but the interiors make my shit boil, because every building is just the same as the last one.
>>
>>329454752
>It is basically like New Vega's hardcore mode x10!
no it isnt.
>>
>>329455207
if bulletsponging is RPG-y to you you play the wrong games.
>>
>>329455259
>hell just shoot first and you win
Well, yeah. How does that not sound appealing? It worked for Stalker.
>>
Damage Up for both sides is great, very Stalker-ish.
We'll see how it actually turns out though.
>>
>>329454752
>!

Fuck off shill.
>>
File: 1410391057931.jpg (23 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
1410391057931.jpg
23 KB, 320x318
It's a decent idea, but they still need to fix up a bunch of things in Fallout 4 before I play it again.

If you can find mods that'll:
>Put skills back
>Entwine skins with the dialogue system that didn't need fixing
>Fix the game running like shit even on my 980
>FIx the writing
>Fix the bug that stopped me from completing the game
>Make it so that the way I build my character actually matters

Then I'll reinstall.
>>
>>329454752

It's going to be pretty retarded and annoying. Better to have it then not have it tho.
>>

Sounds good except for these two. They'd ruin the game for me.
>>
>>329454752
>this basically makes Fallout 4 a fun
Yeah, don't plan on that happening.
>>
>rip off Obsidian's hard mode
>pretend you came up with it yourself

good job, Todd

>no fast travel

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa there Todd, you're turning a little bit crazy. Bethesda sandboxes are huge, boring and vacant. Have been since Daggerfall. Fast Travel exists FOR A REASON.
>>
File: 1456542205167.png (161 KB, 900x1316) Image search: [Google]
1456542205167.png
161 KB, 900x1316
>>329454752
Sounds fun
>>
>Fatigue
>meaning anything since morrowind.
>>
I'm excited as fuck. Stopped playing in anticipation for it because this game lacks replayability and I don't want to get tired of it before this comes out.
>>
>>329457869
You're retarded
>>
File: 1435048476892.jpg (210 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1435048476892.jpg
210 KB, 720x540
>>329457869
Bethesda Apple of videogames.
But instead of other companies they ripoff modders and pretend they invented it.
>>
>>329454752
So, it's basically New Vegas hardcore mode with default settings Project Nevada.
>>
>>329458150
Obsidian did the same thing tho
>>
>An update for something that should have been in the core experience of the game

Lazy ass devolopers
>>
>>329458017
>an rpg so bad you can only play it once
Why do people praise this game?
>>
>>329458203
not on this scale
just hardmode and crafting ideas

bethesda systematically integrates mods into core game making them worse and with less content
>>
>>329458462
Not really
>>
>>329458497
>marriage
>combat from morrowind mods
>crafting from morrowind mods
>building from a very famous mod that was better then what bethesda made
>things i don't remember by now it's been too many years of this
>>
>>329454752
>hunger
Already so fucking ridiculously easy to solve. I have more food than I know what to do with. If you get the cannibal perks, you can eat everything that fights you.
>thirst
See above.
>fatigue
Pointless - "I know you were playing, but, it's time for your character to take a break.
>diseases
Sounds like a nuisance to be honest. Not that you can't just craft enough medicine to equip a hospital for a small city as is.
>no more bullet sponges
This is entirely your fault for changes the difficulty in the first place; the only thing the difficulty impacts is a straight damage modifier. You are to blame for damage sponge enemies in a modern bethesda game if you set the difficulty that high; it's not a difficulty setting. It's a damage modifier. PERIOD. Anything above normal is reduced damage dealt and increased damage done.
You should know this as this has been the case in bethesda games for over 8 years.
If you didn't, you're fucking stupid and deserve bullet sponges.

>companions -
Why on earth anyone plays with companions is a mystery to me.

>save spamming
Saving is rarely done as is because of how stupidly easy the game is, even on higher damage reduction modifiers.

Survival, right now only adds a slowed heal penalty on top of the damage dealt penalty and increased damage taken penalty.
>>
>>329454752

Everything else sounds perfect, but this is the only thing I have an issue with, good thing I play on PC and mods will fix it.
>>
>>329458701
None of the ideas really will change what is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>329458652
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>329458768
they copy only bare bones idea, not improving on it
with their resources they can make those ideas amazing
if modders had level of access to engine bethesda has, amazing thing could've happened
>>
>>329458962
>if modders had level of access to engine Bethesda has, amazing thing could've happened

LOL
>>
>>329459228
What is openmw
>>
Why though? There's a difference between "hard" and "boring".
>>
>no more save spamming and can only save at beds

I will be loving that when I encounter another game breaking bug that either forces me to replay 1+ hour of shit or more or even prevents me from completing some quest or the game. So some modding will be needed to fix dumb shit yet again.
>>
>>329458380
There are more RPGs that you can only play once than there are with lots of replayability. Don't shitpost

And I didn't praise the game, it has lots of flaws and shit that I don't particularly like. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it, you know games don't have to be 10/10 perfect masterpieces to be good. If that was the case then you wouldn't play any games at all.
>>
>>329454853
>they will never realize they are having fake fun
As opposed to real fun? What does that even mean?
>>
>>329459490
No, I just don't waste my time on shitty games.
>>
One of the main problems in the game is the disparity of damage between weapons.

>two shot .45 acp rifle
>does more than .50 bolt action

Totally sucks. Wish the damage scaling for certain weapons wasn't so piss poor. Especially since I have more .50 than I do .308 and I have no reason to use any of it.
>>
>>329458676
Of course from an endgame point of view most of the things this adds are not a big problem. But in a new game it will really make your life significantly more difficult
>>
>>329459561
He's retarded
>>
>>329454752

I love this, I played a mod that had this in FNV and it made the game significantly more fun. Not having the ability to just quickload 10 seconds ago makes combat way more exciting
>>
I might actually play the game again if they do this
Actually no, scrap that, I can't forgive them for the absolute butchering of the RPG parts
>>
>>329459701
I'm kind of wondering why they don't tweak the obvious problems of the game.
>>
People still play this shit?
I got it when it was out for download, played it for a week and forgot about it.
>>
>>329456675
But stalker had a good story and gameplay that complemented trying to shoot first, fo4 is a shithesda title
>>
>>329459890
Like what? The problems of the game can't be tweaked. Unless by tweaking you mean make a massive overhaul of all the dialogue, and changing the entire leveling system(which isn't all that terrible, it's more or less the same as before in a way). That isn't exactly tweaking, that's making half the game all over again.
>>
>>329460213
No it didn't
>>
>>329454853
>fuck video games!!
>>
>>329460256
How about the weapon system.
Working on that just a little. Just little things like how .50 becomes useless very quickly.
>>
If they're going to remove fast travel, they'll need something in-game to replace it, because the game is fucking built with Fast Travel in mind.

If they let you build caravan/transportation "stations" in settlements, that would be enough
>>
>>329460537
Vertibirds
>>
>>329454865
This
>>
>>329460501
>>329460256
Or fixing the bug with the damn ash and goo piles staying forever.

Or energy rifles being 100% inferior in all ways to ballistic. These are things you could change with either fixing a bug or improving a couple weapons.
>>
>>329454865
>>329460594
Samefag
>>
>>329460501
With weapons doing more damage now, I'm sure every weapon will be useful, weapons like the Gauss Rifle will probably just be overkill.
>>
If there's no achievement for playing the whole game in Survival mode I won't ever touch it

The game is boring enough as is, I don't need an extra 50 hours of nothing but walking added to it

Imagine how fucking awful it'd be if you wanted to do minutemen quests or build up settlements before going to the institute

that shit is tedious enough already, let alone with no fast travel - have fun hoofing it to Sanctuary every fucking time you establish a new settlement
>>
>>329454752
>shill without a source for his claims

They really are desperate
>>
>>329460585
Not available to all factions, and not available until far into the game
>>
>>329460608
>energy weapons
>inferior to ballistic

What? My Plasma rifle does a hell of a lot more damage than any ballistic rifle except my sniper. And my Gauss Rifle is even stronger than that sniper.

And even then, this is a single player game what the fuck does it matter that one weapon does more damage than the other just use whatever you like
>>
>>329460772
You're retarded
See
>>329457912
>>
File: ScreenShot19.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot19.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>329454752
>no save-spamming
>get stuck somewhere
>encounter bug or glitch
>script for quest did not kick in
>have to replay from the point where you slept
This is my mine grip with this thing.
Otherwise it's solid but turning off saving was not a good idea because all Bethesda games have bugs or glitches, add to that this sleeping option and you will be forced to sleep every 1h to save progress.
>>
>>329454752
make it all dice roll based
even if you can fall asleep
>>
>>329460731
I walk everywhere in vanilla and you get to most places in 2-3 minutes. Oh and that's taking the roads and not walking in a straight line like a retard, you could get even faster like that.
>>
>>329454752
>companions leaving you if you don't heal them
Companions in Vegas die forever

Hardcore mode x10 my ass
>>
File: 1439348116384.png (196 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
1439348116384.png
196 KB, 398x384
>>329454752
Hi Todd.
>>
>>329460861
>random 4chan posts by Anonymous
>an accurate or reliable source for information

No I'm pretty sure you're retarded.
>>
reminder that the game is utter garbage until the geck comes out and some autism king re-vamps the entire perk tree and/or adds skills
>>
For a game built around fast travel, removing it is stupid. Should've made it so you can only fast travel between settlements or something like that. Plus, it makes that one fast travel perk totally useless.
>>
>>329457869
There's an unmarked location every other foot in Bethesda games you degenerate, you want empty look at the Witcher 3, pretty unclimable places and copy pasted bandit camps as "points of interest". Half of fucking Skellige is smugglers caches
>>
>>329460694
>With weapons doing more damage now,
Unconfirmed as far as I'm concerned.

All energy rifles, by the way suffer from a severe drawback.
1) No 30% armor mitigation perk. This applies only to ballistic weapons. Don't ask why, but, this is confirmed.

>>329460847
Gauss is ballistic.

However the 30% damage reduction from rifles with rifleman only reduced ballistic damage.

So a gun that is 100% ballistic will deal more than a gun that is split between the two, as more of the damage will be resisted/reduced.

Further:
Your goo piles are in the game forever unless you take the time to use markfordelete on every single one.
>>
>>329461057
That doesn't fix the autistic dialogue. I don't care for roleplaying but fuck's sake, all of the options are the same.
>>
>>329461012
>implying you didn't just reload as soon as they died

They save you the effort of having to reload, especially with this save system in place
>>
>>329461041
>>329461041
You're retarded

https://mobile.twitter.com/bethesdastudios/status/702583559392010240
>>
>>329461041
Google search it man, all of the info in op is confirmed
>>
>>329457869
You're retarded, bethesda games, mods aside, are themeparks, the only way you could say they are sandboxes is regarding players developing mods for the game, but the base experience and mechanics of the game are themepark as fuck.
>>
Preston's quests are gonna be a lot of fun.
>>
>>329455207
>Hi, I don't know what an RPG is!
>>
This may sound stupid, but will I be able to turn it on/off? I just bought a ps4, Ive been on the harder mode, and finished a lot of stuff (companions etc.)
but haven't touched the main factions/story.
I am not gonna start all over for a new mode.
>>
>>329461392
You can change difficulty at any time in the options menu for any save.
>>
>>329461258
Could have posted that the first time. So yeah, you're still retarded.

Shame none of what was listed can fix how shit the game is anyways. And half the stuff listed probably won't work as well as described if at all, as per typical Bethesda patterns.
>>
>>329461220
>Fuck real consequences.
>>
>>329454752
>Very Hard
>Shoot bandit with 12 guage in VATS
>Activate crit
>Deal the equivalent of tickling his ass in damage
>Now in range and punches
>Body contorts into a singularity before violently shitting blood everywhere
>some gets in his eye, deals more damage than all the buckshot

Trimming a layer off a sponge doesn't make it any less of a sponge
>>
>Weighted Ammo
Oh boy oh boy.
As if I wasn't carrying enough of too much already.
>>
>>329461220
>Implying I did
Boone died at Quarry Junction, ED-E at Walking Box. The corpses are still there, not much of a reason to reload.
>>
>>329461184
impossible to fix even with the geck
I could literally forsee a kickstarter or patreon for someone to do it though, but that's a fucking massive undertaking the likes of which I don't think the modding community for any game has ever seen
>>
>>329454752
It's a good idea, but them problem is that the game wasn't designed from the ground up to accommodate the system - food and water isn't scarce at all within the game world, neither are healing supplies, the transversal isn't interesting enough to have fast travelling removed, and the placement of bed 'save points' won't be thought out, because they were basically there for set dressing previously.
It was the same kind of problem in NV, food and water weren't scarce at all, so surviving was never a challenge, because they designed the game world for people who wouldn't be playing on hardcore mode first.
>>
>>329461440
Thanks bro :)
>>
>Crippled limbs will no longer auto-heal after combat
I didn't know they ever did ...?
>>
>>329454752
To me fo4 is a pure, average 5/10, but this patch is a change in the right direction, i'm willing to say 6.5/10
>>
>>329461789
Apparently there's going to be a sleeping bag which won't let you sleep for a full night or something?

Something about quality of beds determining how long you can sleep for?
>>
>tfw no bf
>>
>>329461789
It's not like it would be hard to change where food and beds are placed with a patch, but the lack of fast traveling is dumb. I still think limiting it to settlements like in morrowind is a good idea.
>>
>>329454752
How much of that confirm is true?
>>
>>329456308
Yeah , it might actualy be fun
>>
>>329461921
Hopefully they'll rework the placement of save points in the next patch, they need to space the save points evenly etc.
>>
>>329461990
All of it, takes like a 5 sec Google to figure that out
>>
File: shekel.png (102 KB, 257x335) Image search: [Google]
shekel.png
102 KB, 257x335
>>329457912
>Stimpaks still heal broken limps
>>
>>329461990
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+am+i+such+a+faggot%3F
>>
>>329458676
>This is entirely your fault for the way a company designs it's difficulty
Okay, sure.
>>
>>329457912
>2/24/2016
and people say shills don't browse this board
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.