[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First off, I own a Playstation 3 and have supported Sony for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: ds.jpg (49 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
49 KB, 250x310
First off, I own a Playstation 3 and have supported Sony for over 10 years. I really do like the ps3.

The Demon Souls/Dark Souls games have one purpose: to try and piss you off.

Its not innovative or creative or original. All games hold people's hands these days. That is a flaw on the industry, not something Dark Souls should get credit for.

I've beaten 4 bosses in Dark Souls already and stopped playing a couple months ago. I've died less than 5 times w/o any guides. So obviously, I haven't suffered like everybody else did. I stopped playing because I could tell what direction the game FORCES players into: you will die so you learn how to play.

It is a trial by error game, and when you die, and die you will, you will have 100% of the monsters respawned. Hell, even when you save the game, all monsters get respawned. This is just hilariously lazy and bad design. My sister and brother-in-law played for a couple minutes and when they died and everything they just killed respawned, they said..."eh.......you can have the controller back....this is lame."

Dark Souls is a JRPG, like Final Fantasy, which has random encounters every 5 footsteps you walk. I'm fine with this. The reason why I'm not a hypocrite and not okay with Dark Souls having instant respawns, is because Final fantasy is designed for you to face random encounters all the time, which everybody is okay with, and you usually one shot monsters in a 20 second battle.

Dark Souls, on the other hand, battles even against non bosses like skeleton warriors with shields can take upwards of 20 minutes in the starting zones, which is pretty much grueling and can be exhausting since they block so much. Dark Souls should not have instant respawns when you die or want to save your game because the game, in reality, isn't designed this way like Final Fantasy is.
>>
I'll put it like this, you shouldn't take 2 hours killing monsters getting to a boss without saving, getting one shot by a boss and losing all your experience points, then having to spend another 2 hours killing those very same monsters in the very same spots you encountered them, all without having any checkpoints or save system because they respawn if you do.

I will never support a bad game like this, ever. I'm a borderline professional player and when I pick up games, I "get it" immediately a lot of the time. Not with this one. Dieing shouldn't be mandatory. A game needs real checkpoints, not "waste another 2 hours killing the pointless monsters fool."
>>
>>329385397
git gud scrub
>>
File: 1388966546859.png (25 KB, 928x539) Image search: [Google]
1388966546859.png
25 KB, 928x539
>>
>>329385397
The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>The Demon Souls/Dark Souls games have one purpose: to try and piss you off.
I don't know if this is copypasta or not but that's objectively wrong. The purpose was to make the game more tense and stressful to play, because that compliments the narrative, the game world, and the general atmosphere, you know, direction.
>>
cool story bro
>>
Have you considered being better at the game?
>>
>>329386336
>it's designed to piss you off
>no it's designed to make you tense and stressed!
??????
>>
Pasta
>>
git gud fgt
>borderline professional player
This is code for 'sucking cock because you like the taste'.
>>
>>329386539
Yeah.

I don't think I've ever been mad at a death in Dark Souls, just disappointed in myself.
>>
File: normies be like.jpg (22 KB, 643x227) Image search: [Google]
normies be like.jpg
22 KB, 643x227
>It is a trial by error game
I don't get this. Isn't this pretty much everywhere? You fail and then you try and try until you achieve victory.
>>
So this is the new copy pasta flying around
>>
>>329386692
>Try
>Get killed
>"Ah, I shouldn't have done that"
>Try again
>Get farther
>Repeat until success

How is it not trial and error?
>>
>>329385397
Nah.

I die less in games like Dark Souls and Demon's Souls then I do in games like Dead Space. Dead Space 3 is way worse in terms of trial and error bullshit.
>>
>>329386687
You obviously haven't played very much then. There are ghouls and goblins lying in ambush all the time among other shit that will just fuck you up out of the blue.
>>
>>329386336
Pasta
>>
Someone please post the "2 types of sark souls players" video in the post, cant find it
oh also git gut scrub
>>
>>329386965
I played the entirety of DaS.
>>
>>329386873
Looks like reading comprehension is trial and error for you.
>>
File: you.png (155 KB, 438x442) Image search: [Google]
you.png
155 KB, 438x442
nice copypasta
>>
>>329386873

if you're good there's no reason for you to die.
>>
>>329386965
The only bullshit moment in DaS is the Bed of Chaos boss. Everything else is avoidable.
I'd be willing to give you the dragon on the bridge at the start, but even that one is pretty obvious if you stop and look.
>>
>>329386873
i beat majority of the dark souls' bosses my first time, including ornstein and smough(with sunbro), its not "trial and error", its "observe and solve"
git gud
>>
>>329386873
I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just surprised why "muh it's a trial and error game" is posted everywhere when obviously it's a crucial part of learning anything in life.
>>
You might actually be dumb
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-01-17-32-28.png (392 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-01-17-32-28.png
392 KB, 1080x1920
>>329385397
Copy pasted from gamefags

Sage
>>
File: 1269889864-00.jpg (81 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
1269889864-00.jpg
81 KB, 640x446
>I'm a borderline professional player

Look at this faggot, I bet you are 18 years old.

When I picked this up I considered myself an average player and yet I still understood the philosophy behind it.

You obviously never played actual hard games like Ys, Megaman X or the old Ninja Turtles games.
>>
>the dark souls is hard meme
>the dark souls is easy meme
Which is worse?
>>
>>329387807
>single player games
>hard
you probably never even played online until 2007
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.