[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP games we missed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 1.png (104 KB, 362x261) Image search: [Google]
1.png
104 KB, 362x261
I'm looking for the best "well known" and the best "not so well known" PSP games to emulate

My interests are action RPG and strategy RPG.

I was thinking of going old school and getting the Lunar remake for PSP... any good?

What are any must-have final fantasy PSP games?

Any other games that generally are amazing (any genre.. I love mecha, RPG, and hell...any decent action game with some growth elements)

Thanks for your help!
>>
>>329385054
I've never had a PSP but I always wanted to play the PSP exclusive Ghouls 'n Ghousts games.
>>
File: 1386636643381.jpg (322 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1386636643381.jpg
322 KB, 800x1000
Ys: Oath in Felghana
>>
>>329385054
dissidia
>>
>>329386359
Niiiiice
>>
Bump
Any good final Fantasy remakes? Any unique turned based rpgs?
>>
>>329388673
There's remakes of 1 and 2, they're basically the phone versions but with actual buttons.
>>
File: 1451840225111.gif (498 KB, 324x244) Image search: [Google]
1451840225111.gif
498 KB, 324x244
>>329386359
I'm am literally playing it right now. But it's on PC/Steam so not really necessary or recommended to emulate it.
>>
Gitaroo man
>>
>>329385054
Anything by Sting
>>
>>329389997
He does games too? I thought he was just a musician.
>>
>>329390065
Game dev =/= musician
>>
>>329388673
Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 4 have remakes with physical copies. 1 and 2 pretty much just look better, and some new content from the GBA re-realeases. Not a whole lot.

4 has a prequel game, which is a 6/10 alright. Features the casts kids, re-uses some set pieces, and has a long-ass final fungeon where it tires to tie all the pre-7 FF's together. It also has two badass moments, one of which make Edward a badass. (Also has an interquel game but it's ehh)

FF3 is available for digital download, and it's pretty good. Looks and plays like the DS version, though a bit easier, apparently(?)

5 and 6 are also available, though I haven't done much in those.

7/8/9 are just straight up ports, no new shit. Possibly some performance issues in later disks, as my brother complained about once.

For Turned based RPGs, there are a bunch. Of the few I know, there is Riviera, which is like a cartoony finale to a rather dark series. Minor dating sim elements, an absurdly obtuse true end, and every item has use limits, like Fire Emblem.

Yggdra Union is like Turn Based and a card game in one. Absurd difficuly if you have no idea what to do... which you won't until you look up a guide or book explaining how the game works.

Jeanne D'arc, which is liek FF Tactics, just the French vs the English, demons, and English Demons, featuring Joan of Arc as a magical girl. Bretty fun, and minorly good at teachign history.

Patapon series is a rhythem game, but it's fucking amazing, so I figured I'd throw it in.

For grid based games, Disgaes 1/2, and 3/4 on Vita I guess. Tactics Ogre LUCT which is metal as shit. ZHP, which is basically disgaea, but with more humans.

Like another smart Anon said, YS series is good for action rpg. Kingdom Hearts too maybe, though I find the series impossible to get into.

Third Birthday, which is an alright game by itself, though the plot is pants on head retarded, and tries to be a sequel to something it retcons the shit out of.
>>
>>329385054

Luckily a few (including Ys and the Tales series) have come with "HD" versions for PC. However, I'd have to go for the Valkyria Chronicles series. Play the first one on PC (it was originally PS3 only) - it is an EXCELLENT anime-style "action-RTS-RPG". Think Fire Emblem or Shining Force, but each character moves and aims in third person shooter style, and enemies can counter in "real time".

The 1st Valkyria Chronicles should be played on PC , with all DLC iincluded, choice of JP or English vocals etc. However, they then put the series in the toilet by focusing exclusively on the PSP! If you want to play on PSP or the PPSSPP emulator, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 3: Extra Edition are great choices!

VC2 - there was an english version of this, but it doesn't have JP audio so if that's important be sure you get the Undub variant. There's also a fan translation. Be sure you get the DLC files too, when downloading.

VC3:EE - This never came outside Japan, so you'll need a JP ISO, but there is an excellent fan translation. Be sure to get the Extra Edition version ISO, it is simply better than the original in every way. Get its DLC too. Enjoy!
>>
>>329389830
this
>>
gurumin, nigger
>>
>>329385054
Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave are pretty fun. Phantom brave plays like a platformer mixed with an RPG.

While Makai Kingdom plays like a megalomaniac simulator. They have obsessive strategy RPG in their pedigrees but they are pretty fun.
>>
>no mention of Brave Story
>>
>>329390238
>Cont

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is alright, though it's 100% more anime and has a soul eroding grid for materials mechanic which is unnecessary. You can practically see where the devs stopped themselves on some characters from making them /too/ stereotypical. That said, it's still fun.

Persona 3 Portable is great as well. It doesn't have the bonus content that FES on the PS2 did, but has an alternate story mode where you can be a FeMC, and it actually changes a lot of content.

Class of Heroes 1 and 2 could maybe count for you. Like the old Wizardry games, but it falls short in some places as well and can be just a boring grind.
>>
>>329386359
This is so accurate for Ys games.
>>
>>329385054
You should look into Growlanser 4. It has pretty much everything I like to see in an RPG: combat with some room for actual tactics, a branching plotline, a bunch of party members you can interact with, etc.

The PSP has a ton of great SRPGs. Wild Arms XF, Tactics Ogre, Gungnir, and Yggdra Union are all well worth playing.

I don't recommend the PSP port of Lunar. The new art is terrible and the combat isn't as good as in the Sega CD or PS1 versions.

>>329385345
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins is surprisingly brutal, even by the standards of the series. My progress through it has been pretty slow. It is a lot of fun, though.
>>
>practically no exclusives mentioned

Great job retards.
>>
The entire Gundam Battle series. Mainly Assault Survive.
>>
The patapon series is really good if you want a nice little rhythm game
>>
Trails of Nayuta
Ys Seven
Steambot Chronicles
ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
>>
>>329385054
>strategy RPG.
I'll list the ones I've played from best to worst:
Top Tier:
Growlanser IV Wayfarer of Time
Tactics Ogre LUCT
Valkyria Chronicles 3 (translation patch but it sucks)

High tier:
Wild Arms XF
Gungnir
Yggdra Union
FFT

Mid tier
Summon Night 5

Low tier (I don't recommend these):
Jeanne D'Arc
Disgaea 1

If you can read moonrunes also check out growlanser 1 and summon night 3-4.

There's a few more like Valkyria Chronicles 2, several NIS games, and Ragnarok Tactics, but I haven't played them.
>>
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is really good.
>>
>>329391783
Agreed. Its my favorite game of all timd. Id also recommend halfminute hero, persona 3, and battlefront 2. Just bought a psp and ive been playing those
>>
>>329391662
Fourthing, or whatever, Growlanser 4. Haven't gotten too far into it, and I will probably restart since it's been a couple months. It looks anime, and it is, but like >>329391424
said it's not shit. You can even roughly gauge how strong someone is by how many buttons of their shirt aren't done up.
>>
>>329385054
Persona 2
>>
The Star Ocean remakes (undubbed),

Mega Man Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X

WTF
>>
By the way, if you're playing growlanser iv, note that the western release took out all the voice acting. You can find an "undub" online somewhere.
>>
Hacked PSP is the comfiest handheld.
>>
>>329393891
>comfiest handheld
I'd agree but it stopped being it since the fucks canned Dangan 2 fan translation.
>>
>>329385054
saged
reported
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>329390238
>ZHP, which is basically disgaea, but with more humans.
ZHP is a rougelike, not a SRPG
>>
Phantasy Star Portable 2

I love this game. I would love to play it online with some people.
>>
File: Ninnin.jpg (171 KB, 771x869) Image search: [Google]
Ninnin.jpg
171 KB, 771x869
One of the most wholesome jrpg ever. Everything in the game has a purpose.
>>
>>329395035
Not everything. Nina is fucking useless and Garr is strictly inferior to Peco.
>>
>>329395549
This is nitpicking. The point >>329395035 is making is that it really is wholesome product. The game was fantastic upon it's initial release and re-release. It was a fun stepping stone in it's own franchise, it retained consistency, and moved into the 3D environment 2D sprite aesthetic easily.
>>
>>329391783
I'd like it more without the stupid slot machine summons thing. Ruins the flow of the game.
>>
>>329389610
the phone ones and the PSP ones are both ports of the GBA one which is a port of the PSX one which was also ported to Wonderswan. Everything goes back to PSX basically.

They're okay but they basically re-do the first game to be more like the later titles and more or less change the game completely.
>>
File: 1450255271961.gif (219 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
1450255271961.gif
219 KB, 319x480
>>329396001
I agree with this though the amount of content in the game (and grinding) make it an excellent time waster with a story that you might give a shit about if you enjoyed VII in the past.
>>
>>329390238
>Mahou Shoujo Joan of Arc
neat
>>
WTF (Work Time Fun) and Everybody's Stress Buster.
>>
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
>>
>>329391783
Um.. What? Am i missing something? I just played through the first boss (literally 5 minutes in?) combat feels... Abso-fucking-lutely shallow as piss.
>>
>>329394720
This anon has good taste. It's literally the best game on PSP
>>
>>329397891
Fucking this. I'm playing this at the moment, it's fun.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.