[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. Have you ever bought a game after pirating it? What was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Factorio.png (581 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Factorio.png
581 KB, 800x450
Be honest. Have you ever bought a game after pirating it? What was it?
>>
Terraria
Gunpoint
That is all.
>>
>>329361696
Yes, many actually.

>Europa Universalis
>Napoleon: Total War
>GTA SA, GTA IV
>Skyrim
...I could go on...

I have no motivation to finish games when playing on an illegal copy.
>>
If a pirate a game and really like it I'll buy it just so I don't have to deal with updating a pirated copy
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Factorio are the two I can remember
>>
>>329361696
>Dust Force
>Dark souls 1/2
>Serious Sam series
>Super Hexagon
>>
>>329361696
Hotline Miami 2 and Devil May Cry 4.
>>
I don't think I have, and I kinda feel bad about it. But I'm fucking broke. Sorry stalker/shadowrun. I love the games but I have to spend my money on keeping the lights on and buying cheap ramen
>>
>>329361696
Last one was factorio, actually. Bought it just when i finally could pause playing the pirated version.
>>
>>329361696
Factorio
Kerbal Space Program
>>
Hotline miami, i really respect the developers for putting out patches for the pirated versions
>>
>>329361696
Undertale
Probably the only game I've bought for full price, too
>>
Good mods for Factorio?
>>
>>329361696
Terraria
>>
metal gear solid because my pirated copy didn't have the cutscenes.
>>
>>329361696
Witcher 1 and 2
>>
>Mount & Blade: Warband
>Hotline Miami
>Risk of Rain
>EYE
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Think that's it.
>>
All the time. Factorio, Subnautica, Skyrim when it was on extreme sale, Endless Legend. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head
>>
Terraria, Shovel Knight, Binding of Isaac, Skyrim, Strider 2014
>>
Dark Souls
Undertale
A few re-releases of old games I emulated, if you wanna count emulation as piracy.

Perhaps related, there are some games I bought first and then pirated after because I wanted them DRM-free or I wanted an old version.

La-Mulana
Aquaria
Fortune Summoners (deluxe, the english version is drm-free)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (it's drm-free now but it wasn't before)
>>
File: 1456327709259.png (572 KB, 850x768) Image search: [Google]
1456327709259.png
572 KB, 850x768
>>329362079
>Europa universalis

I šo in love with grand strategy, but paradox jewishness which sees no boundaries put me off, I mean even fucking ubisoft don't spit so many dlc as they do
>>
>>329364279
Many (if not most) of the folks in /vg/gsg/ play on pirated copies. And I don't blame them because Paradox are truly the biggest dicks in the industry when it comes to DLC policy.
>>
>>329361696

Risk of Rain
GTA 3
Arkham Asylum
Killing Floor 2 (big mistake...)
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Other than KF2, they were all worth buying.
>>
>>329361696
Far Cry 1,2,3,4
Max Max
Bioshock 1,2,3
Left 4 Dead
State of Decay
Tomb Raider, TR AOD, TR
Age of Empires 2
Sunless Sea
Goat Simulator
Hitman 1, 2, Blood Money
Saints Row 3,4
Dishounoured
Borderlands

In fact, about 90% of the games I ever bought, I pirated first. Fucking hate owning a game which is shit.
>>
Yes, Assassin's Creed series.
When they were on sale though.
>>
File: remove_saldejums.jpg (232 KB, 1027x821) Image search: [Google]
remove_saldejums.jpg
232 KB, 1027x821
>>329364572
Thanks for response friend, it's refreshing to see a sane person and not paradrones who always use same argument "mah small indie company" which in reality is nowhere to the truth
>>
Practically every single game in my Steam library was bought after a rigorous session of testing.

Many of them were bought at full price too.
>>
Starsector just a few days ago
>>
>>329361696
terraria
minecraft
fallout 3/NV
Oblivion
some random indie games

anything that's either a cheap indie game I find fun (that I want updates for) or a tripleA that has a massive amount of shit to do

I moved to console now anyway so doesn't affect me regardless anymore, pirating is too much of a hassle so I just buy everything I want to play now
>>
Torchlight, Minecraft, and Terraria
>>
A few, though I never pirated much to begin with.
>>
>>329361696
La-Mulana.
Twice at full price.
>>
>>329361696
Thousands of games. Too many to count.
>>
XCOM: EW
>>
I buy tons of games on sale even if I've already played them.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.