[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been any confirmation about the removal of the bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Bravely Second Collector's.jpg (49 KB, 730x480) Image search: [Google]
Bravely Second Collector's.jpg
49 KB, 730x480
Has there been any confirmation about the removal of the bad endings for this game in the EU, outside of that one person's claims?

If there's solid evidence I'm cancelling my pre-order. I could deal with altered costumes, but that's fucking bullshit.
>>
Is there an uncensored cia file yet?
>>
game isnt nearly as good as the first to begin with
>>
>>329347139
It's called Eleven version, learn Nipponese.
>>
>>329347494
Opinions. I love it much more than first one. Only Ringabel missing from party is annoying.
>>
>no groundhog day
>but the game is somehow even worse than the previous one
Why even bother?

I mean 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default and Bravely Second are all pretty shitty nostalgia baits.
They don't do anything that mainline FF games didn't already do much better.
>>
>>329347604

Exept mainline FF is nothing like this anymore
>>
>>329348139
I see they didn't teach you basic reading comprehension at school.
>>
>>329348214

Please explain where I'm supposed to be mistaken.
>>
File: hueee.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
hueee.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>329347043
>nindrone think piracy is bad

>now they must eat treehouse bullshit with no possibility of modding the file and deleted item back

sure loyalty to nintendo is rewarding huh? i am sure they gave you nice treatment and listen to... oh wait they dont
>>
>>329347043
I'll copypaste what other anon told me in another thread. Seems it's just a method to cut multiple playthroughs by 2 cause west was pretty irritated by such thing in first game.

>oh, that, I don't know myself, but I don't think so.
>I'm talking about side quests.
>Basically, in the game every sidequest consists of
>- There's a problem
>- Go there
>- Go back
>- Go to dungeon
>- 2 Asterisk holders disagree on thing
>- You choose one side and fight the other, getting the asterisk of the guy you fought, but NOT the one you side with

>then, there's a plot point that allows you to repeat side quests
>the side quests don't change
>however
>you can choose who to side with again
>choosing the other side will get you the other asterisk, choosing the same side again will:
>- in the Japanese version, it will give you a better outcome than the first time you did it
>- in the international version, it will give you the better outcome version too, but it will give you the same outcome the first time too

>in the original version, to see every possible outcome you'd have to do the same quest 4 times
>one for bad end A, one for bad end B, one for good end A one for good end B.
>however, since you can only do the same quest 2 times per playthrough, you'd have to do 2 playthroughs to see all the possible outcomes.
>There is no need to do that since you'll still get the good ending even if you don't.

>In the international ending, since you don't have bad ends at all, you can just choose to side with the different asterisk and get all the endings and asterisks in the same playthrough
>>
>>329349304
>Trusting someone that spent 90% of the thread typing long-winded replies that basically just said
>"Fuck off I like it"
>>
>>329349304

I guess the motivations were good but holy fuck taking out content and making player choice irrelevant was not the fucking way to do it
>>
>>329349304
>however, since you can only do the same quest 2 times per playthrough, you'd have to do 2 playthroughs to see all the possible outcomes.
So they ruined the flow of the story, then?

Isn't the entire purpose of the Bravely series to be "Fuck it up the first time, fix it with time travel and your knowledge"?

So, you're saying "Yes it was cut."?
>>
>>329349432
well, that makes him great liar then, cause I'd say it's pretty hard to tell lie with such details and specifics.
>>329349528
>>329349552
I was the one who HATED how first game pulled their "do all this once again" bullshit, and if that still was in Second, I'd probably won't get it at all.
So while I get that content is removed and why it's pissing you both off, I kinda ok with that cause I don't plan to sink that much time into this game.

also I think I read elsewhere that in JP version no matter what you choose, you get BAD result in those sidequests until you do them again.
>>
>>329349795
>It's OK if the content is cut 'cuz I wasn't gonna use it anyway
Kill yourself.

When it was fucking costumes your excuse was
>LMAO it's just costumes call me when they cut gameplay
Now they cut gameplay and it's
>LMAO not gameplay I care about idgaf
>>
File: 036_display.gif (1 KB, 100x110) Image search: [Google]
036_display.gif
1 KB, 100x110
>>329350026
you could've at least tried or something
>>
>>329350386
Where in my post was I wrong?
>>
>>329347043
I like the art and the figurine. Design work is great, but the game itself is pretty crappy. I only care for gameplay in Bravely though.
>>
>>329349795
Now, here's the thing. I'm against cutting out content in games.
But what if said content was dreary, boring and ultimately a chore?

Example:
>Repeating the same shit for 4 chapters in Bravely Default
>The Fade in DA:Origins
>Having to sit through a 5-second animation every time you want to pick up ammo. From every gun. (Infernal)

Would it be better if the localizers went the extra mile and made a menu saying "hey, this next shit is boring as fuck for many people, you can skip it if you want Y/N"?

I enjoyed Bravely Default up till the time skip part. By that time I wasn't having fun anymore. And when I don't have fun, I stop playing.
>>
>>329350592
>But what if said content was dreary, boring and ultimately a chore?
Then don't buy the game.

If you don't want to do time-loops, don't do time loops.
>But I don't want to but I want to finish the game.
Then it looks like this game franchise which has apparently solidified itself on a "time-loops are an important franchise mechanic" is not for you.
>>
>>329350592

It's still bullshit

If you cut out the repetition in BD, you could do it by letting the player fight the true boss earlier in the loops, but allow them to keep looping to get the new Asterisk holder battles and the dialogue that goes with them. If you cut those entirely instead, as they did in this case, that's fucking horse shit.

Particularly in this case, as it removes an effect the player can have on the game and the chance of things going horribly wrong, which leads to development of the characters and other such important dialogue

This shit is unacceptable.
>>
>>329350881
That's right. I never finished the game. I just watched the endings on youtube then sold it.
Shame really, it was a fun ride until that part.

>Then don't buy the game.
This is good advice desu
>>
>>329350592

You can reach the credits on like the second loop

If you don't want to invest the time to 100% shit that ain't my problem
>>
>>329350935
It seems like they had good intentions (ha) but fucked it up, as always.
>>
>>329350467
where you put everything into extreme.
I'm not telling you to be ok with that, I'm not telling you to buy it. I don't really care what you gonna do.
I have huge backlog of games, and rarely do more than one playthru. I'm ok with this change means that it won't going to change my plans about playing and buying the game. I enjoyed first game and I just want more of the same, I didn't get true ending, cause it was a hassle and I disliked personally how to get to it.
Yet that change is not something I would like to see more of, that means I'll be looking more into next Sqeenix games releases to see changes and how massive they are for my personal taste to care.
There are grey areas aside of being only for or only against. Calm your tits.
>>329350592
>I enjoyed Bravely Default up till the time skip part.
pretty much same, after I realized that game literally punishes you by not getting true ending cause you need to be stupid sheep and follow fairy lies - I just watched true ending on youtube. Fuck that faste of time. Bravery gameplay is not enjoyable as in Disgaea for example to keep me engaged over and over again doing same thing.
>>
>>329351127
If the game isn't fun for you, why the fuck are you buying it?
>>
>>329349304
So it's like if they had cut out some of the repeating suit in the first game?
>>
>>329351272
Maybe if you read properly he said that he liked the game except for the repetitive time loops.
Maybe SE coulda spiced it up a bit, made some changes, i dont know.
I'm pretty sure all of us can enjoy a game despite its flaws, it just depends on your tolerance for said flaws.
>>
File: D1_Flonne_07_Bust.jpg (398 KB, 853x1000) Image search: [Google]
D1_Flonne_07_Bust.jpg
398 KB, 853x1000
>>329351127
>faste
waste
>>329351272
It's fun to degree. Just not fun enough to put this much time into technically same but powered up battles just to see alternative reality characters bits and then see how your whole party being idiots together. It's too little of reward.
I did have fun with game, aside of that repeating bit which I hate.
>>
>>329351504
>Game has time loops
>"Hm. I don't like this."
>Sequel has time loops.
>"Hm. I don't like this."
>Buys it anyway.
You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>329351451
pretty much, I guess repeating stuff in first game was really common complain in the west.
>>
>>329348750

Everything that guy said was in the past tense, anon. As in "The FF games USED to do this". Hence why he called it nostalgia bait.
>>
>>329351626
when I got Bravery Default - nobody ever would've guessed that it has time loops. Unless you go read all spoilers about it.
With Second - it's way less of a thing, especially with this change. And also not required to get true ending as far I gather, while in first it was required.
That's why I still getting Second one, cause if it had same as Default bullshit, I'd won't get it at all.
>>
>>329351806
>It's OK if they cut content because it's content I didn't like.
Please die.
>>
File: p28.jpg (371 KB, 1200x1680) Image search: [Google]
p28.jpg
371 KB, 1200x1680
>>329351908
so edgy
don't you have other way to establish yourself and make feel better about yourself?
cause one you are using, doesn't work for so long.
>>
>>329352029
I feel fine, senpai.

And gundam is not for sexual.
>>
File: p26.jpg (323 KB, 1200x1702) Image search: [Google]
p26.jpg
323 KB, 1200x1702
>>329352157
That's no Gundam, boy.
no Gundam!
>>
>>329352367
NOT FOR SEXUAL
>>
File: p36.jpg (381 KB, 1200x1694) Image search: [Google]
p36.jpg
381 KB, 1200x1694
>>329352436
You know you want it.
>>
>>329350592
Then have the option to skip it

I refuse to pay the same for less. That is never a smart deal and in the end will mean you lose out of something you do want
>>
>>329352597
not that anon.
but using your logic - those who buying game for one playthru - they technically get same content they would get buying uncensored version, no?
Cause they won't do another playthru whatever version it is.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.