[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under the sea Under the sea Darling it's better Down where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: subnautica.jpg (995 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
subnautica.jpg
995 KB, 1920x1080
Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me

Subnautica is fucking great and despite being Early Access they're actually releasing consistent, large updates. If that actually finish it then this game will be amazing.
>>
Fucking love the game, bought it like 7 updates ago, but i'm choosing not to play it until it is fully done just to get the FULL experience from the jump. Updates are amazing, but I'm wondering if this game is going to get stuck in a 'good' development hell? I.E they keep releasing good updates, but never stop releasing them so it never gets finished
>>
Ive been loving it too. But this game made me realize how fucking terrified of the ocean I am. I heard they they still plan to add some deep sea shit.
>>
>>329339868
>despite being Early Access

Maybe one day /v/ will grow the fuck up and stop with this
>its okay if I happen to like it
stance

This is why the industry is so shit, ANYTHING is fine as long as I'm having fun for 30-60 minutes RIGHT NOW
>>
>>329342589
some stuff on Early Access is good, yes, a lot of it is trash, but not everything, get over it.
>>
>>329342589
What is Grim Dawn and Darkest dungeon?
>>
>>329343054

fuck you the world is black and white
>>
>>329339868
>tfw build huge base in survival mode
>tfw build it near the mushroom area
>tfw 5 fps everywhere now
>tfw can't fix it
>>
>>329343054
The vast majority of it is trash. So much so that buying an early access game is like investing in a penny stock hoping it will become the next Google. And with how the early access environment is now, you also run the very large risk of finally finding an early access game you really like, and then the devs change everything and it becomes an almost entirely different game a year later.
>>
>>329339868
Just got the cyclops and upgraded it for 1000m diving, heading to the area where you get the moonpool, go down, at 400m I hit the bottom.

Mildly disappointing, though the way down there was pretty intense.

Also where is the fucking vsync option? If I enable it through the console the lighting gets fubar and there are bright colors everywhere.
>>
File: subnautica 2016-02-28 16-02-51.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
subnautica 2016-02-28 16-02-51.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
how are your bases looking? Nothing fancy here
>>
>>329339868
>When the devs actually finish the game, it will be amazing!

Oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>329339868
Do I still need to create a new game everytime an update hits to get the new content ? I've just finished my secondary residence in the island.
>>
>>329342589
>ANYTHING is fine as long as I'm having fun for 30-60 minutes RIGHT NOW

http://www.newgrounds.com/

there you go, you did say ANYTHING
>>
File: 1438854776795.jpg (103 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1438854776795.jpg
103 KB, 1440x900
>>329345048
Kind of regret making it here because it's boring.
>>
I was thinking of torrenting this to see how it is, what's the newest stable version of the game? If I like it I'll pony up for a finished product.
>>
So where's a good place for your first base?
>>
>>329346083
The Center of a Ruins Biome
>>
>>329346083
The grassy plateaux, the biome with the red grass

Lot of place to expand, underground heat sources, shallow enough so you can use solar panels, close to the kelp forest and the safe shallows.
>>
>>329342589
Early access tends to be a bunch of cashgrab abandonware that gets money from lying about content that will never be added. Saying despite being early access would imply it has actual content right now, fuck off.
>>
>>329345769
Is that on a little floating Rock?
I set up a base there but almost never visit since the pitch black nothingness below it makes me really uncomfortable
>>
>>329346083
In the caves with the bright pink glowing mushrooms, you´re save from predators there
>>
>>329343628
You say that like the vast majority of traditionally published games aren't trash, and that buying them might not be a waste of money.
>>
>>329346548
Nah, it's in a cave in the Deep Grand Reef. It looked neat at first but it's barren as fuck.
>>
I don't know much about this game yet. Is it just a comfy simulator or is there some kind of RPG/progression/combat element to it?
>>
>>329345048
>using platforms
>>
>>329346828
>comfy simulator
lot of environments me me uncomfortable

reaper noises in the distance
>>
>>329346828
>Is it just a comfy simulator
It can be comfy at times, but most of the times it makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>329347270
most of the negative criticism I've heard about the game boils down to NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
>>329346886

Different anon, is there something wrong with using platforms?
>>
So can you just make bases everywhere? Can you like, cover an entire area with structures?
>>
>>329348134
If you had the resources for it

which you won't unless you're playing on Creative
>>
>>329339868
No regenerating supplies causing me to move my entire base just to get more quartz in the local area. Shit until simple fixes or mods
>>
>>329348435
Quartz farming and rechargeable batteries will eventually be a thing, according to the road map.
>>
>>329349316

What about fish fuckin'?
>>
>>329346828
>Is it just a comfy simulator or is there some kind of RPG/progression/combat element to it?
There is combat, though the player has very limited lethal options, so it hardly qualifies as an action game. The major bulk of the "combat" is about protecting yourself, rather than killing the enemies.
There is also a kind of progression, in the form of unlocking new techs which open up new crafting options, which in return usually grant easier (or only) access to previously inaccessible areas. The whole progression system is still in it's infancy though: the game started focusing on the sandbox elements first to give early adopters something to do, and as the development progresses, the whole thing is becoming more and more focused and structuralized: The tech tree is becoming more and more linear and gated, story elements are slowly becoming incorporated...
It seems like the whole game wants to walk a very thin line between your conventional survival sandbox and a lot more structured, "linear" (that is progression-oriented, rather than linear in space) experience.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.