[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there's a game you desperately want but can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: bubsy-tro-fur.png (809 KB, 912x768) Image search: [Google]
bubsy-tro-fur.png
809 KB, 912x768
>tfw there's a game you desperately want but can't afford it
the struggle is real
>>
>>329301361
pc master race eh
>>
Fuck off beggar
>>
>>329301495
no bully
>>
post your steam profile i'll buy it
>>
how much is that in freedom dollars
>>
>>329301603
no thanks. i'm going to save up, not begging. but i was just being sad, it sucks being poor
>>
It's literally Snes9x some ROMs.
>>
>>329301361
Folklore for the ps3. Will eventually get a job and buy it.
>>
I really want Super Monkey Ball 2 but I've never got around to buying it. I loved the first so much
>>
>>329301361
Emulate it fucking retard.
>>
>>329302213
Why are people on this site so unnecessarily aggressive and mean? It's really not necessary.
>>
>>329303095
Shut the fuck up you disgusting retard. I hope you get lit on fire.
>>
Pirate it retard.
>>
>>329303095
Neither was your birth.
>>
>>329303095
kill yourself
>>
>>329303095
Assuming this somehow isn't bait, why would you want to play Bubsy anyway? It's an awful game.
>>
>>329303326
Whatever its flaws, It's a classic to a certain generation. Some people have fond childhood memories of similarly mediocre games like Croc, Banjo or Sly or whatever, same principle.
>>
File: 1360884099331.gif (726 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1360884099331.gif
726 KB, 300x168
>>329301361
>User Reviews: Mostly Positive
>>
File: dense.png (491 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
491 KB, 442x600
>>329303095
>>
>>329304682
>banjo and sly are mediocre
Shit taste detected.
>>
>>329303095
If you can't handle the bantz, just leave.
>>
>>329301361
Wasn't this shit removed because it was sued for using SnesX9 code stuff and shit?
>Buying an emulated game
>>
>>329306552
They aren't good games, you were just the right age when they came out.
>>
>>329306832
>both games are critically acclaimed.
>y...you were just the right age.
>>
>>329305060
To be fair, the only people who would buy that have impossible nostalgia goggles.
>>
It's just the SNES ROMs packaged with an emulator. Don't pay for this shit.
>>
someone post female bubsy
>>
>falling for an autistic troll
>>
File: bubsy.png (498 KB, 1481x958) Image search: [Google]
bubsy.png
498 KB, 1481x958
>>329303326
Bubsy 1 I'd argue is a fairly decent game. People like to shit on it for having fall damage, but the game actively encourages gliding so I'm not sure why people'd have this issue. It also has better level design than the original Sonic the Hedgehog. If it didn't have 1 touch death, it might be good. Bubsy 2 removed 1 touch death, but then its level design went down the shitter
>>
>>329303095
you are judged by nothing but your post

there is no need for sorrys or treading lightly
you dont matter
I dont matter
only what we post matters
>>
>>329307450
I actually really want companies to start supporting emulation and selling ROMs officially personally. Plus SNES games being sold on Steam is pretty cool
>>
>>329307819
You are encouraging lazy ports and stolen code if you buy this, not thoughtfully updated games.
>>
File: ScreenShot_20160229225537.jpg (18 KB, 910x291) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20160229225537.jpg
18 KB, 910x291
>>329307697
Don't call Uli autistic you piece of shit
>>
>>329307960
I don't think ports by emulation is a bad thing. Stolen code is pretty douchey I'll admit, but I'd just love it if companies would think of emulation as a good thing and give people the option to play and emulate games through legal means accepted by companies. Obviously Bubsy would've been cooler if it were actually ported to modern PC properly rather than just emulation, but emulation itself isn't a bad thing. Maybe somewhat lazy, but if the game runs properly I don't see why that'd be an issue.
>>
>>329307819
why the fuck would you want people to start selling shit that already free?

Literally 99% of all retro gaming companies don't even exist anymore or even have the same dev teams or employees.

Emulation is very legal, and is a way to preserve old software for future generations.

>Wants shitty meme game
>doesn't know how to emulate
>begs on 4chinz
Fuck stupid cunts like you.
>>
Has anyone played Bubsy 3D? Any good?
>>
>>329308581
Bubsy 3d is the worst. Look up footage of it and understand why it killed Bubsy dead in the ground.
>>
>>329307993
Uli is litteraly the only human being on earth who gets a free pass for liking Bubsy

he just likes parallax scrolling and going fast which is the one thing bubsy does ok

everyone else who likes bubsy is a fag and I own both carts on the genesis from childhood and always hated the damn games
>>
>>329308249
porting a SNES game to PC would be reinventing the wheel

Bubsy is just a case of a cashgrab from whoever the fuck owned the license to grab some meme stream dollars

anything emulatable should not be re released unless given significant upgrade or HD treatment looking at you nintendo
>>
>>329308685
Ohh, yikes, just saw a video on YouTube - it looks like a Super FX SNES game except it was released in 1996. No wonder I used to see copies everywhere back in the day.
>>
File: emulation.png (122 KB, 945x808) Image search: [Google]
emulation.png
122 KB, 945x808
>>329308518
>doesn't know how to emulate
>begs on 4chan
>implying
I'm not OP and pic related
>why the fuck would you want people to start selling shit that already free?
Because its not free through legal means and I want to support old games getting ports.
>Literally 99% of all retro gaming companies don't even exist anymore or even have the same dev teams or employees.
The ones that still exist could still be decent companies and/or at least be pretty great publishers. Getting games published for newer generations to access is good.
>emulation is legal
I know. What I'm implying is that in most cases when you're emulating games as old as these they aren't your own rips and were most likely pirated, which is illegal, even on vaporware.
>>
>>329306832
How fucking underage are you?

No one liked bubsy. Not a single fucking person. Its was only remembered because they literally tried so fucking hard to market this fucking cat.

Banjo and Sly are very good games. Many adults played them too, and the games themselves have aged gracefully. Particularly Banjo.

You wanna what hasn't? Shit like Tomb Raider(1996) or certain popular Adventure Games.

Those games run on the limitations and standards of the time. But are remembered fondly, by many who played them at the time.
>>
>>329303095
99% of people on here are being satire. I thought the same thing when I first started on 4chan.
>>
>>329308934
>paying for ports
The people who made those games don't even get a single cent

>allowing companies that had nothing to do with the development to profit off other people's hardwork
Im sure this is a bigger injustice than emulating the fucking game

And if you are so asspained about rom ripping buy the fucking device so you can rip your own roms then.

>Getting games published for newer generations to access is good.

Or they can just emulate them. For free. Maybe put they money saved in an IRA account or savings.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.