[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this piece of trash so overrated? Are SEGA fans still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (227 KB, 650x419) Image search: [Google]
file.png
227 KB, 650x419
Why is this piece of trash so overrated?

Are SEGA fans still salty that the N64 outperformed it during the DC lifespan?
>>
it had fun games that are now on the PC. don't be so retarded OP
>>
>>329277858
ey fucK YOU DICKHEAD.
>>
You're right that it doesn't have nearly as many good games as people pretend, but who cares man. You people care about the most uninteresting shit.
>>
It was loud, it had a terrible controller, and the library was tiny and only had a few worthwhile games, all of which were ported to better platforms.

The only reason people like it is nostalgia. Yeah, it paved the way for online console gaming. So woohoo for that I guess.
>>
WiiU gonna be the same in 10 years
>>
>>329280353
Nope.
Wii U is fucking awful compared to the dreamcast
>>
>>329277858
>Bought this over December with the Rumble Pack

Worth it in my opinion. I always wanted one and, other than PXZ2, there aren't any new games for me to buy.
>>
Dreamcast was the end of a long line of failures. CD, 32x, Saturn, and finally Dreamcast. They were forward thinking and pretty much everything became a console standard but by that point had lost the confidence of the console market.
>>
>>
I bought one to play sonic adventure 1/2 and Shenmue 1/2. I didn't really play anything else on it. I have been meaning to play bezerk, but anything else good on here?
>>
>>329279962
Practically every game on the system is good though.
>>
is this the bait testing thread?
>>
>>329280936
Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5 1/2, Project Justice, Hydro Thunder, the Sakura Taisen games if you know Japanese.
>>
The dreamcast is region free, right? Because I would like to play Shenmue 1 only if I got to be able to play the second game on it afterwards.
>>
>>329280936
Sega Rally, Power Stone 1+2, literally any fighting game port.

>>329281343
>The dreamcast is region free, right?
No and there's literally no reason to get a US console over a PAL console.
>>
>>329281484
I bought mine at a game store because it included the cables, controller and VMU at not extra cost. Also, I don't really trust buying used consoles online that I can't test.
>>
>>329281238

powerstone, mang.
>>
I suppose if you look at it now, Nintendo and Sega were always in an arms race and couldn't respond when a 3rd competitor blew them all out. Nintendo survived on brand recognition alone, Atari's remnant failed, and Sega threw in the towel. Then Xbox came in and it's been a Sony VS Microsoft battle since then.
>>
>>329281238
Oh man Hydro Thunder on the DC was the bomb

my cousin had the n64 version, it didn't feel the same
>>
>>329281817
I forgot about that because I only played it once at someone's house. I'll need to burn that when I can.
>>
File: CVj4G_VWIAUwHIv.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
CVj4G_VWIAUwHIv.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
The Dreamcast is the 2pac of it's generation. It died too soon.
>>
>>329281876
Mhmm, that was the first game I burnt and played after got my Dreamcast hooked up. Fun as fuck.
>>
>>329281680
>it included the cables, controller and VMU at not extra cost.
I hope you don't think that's a rare find or something. Did you even get a VGA box so you can play in glorious 480p?
>>
>>329277858
It had great arcade ports, which were great if you didn't have quick access to an arcade.
>>
>>329280837
Uzume had a hard life.
>>
>>329282009
I didn't think there were a rare find, just more of a convenience.

I didn't know about that VGA box, but I'll try ordering one online if it's not too expensive.
>>
>>329282337
You definitely should get one, I think the only games completely incompatible with VGA output are Hydro Thunder, JoJo and KoF 99. It also lets you output PAL consoles at 60hz.
You'll want a third party one though, the official one was only sold in Japan and was quite limited IIRC.
>>
>>329282749
Which one do you have if you have one?
>>
File: 1485.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
1485.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>329277858
>tfw you haven't played on your dreamcast in ages then you realize it was actually looked pretty shit
>>
>>329277858
The Dreamcast is not of the N64 generation.
>>
>>329283442
It was always N64 VS Dreamcast. The system was dead by the time Gamecube was out.
>>
/vr/ is better than /v/.
>>
>>329281928
>The Dreamcast is the 2pac of it's generation. It died too soon.
And for some reason, we kept seeing a number of posthumous releases. People who used to shit on it now have some measure of respect for it.
>>
>>329277858

Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Out Trigger, Quake 3 Arena, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble, Crazy Taxi , Crazy Taxi 2, Power Stone, Power Stone 2, Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Tech Romancer, Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Phantasy Star Online , Phantasy Star Online. Ver 2, Dead or Alive 2, Rez, Revolt, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Virtual On.

VMUs, Online multiplayer, free DLC and and in built web browser in one system.
>>
>>329277858
The Dreamcast was amazing OP. Especially for fighting games. I bought my Dreamcast just for MVC2.
>>
>>329277858
For its incredibly short lifespan, it had an incredible amount of great games. On top of that, a good number of those games are entirely new IPs.
>>
>>329277858

Sega fans still think that sega is relevant lol. Sega lost, Nintendo won baby top dog numero uno. Sorry you guys bought into the losing side of history while mario is still hopping on turtles to this day.

Feels so fucking good
>>
>>329286143
>no Dynamite Cops, Typing of the Dead, Mars Matrix
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.