[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This really does feel like Fallout 4, if Fallout were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: wasteland 2.jpg (536 KB, 1548x1080) Image search: [Google]
wasteland 2.jpg
536 KB, 1548x1080
>"This really does feel like Fallout 4, if Fallout were to go back to its CRPG roots."-Total "I deserve to die of cancer" Biscuit

What's the dumbest review quote you think you've seen?
>>
What's dumb about that quote anon are you just saying it's stupid because you don't like him?
>>
"Finally a smart game for smart gamers."
>>
>>329266615
Wasteland 2 is nothing like Fallout
>>
File: Skyrim_with_guns.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_with_guns.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>
File: thisguy.jpg (10 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.jpg
10 KB, 252x244
>>329266748
>wasteland
>not like fallout
>>
>>329266748
o man im dyin
>>
>>329267118
>>329267287
>Wasteland 1 & 2
>Entirely party based (WL2 is like a bad X-com clone with even worse RPG elements)
>Fallout series by Interplay and Bethesda
>Solo character based

Not in anyway similar.
>>
File: 1452318939922.gif (866 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1452318939922.gif
866 KB, 450x450
>>329266748
fallout is retro-future wasteland.
but this is bait and it doesn't matter
>>
>>329267378
How is it b8 you fucking retard?

WL2 has some of the weakest attempted roleplaying I've ever seen in a game.
>>
>>329267468
because after seeing the same picture with the same OP post like 30 times it can't not be bait. you're too obvious.
>>
>>329267601
It's not b8 and if you think WL2 is a good RPG then KEK
>>
Wasn't Underrail the closest we've ever gotten to getting a legit Fallout sequel?

I didn't get the Fallout vibe from W2 at all, and that's not just me jumping on the hate bandwagon, the atmosphere was different. Wasteland's biggest problem was in the dogshit engine.

Even the two Shadowrun games which were made with the complexity of a fucking iOS game have managed to do more on a technical level.
>>
>>329267796
Why do so many indie devs use Unity instead of UE4?
>>
File: 54028935.jpg (46 KB, 600x632) Image search: [Google]
54028935.jpg
46 KB, 600x632
>>329266389
>40 dollars for this P.O.S.
>the Devs actually think this is a valid price point
>>
>>329267796

how hard are you going to meme by pretending fallout 2 never existed?
>>
>>329267359
>WL2 vs Shitcom

do I choose the bland, ugly as fuck game with the most boring writing ever and terrible combat, or the meme ayylmao game with terrible combat?

I think I choose...fuck em both back to playing Frozen Synapse
>>
>>329266748

I mean it only inspired the series to exist in the first place.
>>
>>329267898
Everyone I know in college is studying or making programs in Unity.

UE4 is just too costly
>>
>>329268012
The son transcends the father
>>
>>329267973
I'm sorry?

You're going to have to clarify the thing about Fallout 2, since I don't see how it relates to what I had wrote.

You're not one of these autistic people who thinks that FO2 is a hugely different game from 1 just because it features optional easter egg bits from Monthy Python, right?
>>
File: WL2 2015-10-27 23-21-25-94.jpg (360 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
WL2 2015-10-27 23-21-25-94.jpg
360 KB, 1680x1050
Wasteland 2 was dogshit though

They basically confirmed it themselves when the final fight has to completely bypass and ignore the game's mechanics in order to have any sort of challenge.

It's like they looked at the whole game they created and said "well this is trash" so they just made a bossfight with its own rules to get the desired result.
>>
>>329268280
>They basically confirmed it themselves when the final fight has to completely bypass and ignore the game's mechanics in order to have any sort of challenge.

Do you mean those robots with the huge range?
>>
>>329268018
RIP
I have yet to play a decent game that was made in Unity.
>>
>>329268362
Unlimited range, guaranteed hit, fixed damage, hits through cover too
>>
"Like Skyrim with guns!"
>>
>>329268421
How are you supposed to beat them legitly? Bring a million LAW rockets?
>>
>>329268393
http://store.steampowered.com/app/373970/

I've played some good Unity games, it's just that they're usually always 2D
>>
Let's face it, it's not a good isometric post-apocalyptic game if it doesn't allow you to pity-fuck the awkward nerd who makes drugs for a local Mafia.

you could fuck Myron as a female char, right? it's not just my dick remembering things for me?
>>
>>329268484
Snipers. Law Rockets.

The Perks and buffs the Director's cut provides also help a lot, but I'm pretty sure the synths in the directors cut can actually miss.
>>
>>329268941
No I don't think so. Myron's considered too scummy for that. He does try to slip the female player character some alchohol though.
>>
>>329269173
Well, as far as I know, that's still more interesting than Wasteland 2 ever got.

Then again, I never got that far in that.
>>
>>329269360
WL2 never gets interesting. Trust me.

Myron is an amazingly developed character that you might not even meet your first playthrough. (I certainly didn't)

WL2 never has those "blink and you'll miss it" moments.
>>
>>329269481
Are there at least any good hub areas in W2? I've written it off mostly due to the gameplay and the engine, but the writing didn't seem half bad at the beginning.
>>
>>329269360
Some of the companions are fairly interesting, it's just that they have next to no character outside of a couple of quips.

Just like the majority of Fallout 2's companions. Granted, pretty much every Fallout 2 companion has a pretty good backstory before they turn into murdermules.
>>
>>329269612
The beginning is precisely why the game is regarded as mediocre.

Wasteland 2 really doesn't get interesting until the second half, which is 15-20 hours in. The first half is derivative post-apocalyptic desert with only just enough clever writing to be somewhat acceptable.
>>
>>329269612
There are these polite weirdos in the second act that are pretty fun, but overall the good stuff is soooooo stretched out.

>>329269774
LA still isn't very good. I mean the best they can do is a couple of apartments and a sewer. Then you spend the rest of your time in a psuedo jungle. Terrible.
>>
>>329269969
There's also Angel Oracle and that one other place that is controlled by the leather jerks. Neither of them are particularly top-rate, but they're alright.

The entire game suffers from good ideas, but mediocre execution.

It's still worth the purchase, I just wish it had a bit more heart put into it.
>>
>>329270280
>It's still worth the purchase

I put 80 hours into it for $20 but even I wouldn't say that. Definitely worth a pirate for one play through. I've tried to replay it several times but the roleplaying is utterly lacking. For a game where you can create 4 party members, they all still feel super cookie cutter
>>
>>329269774
>Wasteland 2 really doesn't get interesting until the second half, which is 15-20 hours in.
Whose idea was it to do this? An open world isometric game like that honestly benefits more from interesting locations and exploration (which is why hub areas are so important) rather than an interesting main plot that gets started slowly and becomes good only late.

Fallout 1 and 2 aren't terribly interesting at the beginning either, but you're quickly given a clear goal and plenty of interesting locales to visit in-between. Most of the Master/Enclave shit can also be argued to not be a very cool pay-off, at least until meeting Master himself or finally reaching the Oil Rig.
>>
>>329270464
>Fallout 1 and 2 aren't terribly interesting at the beginning either, but you're quickly given a clear goal and plenty of interesting locales to visit in-between.

Here's the thing, you can skip to any location your heart desires in FO1/FO2. In Fo2, I used to head to the enclave and get the power armor early. In FO1 you could meet THE LOU really early on.

WL2 hardlocks and hides maps till you have to go to places for story purposes
>>
>>329270464
Not enough good ideas and too much of an emphasis on drawing the game out.

Plus, the only thing holding you back in both games was tougher random encounters in the overworld. You could avoid these by running like hell, or investing in Outdoorsman.

Wasteland 2 throws walls of lethal radiation at you until you reach certain points in the story.
>>
>>329270713
>WL2 hardlocks and hides maps till you have to go to places for story purposes
And the radiation storms and the way the map is built also makes it a bit more linear. At least that's how I remember looking at it early on where you've had to respond to the distress signals.
>>
>>329266748

I don't know why everyone is flaming you, you are absolutely correct, and anyone who has really gotten into both games could tell you that.

Wasteland 2 feels totally different from classic fallout, more of a tactics battles linear type game than an exploration heavy classic CRPG.

I mean broadly they're very similar and in the same genre for sure, but wasteland 2 really does not in any way feel like Fallout going back to its roots, it feels different completely
>>
>>329271064
The distress signals of Highpool and AG Center is the worst shit on a second replay. I wanted to see how different AG Center was and it turned out to be just a shitty dungeon crawl map.
>>
>>329271465
With a vastly superior reward.

Seriously, the companion you get from the Ag Center is a swiss army knife in the most broken way.

thank god it's easy to kill her once she turns on you
>>
>>329271638
Actually I thought she was shit compared to Vulture's Cry, cause Vulture had skills I didn't bother to invest in. (Outdoors and the animal one) and having another sniper is always good.

Although her holier than thou attitude was fucking annoying to be sure.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.