[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is World of Tanks good or was it good and I'm too late?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: WoT.jpg (702 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
WoT.jpg
702 KB, 2560x1600
Is World of Tanks good or was it good and I'm too late?
>>
>>329224426
Armoured warfare is superior.
>>
>>329224426
too late
>>
>>329224426
Go with Armored Warfare at this point. Been playing for three weeks and it's pretty good.
It probably has one of the better payment models I've seen in a while.
>>
>>329224426
war thunder
>>
>>329224426
Play
-WoT when you just want to have fun in WW2 and early cold war tanks
-WT if you find the scale and atmosphere of WoT weird and want something a tad more """""realistic""""" (it fails at that imo)
-AW if you want to drive modern tanks and want a PvE mode
>>
It was pretty good in the beta when things unlocked at a reasonable rate.

After the beta it slammed the brakes on XP and resource earnings to push P2W bullshit, and became a grindfest that forces you to play with windup toys for a long ass time until you unlock something with a cannon that can reliably pierce armor.
>>
>>329224426
Go War Thunder OP. It's still a shitty russian-biased grindfest, but at least it's not HP tanks with magical ammo bonanza. As an added bonus, you get planes and (never ever) maybe ships some day. AW is basically WoT with modern armor and some gimmicks. Perhaps a bit improved, but it still smells like shit.

WT>AW>WoT
>>
>>329224426
the well has been poisoned by op make belief science fiction tanks that only ever existed as napkin scribbles.

AVOID.
>>
>>329227669
The grind in WT is waaaaaaay more tedious than in WoT.
>>
>>329227726
Not really, the grind in the early tiers is fairly quick in both, it's just that WoT has twice as many tiers so WTs endgame tanks are WoTs midtier, with about the same amount of grind
>>
>>329227726
It's the same if you're starting fresh. Both suck immensely. But WT is simply better if only because when you're bored of tanks you can shoot some planes (or vice versa). That and the gameplay is only somewhat shitty.

Who am I kidding, I love to boom and zoom ameritards in their "muh mustangs".
>>
>>329227354
Tanks in war thunder are utter shit. Russian bias and the devs do the opposite of what the community ask for. Planes are not much better but are at least playable.
>>
So, it boils down to AW and WT.

I know this may sound stupid but when can I tell if the game is something fore me? It takes some time to get into gams and especially MP games so I'm wondering if I can tell early if I like one of those two games
>>
>>329224426
Play Armoured Warfare, its way less grindy and doesn't have that shitty control lag that makes WoT unplayable.
>>
>>329226913
>>329227050
Okay shills
>Go with a dead game
>Go with literally the same game and different vehicles
I'd suggest WT but it's just as shit even if the mechanics are objectively better.
>>
>tfw no good multiplayer tank game that isn't controlled by russian jews
>>
>>329224426
Armored Warfare, nuff said.
>>
isn't WoT super pay2win?
>>
>>329227660
>start you off in a shit tank
>have to grind a good cannon for it too
i was watching gameplay of that. if you don't have an upgraded gun on a decent medium tank, you're straight fodder, you get 2 shot by upgraded t-34/85s.
>>
>>329228267
Just DL them and try them out. Keep in mind that what you then do in your first couple of games you will do over and over again with little variation.
>>
>>329228284
This.

Not this.

>>329228280

>>329228267
If you're into very arcade shooting, with HP pools, go AW.
If you want something that can be either arcade or quasi-sim-ish (and actually more engaging than said arcade), go WT.

Every game above is basically the same when you grind the first few types of vehicles. The only thing that changes is the amount of firepower/armor/speed etc.
Perhaps jets and biplanes in WT are A BIT different, but not that different to call it a whole new level of gameplay.
>>
>>329228370
More like pay2notgrind. I could careless if some faggot decided to load 100% gold round but some tank just plain bullshit to play in stock
>>
>>329228284
The only thing war thunder does good is the visuals, the game looks fucking amazing. But the devs are just killing that game more and more every time I go back to try it. I left when Armoured Warfare came out and it was so much better as a game.
>>
File: 1452535094050.jpg (40 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
1452535094050.jpg
40 KB, 590x443
>>329224426
Was never that good really, was a nice time sink I guess.
>>
>>329228503
Warthunder would be such a good game if the devs actually listened to the community. When I last played they were continuously doing the opposite of what people asked for. I had played since the game was first available and the game has just gone down hill since the tech tree/BR bullshit.
>>
>>329228529
>I left when Armoured Warfare came out and it was so much better as a game.
Out of sheer curiosity (not OP), please elaborate on what grounds/why AW is better than WT.
>>
>>329228635
Imo you can't compare those two. AW scratches a different itch than WT.
>>
>>329228628
I know anon, I know. Instead of getting better, it actually gets worse.
I don't know why they do that - they are being held hostage by Gaijew and want this game burned to the ground asap? Sometimes almost the whole community agreed on something (which is, as we know, a feat in itself) and they still ignored it/did the opposite. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>329228635
Devs that listen to the community, no pay to one shot premium russian tanks, its nowhere near as grindy. Yes the graphics are worse and tanks have HP rather than a damage model, but if you can look past that its just a better game.
>>
File: 1418385007320.png (9 KB, 190x159) Image search: [Google]
1418385007320.png
9 KB, 190x159
>>329227669
>(never ever) maybe ships some day
I want ships so bad.

I still torture myself with WoWs even though it's shit because I need to fill my intense craving for modern-era naval combat.
>>
File: типичный квас.jpg (1 MB, 803x2316) Image search: [Google]
типичный квас.jpg
1 MB, 803x2316
It was made by communists. Fuck do you think?
>>
>>329228784
Me too anon. I tried WoWs to scratch that itch, but a few hours later I uninstalled it with displeasure. A fucking mess.

You know what's worse? Gaijew will fuck it up, but not as much as WoWs.
There will be minimum viable fun; same with tonks and plonks. And WT will be stuck in this maggot ridden limbo.
>>
File: 1451383186363.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1451383186363.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>329228635
Never player WT but i can give comparison between WoT and AW

>no bullshit stock grind with half-crippled tank
>you can grind exp in PVE
>arty can't kill you in 1 hit
>low tier battle actually fun

On the downside:
>they can't balance the gameplay on tier 7+ battle
>map feel too small because everyone can go 40kmph
>low playerbase
>>
>>329228635

AW have a good selection of vehicles, not just tanks, but AFV, light tanks, ATGMs and in the future even MIRVS.
AW gives you the opportunity to use different weapon systems and appliques with different uses.
AW has a severe balance problem, MBTs are dominant in high tier matches, mostly due to the small and corridory maps.
AW has PVE that helps with the stock grind.
>>
>all these complaints on war thunder

I don't even know what you guys are complaining about, wt is objectionably the better tank multiplayer game compared to wot on the visuals alone gameplay is completely better and visuals are outstanding

When I get fucked in wt I don't get that "other guy just has better shit" feeling as much due to the tank match being more reliant on skillful tea play and who is the better shot and remembering where to shoot to achieve the most damage

Compared to that hp arcadey crap you get with wot wt is on another completely different level
>>
Get Steel Beasts.
>>
>>329228784
Play CMANO or Dangerous Waters you immense retard.
>>
>>329230063
>all this reading comprehension
Almost everyone agrees that WT is better, but at the same time it's still shit (and almost everyone agrees on that as well).

>When I get fucked in wt I don't get that "other guy just has better shit" feeling
>laughing_russians.vodka
Yeah, instead you get "other guy just flew/drove the current votm".
>>
>>329230063
>When I get fucked in wt I don't get that "other guy just has better shit" feeling

No, but i get that "other guy drives a russian tank" feel
>>
>>329228784
>>329230179
What about this? any good? http://store.steampowered.com/app/420440/
>>
>>329230343
Fuck if I know.
>>
File: 0000000249.1920x1080.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
0000000249.1920x1080.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>329230179
>Play Dangerous Waters
Pic related.
>>
>>329230343
"First off, I'll say that this is a mobile game ported to PC [...]

The game is turn based and has phases. You have a movement phase and then an action phase. Movement is self explanatory, but action is where you'll fire your guns, torpedoes or ready / launch aircraft (you can only do one action per turn). So, you move then act, then the enemy moves then acts."
Yeah no fuck off.
>>
>>329230063
What is black prince
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.