[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault-8459.jpg (517 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-8459.jpg
517 KB, 1024x1024
is this game worth 20 of my government bucks?
>>
>>329218484
answer me senpai pls
>>
>>329218484
sure, its pretty good
>>
I heard it was bretty good. I've thought about buying it.
>>
>>329218484
I bought it on steam then bought the Limited Edition again on PS4 just so I can get sister to play it.

preddy gud desu senpai

>inb4 shill
>>
>>329218484
It's a VN
you like those? You'll likely enjoy this. Just don't get the impression actions matter.
>>
>>329218484
I would say no, to be quite honest. A lot of twee shit with a ton of bad hipster meme-spurting dialogue. Your taste might be different than mine.
>>
I bought the first episode when it was on humble bundle.
Literally the second sentance was she started shitting about climate changes.
I unstalled after.
>>
I want to fuck Max.
>>
>>329219332
thats the thing about LiS, its like one of those "Its so bad, its good" situations.

Heck if they fixed the bad dialogue and hipster shit I probably won't even remember the game.

Like, Remember me. Remember that game? yeah.
>>
>>329219324
depends. whats VN senpai?
>>
File: 1450157294390.gif (2 MB, 409x398) Image search: [Google]
1450157294390.gif
2 MB, 409x398
How is this a game? its a movie with shit graphics. Why spend money on a movie when you can watch someone "play" through it on Youtube. Why do people call this a game? Its a interactive movie? you cant fucking fight monsters, you cant level up. You cant speed run it, you can't get a high score. ITS A FUCKING MOVIE THAT FORCES YOU TO PRESS BUTTON TO PROGRESS THE STORYLINE
>>
Depends. Do you like games which focus completely on the characters, even to the detriment of the gameplay and, sometimes, the plot? Do you mind a game that's slightly leftish from time to time, as it is about 18 year olds in an artsy hipster school? Can you handle the angst that may come with a main character of that age?

If so: you should buy it. Else: eh. Wait for a sale.
>>
>>329219816
Is this bait I see before me? Pointy end towards my mouth?
>>
>>329219816
ok
>>
>>329218484
Finished episode 1 trough 5 yesterday and I would say, for a fact, that it is a great game.
If you like strong narrative driven games, you will love this.

>easily hooking story
>great cast of characters you can actually care about
>not a shitty Telltale game, desu
>>
>>329218484
not even worth stealing
>>
File: 1446244788448.jpg (626 KB, 580x1409) Image search: [Google]
1446244788448.jpg
626 KB, 580x1409
Great game, the twist I felt was super unexpected
ending was meh, but it made me jerk a tear
Also ignore lesbianism. It isn't required in the game as I found chloe a cunt
Kate must be saved
>>
>>329220025
I loved it. I just wished I'd stopped playing after the scene in episode 3, when they woke up in Chloe's room. It pretty much was the last moment where everyone was sort of happy.
>>
>>329220025
This is one of the greatest parts of this game IMO,
It's not a Telltale Game, and it doesn't really follow their formula, I can't stand their games
>>
File: download (5).jpg (4 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
4 KB, 229x220
>>329219945
Wouldnt be the first time you had something with pointy end towards your mouth
>>
>>329220174
The bay ending has max happy, as she knows she has been freed from her eternal torment
>>
I want to mod the game and just make every female naked

it will be like an alternative reality where women are mandated to walk around naked so men can oogle them

I don;t know why but I really want to do this
>>
I only have ep 1, but I enjoyed it. I wanna play the rest, but I can't be bothered. Which sounds like a bad review, but thats just how I am sometimes.

My friend who told me to try it loves it.

Don't go in expecting a game though. Its certainly more fun than Dear Esther and I've never liked any visual novels, but its still just story driven to the max.

Writing was decent. Nothing groundbreaking but it successfully managed to bring a modern hipster chicks world to life without seeming too retarded.

Game looked nice.

Apparently the later episodes get intense. The first one is fairly low of the spice meter, but still interesting.
>>
>>329218484
nope why bother when you can play the superior Life is Shitâ„¢ for free
>>
>Life is... Weird.
I began rolling my eyes as I saw the first half of the subtitle, then kek'd heartily when she actuall said it. Good of them to work out the subtitles like that to not spoil it.
>>
>>329220174
Pretty much was a last moment of purity and well beingbut if you really think of it, at the same time, Nathan is being manipulated by Jefferson and RA is dead all along. And you just feel bad for blaming David for everything after all that will unveil
>>
>>329219667
steins;gate if steins;gate had cringy dialogue instead of 2ch memes
>>
>>329220831
>sympathy for Nathan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8FpGONDKyk
>>
>>329220291
But I actually liked Chloe. Yeah, she can be a bitch from time to time, but there's a reason for it. She feels betrayed by her two ONLY friends and her dad for leaving her, as well as her mother for remarrying, especially to someone she doesn't like.

>>329220831
>Nathan

No, I didn't feel sorry for him at all. He is still a sociopathic guy who wanted to torture RA, but only failed because he fucked up an accidentally killed her. If they wanted to make him sympathetic, I'd like to have seen more scenes which humanised him.
>David

Yeah, I felt really bad whenever I turned on David. He really reminded me of the father of a friend of mine, who came back from Srebrenica with a fuckload of baggage and was trying to make a life in spite of what he'd seen and what he did (or did not) do.
>>
>>329220935
He is a fucked up kid with bad family/ rich background, still doesn't change the fact the he is a mentally unstable individual and a very influenceable spirit. Kid seriously needed help, if you ask me.[/spolier]
>>
>>329221396
Yeah, he did, but he needed help years ago. Mentally ill or not, you don't just walk away from abuse and murder.
>>
>>329221396
That is what the game tried to do, but failed at hard.

Yeah, the game TELLS you that the stuff you say, but what it shows is an abusive asshole who pulls a gun on people for no reason whatsoever and has no issues with completely fucking someone up who tried to stop Nathan from attacking a person 30, maybe 40 pounds lighter than him.
>>
File: go nuts gurl.jpg (850 KB, 1899x857) Image search: [Google]
go nuts gurl.jpg
850 KB, 1899x857
>>329220291
yeah...
>>
>>329218484
Choices matter thing was just a lie and you'll stuck with shitty binary choices in the end and one developer said to you ''use your imagination'' after you made a decision.
>>
>>329222780
>the last choice is the only one that matters
>the last note in a song is the only one that matters
>the last bite of a meal is the only one that matters
>the last second of a movie is the only one that matters

What is wrong with you?
>>
File: mirror.jpg (612 KB, 1102x1800) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
612 KB, 1102x1800
>>329222832
>What is wrong with you?
>>
>>329222949
Literal deflection.
>>
>>329222780
>Choices matter thing was just a lie and you'll stuck with shitty binary choices in the end

low budget, man.
>>
>>329222832
>''Multiple endings depending choices you make''

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>329220217
>It's not a Telltale Game, and it doesn't really follow their formula

I wish they'd followed it even less. Fuck you game, stop ruining my immersion by showing how often or not choices were made. I don't fucking care, and I don't need you to point out that I may have missed some content. It's my fucking run and I'll do it the way I please.
>>
>>329223210
does it matter tho
>>
>>329223575
Probably not. It just really annoyed me.
>>
>>329218484
20 is a little bit steep but I paid full price and enjoyed it well enough.

It's definitely worth 10 or 5 buckaroos.
>>
>>329223871
eventually your choices don't matter at all and everything ends up with the same conslucion anyway.
plus Season 2'll continue with different cast so.
>>
>>329224118
> eventually your choices don't matter at all

It's a videogame man. There's very little that matters less than what you chose to do in those.
Even so, I disagree. How does it not matter what you do? Your choices decide what sort of person Max is, who and what she cares about.

> everything ends up with the same conslucion anyway.

Well, there's a certain fatalism built into the very premise of the game, so yeah. Furthermore, it's also undoable from a game-design perspective; it's nigh impossible to have a voice-acted videogame which accounts for all of your choices.

> plus Season 2'll continue with different cast so.

It should. The story of Max and Chloe is over. If they were to make another game about them, it'd probably just detract from this game.
>>
On the endings, how much better would it have been if they actually made you go back in time either way, and either make you interrupt in the way you did as before or have to make Max sit there as you listen to your best friend/Lover (whichever floats your boat) being shot and die?
>>
>>329224573
Even better, if the choice to intervene hung at the bottom of the screen in real time the whole way through until it disappears as she gets shot

go on, anon, it's only one button press and bae will be all-okay, go on
>>
>>329224638
Yes! Something like that! Anything to make us as players go through those same agonising moments as the character.
>>
>>329224373
>How does it not matter what you do? Your choices decide what sort of person Max is, who and what she cares about.

but also this isn't a role-play game mate. yeah your choices matters for a little time and merely influences to her character. but like i said my point was no matter what you do everything ends up with the same conslucion. for example you can't change her feelings towards to Chloe, her desire to saving Chloe, even other people
>>
it's on sale for $10 for PS plus members
>>
File: thisfuckinshitaintlogical.jpg (80 KB, 688x547) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckinshitaintlogical.jpg
80 KB, 688x547
>>329224573
>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
> And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.

Thanks for reminding.
>>
>living on government assistance

Holy shit kill yourself.
>>
>>329224761
> but also this isn't a role-play game mate.
Not in the sense of stats and shit, no.

> but like i said my point was no matter what you do everything ends up with the same conslucion

See my earlier comments on this.

Spoilered bit: Yeah, you don't get to radically define her character, but that's fine. It's the same reason why you can't just say "but I don't care" in Max Payne and continue your life as normal after your wife and kid get killed. It's a matter of scope and story.

>>329224893
Yeah, the game is sort of inconsistent with its gameplay elements at times. I hated the ending too. I was hoping it would've been something along the lines of Max has brain tumor which is exacerbated by time travelling, which is actually hinted at in the story, in stark contrast with the actual Ep 5 twist.
Furthermore: not keeping photo's after you've rewound: this confused me to no end. You get to keep other objects you find after a rewind, so why not this?
>>
File: MAX_0.png (921 KB, 1000x1339) Image search: [Google]
MAX_0.png
921 KB, 1000x1339
LOL
>>
>>329224893
Additionally to my other post: I thought the point of the ending was more Donny Darko and less "power usage caused Tornado, more news at 10".
>>
>>329225153
>why not this?

because of shitty writing
>>
>>329225253
>getting to do a complete reset with your current knowledge
Infinitely jealous. God I wish I could go back and redo everything.
>>
File: 2016-02-29_00003.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-29_00003.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Personal GOTY. Great characters and setting, very comfy and the music is excellent. It's not perfect, but it's an experience like no other. Buy it OP.
>>
>>329218484
We already have a thread
>>
>>329225253
That's my fetish
>>
>>329218484
No, you can watch a no commentary play through and get the exact same shitty experience and still have 20 bucks in your pocket.
>>
Buy episode 1, see if you like it and if you do just buy the other 4 episodes.
>>
>>329219354
she's causing catastrophic climate change by fucking with time
>>
>>329227550
>2016
>watching stupid streamers, LPers and their shitty reactions

anon pls
>>
>>329227867
>no commentary
You have the reading comprehension of someone who enjoys the writing in Life is Strange.
>>
>>329219354
Would you have kept playing you would have gotten to know that its not climate change at all, but some Butterfly-effect shit
>>
>>329228243
I don't accept that. The butterfly effect doesn't mean random shit happens for no reason.
>>
>throw the dog treat towards the road cause i panicked
>18 wheeler surely flattens him
>oh I'll do what I gotta do here in this trailer and zip back
>you are unable to rewind further
I haven't played it since. It isn't bad. I like max
>>
>>329228315
>every time you make a choice, leaving an area locks it in

>welp I'll just go into that trailer

Sorry but that's on you buddy
>>
>>329228314
The stormy weather is caused by the instability of time itself, as Max keeps going back and forth, creating new timelines, etc.
>>
>>329228656
That also makes no sense, she saw the vision of the tornado before she had ever traveled through time. also there's no logic to it, since weather, moon illusions and animals dying aren't the same thing.
>>
>>329227961
>You have the reading comprehension

no u
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.