[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Test Chamber thread Anyone willing to test out a portal 2 te
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: Portal2cover.jpg (71 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
Portal2cover.jpg
71 KB, 256x352
Test Chamber thread
Anyone willing to test out a portal 2 test chamber I finished today?
If possible I'd love live feedback, although it's certainly not necessary.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635083976
Also, feel free to post yours.
>>
You're about five years late, anon
>>
>>329199638
Yeah but I was also a retarded shit when I first got the game on PC, so I was bad at everything.
Now I'm slightly less retarded of a shit, and I think it's ok.
>>
>>329199762
its cool anon, i think your test chamber is neat :^)
>>
>>329200448
Thanks that means a lot especially coming from you :^)
>>
>>329199045
Sure, give mine a try.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=365274402

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=304473510
>>
>>329200587
n-no homo lad
>>
Portal is fun. I like this thread. The sky is blue. I'm lonely.
>>
>>329200642
I just finished No Cube Left Behind, took me just a little longer than I'd like to admit to make that logical leap about using the redirection cube to hit the caged pylon.
I just thought I was fucking up portal placement back at the laser.
>>
>>329200642
And I just finished Portalbello
This one I felt like didn't have any puzzle elements at all.
It felt more of a "can you figure out if the game mechanics let you do this?" kind of thing. It was the same problem that Quantum Conundrum had as a whole.
The solution of find a spot in the room where you can shoot through this small opening, then spam portals so you can make something climb with the extrusion beam felt really camp.
>>
>>329204132
Portalbello was more of a test of concept chamber. (First one I made) Simple enough, but outside of what the main game had you doing. I understand what you're saying. It would be like abusing the 'one-portal' sliding technique from portal 1 as a main mechanic in a chamber.

>>329202568
Glad that one stalled you. I was worried that having multiple ways of completing it would make it too easy.
>>
>>329199045
sent
>>
>>329206914
I read your comment on the chamber page, and I get what you mean. However, regarding getting stuck, by the "cube dropping room" do you mean during the secret when you go behind into the room with the liquid?
I think I'm willing to leave that as is, since you said you had to reset your portals, and without using the console that's impossible.
I did find another way, which involves throwing all the cubes/spheres into the starting room, opening the big door, and hitting something that doesn't actually even look like a portalable wall, and going inside after the big door closes
Pretty convoluted and counterproductive, I doubt it's going to present an issue.
Mind if I ask how you pull off the other solution to NCLB?

>>329207029
Sent what
>>
File: 2016-02-28_00003.png (952 KB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28_00003.png
952 KB, 960x1080
>>329208053
No, you misunderstand me. I included a picture. As you can see, there's one cube in the room, both portals in the room as well. No way out. All you have to do is lose one of your other room's portals by having them both in this one.
As for the other solution, I'll get back to you in a minute. (easier with pics)
>>
>>329209195
Oh I see, that's basically how I got stuck too.
Okay, I know how to deal with that, thanks.
>>
>>329199638

Why's that?
>>
File: 2016-02-28_00004.png (2 MB, 1468x1470) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28_00004.png
2 MB, 1468x1470
>>329208053
>>329209195
I put in many ways to skip certain test elements or do them in a different order. This isn't all of them. It's something I miss from Portal 1.
>>
Been wanting to try out some of the co-op after I finished the main game two weeks ago. But goddamn, it seemed like I'd never find anyone through the locator, and I've only got a few friends as it is on steam who weren't even on to play it with.
>>
>>329212761
Oh shit wow I have a similar problem, issue being I have work/school the whole week. If you are down for some serious play on Thursday night or Friday, I will post my Steam ID
>>
>>329212482
Ah I see, thanks for all the effort anon

>>329212761
>>329212960
I'd be down too, since my life is empty atm.
>>
I haven't played Portal 2 for ages, but I did make one chamber. It's probably shit, I dunno, just check it out anyway.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357353851
>>
>>329212960

Sounds good. Heard the co-op has some great puzzles.
>>
Who wants to play co op add me
steamcommunity.com/id/space_is_fun/
>>
>>329213218
it does, I played it with the guy who had the WR in Portal 1 and he was trying to see if some levels could be soloed. Haven't tried since, and I played on PS3 then

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PantsForHire
>>
>>329213245
>steamcommunity.com/id/space_is_fun/
i want shitskins to leave
>>
I have to say, the game really does leave a strange impression on you.

On one hand, it's equally as fun as the original, if not a little more so depending on how you enjoy the new mechanics like the gels. Yet at the same time, I can't help but feel like the much meatier story presents that same dilemma Half-Life 2 had; where the heavier focus on plot can feel a little jarring compared to the more free flowing nature of the original.
>>
>>329213392
What?
>>
Shit chamber thread?

That's cool i guess

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=71449755
>>
Anyone want to try my levels? I think they're pretty difficult... Got some comments from people saying they really liked it when I made them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=72096715
(I don't think why the thumbnail on this one is broken)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=72839147
This one makes use of a mechanic I've never seen in another Portal map. The final rooms takes it to level 10.

There's videos of the solutions on the pages. I'm gonna play some of the others in this thread now.
>>
i made a fun play ground or something
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582579688
>>
>>329199045
I want to make a chamber that involves counting (in binary) to some ridiculous number.

I initially made one that involves counting in binary up to 2048 but you could cheese it with ABH + a carefully placed cube to give you the jump angle to shoot UP a chute.
>>
>>329213406
>where the heavier focus on plot can feel a little jarring compared to the more free flowing nature of the original
I think it was the fact that it had a lot less portalable surfaces, meaning if you saw white, you knew where to shoot, this making the moon gel puzzles the best ones
>>
He's one I made when I first got it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68684736
I thought it was pretty clever.
>>
File: pls.png (172 KB, 1336x686) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
172 KB, 1336x686
Guys don't make me do it.

Guys pls.
>>
>>329213776

I don't know, seemed liked it had the same amount as before; early chambers let you portal just about any wall, while the later ones have very few so you have to carefully think about how to solve each chamber.

Still, it can be jarring going from the first game where it was just GLaDOS talking to you, to the sequel where Wheatley and she are talking AT you in sequences where you're either immobile or pretty much having to wait for them to finish before moving on. Not that it's bad or nothing, it certainly kill the pacing like a lot of other games where they force feed you so much story it may as well be an FMV
>>
>>329213994
>Has all that space
>Is decent sleepy time anyway
Just do it man, go to bed, wake up and play a good game
>>
>>329213996
FUNNY YOU SHOWING UP ON THIS DAY IN PARTICULAR
BLAST THAT LITTLE
LAMARR, WHERE DID SHE GET TO
UH OH, IS EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT?
OH. ALYX. LAMARR HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HER CRATE AGAIN. IF I DIDN'T KNOW BETTER I'D SUSPECT BARNEY OF TRAPPING AND-
IS HE HERE?
THERE YOU ARE. MAN GORDON, YOU STIRRED UP THE HIVE
WE OWE A GREAT DEAL TO GORDON, EVEN IF TROUBLE DOES FOLLOW IN HIS WAKE.
YEAH BU- AAGH! GET IT OFF ME!
[ALYX LAUGHS]
HERE, MY PET. HOP UP.
NO, NOT UP THERE.
FIE! IT'LL BE ANOTHER WEEK BEFORE I CAN COAX HER OUT OF THERE
YEAH, LONGER IF WE'RE LUCKY
BARNEY! YOU'RE NOT AN ANIMAL PERSON
UGH
>>
File: ar.png (3 KB, 43x45) Image search: [Google]
ar.png
3 KB, 43x45
>>329214181
Gla
>>
>>329214181
I especially liked that part in Black Mesa East where Alyx and Mossman discuss passing the Bechdel test.
>>
>>329214181

The difference with that bit is you have a bunch of shit to look at and fool around with if you're not interested in watching the characters banter. Most games will have you forced to walk along with some or the game just sits there going "tilt the stick you little nigger! We didn't make you shell out $60 bucks to let you stand around and think the plot will deliver itself to you!" or have so nothing to do but wait for the QTEs to pop up
>>
>>329214427
>tilt the stick you little nigger!
I might actually watch some more AAA movies if they did this, directly insulted you.

"Fuck your exploration, look at this helicopter"
"Keep looking at the helicopter you fucking cunt"
"OH SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT EXPLOSION"
"No don't look away, fagnagger. See where the debris landed?"
"Yes? Good. Go there."
"NO DON'T TURN AROUND CUMSTAIN WE DIDN'T HIDE ANY AMMO OR GUNS BEHIND YOU FUCK WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS, DOOM"
"Yes go that way."
"NO NOT THROUGH THE TREES YOU FAGGOT FOLLOW THE SQUAD"
"Yes that squad."
"Yes those ones that got cut down by machinegun fire."
"NOW you can go through the trees to flank them."
"What are you waiting for you carpet munching satan licker, go through the fucking grass"
"PRESS RT2 TO GO PRONE LIMPDICK OH WAIT YOU JUST GOT SHOT TRY AGAIN"
"Look at the helicopter again."
>>
>>329214623

Shame that game with Will Arnet bombed, I was kind of digging the idea of a game that shamelessly shat on modern gaming conventions
>>
File: undertale metacritic 1.png (64 KB, 593x299) Image search: [Google]
undertale metacritic 1.png
64 KB, 593x299
>>329214814
>I was kind of digging the idea of a game that shamelessly shat on modern gaming conventions
Ahem
>>
>>329214915

Undertale is more clever in how it deconstructs gaming logic and tropes. Matt Hazard was basically like Duke Nukem, but not quite as crass with its attitude
>>
>>329200642
The first one was great. Really challenging. The 2nd one I didn't feel like trying. Is there a weird trick to it? I got it by throwing the box up there with quick mouse movement.

>>329199045
Too many grey walls, empty space, and switches you have no idea what they do.
>>
File: Ass infinite.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ass infinite.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>329214623

That'd be a hilarious mod for Bioshock Infinite

"Throw the ball at the nigger lover!"
"Psyche! Thought we would let you do something controversial even though the scene is already shocking enough? Pfft, retard!"
"Yea! Yea! YEA! Solve that puzzle you little bitch. Turn that level three times counterclockwise while the big titted chick instructs you on each step!"
>>
>>329216398
You're supposed to move the box using the excursion funnel, but yours works too.
>>
So was like the area of the first game just a "complex" while the real facility was basically the Cube?
>>
>>329220467
Glados didn't have access to the main facility until the explosion. It's been some time when Portal 2 happens.
>>
>>329220920

That can't be, she directly mentions having made up several tests but didn't get to implement them. It's right when Wheatley starts "borrowing" her creations for the last leg of the game.

Even then, it's just kind of surreal how the facility in the first game seemed to have a set structure, and then the sequel reveal it's like some kind of Cube structure that can "morph" depending on the whim of the one in charge.
>>
>>329221403
That conflicts with the way the building was set up. During the escape you see how things are connected including the observation rooms. Glados herself is confined to the main room. She cannot move literal cement infrastructure. She rebuilt shit in a way that gave her more control. She didn't even have access to the old facility.
>>
>>329223056

Not the underground one, but she did control the more technological parts. It's directly mentioned when Wheatley is just mashing together chambers because the moron can't come up with anything simpler than "weigh down the button, open the door"
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.