[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they Sony exclusive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: Compile-Heart-PSV-Game.jpg (40 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Compile-Heart-PSV-Game.jpg
40 KB, 620x350
Why are they Sony exclusive?
>>
They're not? They've been porting a lot of their games to PC lately.
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1200x1600
Perhaps the same could be said for ALL Japanese developers.
>>
They don't like being censored
>>
>>329187524
Because that's where the otakus are.
>>
>>329188054
>Sony doesn't censor games
>>
>>329187524
They are not. They are sell outs for steam and muh gaben
>>
No one else wants them.
>>
File: file.png (127 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
127 KB, 400x300
>>329188360
Is it because that's where the otaku are, or are the otaku there because that's where the games are? With Sony owning 90% of the domestic Japanese market, I'm leaning towards the latter.
>>
>>329187524
They aren't. They're on PC as well. Also, this:
>>329188610
>>
>>329188690
>>329187661
What other games do they have besides Neptunia?
>>
>>329189025
Omega Quintet I think
>>
>>329188690
>They're on PC as well.

Considering that the games they port are literally old games, one could make a point that they are indeed Sony exclusive. That PS4 Neptunia game isn't PS4+PC, it's PS4 only. Whether it's going to be ported to another platform or not is debatable, but the game is indeed on the PS4 only for now. Same with Fairy Fencer F, an ancient PS3 game that was ported to PC, while the PS4 got a Super Turbo Championship Edition shortly after with bonus content that is exclusive to it.

They have a clear bias towards Sony, but so do hundreds of other Japanese developers. That's because, no matter how much /v/ wants to admit it, nothing else is relevant in Japan. The 3DS? That only gets a small number of games from most Jap publishers, while all their big projects are on PS consoles, or PS exclusive.
>>
File: 1379306450930.jpg (14 KB, 194x148) Image search: [Google]
1379306450930.jpg
14 KB, 194x148
More importantly, why did they abandon Madou Monogatari/Puyo Puyo and sold it to Sega, who are doing a shit job at managing the IP?
>>
>>329189363
That's a good question. They couldn't possibly have not known how bad Sega is at handling anything ever.
>>
>>329189025
Omega Quintet
Date a live
Fairy Fencer
Moe Chronicles
>>
>>329187524
They aren't. They're also on PC because they discovered that Steam morons will buy anything anime or meme related, both of which apply to their games.
>>
>>329189272
>literally old games
Not really. Hell, Rebirth 3 was announced for release on PC before the Vita version even came out, so the releases wound up being not too very far apart (sure, the PC version still came out months afterwards, but that's hardly old)
I don't disagree that there's a bias towards Sony. I'm just saying that for the most part they aren't exclusive.
>>
Kusoge Heart
>>
File: 2016-02-14_00002.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_00002.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>>329189632
>implying
Neptunia games are honestly decent games. People calling them shit are wrong. They aren't amazing but acting like people are buying them just because
>muh memes
>muh anime
Is silly
Also sadly you're wrong. Just because something is "anime" doesn't mean many on Steam will purchase it. Its clear that the PC market just like most other markets in the West lean towards Western titles above all else, and a lot of these Japanese games don't exactly have huge sales.
>>
>>329189907
well meme'd
>>
>>329188368
They actually don't. The publishers do.

For the record, Nintendo published both Fire Emblems, both Bravely Defaults, Zero and Xenoblade.

So yeah son.
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43 KB, 320x224
>>329189363
>>329189556

Sega always had the rights to the IP. I'm not sure what kind of relationship they have, whether Sega commissioned Compile for the game, or if they co-developed it. I do know this used Sega hardware, and was ported to Sega consoles, and was modified by Sega themselves to become Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

>>329189685
Point is, CH (and other Japanese developers) doesn't treat PC as a sustainable platform, much less equal to a PS platform. The only Japanese developers who treat PC as a sustainable platform are Japanese indie developers, and that's only because licensing for consoles is too expensive, not to mention restrictions placed on them by the console makers.
>>
>>329189562
Oh an Trillion God of Destruction.
Made by Ex Disgaea devs,supposedly a pretty gud game
>>
>>329189953
>Neptunia games are honestly decent games
They really aren't. They're cheaply made games with nothing redeemable about them. I've seen you people call better games, like Trails in the Sky, bad, which makes your claims that Neptunia is legitimately good laughable.
>>
Well they can't code for shit considering all their PS3 games looked like PS2 games (except for character models) and still often ran at 15-20fps so focusing on multiple platforms might not be a good idea.
>>
>>329187524
You don't want to petition to play that trash
>>
>Why are they Sony exclusive?
Nintendo of America
>>
>>329190135
CH said they love their PC following. It was either them or their publisher Idea Factory.
>>
Better question is, why is Compile Heart such a shitty, bottom of the barrel developer, when Compile was fantastic?
>>
File: 2016-02-14_00003.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_00003.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
>>329190291
>Trails
But Trails is bad
The only good game by that company so far is Tokyo Xanadu
>>
>>329189953
>Neptunia games are honestly decent games
The latest ones? Maybe. Decent as in they're playable, they're not going to crash on you or melt your CPU, you can complete them without issue, etc. They aren't good games, or even average games. They're games with really bad writing, infantile "humor", and a poor battle system. People play them for the girls. Even most fans admit that.
>acting like people are buying them just because
>muh memes
>muh anime
>Is silly
It absolutely isn't. Look at the Steam reviews and communities for the games. They're all buying them because "NEPU MEMES LOL" or the girls not because they like the games themselves.
>>
>>329190513
Implying Ys is worse than Neptunia is like saying Bubsy 3D is better than Mario and Sonic.
>>
>>329190559
bitch Megadimension Neptunia VII for PS4 is so good it makes every goddamn Nep game before it fucking obsolete
>>
>>329189953
Calling Neptunia decent is kind of a stretch. Even VII is passable, a stone's throw away from actually good, but still incredibly lazy and poorly made.

And I'm not talking about technical aspects, I mean there's parts of the game that where the game designers clearly fucked up. A great example is how they based the entire crafting system on a single resource that you get one of until the very end of the game. When you have to wait until just before the last boss to get a Hyper Bracelet to collect treasure from the earliest dungeons, and that treasure is level-apporpriate for when you first enter those dungeons, you know the just completely screwed up.
>>
>>329190291
I could call Neptunia decent if it was one game or two but they made like 6 that were all very similar recycling assets more than I've ever seen any video game do and I've played a lot of video games. The battle system is not bad but there is no balance at all, the story is the same tripe every time and the only redeeming quality is "it has waifus!" which only is a redeeming quality for some people.
>>
>>329190351
>>329190454

Back in the day, developers had to compete against each other, and even the console makers themselves, namely Nintendo and Sega. Sony on the other hand has very few in house productions, and so developers weren't as compelled to make a good product. So if the developers didn't compete, they didn't need to compete. This is also what caused the downwards slump of the Japanese game market. Originality and technical prowess was punished, and only the larger developers could be able to do anything decent. What a coincidence!
>>
>>329189025
Mugen Souls
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 KB, 128x128
>>329190452
>CH said they love their PC following.

Yeah, they love their PC following so much, Megadimension is PS4 exclusive. They love their PC following so much, that the only games they announce for PC are literal Vita ports. They love PC so much, they don't even have the decency to give them the updated version of Fairy Fencer F that the PS4 has. So much love they have. Talk is cheap.
>>
>>329190827
Yeah. Neptunia fans say the same thing about every game. They said it about Mk 2, they said it about Victory. Technically it is true, but making total fucking garbage like the old Nep games obsolete isn't an accomplishment. It's still bottom-of-the-barrel.
>>
Because xbox owners aren't pedophiles.
>>
>>329191036
I don't think I'd care as much that CH is a shitty developer if they didn't own Compile's IPs.
>>
>>329191461
The ps3 games are unplayable garbage because of shitty frame rates
The vita Rebirth games are far better.
>>
>>329191696
Yes, I've heard that one too. Unsurprisingly, fixing the framerate doesn't fix the game being bad.
>>
>>329189562
>Omega Quintet
good game

>Date a live
it's a harem, never touched

>Fairy Fencer
good

>Moe Chronicles
heard it was okay, it's Vita only
>>
>>329191461
Megadimension is a fucking quantum leap above all the others
>>
>>329192679
Yeah, just like Victory was a quantum leap over Mk 2 was a quantum leap over Neptunia.
>>
>>329193763
lol whatever cuck QQ more bitch nigga
>>
>>329190513

>having taste this shit

Nepfags never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>329187524
The better question is why do all of their games suck melted shit?
>>
there should be a game where the neps are horrified to discover all the console countries of Gamindustri are collapsing and they have to help their citizens move through portals to the new world, Gabewerkz
>>
>>329194359

Steam can have Neps. I welcome it. Please Gaben, deliver us from evil. Shoulder the burden, for you are strong of will.
>>
They need to hurry up and port the new nepu nepu game to PC. Don't make me buy a ps4 just to play it.
>>
File: 1445756347231.jpg (16 KB, 362x298) Image search: [Google]
1445756347231.jpg
16 KB, 362x298
>Acknowledge the games are shit on a fundamental level
>Still enjoy them
I don't give a fuck
>>
>>329194359
The conquest ending was enough Nep suffering for me. I don't want to experience more suffering in Gamindustri
>>
>>329194359
Isn't PC Continent already a thing?
>>
>>329195184
There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just tired of people pretending they're some amazing underrated gems and that nobody likes them because they're anime even though many of the people that don't like them play the fuck out of "anime" games.

It's like those fags that feel the need to justify piracy to moralfags.
>>
>>329195184
I don't think it's a fundamental level, because fundamentally they're JRPGs from like the PS2 era. Which is a fine foundation.

The problem is laziness or incompetence or budget, or any or all of the above.
>>
>>329196708
It's the fact that they know people will continue buying up their games so their relatively small fanbase buying it solely for the girls doesn't care about quality, meaning they get the best returns by putting as little effort into everything as they possibly can to keep costs to a minimum.
>>
>>329197074
Maybe. I don't really think about it that cynically though. They probably like what they do and want to get better at it, and they have been making improvements in a lot of areas.

We see what happens when they're selling you solely on the girls in some of the terrible spinoffs, and they didn't go down that route.
>>
You don't honestly want these games do you?
>>
>>329191369
>Megadimension is PS4 exclusive

Just you wait :^)
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.