[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one game with a more beautiful and realistic world than this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: ACU ile de la cite.jpg (3 MB, 4480x2520) Image search: [Google]
ACU ile de la cite.jpg
3 MB, 4480x2520
Name one game with a more beautiful and realistic world than this.
>>
My dick.
>>
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
CandyLand
>>
I personally have never fallen through the floor in real life.
>>
The one complaint, graphics wise, I have about Unity is the annoying NPC pop-in. It breaks the immersion to see a woman in the distance wearing something green and when approaching her she suddenly changes into a gray dress.
>>
>>329142913
bait
>>
>tfw the only representation of Revolutionary France that we'll ever see in a video game was in a shitty yearly series that just rehashes the same shitty gameplay over and over
Kill me
>>
>>329143126
I played through Unity a few days ago, didn't encounter a single glitch beyond some NPC standing a foot above the ground once or twice.

/v/ is so full of shit.
>>
>>329142623
Only the map is good
everything else is shit.
I really feel bad for the art and modeling team.
>>
>>329142623
Graphically Unity was a stunning game. Even on consoles.

Shame they had to scale things back moving forward since the consoles are such shit and they started development on this one thinking they'd be better.
>>
>>329143295
So? AC gameplay is pretty good.

It's honestly a pretty good game, just the controls can be kind of hard.
>>
no one actually plays this shit, do they? they cant be THAT stupid? can they?
>>
>>329142913
Not sure about beautiful, but it's more realistic
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>329142623
>Concept art
>The eventually graphical downgrade
lol
>>
>>329143306
>buy it because it's 20 bucks and /v/ is probably full of shit
>read reviews about how they fixed it and it doesn't have problems anymore
>get stuck on every singe pole when Arno goes into a sped up sprint animation and I can't get him out of it
>combat is impossible because he won't take his fucking sword out
>giant seams in all the buildings
>anything a couple dozen yards from Arno is a blurry mess
Clothes look good, though.
>>
>>329143537
It's painfully mediocre. It's not awful, but it's not what I want in a game about the Revolution. The event should take front and center instead of being a poorly-researched backdrop.
>>
>>329143741
That's an in-game screenshot.
>>
>>329144009
Are you playing on console?
>>
>>329144827
Nope.
Also, it's fucking unplayable at 30FPS. I can count the seconds between pushing a button and Arno doing a thing.
>>
>>329143537
They did a bunch of changes in Unity, all of them bad. It's obvious they wanted to focus more on being stealthy but they took almost every tool away. You can no longer whistle to get a guard to investigate so you have to hope they actually come near you or you'll be detected.
Darts now make everyone nearby detect you. Also, guards are psychic and will see you through walls. Snipers are the worst offenders, if one sees you all their friends see you too. And they have a ridiculously large field of view.
Top add to that, they severely gimped the combat, no more human shield, no more combo. So you just get shot at and are powerless to do anything about it.
And even the parkour got a downgrade. Arno is unresponsive and is much more frustrating to control than his predecessors. The possibility to really go up, down or stay on the same level is a good idea but the basic movements are really bad.
Did they fix shit in Syndicate?
>>
>>329144960
That's not a framerate issue, the engine waits for some of Arno animation cue to put player actions in, which feels slow.
>>
>>329144960
Weird, I'm playing on PC and I don't have any of the issues you mentioned.
>>
>>329145138
Lockpicking, too. It's perfectly fine at 60.

>>329144974
The movement is the best in the series.
You now have firecrackers, which is way more useful than whistling. Being able to actually throw shit is amazing.
You can roll to avoid shots, you have to be in combat to use it but you had to be in combat to use human shield, so that's null.
Combat is one of the best in the series.
Syndicate is all around worse.
>>
>>329144974
>So you just get shot at and are powerless to do anything about it.
You can dodge shots actually.

They made the combat a lot harder to encourage using stealth, since in previous titles you could pretty much just forget about stealth and fight through an army. But yeah unfortunately ease of detection by enemies makes the stealth unnaturally hard as well.
>>
>>329145682
The dodging mechanics is shit though. If you're in the middle of an animation, it won't kick in.
I do like that you can't take an army alone any longer but they just made the stealth so shit and frustrating. Also I forgot about double assassinations, which only kick in when you are at the exact angle. Air double assassinations are just near impossible to pull off.
>>
>>329145548
I think one problem is that the game doesn't teach you its mechanics properly. There's no mandatory tutorial for things like dodging shots or firecrackers, so a lot of players never figure out how to play properly.

There's just the training room at Arno's place, but I'm guessing everyone ignores that.
>>
File: ACU versailles small.jpg (4 MB, 4032x2269) Image search: [Google]
ACU versailles small.jpg
4 MB, 4032x2269
>>329143741
This is literally what the game looks like.
>>
>>329146142
Maybe I'm biased, but the game does teach you to press A when the square lights up red. I guess some people just can't handle that amount of logical thinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Unity Paris is definitely one of the most beautifully crafted cities in gaming right now. It's the best part about the game imo
>>
>>329142623

>every enemy just runs away instead of fighting
>>
>>329146524
The multiplayer is a ton of fun too. At least on PC, other players are bros.
Though why the fuck did they put sync points only accessible in multiplayer missions and in completely out of the way, hard to reach locations?
>>
Shame it's a game that only looks good at downsampled 4k on absolute max settings running at sub-30 FPS.
Unlike Battlefront, which looks good even on consoles.
>>
>>329146524
I think the clothes look way better than the city does. Up on the roofs everything is too blurry to say it's one of the most beautiful cities.
>>
AC has fantastic choices for time periods/settings but holy fuck if it isn't the single most boring franchise on earth.
>>
>>329142623
>All the French flags are using the same texture.

Nice job guys. You couldn't spring for two or three textures for the flag?
>>
File: 1454206005782.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1454206005782.webm
3 MB, 900x506
Literally can't.
>>
>>329146883
first game was intredasting but the repetitiveness of missions became annoying, then 2 fixed that, then they just streamlined everything for the next game completely dropping the stealth approach the first game ambitioned to have to focus on buttan=awesum
>>
>>329146794

Played Unity on One

Console multiplayer is fucking garbage, everyone is running like retards and engage combat with every soldier they see
>>
>tfw Assassin's Creed will never look that good again
>>
>>329146393
Is that before or after the characters turn into faceless monsters?
>>
>>329147371
>wait, we still have to optimize these games?
>>
>game set in Paris
>white people walking around
>"realistic"

(you)
>>
>>329142623
> Everyone speaks british in France
> Realistic
>>
>>329147118
I get a feeling that the hair is scripted for the scene.

Looks great though
>>
>>329147997
>every other game features location accurate accents
Altair in the first one was basically just Aladdin, but they fixed him.
>>
>>329147997
You can change the language to French if you like.
>>
According to Steam Unity has co-op. What is it like?
>>
>>329148270
Up to three other people can run around killing everyone while you try to figure out what to do.
Co-op mission are completely separate from the main missions, feature the best gear, and on the hardest ones are damn near impossible to do alone.
Oh, and it's random drops for the gear. You have to beat each one three times to get them all.
If you have friends to play with, it is probably pretty fun to coordinate shit.
>>
File: head.jpg (353 KB, 938x808) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
353 KB, 938x808
>>329142623
Yes, truly beautiful and realistic.
>>
>>329148484
What are those missions like? Standard AC missions like find/kill target and tailing target?
>>
Does it still run like utter shit?

How can an 8320 and 970 run this?
>>
>>329148270
They're lots of fun to play with friends, provided you have a mic and talk during them.
>>
>>329148670
I run it on high on my lenovo gaming laptop. The SSBAO+ or whatever the fuck and that other thing are what take away the most FPS.
>>
>>329148645
They're actually pretty long and varied. Some of the harder ones are doing a set of trials like stealing entry tickets into a tournament, then doing things like agility trials to win it then kill the dude running it. One is protecting a set of incredibly weak women who the enemy targets solely and die in a couple hits. Earlier ones include saving a man from the guillotine then chasing him through a city. They're structured like a regular mission sequence. Since there are 4 people, I don't think that tailing is featured in them.

>>329148670
Yes. I have a 4790K, 8GB of ram, and a 970. Maxed out I get 30FPS even, but it plays like shit. No AA and drop some of the fancy I get 60 which is much nicer.
>>
>>329142623

> France
> real

Wake up op... the matrix has you.
>>
>>329149054
Is there at least FXAA so I can enjoy some AA without raping my FPS
>>
>>329144009
Just put 30+ hours in and completed the story.
High graphics (some specific stuff turned down like contact hardening shadows) but it ran at 60+ FPS at 1440p (980Ti).
Had a blast, really good AC game and also very beautiful. Paris was amazing to go through.
>>
>>329149203
I honestly wasn't too bothered with the AA, but turning on FXAA is a pretty big hit without turning the good looking stuff down.

>>329149241
I'd hope the 980Ti could do well by it, it's 2GB more memory than anything but the Titan had when the game came out.
>>
File: notre dame (2).jpg (2 MB, 4480x2520) Image search: [Google]
notre dame (2).jpg
2 MB, 4480x2520
Knowing real life Paris it kind of blew me away how detailed the map is. The central part is pretty much 1:1, and I could literally think of some random building or little detail I've seen somewhere in real life and go find it in the game.

As much as the Assassin's Creed franchise has its problems, I don't think there's any other that pays this much attention to detail and realism.
>>
>>329149203
Yeah there's regular FXAA which runs fine and looks good, and then there's two more levels above that I think.
>>
Literally can't.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>329148670
They pretty patched and optimized it. Def way better than release
>>
File: Vinewood.jpg (277 KB, 969x408) Image search: [Google]
Vinewood.jpg
277 KB, 969x408
Los Santos, San Andreas in 2011
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.