[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>originally wants to find treasure/some ancient mythical artefact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Nathan-Drake.jpg (814 KB, 1267x1440) Image search: [Google]
Nathan-Drake.jpg
814 KB, 1267x1440
>originally wants to find treasure/some ancient mythical artefact
>always ends up stopping the bad guys in some 'end of the world the stakes have never been higher' situation

Will Uncharted 4 follow this leitmotif?
>>
>>329122951
Yea because ND can't write for shit.
>But, anon....the last of us
Fuck Off
>>
>>329122951
He'll get both treasures this time. Family and fortune. I'm glad that Druckmann and Straley are handling this one. After Hennig changed Drake so much in three I'm looking forward to them fixing it.
>>
I just bought the collection, never touched these before.

I'm currently playing the first, at the but where you have to save what's her fave when the plane goes down and it's so generic and boring.
Does it get better?
>>
>>329123373
I think you are missing the point when it comes to this series. They are pulp adventure games. The writing save for 3 is solid.
>>
>>329123517
Yea. Uncharted 2
>>
File: Nathan Drake.png (148 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
Nathan Drake.png
148 KB, 500x720
The worst part is that ND is completely changing him as a character.

>Uncharted 1
wants to give up and take a ship home after Sully gets shot and he and Elena drive off a bridge into a river, but Elena convinces him to keep going and get the treasure.

>Uncharted 2
Nate wants to give up and go home after getting shot, but Elena convinces him to keep going and get the treasure.

>Uncharted 3
Nothing bad has really happened, so Nate is okay with continuing his journey, but everybody else thinks he has an unhealthy obsession; including Elena.

>Uncharted 4
ND say that the story is about how hobbies turn into obsessions, and obsessions turn into addictions.

Just fuck up Nate more please.
>>
File: image-813634-galleryV9-ghbg.jpg (55 KB, 387x530) Image search: [Google]
image-813634-galleryV9-ghbg.jpg
55 KB, 387x530
>leitmotif
>>
>>329123517
I'm a bit further than you.
The answer is no.
You get a bit of the plot, jump a bit across some ruined fortress, then you see a gigantic field full of covers which means you get about 10-15 swarm of enemies that need to be gunned down.
And that's it, it goes like that for I believe the entire game, something like The Last of Us was.

It's pretty fucking shitty, I can't believe how monotonous it is.
And yes, TLOU was the same. If you're gonna make a game with big emphasis on the story, this isn't the way to go.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9dJZ6Dgx4

looks like it
>>
>>329123650
But should I keep playing 1 or do they summarize the plot in 2?
>>
>>329123517
Yes. Why do people come here to ask that question constantly. Just play the game. Among Thieves is quite good. Three has some really great set pieces, but the characterizations are way off.
>>
>>329123789
Definetly
>>
>>329123789
Honestly, just play 2. All three games are very loosely related plot wise other than main characters returning.

The second game is actually pretty damn good, especially towards the end.
>>
>>329123517
Finished a few weeks ago. It doesn't, it's a setpiece shooter with generic gameplay, bullet sponge enemies and no exploration on a game about exploration.
>>
>>329123607
I think you are missing the point of them being marketed to hell and back as the pinnacle of action-adventure gaming. Pulp is not good for a game that pretends to be a masterpiece. And before you go
> m-muh great gameplay
No. Platforming is shit, as "cinematic" platforming always is. Gunplay is mediocre at best.
>>
>>329123883
Also to add on to that:

>2 is the only Uncharted with a real final boss and not a QTE
>>
>>329123517
As someone who tried to marathon the series and stopped at early 3, I can say that 1 is the worst because the enemies are the definition of bullet sponge

>3 headshots to the face
>guy stumbles down and picks himself up again and take another 4-5 bodyshot before finally getting down

it's fucking ridiculous, I had to melee almost every enemy because it's much faster by that than by gun.
>>
>>329123926
>Claims to be a masterpiece
Like every single other game in the last fifteen years? Maybe your expectations were far too high going in?
>>
File: Nathan_Drake_render.jpg (318 KB, 720x1112) Image search: [Google]
Nathan_Drake_render.jpg
318 KB, 720x1112
>>329122951
Why did Nathan Drake have such a stupid frown on his face during Uncharted 2?

He never had it in any of the other games.
>>
>oh noes, they killed Sully! I'm so angry, time to fight the fire spirits that have finally showed up after hours of build up that there's some supernatural element at work here
>loljk drugs LMAO
>>
>>329124205
I'll take frowny Drake over asian Drake any day of the week.
>>
>>329123373
But anon, The Last of Us was a legitimately well-written game. If it wasn't a shit attempt of a game, it would be a great movie.
>>
>>329124434
To this day I've only finished that game once. A Thief's End will fix it. Sully gets 'killed' in the first game and it barely phased Nate, but in three he will kill 9000 people for him. So glad that Hennig was canned.
>>
>>329124663
Nate thinks his mentor and surrogate father gets killed in 3 and is, understandably, pissed off and you're glad Amy got canned?

It's retarded that he was barely phased in the first game.
>>
>>329124594
The game is fine, but I wish we got a version of The Last of Us with the original balance of power system. Sony's playtesters kept getting their shit pushed in so they got another engineer to fuck it. The original engineer actually made a thread here. He was fucking pissed. He worked on that system for years only to see it murdered by a hack.
>>
>>329124021
UC1 enemies are the fucking worst. What I hated was that they had gymnastic agility with perfect, crackshot aim. Shotgun guys would anally destroy me because usually three faggots behind them are annihilating my health as soon as peek out of cover, allowing them to get close to me. Those waterjet missions were torture because of their goddamn accuracy too.

Also they NEVER EVER flinch for me when I shoot them. It's bullshit how some dick-ass pirate who looks like he hasn't ate in weeks tank shots from a fucking SPAS. Thank God they fixed the gunplay in UC2
>>
>>329124832
That is my point exactly why didn't he flip out over his surrogate father murdered in front of him in the first game? The obvious answer to that question is that he wasn't planned to be his surrogate father. Hennig didn't pay attention to any of the canon. Druckmann did, and that is why she's gone.
>>
>>329124170
Maybe if a game is mediocre it should strive to be better and not stay exactly the same 6/10 mediocrity for three entries. My expectations are not the problem. The problems are within the game and they have to do with its objective quality.
>>
>>329125201
Alright, I see what you mean.

I'm just not thrilled that Uncharted 4 is going for the darker, edgier route with Druckmann.
>>
>>329125054
I still have PTSD over the jet ski segment of Drake's Fortune on crushing.
>>
>>329125279
Well, I'm sorry you don't enjoy them, but I'm sure there are plenty of other games out there that you do enjoy. Personally, I NEVER listen to critics. I get my recommendations from friends. I also will blind buy games.
>>329125291
He's come out a few times and said that this game isn't going to be grimdark. We'll see.
>>
>>329122951
What the fuck is a leitmotif you fucking Nazi
>>
>>329124954
they should've put a new difficulty setting using that original system then. It would've made it a way better game.
>>
>>329125573
Nah, it's okay. I've pirated them anyway, didn't feel that good. I'm stumped that the series is considered something like Indiana Jones of gaming by fucking critics. Critics are shits, I guess.
>>
I hope everybody dies in U4, specially him, I like uncharted but imagine that ending, a big explosion or something big happens and everybody dies, good and bad guys, that would be awesome. Nobody dares to write an ending like that, if ND does that they will ascend to the olympus of vidya games developers.
>>
>>329126895
No
>>
>>329125720
Agreed. They tried to pretend they did with Grounded setting, but they didn't do anything about the AI. If the guy from a couple years was legit, then we know it is impossible. The actually WROTE OVER his AI. They did the same for Uncharted 3 multiplayer. The summer beta was perfect by the end, and then we got the Subway early access and the game wasn't anywhere near what fans wanted. They listened to zero percent of the feedback they got. They spent the rest of the time trying to restore the multiplayer to what it was, and admitted that they wrote over all of it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.