[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it now? The features they added sound all in all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: header[1].jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Is it worth it now?
The features they added sound all in all very cool, but I just couldn't get over the feel back then.
I haven't bought the game, but the emptiness in my heart for another good X is aching
>>
First time I heard about this expansion. Looking at user reviews, it looks promising. I dropped Rebirth almost immediatelly around the time of release.
>>
>>329118996
The game sure pissed me off on release. All I could think was "It's like they took an FPS game, then put it in spess."
>>
>>329118996
Same, but I'm still getting all those News Mails from Egosoft, and with each expansion it sounds better and better.
I still couldn't get over the fact that X-Rebirth was so bad, I felt bad for using my bandwidth to pirate it.
>>
Does anyone know if the demo on the store page is up to the latest patch? I'm interested in this sort of game and want to try it first due to the bad reception it got (too lazy to pirate it tho).
>>
my question is, are you still stuck with the same shitty ship?
>>
I've bought the whole collection but never played it.

Which one should I start with?

Beyond the frontier?
Tension?
X2?
X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude?
X Rebirth?
>>
>>329120475
X3 Albion Prelude.

X3:AP is X3:TC with more content. X:TC is X:R with more content.
>>
>>329120157

yep
>>
>>329121683
thanks for saving me a few bucks i guess
>>
>>329121683
fucking ego. is there any word on a new game that wont be raped to fuck?
>>
So any word on someone who's played since the 4.0 update if its good yet? It looks really interesting and if its updated to be good now I would love to play it
>>
hello
>>
>>329123378
I brought it and playing it right now.
Well I start playing x rebirth at v3.6 and v4.0 is kind of an upgrade.

So far what I see in v4.0:
Capital ship fire lazer at you which is very cool.
Better lighting, (thank god they really fix this.)
Mission bulletin board is very helpful
Haven't try out the new area or the new weapon yet.

Compare to X3:
You only pilot 1 ship
Have all of these cool weapons but can only use 1 at a time(you can't equip multiple guns at the same time)
Universe is smaller but more in density.
Targeting capital ship subsystem is fun.
Boarding ship is easier to understand
Landing on capital ship is cool
Replacing S ships with drones is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>329124593
I havent played X3 I just want a modern first person space game and I hear X Rebirth was absolutely broken on launch but im hoping maybe now it is a good game. So would you say its a good and functioning game?
>>
File: FrontSpeccyBack.jpg (3 MB, 1920x3572) Image search: [Google]
FrontSpeccyBack.jpg
3 MB, 1920x3572
Well I am playing it right now and can tell a few things.

First off, I used to play a lot X3 Terran Conflict and it's huge.

X: Rebirth is a kinda of simplified versione, you can fly only one ship and I read that was bugged as HELL when released and got a very bad rep because of that.

I started playing it in December because new computer (pic related).

When i started it was on 3.6 and i signed for the 4.0 beta.

As far as i can tell it's pretty much polished of game breaking bugs right now and 4.0 it's a big improvement over 3.6 by itself.

In general, worth a try. There are even some tutorials, the X games are famous to have a very steep learning curve. They assume you already know the game. It was shocking at first with X3 even to know what were you doing.

One advice: there's a ship in the game called Sucellus, has a freaking big gun but the game AI can't use it. Install the mod (found on the X:Rebirth community workshop in Steam) called Sucellus IHC Fix, just install it.

The game is very friendly with mods and the community is very active.
>>
I really lost my mind with this game when I captured this one capital during the story and it seemed unable to do anything except for sitting there in space like a dead piece of shit.

In every other X game you would have been able to make use of the captured ship but not here, no. Just stick to your rustbucket and certainly don't give any commands to capitals, nevermind flying them.
>>
>>329124760
>function game
Right now yes.
>good
Well you can be the jew in space but you can't pilot big ass capital ship in space... that's the down side. I would say wait for next month, I heard that ego soft is announcing something, might be a new game.
>>
>>329125127

To be honest what i found lacking a bit is the combat section.
Ok combat is pretty honest by itself and everything but, is somewhat bland compared to the vastness of the game.
I know that this is a game very deep with trading, big freighter ships and stations and whatnot but they could have invested more in my experience with combat, capital ships included.

For example, a big slice of even the very big ships have just few types of guns, shared by every maker/race. A fast and light turret, a slow and heavy one, a lazer-kind, and that's it.
I even bought the biggest of them all (the Fulmekron ) and it's just more of the same soup.

Where are big capital ship guns? Heavy Ion/Plasma cannons? Various kind of missiles flying?
Also, missiles: basically there are 3 kinds of them : dumb, guided, swarm. And one remote controlled.
Visually speaking are all the same, a rod with a blue streak. NO VARIETY.
If anyone of you played FreeSpace 2 can understand the frustration.

All in all it's a good sandbox game but they dun goofed in more than one simple departments.
>>
>>329122859
Rebirth is an experiment. They even implemented newtonian physics to the game to test the waters if people like it.

They said the new X game is going to have more ships but they're still going to support Rebirth with expansions and whatnot.
>>
I'm under the impression that the X series focuses more on trading. How true is that? I already have X3:TC for reference.
>>
File: XRebirth 2016-02-28 08-26-38-713.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
XRebirth 2016-02-28 08-26-38-713.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
someone please help me out I just started and need to repair my ship for the main mission but its greyed out
>>
File: 1449796359188.jpg (48 KB, 391x390) Image search: [Google]
1449796359188.jpg
48 KB, 391x390
>finally an X thread
who filthy rich but still choose the space trucking life here?
>>
>>329127202
>filthy rich but still choose the space trucking life

I kinda want to get these just because of that.
>>
>>329126973
>current balance: 1183
>repair cost: 2512
GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>329127202
I built a shitton of mines but spend most of my time taking missions and flying around in my fighter.
I usually take building contracts.
>>
Just played the demo. The performance doesn't seem very good compared to X3. Yet it looks almost the same.
>>
>>329127767
I love taking combat missions until they started sending M6s and above against me. I just want fighter on fighter dogfighting.
>>
>>329128454
I wrote a script for X3:AP just for that reason. It delevels your fight rank so you can keep flying your M3 or M6 without eventually having to face capital ships.
>>
Rebirth still can't compare to a nicely modded X3:AP.
>>
How does ot compare to AP now?
>>
How's the combat now? I never really got into X, I tried AP, but since I like mainly combat and exploration, AP felt like a floaty gun camera and I couldn't really get into it.

Like >>329126012 says, FreeSpace and Descent kind of ruined any 6DoF games for me since I always hold them in comparison.

Should I give Rebirth Complete a try?
>>
>>329129390
Combat will be the same. This is not a dogfighting space sim, more like a stats-based RPG compared to an action-RPG. It's more about management, building, assembling a fleet and so on.
>>
>>329126012
The thing about the X-series before Rebirth is that it really wasn't about the combat, it was about autismally building your space empire's economy (or use the nvidium exploit) so you could afford fleets of capital ships.

The combat is serviceable, imo. It's fun to wander around in your M7 and deploy a ship out of your hangar if you get into that dogfight mood.
>>
>>329126313
It has more trading components compared to other space game, that's not exactly saying it's focused on that mechanic alone. I once did a "playthrough" of a bounty hunter and never touched the trading mechanic outside selling ships and some loot and did okay.

That said, you will never be as rich as fast compared to space jews.
>>
>>329130482
I don't know about that. Bounty hunting missions seem to be the key to getting rich really quick.
I can make as much money in 30 minutes of headhunting as my passive trading income generates in a day.
Especially bounty hunting missions with low time limit. A mission where you have 5 minutes to kill someone 3 sectors away can pay out 5-10 million credits and it's easy when you can just jump there instantly.
>>
>>329128649
please share senpai
>>
>>329130482
I don't really care about getting rich, I just wanted to make sure focusing on combat is a viable way to play the game before I jump in and try and learn the game.

I've been jonesing for something similar to SWG's space combat for awhile now and this is worth a try.
>>
>>329130843
Invest in shields or you're gonna die a lot.
>>
File: 1410869199587.png (392 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410869199587.png
392 KB, 640x480
Alright /v/

what mods should I use for TC or Reunion
>>
>>329130616
Can you download this?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Zq73grTznNNXd2bXlYaUg1dzA/view?usp=sharing

It's not exactly pretty because I modified some other guys's script and just hacked it together for myself, but it should work.
>>
>>329130904
and watch out for those flamethrowers
>>
>>329131229
Thank you so much!
>>
Hell no.
The only reason why it has positive reviews now is because the only people left are the die-hard fans who for some reason actually like the shit that is X:R.

>still forced to fly the skunk

and into the trash it goes
>>
>bought this on sale yesterday
>first thing I notice is the shitty UI designed for a controller
>>
>>329118597
no
>>
>>329131051
mods will never be enough to perfect X3, you need to autistically search for scripts. A few mods are noteworthy but I forget if these mods are for TC/Reunion or if they're only on X3AP but XRM is amazing, followed by Litcubes Universe mod.
>>
>>329131756

>that fucking furry ship art

why.jpg
>>
File: 1429910035377.jpg (23 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
1429910035377.jpg
23 KB, 294x333
I played X3:AP and I was amazed how 80 hours in I still felt like a rookie
>>
>>329132083
History.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Works
>>
File: 1398788614372.png (59 KB, 133x175) Image search: [Google]
1398788614372.png
59 KB, 133x175
>>329132406
mfw i always thought that was just a KSP mod
>>
>>329131051
For AP, I use
XRM
Avanced Jumpdrive
Advanced Navigation Software
Advanced Thruster Control
Cheat collection
Equipment Research and Development
Freight Distribution Network
Improved boarding
Logan industries capital ship energy generator
Marine Repairs and Training
MARS
Missile safety
Rename ships with expression
Salvage claim software
Salvage insurance contract
Slipstream drive
weapon quickswap
wing hotkeys
commercial agent
numeric ranks
LIFE
HKP missile barrage
bounce
>>
>>329132406

You know exactly what i'm referring to

I'm not getting banned for furshit by posting it here.
>>
>>329132573

Thanks. Is there anything to help with automating some minor shit like pilots/squadron?
>>
>>329132853
I never really bothered with fleets as they just get themselves killed, usually I just micromanage an M2 or M1 as support while I fly an M6 or M7.
There are some mods that help you equip lots of ships at the same time with a template and so on, but I can't help you with that, check the egosoft forums.
>>
>>329133059
Also micromanaging a small wing of bombers or missile frigates can be fun too if you need to take down a target larger than what your ship can handle. Give them a jumpdrive so they can jump in, release their barrage and jump out before they are killed.

But you will pretty much need to set up some complexes for torpedo production in that case.
>>
>>329132603
How do Argons know about skunks? Did Gunne's fleet took some with them when they lured the terraformers away from Earth?
>>
>>329118597
Speaking of spees games.

I need a void to fill me. After 40th replay of Freelancer I need something new. Elite Dangerous is boring as fuck, played X3AP for hundred of hours, Rebirth can suck my balls.

So what else is there? And I refuse to pay for Star Citizen until it gets fully released
>>
>>329133381

And this is where I collapse

I love the idea of interconnecting complex systems, but setting them up and maintaining them is frustratingly obtuse.

I'd love to call in capships to help me, but...

>>329133490

I'd say it was more 'german furry on the dev team' given how sexualised it is.
>>
>>329133490
Argons are Terrans, anon. And again the skunk and its emblem is a reference to Skunkworks.
>>
>>329134076
It's not hard. Use a complex calculator to make sure the complex can sustain itself.

Btw it's kind of cheating, but you can use Freight Distribution Network mod to massively simplify the whole thing. On my nth playthrough I got sick of having to plan out large complexes and started to use it.

Basically it removes complexes and connects all of your mines, power plants and factories with some imaginary faster than light supply network.
You have a massive central storage, and it automatically teleports raw materials, food and energy to factories from it, and collects the products. It removes the need to have a fleet of transporters to move materials between sectors.
>>
>>329131051
MARS if you want to have your turrets hit things
>>
>>329134654
I thought MARS was officially added in an update.
>>
>>329134767
Was it? Because it's a godsend if you're in a cap ship.
>>
>>329133921
What kind of space game are you looking for?
3D ones only?
>>
File: Argon Terrorist.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Argon Terrorist.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
So who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>329133921
Starsector if you want something different.
>>
>>329118597
no,
>>
>>329135368
I still don't understand why she attacked based Terran masterrace. Because of that now we don't have the awesome Torus station anymore, and the Argon/Boron gonna get fucked by superior Terran warships.
>>
>>329135368
When in doubt, it's always the jews.
So, Teladi.
>>
>>329129791

Yeah but on Rebirth they could have spiced combat up a bit.

I know that those "economy sandboxes" games are an autist jew dream, but even with resources and whatnot, building takes time.
A LOT OF TIME. So i can be autist as much as i can but how to spend this idle time?
I could fire SETA (an ingame time accelerator, if you don't recall) and wait or do some combat.

And when doing combat, some effects/variety/eye candy is appreciated very much.
>>
I don't mind the fact that you are limited to one customizable ship. I got X3, if I want to fuck around with other ships.

But have they fixed all those other issues with Rebirth? Can I finally use my fucking joystick with this game? Are the glitches and other stupid shit fixed?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.