[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Calls you his brother your entire life >Trains you and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Xander_portrait.png (454 KB, 522x578) Image search: [Google]
Xander_portrait.png
454 KB, 522x578
>Calls you his brother your entire life
>Trains you and treats you like family
>Instantly becomes a bloodthirsty maniac as soon as you tell him your father tried to kill you
>Instantly tries to murder you
>In later chapters even starts doing the crazy "I'm going to kill you little prince!" psychopathic nonsense

WTF man?

Ryoma at least only tries to knock you down and seperate you from Nohr, he makes it clear he has no interest in killing you- and he hasn't seen you since you were a child.

Xander helped raise you and he's practically foaming at the mouth the moment he sees you!
>>
>he thinks Treehouse's tumblr script is canon
>>
>>329112381
>>329112523
>they play FE for the story
>>
>>329112747

Well if you're playing for the characters, the character is that Xander is an insane psycho while Ryoma at least treats you like family.
>>
>>329112747
>he plays FE for the gameplay
It's a shame this shit series lives on thanks to waifus when good srpg series are dead
>>
>Xander
You mean Marx
>>
Nohr bad, Hoshido good.
>>
Everything about fates' plot is pants on head retarded with lots of contrived bullshit, situations that could be solved if people just talked for a second, and everyone doing tons of illogical crap.
To be fair nobody in Japan can write worth a damn.
>>
>>329113437
>situations that could be solved if people just talked for a second
To many stories out there suffers this
>>
>>329113437
>>329113552
FATHER IS NEVER WRONG
>>
>>329113437

At least the Birthright path isn't too bad with this. You do sit down and convince all your sibblings, they struggle to believe you, but they do at least listen and ultimately change their minds.

Nohr is just retarded, it's a dumb choice.
>>
>>329113784
That's because there is no sane reason to choose Nohr. Any normal person would go to Hoshido and ask his Nohr siblings to come/work with him.
>>
>>329113981

It seems to me the third option is equally retarded, but mostly because the Hoshido option is just so clearly correct. Why choose a middle ground when one side is just blatantly right?

That said, I haven't played it and for some reason it won't let me purchase it. Do I need to beat Birthright/Conquest before I can even purchase it?
>>
>>329113981
>Betraying the people who love and raised you

???
>>
>>329114083
I bought Birthright and before I even started playing, I bought the Conquest expansion pack.
>>
>>329113981
Any sane person wouldn't join Hoshido. What, some nips come out of nowhere and tell you to come with them because they're your real family?
>>
>>329114137

Except you don't betray them, you tell them to stand down and 3/4 of them instantly start trying to murder you. Xander especially makes it his life's mission to mount your head on his wall.

You know for a fact that they're in the wrong and that Nohr is commiting terrible acts.

Hell the game even tells you this, when you return to the palace Garon is shocked to see you, because you'd have to be a fucking idiot to return after how clearly setup you were. He directly points out how stupid it would be to choose Nohr when you know for a fact they're wrong.
>>
>>329113437
>To be fair nobody in the videogame industry can write worth a damn.
Fixed for you.
>>
>>329113245
>this mad
lel please tell me what a good SRPG series is
>>
>>329114137
kek

Other than Elise, the Nohr siblings betray you by not trusting you at all.
>>
>>329114442
XCOM
>>
>>329114442
Not him but Tactics Ogre
>>
the stories shit. hoshido isnt even your real family, so they lie to you and you get played for a fiddle

the games plot is a joke
>>
>>329114257
>Explain to you they're your real family.
>Show plenty of proof of this, including introducing your mother.
>Treat you like family instantly, all clearly pained/regrettful of the time apart.
>Explain how they have a system in place that prevents the insane Norhians from attacking them. Literally they have to have a defense system just to stop unprovoked aggression.
>Speak of the Devil, no sooner has that happened than your mother is assassinated and you're almost killed in the blast. From the sword your father gave you. When his henchman clearly set you up to be captured.

Yeah. Any sane person would join Hoshido rather than the people who literally just tried to get you killed.

And hey, what's the first thing that happens when you return back to Nohr? "Xander, kill Corrin!"
>>
>>329114460
X-COM 2 just came out, he said dead series.

>>329114484
Fair enough, I'll admit FE doesn't really hold a candle to Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>329114442
FFTactics + Advance
Vandal Hearts
Ring of Red
Arc the lad
Tactics Ogre + Ogre Battle

It's a big world out there nintoddler.
>>
>>329114612
Genealogy of the Holy War shits on all of those except FF:T and Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>329114673
That might mean something if I believe you even played them and aren't just a mad fanboy
>>
>>329114508
>the stories shit. hoshido isnt even your real family, so they lie to you and you get played for a fiddle
>Being this retarded

Did you read the plot, or did you just read what retards wrote on 4chan?

>Not your real family

Yes they are. Your mother is from Hoshido and married the goddamn King of Hoshido. You're Hoshidoan.

>Not related

Yes you are. They're your step-sibblings, related by marriage. And none of them are trying to trick you about this, only Ryoma even knows that they're not your half sibblings, Hinoka and Sakura only find out when they're feeling guilty about having fallen in love with you.

>Lie to you

Not once do any of them lie to you.

>Play you like a fiddle.

Again, none of them lie, none of them trick you. They treat you like family and all of them think of you as family (and, funnily enough, you ARE family, by marriage if not by blood). Only Ryoma knows you're not truly his blood related brother and he couldn't care less, he makes no issue of it and doesn't tell the others, because you're family to him.

Hinoka literally makes it her life's mission to save you. She becomes a Sky Knight and becomes strong just to try save you, she risked her life again and again as a kid trying to rescue you. Sakura was misarable about having lost you, she's always felt guilty about you being taken and has only ever wanted to be family with you once more.

Meanwhile... Camilla's a fucking axe-crazy lunatic and Xander's frothing at the mouth to run you through.
>>
>>329114518
What was the proof though? This woman you've never met says she's your mom?
>>
>>329114731
Whatever you say buddy. You're the one trying to talk up muh hidden gems that wish they could touch GoTHW.
>>
>>329114748
All worth it for that titty monster though
>>
I don't think the trailers could have been any clearer. "Peace-loving Hoshido" and the "glory-seeking Nohr". You're siding with the good guys or the bad guys. It's not just the good guys and the other good guys. Yeah, one set of bad guys thinks they're doing what is right for them, but even they realize that they're the aggressors.
>>
File: 1434050145497.png (198 KB, 216x357) Image search: [Google]
1434050145497.png
198 KB, 216x357
>Choose conquest first
>Oh boy, time to let loose my inner edgelord
>MC won't allow anyone to be killed
>He's just a generic "I'll change people for the better" faggot
>>
>>329114748
>Camilla's a fucking axe-crazy lunatic who is obsessed about you

This makes her best girl.
>>
File: 1420043701954.png (184 KB, 475x479) Image search: [Google]
1420043701954.png
184 KB, 475x479
>>329112381
>Xander
>>
>>329115243
The worst part of the game. Is it too much to ask to run around dominating shitty civilizations with qt waifu's for world domination
>>
>>329114748
Your mother isn't from Hoshido, she's the sister of Azura's mother and they fled from Valla. Both are the second wives to the King's of Hoshido and Nohr.
>>
>>329115403
Why is reading so hard for you mentally challenged fuckwits? He said by marriage. Step family.
>>
>>329112381
>betraying your family for people you had only known for a day

you deserve it you traitor faggot
>>
>>329115745
Nohrfags really are underage. That's why IS put the shitty virgin bait character Camila there.
>>
>>329115745

Again, have you played the game? It makes it clear you've spent time in Hoshido by the time the marketplace blows up, at least a few days probably a week or so.

Also

If they're your family, why are they so eager to kill you?

>Betray Hoshido: Ryoma wants to knock you to your senses and take you home.

>Side with Hoshido: Xander and Camilla want to kill you and gut you like a fish. Leo isn't much better.
>>
File: 1451007172001.jpg (7 KB, 165x211) Image search: [Google]
1451007172001.jpg
7 KB, 165x211
At first I really hoped both paths would feel right and it ends as a decision that cant be right or wrong and both sides have a point. Instead I get one objectively right and wrong side. Guess Ive overestimated Japan. Hell, the very first thing I saw after choosing Nohr was "yo, kill that fucker *evil laughter*".

>>329116172
>Side with Hoshido: Xander and Camilla want to kill you and gut you like a fish. Leo isn't much better.
To be fair, all of them act nicer towards the end. It was still retarded as fuck how Xander acted where he killed Elise
>>
>>329116552
pretty standard pro-japanese propaganda
>>
>>329116813
pretty standard murrikan crying that white man is correctly portrayed as evil
>>
>>329117806
youre fishing in empty waters, friend
>>
>Crimson dies in every route except Hoshido
goddamnit
>>
>>329114803
You literally remember being abducted...that's pretty substantial fucking proof.
>>
>>329115507
Just because your mother married their father doesn't mean they're your family, they're pretty much strangers that barely know you.
>>
>Peace loving Japanese and Deonic Westerners

The only way it could have been less subtle is if Nohr had Nuclear Weapons.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.