[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, anon. January 31st is fast approaching, which means,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: tax_return_360_18s4kr3-18s4ksi.jpg (76 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
tax_return_360_18s4kr3-18s4ksi.jpg
76 KB, 360x270
Alright, anon.

January 31st is fast approaching, which means, it's time to file your tax return and get back some of the money you paid to the government.

How much do you think you're getting back and what are you blowing it all on?

>New Motherboard
>Crossfiring two 6950's since I have one and was given a second for free, fuck buying a new card.
>New Couch and TV for my living room since I don't own a couch or second TV.
>Considering subscribing to LootCrate for the sake of getting a chance at a few cool vidya-related memorabilia to shove around my new condo.
>One, perhaps two new monitors and a wallmount for them.
>A desk and chair since I currently just lie in bed with my monitor leaned up against my tower next to me.
>>
I'm probably gonna get like $50 back because I don't overpay anymore like a minimum wage pleb

So I guess I'll use it for gas money
>>
>>324381974
I was thinking about blowing it on a Core i7 build so I can emulate more powerful games, but eh I dunno anymore. I was going to buy a PS4, but I don't know about that either. I thought about a new TV, but my TV is still perfect for what I use it for.

So I'll probably just stick it in my pocket until something surfaces that doesn't suck.
>>
>america
we do that in april
and get money back (if you get money back) in june
>>
I'm gonna get a new TV, 24 inches just isn't cutting it for me
I'm looking at a 40 inch Samsung with all the buzzwords: 4K, 3D, Curved
If I don't get as much as I thought I would get, I'll drop the curved part because Samsung makes the exact same tv just not curved
>>
>>324383298
>not filing as soon as you get your W-2
>not getting direct deposit so you get your refund in a week or two

That said, I'll probably get jack and shit, because I'm outside of the piss-poor income level that allows me to get some big-ass credit.
>>
You can tell how many poor people visit /v/ just from this thread because they're happy about overpaying the government

Fucking dumbasses
>>
>>324381974
>have so little savings that you can't do these purchases when you need them
>blow potential savings right away
Stop fucking up the world economy, americans
>>
>>324381974
>getting enough on your tax returns to pay for a motherboard, couch, tv, lootcrate subscription, two monitors, a desk and a chair
how much money do you fucking make
>>
I haven't had a job in over a year so I'm not doing a damn thing.
>>
Nigger tier - Multiple thousands of refund due to EIC
Normie tier - High refund due to never touching W4s and various deductions and credits
High Test Tier - As close as possible to zero balance
Balls of Steel Tier - Withholding as little as possible to ensure that you owe just enough to not be penalized for underwithholding

I file Schedule C for some minimal amounts so no balls of steel for me. I don't need the potential headache.
>>
>>324383694
t. underage
>>
>>324381974
>LootCrate
I want normies to fuck off back to Reddit
>>
>my dad does my taxes
I feel kinda bad about it, but he doesn't want me to have to deal with it until I'm done my associate's and out of the house.
How do I into the IRS, /v/
>>
>>324381974
Most likely spend everything going out with a tiny asian to finally get to bring her home an fuck her for 2 straight hours
>>
I'll use it to build a PC. The laptop I'm using now is ancient.
>>
>>324384441
Are you dating a prostitute, anon?
>>
>>324384152
Generally you either
>take a course/have someone who knows how to do it teach you
>buy software that does it for you
>pay someone to do it for you

At its core, filing your taxes is actually pretty easy, but it's also easy to make mistakes which can fuck up your return or worse.
>>
File: at last I truly see.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
at last I truly see.png
33 KB, 255x216
>tfw living on my own for the first time
>tfw didnt know you got money back from your taxes until now
>tfw have no idea how to file my taxes and have no recollection of my pay since I only started working irregularly a few months ago

what do
>>
>>324384152
IRS has plenty of instructional stuff out there, and particularly given your case (not yet having a college degree), you can probably figure out what to do in a few minutes. In fact you might quality to file using 1040EZ, which is indeed really easy to fill out.

Enter W2 on a line, reduce that and other earnings by standard deduction and exemption, determine taxable income from that, determine tax from taxable income, net tax against withholding, done.

Look over the 1040 instructions and I guess Publication 17 if you have more questions, but I bet just the former would be enough.
>>
>>324384854
If worse comes to worse, make an appointment with a tax preparation service. Only do this if you suck at doing research.
>>
>>324384807
>>324385062
thanks, anons
>>
>>324383426
Drop the 3D too, its a gimmick
>>
>>324384854
Try to recreate your earnings in a journal format as best as you can and file it as Schedule C self employment income.

If that's all you have in income and you have no withholding, you will likely have a net balance to owe and no refund.
>>
>>324384854
Your employer is legally required to send you a copy of your W2 for them, which records your pay for last year. (unless you've been getting paid under the table, in which case, you won't be filing anything)

It sounds to me like you've probably made less than $5k unless it pays really good, so you'll probably get all of your tax withholdings back.
>>
>>324384676
As far as I know, no
>>
>>324385284
Then why do you have to shell out tax-return sized dosh on a date in order to fuck her?
>>
>>324385189
Nah
I'm embracing it
>>
>>324385342
Because I live alone and I have expenses. Extra money always helps. I should get a better job and rethink my life decisions
>>
>>324385221
He possibly could be a contractor and would have everything reported on a 1099 MISC, if they're being proper.
>>
I'm probably going to have to pay. I always get paranoid about this stuff.
>>
>>324385836
"Everyone" pays. The question to be answered is if you paid in advance (through withholding and accounting for credits) or not.

Having a refund is nothing to be proud of. You should want your money. You earned it.
>>
>mfw no idea how to do or pay my taxes
Never got taught how to, the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
>>324385463
3D is a stupid fucking gimmick and everybody knows it.

>>324386228
Google it. Why do you need to be spoonfed?
>>
>>324386228
As said before, read the instructions on the Forms. Read the 1040 Instructions (to the extent that something applies to you, don't read it like a book). If you have one, read the back of your W2. It tells you what to do with each box value. Go from there.
>>
>Freelance write for a living
>Get absolutely fucked come tax day because 15% self-employment tax on top of normal state+federal taxes
>Made about 32k last year, so will probably pay about 6k in taxes since i have few deductible expenses.
Fuck this.
>>
Why does stupid shit like this even exist? How can you overpay your taxes? Why are you getting the money back?
Can't they just take a flat percentage off your wages and be done with it?
I don't want to deal with this bullshit. Just fuck off with this crap.
>>
File: 1452907440386.jpg (46 KB, 417x487) Image search: [Google]
1452907440386.jpg
46 KB, 417x487
>>324381974
>LootCrate

Fuck off.
>>
I'm getting 2200 back and I'm buying an engagement ring with it. Been with her for 5 years and no kids. Wish me luck guys!
>>
>>324386671
>Why does stupid shit like this even exist?
Because whenever tax reform is brought up professional tax services companies along with tax software companies lobby against it harder than you could even imagine.
>>
>>324381974
>Lootcrate
Kill yourself my good man.
>>
>>324381974
I've already done my taces and I am getting back $4800 with state included. My 2 kids are my credit babbies
>>
>>324386381
Yes and?
>>
>>324386671
Because there are deductibles.

My taxes are usually spot on out of my paycheck, but my college fund died because of a bad investment manager. This let's me carry over capital losses that offset the taxes I paid.
>>
>>324386787
Why would you spend over 2k for a ring? Serious question, I don't see the point. Same goes for the wedding and other random parties
>>
>>324386956
Because real life, kiddo.
>>
>>324386956
There's some arbitrary rule that you have to spend 2 months salary on the engagement ring.
>>
Thanks anon I just did it in like 20 minutes.

Got a little over 1k in federal and ~200 in state returns.

I going to save it for the downpayment on a car for when my current lease ends.
>>
>>324385656
No way, IRS really started cracking down on 1099s. A part timer like anon would not be worth the trouble.
>>
>>324386671
>How can you overpay your taxes?
By having the total of credits and withholding exceed tax liability.
>Why are you getting the money back?
Because you allowed credits and withholding to exceed your tax liability.
>Can't they just take a flat percentage off your wages and be done with it?
They could, but that would be a regressive flat tax system, and it would eliminate the various means in which the government softly endorses certain actions and lifestyles (having children, owning a house).

The income tax laws are one of the strongest ways the government has to tell people what they "should" do, as opposed to normal laws which dictate what they "may" do.
>>
File: 1361507921627.gif (258 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1361507921627.gif
258 KB, 500x380
>LootCrate
You tried.
>>
>>324386956
Because try taking under $1500 to a jeweler and see how shitty of a ring you can get.
>>
>>324387110
True, but I just like to put the possibilities out there rather than say with full certainty that only X situation applies.

I'm an Enrolled Agent, and I'm well couched in making my language as non-specific as possible without having the actual numbers to work with. There's always unstated variables at play.
>>
Not much and it'll all be going to my paying of credit cards and paying back my brother money I borrowed.
>>
>>324386790
They can keep their shit to themselves. All I want is to earn money so I can survive. I shouldn't have to deal with some intrusive government nonsense that's too abstract to decipher.
I don't know anything about this. I don't know anything. In school I learned about fucking Hitler, useless math, physics, slavery and white guilt. No one taught me how taxes work. The government can fine me for not filling their stupid tax return paperwork, but they didn't even bother to teach me what that stuff even is.
I am really not enjoying big government. Even something as simple as going to a doctor is a paperwork nightmare. I can't even get a prescription for anti-depressants because I need to pull 20 different documents out of my ass and pee in a cup before I can even smell the fart of a GP.
>>
>>324381974
dont work but i will be using the rest of my finical aid for a cheap ass ps4
>>
File: SKU110273.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SKU110273.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>324387245
What's wrong with regular engagement rings? Too lazy to find prices online, I know jewlery is expensive
>>
>>324387485
Because bitches want diamonds. Even if they day they dont, they do. They want something to wear around that makes other bitches jealous. That's literally it.
>>
Finally your taxes is incredibly easy, the anon above explaining it is making it sound way harder than it is.

You dont own properly, or a business. You're not married and you don't have kids.

This means all you got to do is copy the info on your W-2 l where it tells you to on the website and that's literally it. You might have to do some math like division. It's easy anons.
>>
>>324387579
Sounds like people in general
>>
>>324387579
>Implying bitches can tell real diamonds from fake ones
>>
>>324381974
Turbotax is the best videogame

It pays me for playing well
>>
>>324387363
>The government can fine me for not filling their stupid tax return paperwork, but they didn't even bother to teach me what that stuff even is.
There's an overabundance of material out there, officially from the IRS and otherwise, to tell you what to do. The government can't force you to learn something.

I do agree that there should be a straight-up tax course in schools, and have it count for a language course as much as a math course. A legitimate complaint about school in general is that they don't teach about anything that matters, and such a course would be a strong way to change that.
>>
>>324387796
They can if they get it tested. And they WILL get it tested. Trust me.
>>
>>324387796
>>324387842
Any jewelry store will do it for free.
>>
>>324387702
I don't want to shill, but turbotax just asks you very basic questions in plain english and asks you to copy the boxes from your W-2. If you're a retard and need help just go to fucking H&R block and pay em 40 dollars.
>>
>never had a job
>been NEET since 16
>turn 21 this year

What are taxes?
>>
Heres hoping for some fightsticks deals when SF5 is out.
>>
File: 192.jpg (13 KB, 225x235) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
13 KB, 225x235
>tax return
>overpaying taxes
>not telling your place of employment to stop automatic deductions
>Not just taking your money and saving/investing it, setting aside a little bit for tax season.

Yeah, ok /v/, enjoy giving the government an interest-free 12-month loan.
>>
>>324387950
Still have to file even if you don't work, nigger. Irs gonna be looking for you.
>>
>>324387579
Don't marry a bitch then?
>>
>>324388023
not American
>>
>>324388032
If she was I wouldn't be marrying her. I was using the term bitches loosely.
>>
>>324388007
>interest-free 12-month loan
I don't even bother writing it like that, because the typical dumbass response is "whoopee I lost two dollars of interest, who fucking cares?".

Drive the point home that they are letting someone else hold their money. They have worked for their money. They have earned their money. They should want as much of their money as possible.
>>
>>324387818
>The government can't force you to learn something.
So public schooling doesn't exist? Government forces you to pay for schools and it forces you to go to school. They force you to learn about stupid shit like WW2 and you're telling me they can't force me to learn something that might be useful in my life, like how taxes work and how they will apply to my life?
If government didn't bother telling me about this shit I should not be looking it up myself and figuring it out. I don't have the patience to learn this shit because the government doesn't allow me to deal with my mental issues. I can't just see a doctor and say ''oy, I think I have ADD and depression, hook me up with drugs''. Can't fucking do that. I need paperwork that I don't have. In a capitalist society I'd simply pay a doctor to deal with it.
>>
File: 1439225983790.jpg (14 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1439225983790.jpg
14 KB, 620x465
Just, uh, hypothetically speaking, what happens if tax season rolls around and you're flat broke?
>>
>>324387936
Yeah, TurboTax is what I use. I didn't mention it because I didn't wanna get called a shill. Hell, they just introduced some new feature where you take a picture of your W-2 and it fills everything in for you.
>>
>>324388425
You are bankrupt
congratulations
>>
>>324388023
This is so wrong. You don't have to file if you're not employed. Hell, even if you are, if you make under a certain threshold you still don't have to file.
>>
>>324387363
School taught you how to read, this allows you to look up the information yourself
You're a big boy now
>>
>>324388529
This. Out of high school Ibwas sporadically employed for a few years and never had to file. I only started 2 years ago. Hell, I didn't get my first big refund till last year.
>>
>>324388539
I'd rather kill myself than learn their nonsense.
>>
>>324388539
>School taught you how to read, this allows you to look up the information yourself
How does this not apply to stuff like history and arts as well? Is it impossible to critique the curriculum of schools as long as they teach you to read since you can just read up on whatever yourself?
>>
>>324386787
Good luck anon!
>>
File: 1452410441026.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452410441026.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>324386787
>Getting scammed

Lol.
>>
>>324388701
Of course it does and like every educational system in the world needs an overhaul to account for the information age. That doesn't make bitching and moaning aboout how nobody is spoonfeeding you any better, though.
>>
>>324388391
What I meant in writing that is that the government cannot literally crack your head open and compel you to have something be absorbed by your brain. Again, I do agree that tax instruction should be a standardized school course, but that's an issue with the schooling standards as opposed to what laws the government has in place regarding everything in life and how we learn about them.
>If government didn't bother telling me about this shit I should not be looking it up myself and figuring it out.
Again, common forms like standardized W2s will have instructions on the back that will tell you what to do with each box. The Forms you report those W2 amounts on will also have their own instructions. The government is in fact "telling you about this shit".

>>324388425
Nothing. No income to report, no withholding to account, no requirement to file.
>>
File: Pachirishutdown.png (770 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
Pachirishutdown.png
770 KB, 1000x680
>>324387156
Why does the government have to endorse shit? We're overpopulated. They should be gunning down kids in the street, not encouraging the creation of more.
>>
>>324381974
I'm blowing it all over your mom, then use the money to buy some PC parts.
>>
>>324386787
See ya regretting that purchase in 5 years tops dumbass
>>
>>324388951
Our government already does that anon, just only in the third world.
>>
>>324388951
Yeah, because that will really help the economy. If anything, old people should be removed.
>>
If i walk into my local irs office, municipal building, and county sheriff and yell "I AM A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN" at the nearest employee did i activate the cheat code that makes me not pay taxes? Should i also tell this to amilitary gate id checker for good measure? Who should i tell at a state level?
>>
>Liquor
>More games I might never play
>>
>>324383298
>April

Nigga you can start filing for taxes starting the 19 of this month.
>>
800 to 1000 cause shitty job won't let me choose how much I withhold. I have a set of options of how much I can withhold but since I don't make squat, even with paying the lowest amount I can, I get most of it back.

Last year, I only had to pay like $30 because paying student loans, paying for school, min wage, etc. It's fucking stupid.

Don't honestly know. I don't have any big purchases I want at the moment.

Might buy a new keyboard

>>324384152
If you make minimum wage, I'd recommend doing it yourself. If you do it with your parents, there's a chance, you don't really know how much you should be getting back without already doing it yourself.

If you don't work, then you don't need to do taxes. Just let your parents claim you

If you make more than min wage and have investments and shit, pay somebody to do it.

If you work min wage, IRS lists a bunch of websites that do it for free online. You just have to input your information.
>>
>>324388951
Actually, the world as a whole isn't overpopulated, although there are certain areas that you could say are. The US could very comfortably sustain a larger than current population though.
>>
>>324389224
Dude, just yell it at your computer. The NSA is already listening and they'll pass on the message for you
>>
File: Jigglymaid.jpg (46 KB, 532x360) Image search: [Google]
Jigglymaid.jpg
46 KB, 532x360
>>324389204
Old people make money, kids drain money. Kids are worse for the economy.
>>
>>324389224
http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html
>>
>>324389438
kids are an investment, they are a drain that eventually turns into a profit
>>
>>324389331
>US isn't overpopulated
That's not what the housing market prices say
>>
File: Cat is disapointed.jpg (22 KB, 247x232) Image search: [Google]
Cat is disapointed.jpg
22 KB, 247x232
>>324389438
since when? Most of them are mooching off social security and overburdening Medicare and Medicaid with all the problems that comes with old game.

Sure you have the rich people, but they are called the 1% for a reason.
>>
>>324389591
Everyone of my peers are in huge college debt, living with their parents, and working minimum wage jobs and suicidal. Some investment.
>>
>>324389627
The housing market is an economic, supply and demand issue. It has nothing to do with overpopulation.
>>
>>324388951
The third world that doesn't affect the first world you're presumably living in is overpopulated, the first world is declining however

You best starting to that one girl you might like for the sake of your economy
>>
I break even and get nothing back. Meanwhile, people with kids get like 6 grand back and et complete nigger rich
>>
>>324388861
>The education system needs to be updated with more relevant curriculum
>Dont you complain about the education system needing to be updated with more relevant curriculum though!
>>
>>324389847
They are still making the government money unfortunately.
>>
>>324389847
Stop hanging out with emos bruh

>>324389938
Just adopt like 7 kids and let them hang out in your basement
>>
I'm moving to a SF for a job soonish. Going to use it to fund my move and my first month there. Sadly, no vidya. I already filed though. I like being on top of my taxes.
>>
>>324389895
More people = more demand and less supply.
>>
>>324389627
The US just had a housing bubble pop. Bubbles indicate an overabundance of supply, which means we're not exactly short on houses.

You're stupid.
>>
>>324389995
That's not what I said
>>
If you need to rely on a tax return in order to purchase frivolous gadgets you can't actually afford them. Find a proper use for it, or put it into the bank until the day you need it.
>>
File: korndolences.jpg (33 KB, 186x250) Image search: [Google]
korndolences.jpg
33 KB, 186x250
>>324390029
>>
>>324389396
But today is a national holiday and no federal employees are working today. Who at NSA can I call to confirm my deceleration, tomorrow?
>>
>>324390035
If only it was that simple
>>
>>324389847
>Tax money drained by military
>College? Pay for it yourself :)
USA USA USA
>>
>>324389438
Old people need to make young people so there'll be someone to pay for their benefits when they're retired
>>
>>324390145
Just call Obama, or do it tomorrow. IRS doesn't even accept taxes till then.
>>
>>324390035
More like the houses cost too much for the people to afford.
>>
>worked some on iceland a few years ago
>got loads of money in tax return
>can't transfer money from iceland online
>sill have all that money there
>>
>>324390068
Yeah, it was. You acknowledged that the problem the guy had was valid, you just dont think he should complain about it
>>
>>324390035
have you even taken a basic economics class of some type?

I mean you're implying to everyone here you don't because of all the retarded shit you're letting leak through your teeth but still
>>
>>324381974
I paid 3k last fucking year, so i will be paying a bit more this year too.

Fuck you, poor scum.
>>
Started working in october and got $117.53 back
probably gonna save it for phone payments
I already bought xcom 2 which is the only game i want but i still gotta figure out what i want in a new pc build
>>
I don't get any money back because I defaulted on my student loans. Feels bad man.
>>
>>324390354
I said that bitching about it won't help him fix the problem while he got the skillset to fix the problem
>>
>>324390326
Do they not have banks that trade with the world or something? Why not just go over, cash out, then trade it for real money?
>>
>>324390406
>phone payments
You are already making payments on
>cars
>rent/mortgage
>bills
Why add another monthy fee? Just buy your device off contract.
>>
>>324390270
>tfw old people have so much of their savings tied up in their houses because they were always told it was a safe investment
>tfw no one can even afford to buy them, so they're effectively worthless

I wonder if there's gonna be a crash like no other in another decade or two. So much property is going to simply sit unused otherwise.
>>
>>324390394
lol middle class.

>>324390472
Sorry man.

>>324390579
>>324390406
Or just pay off your phone in one go, you're wasting money by paying it monthly.
>>
>>324386581
I'm in a similar boat, I was a contractor from February through may of 2015. I worked part time at Walmart jan-Feb and started teaching part time as a substitute from around November until present. I made roughly 11k from the contracting work and much less from subbing and walmart of course. Problem is I ate up the money I earned from contracting during that period of no work may through November. I thought contracting was going to start back up in September or so but it didn't, so I am trying to make money subbing just to pay off my taxes at this point. I am probably going to owe like 2 to 2.5k and I might not have it by April so I will need to open a payment plan or something, shit sucks.
>>
>>324390748
That depends on how much you talk. If you really use your phone a lot, the contract will probably end up cheaper than prepaid in the end, with all the free minutes and shit.
>>
>he thinks the government is giving him free money

hehe good goy, good little wagecuck
>>
>>324387579
Kinda, sorta. My mom still bitches about the ring my dad got her even though she loves him. She calls it her cigar ring. She is jealous of the ring I got my wife.

Advice: try searching around at an Indian or Pakistani jewlery store. They dont sell rings under 22k gold excluding what holds the diamonds in place. And since they import the rings from their homeland, the cost is pretty much for the value of gold, diamond, import fees and little on labor. Significantly better bang for your buck. As well, if the bitch leaves you, you will get far more money back from it for being more real gold than the shit 14k or 18k western companies sell at extortion prices.
>>
>>324390961
No, you misunderstand. The phone payments are things such as att next. Where you make monthly payments on a 600+ cell phone where you can just get an off contract nexus or huawei for 400.
>>
I only worked 9 months, therefore I get around 1200 Euro back. I won't spend it on anything though. I quit my job and go to university now, I need that money to feed myself and pay the rent...maybe I'll get the DaS3 special edition. I want that map.
>>
File: download.png (9 KB, 174x204) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9 KB, 174x204
>>324391017
>>
File: 1385535719506.png (101 KB, 583x268) Image search: [Google]
1385535719506.png
101 KB, 583x268
>>324391174
>>
File: 1365315783601.jpg (52 KB, 524x451) Image search: [Google]
1365315783601.jpg
52 KB, 524x451
Probably wouldnt get a refund because I didnt have health insurance throughout all of last year. It was a cheaper option for me to pay the penalty then take one of the plans.
>>
File: 1422176578548.jpg (81 KB, 680x462) Image search: [Google]
1422176578548.jpg
81 KB, 680x462
>>324381974
>LootCrate
us gamers, huh?
>>
Might get a PC and Xbone

Xbone because W10 sounds worse than Xbone
>>
>>324391971
There are countries (one country?) where you have to pay a penalty if you have no health insurance?
>>
>>324392417
Obamacare
>>
>>324385284
Lol you tard
>>
>>324381974
ITT: poorfag general

you faggots spend money like nerd niggers and then are so broke you vote for bernie.
>>
>>324392480

Blame Republicans for that, they came up with Obamacare because they're too afraid of "communist" socialized healthcare like every other first world country
>>
Not sure how much I'm getting back this year, but I had half of my income tax taken last year erroneously so I'll be getting that for 600 at least.

Honestly debating on a DXRicer because this staples chair is uncomfortable as fuck now. Just wore down really fast.
>>
>>324392417

Murrica.

You're required to carry health insurance or pay a penalty during tax time. This would be fine if the health insurance was worth having, but a lot of my co-workers now are seeing their premiums and deductibles jump to absurd proportions that if they even had to go to the hospital, unless it was something major, they'll still be paying for everything out of pocket.
>>
>>324392619

Jokes on you, I'm 30 and not even registered to vote! Never gotten a jury summons either because of that :) also never worked a day in my life
>>
>>324392646
I am on my parents health care for like 2 or 3 more years, but I am not looking to figuring that shit out
>>
>>324386869
You're pretty fucking dumb, huh?
>>
Going to get about $1500 back

>A: Might have a $3000 emergency room bill that my insurance doesn't want to cover (I had a toothache so bad I couldn't even sit up or lay still, and my BP was 165/100, when its normally 115-120/75)
>B: If not getting a new game or two and a gourmet pizza, then putting the rest to pay off my car

#America
>>
>>324392480
Have you ever considered to move to a first world country? Living is much easier here for poor people.
>>
>>324392778
Your best option is almost always through your employeer
>>
I always pay 5% more tax every month. It's nothing to me, and it adds up. I usually get 3-3.5k back.
>>
>>324392801
What I use my TV to do is my own business anon.
>>
>>324392915
Right now I am just fucking around through part time stuff and some contracting, I'm >>324390856

I did apply to nsa though, they are processing my app but it's taking forever because of background checks etc. They hire a lot of math majors so I'm hoping I can get in
>>
I'm expecting 600 in June. Probably will buy a 970, unless NIntendo wows me at E3 with NX.
>>
>>324383298
People who aren't retarded file as soon as they get their w-2 and get their returns a couple weeks later
>>
>>324387579
>Because bitches want diamonds.
This is why my girlfriend is wife material to me.

I was talking to her about the while diamond bs, and she DOES HER OWN RESEARCH and decides that she wants an Emerald or Sapphire engagement ring, and doesn't even want a diamond.
>>
>>324392949
I know that feel. Right now I get about 25% out between all my deductions and I usually get about 2k back
>>
>>324386581
Few deductible expenses? You live and work in the same place?your home is your office......gas,electric, water, Internet bills phone bills? All the printer ink and paper,isn't that business expenses?can you run a business from yiur type of dwelling?
>>
>>324392812
>toothache
>3000
Why would that be so much? The most expensive thing I ever had to pay was 2800 Euro for a dental implant . And yes I had to pay all of it by myself because you only get the minimum in Germany when it comes to toothcare(you get treatment to get rid of pain for free too but you won't get an implant if there are cheaper solutions which exist most of the time). What could cost 3000 bucks?
>>
>>324393210
so she's a picky cunt

ok
>>
>>324388529
As someone with experience in this, it's $5k if you're a single-person household.

And even if you make under that threshold, you still DO want to file, because your employer probably withheld for taxes unless you told them not to, and you want that dosh back. For me, I made about 3.5k in a year and got about $400~500 back.
>>
File: disregard.png (184 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
disregard.png
184 KB, 400x240
>have no insurance because poor
>going to receive penalty for it
>thanks obongo

I hate America
>>
>>324381974
A Rift. My returns are huge, like my gains.
>>
>>324393210
Why are you even getting married in the first place?

If anything not getting married just shows you are more mature as a couple and doesn't need an official statement saying "we luv eachother".
>>
>>324393483
Because America sucks
>Went in at 4am
>Got weights/BP tested ect
>Doctor came in and looked at my tooth
>Gave me a nerve blocker shot
>Sent me out the door

Its fucking bullshit.
>>
Was jobless most of 2015 and only got one in november so probably a few $100 at best. I will probably use it to pay for school.
>>
>>324391017
Mom sounds like an ungrateful cum dumpster
>>
>>324389730
Fucking this. Children at least have a potential to produce goods and labor in their future. All you have to look forward to from old people is for them to die.

Look at China. They're going fucking mad going back on their one-child law because their labor force is aging up fast, and they're suddenly having trouble finding young, able-bodied workers for their death factories.
>>
>>324393483

You'd be surprised how absurd American medical costs can get

I had a friend get a $1500 dollar charge on their ER visit because she had three different doctors look at something. They werent even asked, they were just passing by and looked at it.

That was ON TOP of everything else.
>>
>>324392998
So then you agree.
>>
>>324393210
lol and YOU get to pay for it. haha
>>
>made like 10k this year and i put a 1 on my thung when i got hired

Will i still get my usual 1300 or am i fucked?
>>
>>324381974

I'm gonna get a couch with the money I already have and save whatever tax money I get which is basically what I did last year minus the couch.
>>
>>324393210

She says that but trust me she will wants a diamond and will be disappointed if you don't surprise her with one. Bitches get wet to African child slave labor for a worthless material that is inflated in cost thousands of times over by greedy diamond corporations
>>
>>324381974
$3.2k. Just an estimate.

Probably more because I haven't gone through all my deductions.
>>
File: 1421173218493.jpg (45 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
1421173218493.jpg
45 KB, 475x500
>usually get like 600-700 back
>am probably going to use it to get new tires and new brakes
>>
>>324390029

If by SF you mean San Fran than whatever tax money you get should cover your first day there in rent. Good luck.
>>
>please mr gubment sir, can I have some money back after you extort my income?
>>
>>324384807

i pay my dad's tax guy who's been doing his for decades $80 to get my state and federal in order, just gotta bring my W-2's.

my brother tried to do it for free from some dude, ended up getting penalized and had to pay like couple grand in fines.

I'd rather take $80 loss and play it safe, hell the guy even knows loopholes so he gets every fucking dime i'm owed from the IRS. cunts. if you don't even point it out or claim it, they won't even give it to you and you lose it in a year or two, but the fucking moment you owe one cent you're on their most wanted list. fucking cunts.
>>
>>324381974

I'm going to be getting $9,000 back. Its going straight in to the bank, I'm saving up for some land.
>>
>>324394104

That feel when I know I'll be getting around 3k back. Feelgutmayne.

No one does their taxes this early, the forms for student loan interest aren't even out yet.
>>
>>324386228
My dad just gave me turbotax when I was 16 and had my first job and was like 'here do your taxes"

>what are taxes
>>
>>324393695
Christ. And I though I had to pay out the ass last time I had a root canal and fixed like 6 holes.

>total went up to something like 2000 bucks
>live in welfare Sweden so I only had to pay 15% of that
>get around 60 bucks off that sum as well with even more welfare I had saved up

Shame about all the other things in Sweden though.
>>
>>324381974
I didn't have health insurance and, as far as the government knows, I'm below 10k earned so I don't have to file and I don't have to pay the huge ass fees. Incidentally, I'm expecting to see something in regards to that in the news here this coming month. I probably pulled in close to 50k when its all said and done, though.
>>
>>324391971
for once I'm glad that the republicans are winning, because they all hate Obamacare
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
I live in the UK and only work part time

So I don't pay any taxes
>>
>>324392873

>obabolcare being a country.
>>
>>324394493
The funny part is that I actually got this tooth root canal'ed and it only cost me like 1200 including the cap
>>
>>324394380
Is it really that scary to fill out taxes in America?

Last time I did it I(only done it once since I'm NEET) went to a website. Pretty much clicked a button that said "confirm that this shit is legit" and then got my money.
>>
>Obamacare means you have to pay for insurance and they'll fine you if you cant
Not American, how is this a good idea? Both for the citizen and for competitiveness in the insurance sector?
>>
>getting money back

lol min wagers are funny.
>>
>>324394561

They invented Obamacare dumbass
>>
File: snrub.png (424 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
snrub.png
424 KB, 1080x810
>>324394638
>get into a lot of debt with student loan
>only have to pay it back if I earn over ~ÂŁ21000 per year
>work part time
>pay no tax
>pay no loan

feels good
>>
>>324393525
Nah, we talked about it and we both like how they look. She's also open to other gemstones, those are just her preferences

>>324393647
Not getting married yet, but mostly for her, because she wants a wedding.
>>
>>324394827

It isn't, it is the worst idea ever implemented in American history. People defend it, though, because their guys proposed it and the other guys are bad and evil. Bipartisan politics are cancer.
>>
>>324393548
i was unemployed for 4 months between jobs, never went to the hospital and got obamer fined. screw their expensive care or paying for COBRA
>>
>>324394062
If that happens, then I save a lot of time and money because I'll break up with anyone who pays into that bullshit.
>>
>>324393857
What the fuck man

My ankle hurt a bit so I went to A&E and they took an x ray for free

Nothing wrong with my ankle either

No appointment or anything
>>
>>324394638
>>324394886
>no tax if you work part time
Is this really a thing in Bongland?

Seems like it's fairly easily exploitable.
>>
File: 1448252480057.jpg (214 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448252480057.jpg
214 KB, 767x1024
>>324394897
I'm sure she's open to a lot of stuff
>>
>>324391971
The penalty is doubling this year
>>
>>324394886
I dislike students because they're mostly lefty idiots
>>
>>324383778
Buying shit drives the economy
>>
>>324394782
websites are alright, but they tend to give you the bare minimum and most guys can get you 20-30% more than what the computer programs can. that's the difference between a $2,000 and $2,700 return at times.
>>
>>324394380
My dad gets Turbo Tax and does it for me for free (his logic is, I'm getting this software anyway and I can do so many returns with it, so why not) but I've also done it myself and helped my girlfriend do hers online, it's really not that hard.

It only gets difficult if you own property, have significantly diversified investments, own a business, or are a trust fund babby.
>>
File: 1451915642950.gif (1 MB, 680x551) Image search: [Google]
1451915642950.gif
1 MB, 680x551
>>324395109
In the UK, the first 10 something grand (about 20k dollars) you earn a year is tax free
>>
>filing your taxes in january

u wot

Also I'm self employed, so I'm going to get raped.
>>
>>324395138
What the fuck? How is this a thing? I though Obama was supposed to be the poor people's choice. If anything it should be the opposite. If you don't have a medical licensee you should get some benefits.
>>
>Be Brazilian
>60%+ taxes on pretty much anything you ever buy
>One of the worst tax application rates in the planet, most of the money just gets stolen by corrupt politicians
>No tax refund
JUST
>>
>>324383426
Get the 40jU6500
If you want a little bigger and better one get the 48js8500
>>
>>324395269
just say you drive cross country a lot, you'll get some throwback.

and start stealing clothes and donating a fuckload to goodwill and red cross you get ghetto tax reductions.
>>
>>324395250
I'm curious about this, is it solely the first 10 grand you make that are tax free or actually the first 10 grand of every fiscal year?
>>
>>324395269

Why do self employed people get it worse than people working a normal job tax wise? I'm honestly curious.
>>
>>324395398
Every year m8
>>
File: Pwe4z3W.gif (721 KB, 455x252) Image search: [Google]
Pwe4z3W.gif
721 KB, 455x252
>>324395130
Well, she does anal and blowjobs, so...
>>
>>324395109
oh absolutely

there's a major problem here actually with tax avoidance

my mum has a "business" where all her income goes to, and she just pays herself ÂŁ10k a year and doesn't get taxed for that, and anything overly expensive she passes off as a business expense
>>
>>324395446
ya i know
>>
>>324395415
Because our government is practically owned by big business, and they're out to fuck small business owners in the ass.
>>
>>324395187
No I mean. It's the guberments official website, as an alternative to doing it snail mail. I didn't have to write or do anything. Just confirm this was how much I had worked and payed in tax and all that jazz and what I would get back.
>>
>>324395427
Damn that's some good shit, I've always been afraid I'd need to pay tax if I enrolled in a paid apprenticeship programe.
>>
>>324395250
Fucking cock that sounds so great.

I worked for only thee months and had to tax like 40% of that.
>>
>>324392417
It forces poor people to get health insurance so rich people don't have to pay for it.

Republicans
>>
>>324383137
>not claiming medical expenses
>not claiming work expenses
>not having your workplace take an extra $20 a week off your pay to pay to taxes and put you in good standing with the IRS/Canadian Revenue Agency, and then end up getting all that back anyway
>not treating your government like a savings account
Nigga, do you fucking EVEN?
>>
>>324395359
I'll look into that, the one I had my eye on was the JU7100/7500
>>
>>324395415
Don't ask me why, but there are huge taxes on self employed income.

You're supposed to offset it with deductions, but depending on how your business works out you basically can get fucked. Hard. Like 18% of income level fucked if you don't have deductions.

Which wouldn't be that bad if it was spaced out, but since you're not filing regular tax papers they come for it in a chunk.
>>
>>324381974
Reminder if you have a large tax return that means you've fucked up. It's not a good thing. It means you're paying too much in taxes to begin with.
>>
>>324395738
>>not treating your government like a savings account
>0% savings account
JUST
>>
I'm guessing I'll get back about $800. I'm still on the fence about using online returns vs. going to a professional. Last time I went to a professional I had to wait an incredibly long time, but i got more money back. If I do it online I can stay at home and do it over the weekend.
>>
>>324395727
Doesn't the hospitals(republicans) earn ridiculous amounts of money on non insurance patients?

We have all heard the horror stories of American hospital bills.
>>
>>324395738
Don't have any
Don't have any (company credit card)
Fuck that I need the money now
Banks give better returns
>>
>>324395684
>>324395591
I'm also allowed to claim the dole ;)
>>
>>324395738

>Good standing

?????
>>
>>324395738
>not treating your government like a savings account
What's the point of a savings account with 0% interest?

It's more like giving them a loan, also with 0% interest
>>
File: 1452544876548.jpg (61 KB, 730x765) Image search: [Google]
1452544876548.jpg
61 KB, 730x765
>tfw cartel boss
>tfw my job isn't taxable
>tfw have 20 billion dollars

U mad brahs?
>>
>>324395814

Wouldn't someone working from home be able to deduct things like their electric and internet bills since you use them to work? It seems like someone who is self employed would be better off spending a bit extra to get an accountant to do the filing.
>>
>>324395934
Hospitals in the US are the true jews. Their jew level is off the fucking charts. It is never enough.

There's also that most of those non-insurance patients never pay, since they just actually can't. I mean, if you can't afford health insurance, how do you afford a $500k hospital bill?
>>
>>324396067
You're a fucking idiot, dodging taxes will get you in a lot more trouble than being a cartel boss
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 210x240
>>324396067
>>
>Be poorfag
>Get Medicaid
>Free ER and dentist visits
>Massive discount on drugs and doctor visits

There's no reason to try anymore when you're encourage to just earn enough to live.
>>
File: 1442473474899.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1442473474899.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>324396080
Yeah, that's why I said without deductions. But it's still pretty brutal even after that. Last year I ended up paying out about $2200 when taxes came around after all the deductions and whatnot.
>>
File: expert.jpg (255 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
expert.jpg
255 KB, 400x533
health care marketplace fag here.

As long as your income is under a certain amount you don't have to pay the fee.

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/exemptions-from-the-fee/

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/hardship-exemptions/

When you go to file your taxes you should get a form that lets you put down your reasons you feel you should be exempt (1095-A). There's a fairly big blanket of reasons you can claim so more than likely you can LIE and no one would be the wiser. Just make sure you have some kind of proof to back up whatever lie you come up with.

You can also download a form from the healthcare.gov

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace-appeals/appeal-forms/

>during a portion of this year I was making 14 bucks an hour for a few months.

If I'm lucky my income will be just low enough to avoid the healthcare tax... If not I'm gonna have to apply for some exemption. I'm already exempt for next year since I'm doing part time now...hopefully I can stay that way.
>>
>>324396029
I've done this for 6 years. Last year I switched jobs, and forgot to have them do this, and they gave me commission, and automatically reported it as pay for me, and it screwed me cause they didnt match CPP, EI, and fed tax on the commission, so I ended up needing to pay $50 and was late on it, they decided to look the other way because I've been so good before.

never paid that $50
>>
>it's time to file your tax return and get back some of the money you paid to the government.
>Wanting to get money back

You shouldn't owe or get anything back. A tax refund is just money the government has been holding on to that accrues no interest.
>>
>>324396129
>tfw over 30000 in debt because my fiancé had to have emergency surgery when we were both laid off during Bush JR term.
>tfw even if we had insurance we would still be 10000 in debt.
>tfw had to go into debt just to be alive
>republicans/libertarians/ancaps call this freedom.
>>
>>324396283

I wasn't sure if deducting your house bills was allowed or not, so I just threw them out there. What is it you do, might I ask, and just what kind of crazy things do you deduct?
>>
>>324396129
Yeah. They do sound pretty scummy, almost pharmaceutical evil.

>>324396045
>tfw my bank doesn't even have any interest
For some reason all the banks in my country pretty much went. "Nope, not gonna do that shit anymore".
>>
>>324396329
>As long as your income is under a certain amount you don't have to pay the fee.

In many republican states if you make under so much you no longer get the discount cause you are suppose to be on medicare that they didn't expand in those states.
>>
>>324396476
>Taking on the fiscal responsibility of a chick
You brought this on yourself
>>
>>324396476
>Have your life saved by people spending money
>Why do they want money back? They should save my life for free!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.