[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe this game to someone who's never played it before.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
Describe this game to someone who's never played it before.
>>
Poor man's Fallout 1. Unpolished indie shit.
>>
Fallout 1\2 with much better combat & exploration, but less storyfag elements.

Also, I really mean it about the combat. FO1\2 made me think turn-based combat can't be good if you only control a single character, but this game proved me wrong. Combat is fun as hell
>>
post apoc, isometric, turn based, combat+exploration focused indie game
>>
>>324152920
try reading the description on the steam store page
>>
>>324153681
>>324153748
>>324153985
>>324154085
>post-apoc
>same gameplay
So it's a literal FO1 clone?
How can the developer get away with this?
>>
>>324153748
Surprisingly, once you learn about existence of a certain secret society and have a clear picture of what the fuck is going on in deep caves, setting suddenly becomes way better than Fallout ever was.
>>
Fallout with better combat, crafting, psionics. Setting is basically Metro, more focused on exploration than on the story.
>>
>>324154306
underrail has much, much better combat than f1/f2, but imo the exploration is not as good. Story/characters are not as good either
>>
>>324152920
Great until you go to the Deep Caves. Then it falls apart like Mass Effect 3's ending.

Also this is the only Underrail thread, guys should I pick Psychosis or Tranquility. I've been thinking about it for an hour.
>>
>>324154547
How better can it get? It's all shallow RNG based bullshit anyway.
>>
>>324154306
>unique setting
>psionics
>better combat

Because they're not the same.
>>
>>324154707
Author continuously nerfed deep caves. They are pretty easy now although you still need to utilize everything you've learned prior to them.
>>
>>324154784
>mash up fallout, metro and stalker elements together
>unique setting
>people unironically believe this
>>
>>324154768
>>324154886

Look if you wanted to troll niggas you could have just started a Witcher thread or shit baka
>>
This thread is pretty shitty.
>>
>>324154306
With a response like this it's totally apparent that you already don't like this game. Why even ask about it?
>>
>>324152920
meme game riding on the coattails of GOTY 2015 UNDERTALE
>>
>>324154942
yeah i thought OP actually wanted to discuss the game

i'm out
>>
>>324154942
>facts contradict my feelings and opinions
>best I label it a troll
ebin
>>
>>324154306
it's not really a clone but people love to compare it to FO games because they look similar, people also love to compare it to metro because of the setting it takes place in

it's got better combat than fallout, stealth actually means something and it's fun to do as well as terrifying when you encounter stealthed opponents. There's also traps and you can cause fire or other environmental damage to linger in an area, there's crafting and other stuff.

pirate it and buy if like, seems simple enough
>>
>>324154707
Psychosis is for a psi crit builds. They may be good on paper, reaching sniper build in terms of damage output, but honestly i won't trade psi utility for this.
Tranquility allows you to fully utilize the psi system by shitting spell after spell in combinations, even though you don't have 3k crits, you will just stand and laugh as enraged enemies are hacking their own allies while standing in a room full of fire with only exit sealed by your force wall.
>>
>>324154707
Psychosis is too risky, Tranquility is amazing because with the electricity crit perk and the perk that gives you the ability to cast for less psi points you can cast three chain lightning spells in your first turn which will crit like crazy. It's OP as fuck.
Sorry I don't remember the names of all the abilities and perks off the top of my head but I'm at work.
Psychosis can be good but you have to design your entire build around it as it has severe downsides.
>>
>>324155052
also I'd compare this game more to the Dune wolrd than anything else, in terms of combat at least
>>
>>324155238
>three chain lightning spells
I'm pretty sure you can do even more with psi armor and good headband.
>>
Literal meme game.
>>
>>324155264
true dat, never thought about it that way. Dem energy shields mang, I love how knives just go right thru em
>>
File: jpg.jpg (23 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
23 KB, 600x362
Any new horror/thriller genre games out? indie or/and industry

>Pic:Allison Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__i_LoRKhJ0
>>
>>324154985
Agreed, it's pretty sad that any game that receives regular praise from /v/ will have it's threads trolled to shit by contrarians who have for the most part never played the game or aren't even interested int he genre.

Fucking retards think this game is supposed to be like every other shitty crpg released lately but it's audience is people who like min/maxing and experimenting with different builds.
>>
>>324155238
figuring out how to make your character wreck shit like the setup described in this post is what makes this game good
>>
File: 1381439276883.png (69 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1381439276883.png
69 KB, 256x256
>a standard metro-like setting with nothing interesting going on for it
>suddenly Faceless invasion
>suddenly all this cool Biocorp history and abandoned facilities
>suddenly you find creepy things like deep caves elevator or that cliff area leading seemingly nowhere
>suddenly lovecraftian cultists
>suddenly Oculus and their fucking ship
>suddenly you understand who is the second Godmen
>>
>>324154306
>So it's a literal FO1 clone?
>How can the developer get away with this?

You're such an idiot
>>
So I'm about to head into some place called Depot A, and I'm getting kinda bored with my metal armor/assault rifle character, because there's very little variety of what I do in combat, and also everything dies like total pussies. I thought this would be like a Fallout 2 playthrough with power armor and shooting people in the dick with the gauss rifle, but it's nowhere near as fun. Am I far into the game? Should I restart and make a more exciting character? What character would be more fun/interesting to use?
>>
>>324156260
Start investing into throwing\crafting. Start chuckin' shit at niggas and builds gas bombs
>>
>>324156260
>Depot A
> everything dies like total pussies
Oi good luck.
>>
>>324156260
Psionic characters are fun as fuck imo and fairly powerful as well. It's a lot of fun using the AoE spells like fireball which make every living thing run around in terror if it lights them on fire.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_00001.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_00001.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>324156260
>Am I far into the game?
In terms of overall content it's like 1/5 of the game, maybe less.
If you want variety, do a psi character.
>>
File: 180824-face1.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
180824-face1.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
>>324156260
>So I'm about to head into some place called Depot A

nigga you don't even know

Anyway, just pick more gun-related perks. Special attacks and such. Also start using grenades more
>>
>>324156353
I've got throwing, since I didn't really know what else to pick, but the grenades don't really change anything, they just give you some AoE damage.

>>324156373
I've heard people mention it, but right now I feel like I'm too OP for anything to be an actual challenge.

>>324156431
I was sorta thinking about that, especially when I went to Silent Isle and just imagined myself summoning those shadow fuckers. I don't know if you can do that, but that'd be something sorta cool. Though I've got no idea about how to build a mage, since I never play mages in RPG games.

>>324156501
About psi, it seems like you can either go full wizard or do some sort of brawler/monk thing like in Shadowrun. Which of those would you say is more varied/interesting?

>>324156616
The only special attack that is there for rifles is the burst. At least, I didn't see any feats that would give me anything else. And I'm using grenades, but like I said, they're basically fireballs that don't cost MP in terms of what you can do with them.
>>
I just drew a map of the Deep Caverns and holy shit I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I did. The part with the maze and the fucking worms was pretty agonizing and made me want to stop playing but after that it picked back up and I can't stop playing.
>>
>>324157054
>Though I've got no idea about how to build a mage, since I never play mages in RPG games.

Here you go, it's not perfect and you can fuck around with the crafting/dialogue skills and all that if you want but he's fairly good at describing what's important to the class and why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o
>>
>>324157054
what they mention is pre nerf depot a, I'm guessing it's easier now
>>
>>324157305
Thanks man, I'll look it up. That guy seems to know what he's talking about.
>>
Metro setting with Fallout gameplay and no personality or flavour.
>>
>>324156015
I didn't get that last part. Anon help
>>
File: bug.png (108 KB, 708x314) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
108 KB, 708x314
HELL YEAH. I missed the little guy.
>>
love it, sad this game will fly under the radar on this shit hole

stay casual /v/
>>
>>324159710
>and no personality or flavour
This is where you are mistaken. The lore is surprisingly neat, but you have to look for it.
>>
>>324161915
>daily threads on /v/ since release
>for like an entire month every thread had above 150 unique IPs and hit bump limit in a matter of hours
>flying under the radar here

You are either blind or have very unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>324162223
Or it's shitty bait that you fell for.
>>
>>324154306
It's not as much of a ripoff of Fallout as it is of Metro.
>>
>>324162301
Yeah, that's possible.
>>
>>324152920
Remember Fallout? Less story, more combat.
Lots of extra shit. Traps and Magic are fun as hell.
>>
File: 1400977845303.jpg (45 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
1400977845303.jpg
45 KB, 352x395
As much as I love the combat and the writing (sometimes), the game is a bit inconsequential with the player's actions, for example I wanted to see what happened if I got the drill parts before Tanner asked me to get them (thus giving them to him immediately) but there were no new dialog options, while in other quests the game did recognize such things.
>>
>>324162223
Why don't we have a /vg/ thread? I mean if Katawa Shoujo is on number 5209823409238 why can't we make one.
>>
Tanner sounds like an autist with his constant gib cube shit.
>the Faceless are looking for somethi-
>gib
>so it turns out the Acid Hunters took it
>gib
>well I'm off to the Coretech warehouse
>gib
>the Tchortists were faster
>gib nao

Fuck it man, I doubt you want it to feed starving orphans. Go get it yourself.
>>
>>324164353
Becasue /vg/ threads are retarded.
We don't want Ezra R34, now do we?
>>
>>324164353
Not enough interest. We would end up just bumping it over and over to keep it alive. These /v/ threads usually die after 2-3 hours on their own.
>>
>>324164570
...we don't?
>>
>>324164570
>We don't want Ezra R34, now do we?

Well...
>>
minor spoilers regarding junkyard area

A guy asked me to betray the embassy and give him information about their security, does anything major change depending on what I told him and whether or not I do his task?
>>
File: player.png (13 KB, 60x110) Image search: [Google]
player.png
13 KB, 60x110
>tfw this skinny faggot with giant hands is the MC
>>
I got my main quest line bugged out and cant continue the game.

I recommend pirating the game now because i just wasted 30+ hours.
>>
>>324164820
There are no rewards for telling the Protectorate. Just tell him what you saw and he'll give you money.
Help him. His quests are hard early on but are some of the best in the game.

>>324164941
Ask Styg to help you. He fixes broken saves, or so I hear.
>>
>>324164820
Nah, he gives more tasks afterwards before anything would happen. It's a questline to get brownie points with the anti establishment group.
>>
>>324164820
He's a bro.

Help him.
>>
>>324164820
He is a trustworthy guy, help him.
>>
>>324164820
He looks shady as fuck, but he's a great guy.
Help him. He'll return the favor.
>>
>>324165020
>There are no rewards for telling the Protectorate
That's not completely true. They give you 500 charons. But Abram pays you much better.
>>
>>324165848
Must've missed it. I could swear they gave me nothing for snitching out Abram.
>>
>>324165035
Free Drones are anti-establishment. Abram is with a different group.

Also what the fuck is with Gorsky? Does he ever do anything useful? From how he acts in Core City he seems like some rejected zoner who gained some power and came back to lord it over the people who used to pick on him.

Would not be surprised if his little group 'split' from the SGS.
>>
FUCK SPORE TURRETS, who the fuck thought that units that respawn in 2 turns was a good idea?
>>
>>324164493
It's because he is not what he seems to be
>>
>>324165958
>Would not be surprised if his little group 'split' from the SGS.
That's exactly what happens.

He just used you to help him recreate his old gang, and once you take over the black crawlers base he does nothing but squats and laughts and says fuck you to SGS.
>>
>>324165945
They only pay you once you help them set up an ambush and they kill Abram.
>>
>>324165965
>who the fuck thought that units that respawn in 2 turns was a good idea?
What if I told you that literally everything respawns in Deep Caverns?
>>
>>324165958
>Abram is with a different group.
Not cool, anon. Let him use his brain.
>>
>>324166349
Yeah when you change zones or are across the zone, but these fuckers literally respawn in the same fight when I'm standing next to them.
>>
>bug that makes persuading the Faceless count as a hostile action, so you can never reach "friendly" status with them, only neutral
>post about this on forums, upload my save
>one of the devs it's going to be fixed in the next hotfix
>play after the next hotfix
>they are hostile now
Good job.
>>
>>324166590
There will be a robot factory that spawns new robots as you kill them, too.

They will stop respawning once you kill the Pulsating Roots.
>>
>>324165985
He can be the second coming of Jesus for all I care. Maybe he should stop doing shit all in his office and go pick it up if he wants it so much instead of sending the guy who's been part of SGS for a week. He is like twice my size and immune to literally everything, it shouldn't be beyond his abilities.
>>
I've noticed sometimes after reloading a save my hit percentages are listed as higher than before. Does saving scumming increase accuracy for some reason? If it's a bug which percentage is the one that's correct?
>>
Please tell me, please tell me there is a way to save Vivian.

I cant take this. I know she was innocent and Ola is a fucker.
>>
>>324167260
It's Focus. When you start a battle, you are Focused.
It lasts until you move.
>>
>>324167148
> He is like twice my size and immune to literally everything, it shouldn't be beyond his abilities.
He is also being pursued by a being far stronger than him. He literally can't do anything if he doesn't want to be found.
>>
>>324167381
No, I can aim at a guy and have 33% 73% with focus. Then quicksave/quickload and it will be 45% 85% with focus.
>>
>>324167534
Same thing happens to me, no idea why. Like a 10% or so increase after reloading.
>>
>>324165965
Nevermind the Biohazard Suit makes me literally immune to everything the shroomlings and spore turrets do. This is too easy now.
>>
>>324167676
>tfw I was already immune to them with my 1500+ capacity shield
It's good to have electronics.
>>
>>324167812
I have a 1200 capacity shield, but it didn't last when 2 spore turrents and 2 shroomlings are on me while I punch some roots.
>>
>>324168186
I just Snipe'd the roots out of the sight of turrents and without aggroing any shroomlings.
>>
>>324154547
Does it have the glorious critical effects?
>>
Should I learn new Psi abilities from the SGS teachers or do I get from from Mysterious Pillars and the various pickups?
>>
>>324169278
The teachers have something like 3 each and after that you can only get spells from picking up or buying mentors or the pillar.
>>
So I fixed the door mechanism, cleared the shit off the door, and turned the power on, but when I click the Electronic Lock nothing happens. It doesn't give a message or anything just nothing. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>>
>>324170410
You need a keycard.

Also guys, what gang should I join? Scrappers or Eels.
>>
>>324170939
Scrappers have no quests, join eels if you want to do stuff
>>
>>324170939
EEls.

More quests and a trader with rare stuff like special ammo blueprints.
>>
What is a good PSI monk build? Just came from playing a sledge, and want to wreck things.
>>
What gun is a good substitute for my MP6? I'm starting to lack firepower for close quarters.
>>
>>324173419
Never did an SMG build but crafted ones probably.
>>
Fuck you, Styg. Intimidation is such a fucking worthless social skill. Why the fuck did you include Intimidate checks that don't actually do anything?
>>
>>324175518
>Why the fuck did you include Intimidate checks that don't actually do anything?
I think he actually said something like "You should be free to try even if it has no chances to be successful".

Bullshit if you ask me, Intimidate is only good for Yell feat and that's it.
>>
>>324169104

Nah. Enemies just kinda fall over.
>>
>>324176128
I was somewhat confused when my 55 Intimidate character couldn't get Elwood to hand over his key, a little bothered when my 65 Intimidate character just aggro'd Wyatt, and downright pissed when my 80 Intimidate character couldn't get the Faceless in Buzzer's shop to leave him be. It's an incredibly frustrating design choice in a game that has an already tight monetary and skill-point economy. I'm assuming there are no respec options?
>>
>>324172210
I'm playing a psi monk currently level 24 and I put Dex and Will at 10, Per at 3, Agi at 4, Const 6, Str 5, and Int 5, but that was prob bad. You need Int at six or seven to get some good Psi feats. Per is prob your least important but the rest is debatable. I just dumped all my skill points in melee, psychokinesis, and metathermics, but mind control is actually really legit and I regret not leveling it. Crafting is good for the psi stuff, Electronics is a need, but the others are good as well.
>>
>>324176703
>I'm assuming there are no respec options?
None that I know of,
>>
>>324177675
I think there's a cheat engine you can edit stats with, I never used it though. I think you can find it on the forums.
>>
>>324178061
Maybe, never tried it. I usually live with my mistakes.
>>
>>324178518
its pretty easy to find/use and makes the game so much better
>>
>>324178636
>makes the game so much better
In what way?

Not really interested in things like unlimited carry weight or anything like that.
>>
>>324177168
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>324176703
I actually really like the failed intimidate=aggro thing. You are threatening them, it makes sense if you are not good enough they might attack. Makes intimidate a much riskier option than persuade where failing is basically handled with a "lel no".

But if most intimidate checks are outright impossible to pass, then yeah, that's sort of bullshit. But keep in mind that unlike persuasion intimidation can be raised many ways, so it makes sense that requirements are higher.
>>
>>324180809
You outright can't pass a lot of the checks. People have gone back with maxed stats and all Intimidate does is aggro them.
>>
Is there an online character builder or something with tested builds?
>>
>>324182768
underrail
.info
.tm
>>
>>324183767
Firefox can't find the server at www.underrail.info.
?
>>
>>324184374
put the .tm part after it
>>
File: 168559_original.jpg (105 KB, 600x552) Image search: [Google]
168559_original.jpg
105 KB, 600x552
I fucking knew there was something in that cliff area.
I fucking knew.
>>
i always feel so weak in this game, like im a crit and a stun away from being dead
>>
>>324185651
>stun away from being dead
That's the case with pretty much everyone, except for fucking psifags with their Locus of Broken bullshit.

Other builds also have means of stun protection, like Thick Skull feat or Bullhead pills, but psi can literally break free from stun at any time.
>>
>>324185651
Should've invested in CON.
At 9 fucking nothing can kill me. Especially with fast metabolism and last stand.
>>
>>324186068
i think im gonna do a CON melee build next, should i go hammers or daggers?
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.