[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They literally did nothing wrong and if you think otherwise you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: konami.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
konami.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
They literally did nothing wrong and if you think otherwise you are a redditor or a 12 year old who has never worked a job before.
>>
Ok, by that logic, say you worked for a company doing whatever, and then the company decides they want out of your particular field of work and is closing the doors on that branch of the company. So they tell you that now instead of doing what you had been doing for over 25 years is over but you are contractually bound to stay with the company and that now you are the janitor and you have to clean shitty toilets until your contract is up. That's ok and not at all poor business practice to you? You must work a terrible job OP.
>>
>>324032228
What's me being a redditor have to do with anything? I'll bet lots of people here browse reddit. Here, i'll check it out

when does the bacon narwhal? also, what is OP?
>>
Damn nips and their pachinko.
>>
They fired a director who after 5 years and given an $80 million budget still couldn't finish the game.

Konami firing Kojima is as bad as Activision firing Tim Schafer.
>>
Chase them shekels!
>>
File: 1361831915257.gif (1 MB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
1361831915257.gif
1 MB, 200x195
I've worked plenty of jobs that don't act like the USSR.

But this is a bait thread anyway
>>
>>324032228
>literally sucking the yakuza dick is OK

OP will be fitted with cement shoes soon enough.
>>
>>324032228
>threatening the creator of the game with a lawsuit if he accepts awards for the game he created

kek. Ok man.
>>
>>324032693
Get. Out.
>>
>>324033307
>creator of the game

kojima was contracted to work on the MGS intellectual property which belongs to Konami. It's Konami's game.
>>
>>324034114
wow i bet you get laid all the time
>>
>>324033307
noncompete clauses are pretty common tho. I mean, at the end of the day it is Konami's game so they have the final say
>>
>>324034378
People who know a lot about IP and other sort of law AKA lawyers tend to be quite a prize
>>
>>324032228
They didn't just fire Kojima though.

They forced Igarashi into mobile games, they killed off Hudson and Team Silent.
>>
>cyber dragon infinity is available as Ultra, ulti, and secret in Japan
>only secret in America for 75 dollars
Fucking Konami
>>
>>324034378
>he proved me wrong
>"l-lel virgin1!!1"
>>
>forcing people to quit and making a generally shitty work environment isn't wrong
>>
File: 1384384892429.png (239 KB, 432x358) Image search: [Google]
1384384892429.png
239 KB, 432x358
>hoarding all of their best IPs for gambling machines or to rot and collect dust for all eternity
>nothing wrong
>>
>>324034846
>Caring about cards that are going to be banned in like a month anyways
>>
Anon I don't care what you think about Konami or their business practices but you can't tell me with a straight face that using a "scorched earth" strategy to leaving an industry to focus on another is a good idea by any measure.
>>
>>324032807
But they didn't. They switched his employment to being a contract employee without his say-so, harassed the staff, and monitored him outside of work. Even by Japanese standards, it constitutes a lawsuit.
>>
>>324032807
80 mil isn't a lot of money especially when you factor in the creation of a new engine in the process. And the game still turned out better than almost any recent AAA release anyway, funny that
>>
>>324032228
I know your just trying to be contrarian because this sub loves Kojima, but honestly your right. Kojima was and has always been, a shit developer. He wastes funds, can't meet deadlines and cant even deliver a good game without some assistant producer hand holdin him

honestly mgs5 was a disappointment al around
>>
>>324034114
Sure it belongs to Konami but it was him who created it.
>>
File: Internet-Troll.jpg (88 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Internet-Troll.jpg
88 KB, 950x534
>>324032228
Isn't it our job to make 12 year olds think they are an evil, corrupt company?
>>
My biggest gripe with Konami is what they did to Igarashi.

I just want Castlevania back.
>>
>>324035227
>t. Konami CEO
>>
>>324033940

Upvoted
>>
File: 256px-BombActZerobox.jpg (25 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
256px-BombActZerobox.jpg
25 KB, 256x362
>They literally did nothing wrong

Come again?
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (44 KB, 455x343) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
44 KB, 455x343
>>324032228
People might complain that there aren't any new castlevania, contra, or even metal gear games, but that doesn't mean that konami didn't try and put out a ton of great entries into those series'.

Same thing with megaman, it's shitty that capcom killed him off, but look at how many fucking games he has. Megaman, castlevania, etc have mostly great or amazing games across 20-25 years.

You can't blame konami for capcom for the fact that games cost more to make, and those games just don't make money. The company can't go under for that, and they've been more than generous, especially the battle network and star force series which had each installment sell worse and worse and typically receive worse critical reception. And yet there are 6 BN and 3 SF games, plenty for the fans, and most fans would agree that those games are all great.

Hell, capcom made megaman 9 and 10, also two great games that fans were begging for.

Everytime there is a metal gear or megaman thread on /v/ it gets a shit ton of replies. People love the series and people love the games that are already in it. I don't blame konami.
>>
File: (you).jpg (4 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
4 KB, 125x91
>>324032228
>>
>>324035264
Yeah but without konami the game doesn't exist since he sure as shit can't pay a big team's salaries to develop the game.

people love to demonize publishers in games and books or producers in TV and movies but they are still necessary for the actual product to get released
>>
>>324034114
Corporate apologists, everyone.
>>
>>324035360
Iga became increasingly hack-y as the series went on
>>
>>324035887
apologizing for what?
>>
When\s Gradius 6?
>>
>>324035929
But Order of Ecclesia was great.
>>
File: 1365419724689.jpg (8 KB, 484x199) Image search: [Google]
1365419724689.jpg
8 KB, 484x199
Who cares. They ded and kojima is the future. Also I move that we ban all further discussion of konami from this boards as they are NOT VIDYA ANYMORE.
>>
>>324036405
so can we not have megaman threads anymore since he's not vidya anymore
>>
>>324036538
Not Konami games, Konami's business ventures are no longer associated with video games or this place and are probably better off for it.
>>
File: image.png (973 KB, 1274x679) Image search: [Google]
image.png
973 KB, 1274x679
>>324032228
>first non-arcade release since PS2
>online subscription, uses Japanese Konamibucks
>~$15 a month for 5% of the content
>controller support is shit anyways
>if you aren't subscribed when new content releases, you can never get that content

Konami has always been full of faggotry, the Kojima shit was just a reminder.
>>
>>324032228

The only thing they did wrong, was completely fuck over Hudson-Soft IPs and the refusal to sell off the IPs they refuse to use.

I don't care that they are now the Yakuza's bitch and are going more into the gambling business because that makes the most revenue for them, but sell off all your IPs except the ones you constantly use. Not like they are ever gonna use Contra, Gradius, and the like so give them to companies that want them. I don't believe gamblers care if Simon Belmont is on a Pachinko Machine.
>>
>>324032228
Abandoning Silent Hills and video games altogether was wrong.

They can afford it. It's not like they have suffered financially from making shitty video games. There was always a profit.
>>
>>324032228
Literally the only good part of Konami is Benami
>>
>ITT: cry lilke little toddlers because streched eyed jews wants more moon shekels

ha...
>>
>>324037287
>There was always a profit.
Modern businessmen don't just want a profit. They want hyper turbo mega profits. Anything less isn't considered worthwhile.
>>
>>324037662
Apparently Konami's tops are anything but MODERN businessmen. Otherwise they would be in the mobile market already.

They only care about themselves and their domestic (gambling) market. Good business man? Maybe. But modern? Not at all.
>>
>>324032693
Fuck off back to reddit
>>
File: 1310487788542.jpg (84 KB, 579x616) Image search: [Google]
1310487788542.jpg
84 KB, 579x616
Ever since this whole Konami/Kojima beef came up people, mostly in the US, began this whole campaign of terror on Konami without fucking realizing that Konami ALWAYS had other branches.
>gyms
>gambling
>real estate
>sporting goods
>partnerships with electric companies
>grant providers
>software developers
>etc.
>motherfucking ETC.

Can't even begin to tell you how annoyed I get when I see some jerk offs saying shit like
"UGH! I HOPE THEY DIE ALONG WITH THEIR PACHINKO BUSINESS!"
Fucking kids and amerilards everywhere going HURR DURR FUCK KONAMI!
Fuck off! Kojima was a hack, poor business man, and failing visionary who's eyes were bigger than his budget. Deal with it.
>>
>>324032693
Original Penis.
Now leave.
>>
>>324038671
>forgetting about Bemani
>>
>>324032693

At midnight
>>
They ruined Castlevania.
They ruined Silent Hill.

Fuck Konami.
>>
>>324034993
I'll have to take your word for it, but quite frankly I still sympathize more with Konami. If after 5 years and 80 million dollars Kojima had told me "I'm finally done with chapter 1!" I'd have probably wanted his blood, too.
>>
>>324039605
Fuck you.
Probably never worked a day in your life.
>>
>>324040436
Nice non sequitor!
>>
>>324032228
>letting fox engine go to waste
>literally nothing wrong
yeah fuck off weeb sperglord
>>
>>324041730
Why would they let it go to waste you retard? They let Kojima and his funhouse work on this for many years while they got no actual profit, they only invested in it.

Are you really that degenerated that you believe they would let it go to waste? More upcoming games will use it, PES is only beginning.
>>
>>324042541
>more upcoming games will use it
>he thinks Konami will ever make games
>>
>>324042541
>implying they won't abuse the engines scalability
>expecting anything other than shitty mobile games and arcade machines on $50 hardware
>>
>>324042541
>PES is only beginning.

More like the last resort if non-Kojima MGS bombs hard. If it will ever get made, that is.

There's also the MGS film that is still ongoing according to Ken.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.