[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does this DkS2 giant in the trailer confirm that Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: dark-souls3-1_1.png (640 KB, 1036x600) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls3-1_1.png
640 KB, 1036x600
So does this DkS2 giant in the trailer confirm that Dark Souls 2 is canon?
>>
Yenoh
>>
That's not a DS2 giant, but I'm pretty sure Miyazaki said that the story is a continuation of DS2.
>>
>>323825529
>hole in his face
>fucking big

Why not?
>>
>>323825573
Plus he does the same weird noise as the Giant Lord
>>
>>323825573
There's not a hole in his face, it's just dark.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is unfortunately canon. On the positive side though the events of that game are so fucking meaningless that it literally does not matter and may as well not have happened.

Wether it was 1000 cycles or 0 cycles the result is basically the same shit.
>>
Why wouldn't DS2 be canon, are you retarded?

Just because /v/ memers pretend to hate it? Everybody else liked the fucking game, why would they pretend it didn't exist? To appeal to fucking /v/????
>>
>>323825734
Japan hates it.
>>
>>323825698
>on the positive side though the events of that game are so fucking meaningless that it literally does not matter and may as well not have happened

Yeah, about that...

The Chosen Undead from DS2 is still alive and well since he still has Vendrick's crown
>>
>>323825734
There's a pretty noticeable lack in interest in the game in general across the internet. I mean I'm not gonna pretend to have hard stats on it so feel free to disregard my anecdotal bullshit but from video content to fan art to fan music to discussion in general the volume being produced is noticeably far less. It's hard to do a comparison based on sales because pretty much everyone that was a fan of Dark Souls 1 played 2 since obviously they were hoping it was going to be good, that and Steam don't publish solid sale figures etc. But if you look at the lasting interest in the game based on discussion and fan content being produced Dark Souls 2 dropped off hard fast and has a tiny fandom.

Dark Souls 1 was having major fan works being produced for years after its release, even now when there are major fan works based on Dark Souls it's usually based on/about the first game and not 2. A cursory glance at the internet to me shows that major interest in Dark Souls 2 barely lasted three months after the games release leaving now a tiny irrelevant skeleton crew of a fanbase.

I mean in terms of say YouTube the only content Dark Souls 1 content creators that did a lot for Dark Souls 2 were the ones that were big enough to actually make decent amounts of money from their YouTube account which to me highlights that their interest is more financial than anything. Most content creators that did loads of DS1 stuff did DS2 videos for like 2 months before stopping.

Dark Souls 2 was successful on the basis of people liking Dark Souls 1 and wanting more. Once people realised that the game was actually not very good interest dried up, but they can't un-buy the game.
>>
Why wouldn't Dark Souls 2 be canon?
>>
>>323825573
It's a hole in the chainmail. It can just be a big hollow like Gwyn or Vendrick.
>>
Can someone here explain the connection between DkS1 giants and DkS2 giants?

Or are they completely unrelated and just both called giants because they are literally giant.
>>
>>323827336
Completely unrelated. DS2 giants can't talk
>>
File: 1445966934545.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445966934545.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>323827029
didnt read lol
>>
>>323825315
Not a giant, the statue of this guy is called Lord of Cinder.
>>
>>323827029
I guess so.
>>
>>323827571
Miyazaki said Lord of Cinder is just a title and that you will find a bunch of them throughout the game
>>
>>323826837
If they do show up they will likely just be either something along the lines of the Allant/Gwyn/Vendrick figure of the game in which case the fact that they're the Dark Souls 2 protagonist wouldn't really matter or they'll be a Furtive Pygmy type figure manipulating things in the background in which case the fact that they're the Dark Souls 2 protagonist wouldn't really matter.

If they did appear, which I doubt, there would likely be such a gap in time between the entires that it would essentially be a new character and if DS2 never happened and they stuck with handing out their backstory in item descriptions it would be the same.
>>
>>323827029
The amount of bullshit in this post is proportional to its length, holy shit.

Even the part of "created content on youtube" as cancerous as it is by itself, is false, because unfortunately, DS2 kept getting new shitty content on YT for a whole year in the form of pvp videos and lore videos since the game kept getting updates and DLC, so you're already wrong there, unless you're talking about those extremely unfunny cartons where the whole punchline was "ITS SO HARD LOL" then you must have mental problems because of course they wouldn't be as frequent with DS2 since this joke was already tired as fuck.

>>323825948
Japan also hated DeS, DS1 and BB, none of those games sold at all over there, just like any other console game.

The. Japanese. Have. Shit. Taste.

Always remember this.
>>
File: 387.png (210 KB, 426x1920) Image search: [Google]
387.png
210 KB, 426x1920
>>323827029
That's a real shame because DS2 had solid material and were I not so ineffably shit at drawing, I would pump it up.
>>
>>323827670
Meaning they must be all undead who had once kindled the first flame, again making DS2 canon.
>>
>>323828278
Japanese fans of Dark Souls hate Dark Souls II, and From have stated that they don't listen to western criticism as much.
>>
>>323828509
With DaS1 that's still canon, DaS2 didn't add anything in that respect.
>>
>>323828649
I guess DS2 implies it's happened a shit tonne of times since then and that the chosen undead isn't therefore all that special.
>>
>>323828649
In DS1 the endings were definitive, DS2 made them a cycle
>>
File: 1415807995794.gif (183 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1415807995794.gif
183 KB, 480x270
>>323827029
>tfw you're b-team
>>
>>323828758
Not with the multiple timelines and worlds. You could say DaS3 is a merging point of those and all the old Lords of Cinder ended up in the same world or you travel across multiple hunting them down.
>>
>>323828649
Dark Souls 1 didn't have that retarded, awful, cancerous, hack writing bullshit cycles concept that completely and utterly fucking ruined the entire setting, plot and ending of the first game though.
>>
>>323828914
DS2 doesn't a Lord of Cinder since Vendrick never sacrificed himself...

Holy shit...
>>
File: 1451394734446.jpg (422 KB, 3864x1728) Image search: [Google]
1451394734446.jpg
422 KB, 3864x1728
WHO IS THE RED KNIGHT!?!?
>>
>>323829064
>>323829064
*doesn't have
>>
>>323828751
Well he was the first one to do it, this is what makes him special.

And the DS2 MC is special because he refused to and went off to find another solution.
>>
What if DS3's MC is a Lord of Cinder that somehow remained sane after being used as fuel for the first flame? Since he uses an ember instead of humanity and shit
>>
>>323828751
Dark Souls 1 already made the point that the Chosen Undead isn't all that special because the game reveals that the entire chosen one concept was a bullshit lie the entire time in its story and that of the potentially thousands or more undead that attempted the journey the only thing special about you was that you happened to succeed.

If you stood there and threw half court basket ball shots all day the one that you finally got in the net wasn't destiny, it was just that you tried a fucking ton of times.
>>
>>323827029
Then why is DS2 for the motherfucking PS3 still alive and kicking online with tons of activity to this day, two years later?
>>
>>323829093
More importantly, why has his helmet opened up from the inside

did a skeleton eat his brain and pop out?
>>
>>323828751
>implies
It hammers it into your face almost every second.
>>
>>323829208
What if DS2's MC is your Emerald Herald in this game? Would be fucking rad
>>
File: 1436857148246.jpg (80 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
1436857148246.jpg
80 KB, 643x820
>>323827029
>>
>>323829093
A really big guy.
>>
Of course 2 is canon.

It's a continuation of the 1st game just way in the future

The game mentions Gwyn, the witch, Nito several times, what's left of the bed of chaos destroyed Loyce, and Manus is name dropped like 20 times.
>>
>>323829495
Doubt it, but since this game will be the closing chapter, I bet both will be referenced to in some way.

While both of them, specially BotC could still be around during the time this third game will take place, I don't think Miyazaki would make either play a central role.
>>
>>323829208
I still don't see what the alternate solution is or why one is even necessary.

I mean if the fire stays lit then it's still the age of fire and if the fire goes out then it's then the age of dark. It can't half go out or something, it's either lit or its not. One of those two things must be true. Unless what a third way means that you're going to go link the world to something else and create the Age of Water or some shit or link the world to lightning and create an Age of Electricity where instead of Bonfires there are Generators and the world gets all techno and shit. I just don't see what the fuck a third way could realistically mean.

BUT REGARDLESS why a third way is needed is also beyond me because nobody has ever tried option 2. Every fucking time some dick lights the goddamn fire and things stay shitty every time, if someone decides not to do it then someone else does. Every time the fire keeps getting fucking linked. They've literally never tried Option 2 so why they're looking for Option 3 without even trying out the Dark Age is beyond me.

HEY FAGGOTS WHEN YOU WANT TO NOT LINK THE FIRE INSTEAD OF WALKING OFF AND LETTING SOME OTHER CUNT DO IT JUST FUCKING STAY THERE AND GUARD THE THING UNTIL AND GOES OUT AND DON'T FUCKING LOSE. GODDAMN.

DS2 protag with his never hollowing undead immortality is well positioned to just sit there and grind his tits off and defend the flame until it finally goes completely out never to be linked again and just actually put a stop to this shit. But instead he fucks off too.

I can't deal with DS2s plot.
>>
>>323829928
He did have the AC4 MC play a major role during AC4A.
>>
>>323830231
If he did that it would mean that everybody would revert to being munities, and nobody wants that, he, Aldia and Vendrick wanted an ending where everyone could be happy.
>>
>>323830231
DaS2's Protag obviously goes off to have never-ending sex with EH of course. Why guard a shitty flame when you can tap that?
>>
>>323830430
Not really, his role was just:

>OH FUCK DAWG THIS DUDE IS BADASS
>AW NAW HE DED IN THE FIRST CHAPTER
>OH WELL LETS NEVER MENTION HIM AGAIN

And the part where it was technically the AC4 protagonist wasn't really relevant to anything. If it as just a random new LYNX the plot would be unchanged.

I could see them using the DS2 MC in DS3 but I don't see it being particularly significant if they get mentioned at all.
>>
>>323825315
that's a Lord of Cinder, not a Giant. The player is tasked to hunt out the Lords of Cinder that are coming back to life.
>>
>>323830231
>HEY FAGGOTS WHEN YOU WANT TO NOT LINK THE FIRE INSTEAD OF WALKING OFF AND LETTING SOME OTHER CUNT DO IT JUST FUCKING STAY THERE AND GUARD THE THING UNTIL AND GOES OUT AND DON'T FUCKING LOSE. GODDAMN.

Did you not play the game? The Throne Watcher and Throne Defender are guarding it while Vendrick and Aldia researched cures. Vendrick in the end fled after he found out about Nashandra AND realized everything was pointless, someone will relight the flame.

Aldia escaped though, don't you get it?

DSII establishes that no matter what, someone WILL find their way to the first flame and relight it. DSII is about breaking the cycle man c'mon did this all go over your head? Scholar shows us that Aldia indeed escaped the cycles but to what end? He only broke himself free, but he can't do it for the rest of the world. It's a really dark fucking game ultimately.
>>
>>323830231
you overcome the curse in DkS2 with the crowns, retard. They literally stop you going hollow.

That's why there's a woman holding a crown in the DkS3 trailer, because they're the key.
>>
>>323831262
that's just awful
>>
File: YXsz7WT.jpg (159 KB, 952x1004) Image search: [Google]
YXsz7WT.jpg
159 KB, 952x1004
>>323831262
Who took the Crowns from Bearer-kun?
>>
>>323831262

Dawg fuck that the crowns shit was fucking stupid. How the fuck does gathering all the crowns somehow make you immune to the curse? Fucking Shanalotte said that Vendrick was looking into souls for the cure, not to crowns. Why the fuck didn't we bring back the SOULS of those kings? That shit was stupid.
>>
>>323830643
Well to be frank nobody still has any idea with the Age of Dark actually is. I mean we get hints of how the Abyss affects the Age of Fire at various points but what the actual Age of Dark is and what would happen to humans in it is still pretty much a complete unknown.

Something that stands out to me is that humans such as Manus and the Four Kings who have given full Abyss have thrived within it and become great beings. Sure Age of Fire humans have suffered at their hands but:

1. That's potentially like blaming guns for gun violence rather than criminals, Manus being an angry dick doesn't necessarily make the Abyss bad. Also equating the Abyss with the Age of Dark might not be a strictly accurate thing to do anyway.

2. Humans as they exist in the Age of Fire are a perversion of their true nature, even their very forms are not what they are intended to be in the natural course of things. So the fact that we perceive what happens to humans that encounter the Abyss to be bad is largely irrelevant. What to us seems like corruption by darkness could in reality be the pathetic cursed perverted forms of humans in the Age of Fire being cured and beginning to return to their true natural state.

So what I'm saying is give the Age of Dark a shot!
>>
>>323825315
Yes. You see Alsanna (daughter/fragment of manus) putting on the Ivory crown.
>>
>>323828947
Dark Souls was very implied to be cyclical as well. Even Demon's had the same concept. DS2 is a non-issue since it is more like a bunch of sidestories than anything before the Crowns arc, but Miyazaki himself used the cycle thing long before DS2.
>>
>>323831550
Do you mean the woman in the trailer? How do you know that's Alsanna?
>>
>>323826837
Unless someone took it :^)
>>
>>323831535
>Manus being an angry dick doesn't necessarily make the Abyss bad

Indeed.

"Believe it or not... Oolacile has brought the Abyss upon itself. Fooled by that toothy serpent, they upturned the grave of primeval man, and incited his ornery wrath. What could they have been thinking?"
>>
File: 1325295198002.png (113 KB, 1433x1437) Image search: [Google]
1325295198002.png
113 KB, 1433x1437
Never bothered with DaS2, someone explain to me why is so bad that is canon?
>>
>>323831550
A better look gives away that it is not the same girl nor the same crown, so if it is yet another one of Manus's fragments that lasted long enough to be alive and well for DS3 then that crown would probably be similar to the ones from DS2 as well.

It could be another girl that is completely unrelated to Manus too, we don't fucking know.
>>
>>323831906
I only played DaS2 once, and I couldn't tell you what the story was. I felt like I was just bumbling around from place to place killing things.
>>
>>323831574
>Dark Souls was very implied to be cyclical as well.

While that's kind of true, (linking the fire leaves room for someone else eventually to kill you), Dark Souls' endings are polar opposites to the nth degree and are implied to have a degree of weight to making those decisions. The big thing is everyone felt gypped once they realized neither ending in Dark Souls mattered, amplified by DSII's blatant use of cycles.
>>
>>323831906
DaS2 story adds nothing and there's no reason for it to be canon or not
>>
>>323831951
>>323831727
It's Dark Souls 3's Maiden in Black/Emerald Herald/Doll

By the way, I hope Dark Souls 3's intro is narrated by that same old woman that did Dark Souls 1's
>>
>>323825315
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>323831078
>DSII establishes that no matter what, someone WILL find their way to the first flame and relight it.
Why. Explain what force causes this. Who is making this happen. What cosmic force is making that occur. Why can nobody stop the Fire Flame being relit.

If the Dark Souls 2 protag at max SL in lore having devoured the souls of Dragons, Giants, the reincarnations of the four Lords Souls and many of the Shards of Manus's Soul, basically being an unstoppably OP being that contains the power of nearly every significant Soul in history, just sat there with the Crowns on never hollowing, never dying, ever vigilant just fucking stood there and killed any challenger. How would it get lit?

Given the Souls he possesses how would anyone even become strong enough to challenge him?

>>323831262
Literally irrelevant to my post. Try reading what you respond to next time.
>>
>>323831906
It's basically just fanfiction
>>
>>323831456
Because the Crowns represent the Will of kings. Kings that failed individually, but together they have basically infinite will, and having will is what prevents you from hollowing.
>>
>>323831906
A good end is literally impossible if we go by DS2 canon.
>>
>>323832102
If it add nothing what's the problem with it being canon?
>>
>>323832127
I didn't actually read your post, it was too long. I just read the other anon replying to you and assumed things.

Sorry :-)
>>
>>323832146
The age of dark is impossible in DS2?
>>
>>323831906
DS1 made it ambiguous whether we did the right choice or not at the end of the game. Then DS2 shows us that both choices are wrong and there is no solution to the problem.
>>
>>323832146
The thing is, an end isn't possible in the Dark Souls universe. If it's a cycle, it will keep repeating itself. There's no end to it.

Basically, everything is irrelevant and your actions don't matter at all.
>>
>>323832256
Age of Dark is just not lighting the flame which Vendrick did.
>>
File: 1364803167610.jpg (39 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1364803167610.jpg
39 KB, 525x481
>>323832212
That's my boy!
>>
>>323832256

According to Aldia and Vendrick the solution lies "Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of dark".
>>
>>323826837
it would be cool if you can carry on your save file from ds2 in 3 and fight your previous character
>>
>>323832109

It is the same woman.

>>323831906

It had lots of good ideas that was unfortunately hampered by executive meddling.

>>323832127
>Why. Explain what force causes this

DSII establishes that as the first flame fades, the dark sign appears and attracts humans to it. This was something that wasn't apparent in Dark Souls, and that DSII added to justify why the player unknowingly ends up in Drangleic/why NPCs are there. It also has to deal with the theme of hollowing, losing memories.

>How would it get lit?

But now we're making assumptions about the protagonist and we'll never come to a conclusion, which was also part of DSII's themes funnily enough of why is your protagonist there.

If you yourself were in Drangleic, and you JUST found out that your whole nature of being is based on cycles? That you've relived this shit again and again, could you find the strength to sit in that room for millennia to prevent other warriors from lighting it? Kings of nations long past couldn't do it anon. Could you? But again we're just making assumptions about our respective protagonists and will get nowhere.
>>
>>323825315
Why wouldn't the second game in the series be canon?
>inb4 B team meme
>>
File: 1451400983754.jpg (144 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451400983754.jpg
144 KB, 720x1280
>these people acting like DS2 isn't just a video game that is somewhat worse than DS1 but literally Hitler or Satan
I mean, in some ways DS2 is actually even a bit better. The circlejerk amuses me though, so you're free to continue
>>
>>323832369
y-you too!
>>
>>323832342
The world of Dark Souls never saw another Age of Dark ever since Gwyn killed the everlasting dragons and lit the first flame.

Someone always comes by and kindles the flame before it happens.
>>
>>323832591
>It is the same woman.
and your source is? she doesn't even look anything like alsanna
>>
>>323832342
Yeah but DS2 establishes that for some unexplained magical reason someone WILL without fail always Link the First Flame no matter what. If someone rejects their destiny to relight the flame like Vendrick then destiny chooses another.

The flame literally cannot go out because something forces it to stay lit.

I think that the "Heirs of Flame/Lords of Cinder" concept in DS3 are beings that have the potential to link the fire and the DS3 protagonist has gone "ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT" and is systematically hunting down absolutely anyone that could possibly link the fire to nip the problem in the bud and finally let the world move on.
>>
>>323832806

Oh nonono the narrator is the same narrator from DaS1's intro is what I was talking about.
>>
>>323825315

DS1's lord of darkness ending was the canon one, so no, DS2 is still not canon.
>>
>>323832924
Oh, nice. How do you know? Is there an intro out already?
>>
>>323832813
The brand makes the Undead travel towards the first flame without knowing why, like a moth drawn to the flame. Our protag in DS2 headed for Drangleic in search for his "memories" but in reality he didn't even know what he was looking for, he was just being drawn to the first flame.

As the flame fades, more undead are drawn to it, and one of them will succeed at kindling it, it is inevitable.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (191 KB, 1872x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
191 KB, 1872x1080
>>323825573
It is a lord of Cinder, a heir to the flame.
In DS3 you are trying to stop the cycle and bring an age of darkness.

You have to kill the heirs to the flame. The dancer of the frigid valley boss in the DS3 network test is one, it's why when you kill her it say heir of fire destroyed.
>>
File: Springboob.jpg (27 KB, 311x325) Image search: [Google]
Springboob.jpg
27 KB, 311x325
>>323832813
>I think that the "Heirs of Flame/Lords of Cinder" concept in DS3 are beings that have the potential to link the fire and the DS3 protagonist has gone "ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT" and is systematically hunting down absolutely anyone that could possibly link the fire to nip the problem in the bud and finally let the world move on.

Oh my god you have no idea how happy I would be if this is the case. Holy shit anon don't play with me.

>>323833008

Crap I keep not using words correctly. From this DSIII trailer, which I'm gonna assume is going to be part of the intro to DSIII. The narrator here is the same for DaS1's cinematic intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2HIxuGi_2TQ#t=17
>>
Here is DS2 plot synopsis for those who didn't bother playing it but want to understand the plot of DS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oIi8a07Ac
>>
>>323833120
>and bring an age of darkness.
looks to me more like an age of ancients family.

>>323833179
>that orchestral score
Damn. I wish they recorded video footage of the orchestras recording that shit, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>323833075
Okay, so Human and Undead have been Linked to the Fire by Gwyn and feel an inextricable pull towards it. Fine.

But armed with full knowledge of the state of affairs as the DS2 protagonist is can he not simply resist the urge? Is is like super heroin or what? I mean I'm thinking of it like this, if you felt a need to jump off a bridge but knew doing so would kill you rationally I would like to think you would overcome the feeling that you need to do it because rationally it's bad.

I guess now we're getting into the territory of addiction and how hard it is to simply decide to quit a drug habit. But Fire must be some real dank shit if that's he case.
>>
>>323833681
In SOTFS you can walk away from the throne but even in the vanilla game it's not said if you actually link the flame or not.
>>
>people are now memeing that DS2 is canon

I fucking hate you DS1 fags, you do the exact samething in 2 as you do in 1. You have the exact same choice at the end of 2 as you do in 1 ffs.

If DS2 is canon the so is DS1.
>>
>>323833681
He does in the SoFS version ending, he just fucks off since he knows the state of affairs.

Doesn't matter tho, someone else will come and lit that shit up,that this is an undead magnet and it is fail proof, thanks Gwyn.
>>
>>323833681
Not really an addiction. He and the chosen undead just got their head filled with " YOU CAN STOP THE CURSE THIS WAY AND SHIT".
>>
>>323829064
hey dipshit, didn't you notice that the throne the queen bitch tricks you into going into is a fucking klin? Vendrick doesnt become shake and bake because the player does.
>>
>>323833387
Only the lead violin and Kokia's voice are real. Everything else is just computer orchestrated.

Hopefully it's just placeholder and will be performed by a live orchestra before the final release, like with Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 2's music was shit because none of it was real.
>>
>>323834415
Vendrick used the throne and chose not to light the flame.
>>
>>323834520

Wait how do you know all this? Is Emi Evans returning?
>>
>>323834520
You mean that male choir that enters at 1:09 is computer orchestrated?
Also how do you know? Did the composer reveal this info on his blog?
>>
>>323833929
But the topic is that something forces the flame to always be re-lit no matter what. If not the Chosen Undead then some other fucker. If not Vendrick than BotC, if not BotC then some other fucker. Someone WILL do it, they always do. Some force of destiny ensures that the flame never ever goes out and an Age of Dark will never happen.

But the question is why? Seems that the answer I've been given is essentially Fire addiction. But for the sake of argument if the DS2 protag just sat there at max Soul Level with maxed out gear, containing pretty much every Soul of note within himself being essentially unstoppably powerful, immortal, undying, unhollowing with no hope of any kind of reasonable challenge just guarded the Flame until it went out. What would stop that? What could stop that?

>>323834313
Well no, because people choose to not light it. If they can choose to not light then then why can't they then choose to stop anyone else from doing it? Why do they always fuck off?

>>323834040
But the point is why doesn't he just protect it? He's unstoppably OP with no hope of a good challenge and will never hollow or die. If he just stopped anyone else from lighting it then what would stop an Age of Dark? It seems to me that if the issue is that destiny or fire addiction keeps the flame being re-lit in a cycle then the solution for the DS2 protag is pretty obvious. Just guard it.
>>
>>323828278
ENB and the other of the DS1 lore guys didn't talk much about DS2 lore at all.
nobody cares about DS2 lore. PvP content barely even matters
>>
>>323834415
He's right though.
Vendrick never lit the flame because he lack the thing that makes him the true monarch.

He became just like any other undead, a hollow.
>>
>>323834663
>is Emi Evans returning?
Well she did the singing in both Dark Souls 1 and 2 so I don't see why she wouldn't be back.
>>
>>323832813
>unexplained magical reason

>live in a world of complete darkness
>oh look a light
>LOL WHY WOULD ANYTHING APPROACH THE LIGHT?

really, anon? you need some metaphysical explanation as to why things would be attached to something novel or unique when they are literally confined to a world of absolute nothing except said light?
>>
>>323834751
The answer to why is that every undead and their mother is feed bullshit myths and rumors about the Flame and their "allies" use them to further their own goals through lies and trickery.
>>
Stop pretending that you know the meaning of things that happen in the story. It's all ambiguous.
>>
>>323834751
Being unstoppably OP doesn't mean anything when the next guy has to go though the same stuff or worse to get to you while you sit in a room going hollow.
>>
File: 1419561831875.png (237 KB, 673x708) Image search: [Google]
1419561831875.png
237 KB, 673x708
>>323834974
DEEPEST LORE.
>>
>>323834801
>ENB and the other of the DS1 lore guys didn't talk much about DS2 lore at al

That is because DS1 fags are fucking retards. DS2 is the next part in the story thousands of years after DS1.

God I want to punch DS1 fags in the balls, nothing but a bunch of fanboy faggots with nostalgia goggles who refuse to move on.
>>
File: 2495430-1369415280081.jpg (22 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
2495430-1369415280081.jpg
22 KB, 359x305
Requesting someone make a DS2 Version of this with the Mannequin mask.
>>
>>323834801
>nobody cares about DS2 lore

Because unlike DS1, DS2 doesn't infodump the the majority of the shit into an intro video.
You have to play through the game to learn about it.
>>
>>323834751
>Why do they always fuck off?

It's implied that Vendrick and his posse are the first people to realize the cyclical nature of existence. I defer back to my earlier statement anon. If you just found out about the cyclical nature of existence, could you really stand in that room for millennia making sure no one lit the flame? On a purely practical level you'd have to take shits now and again, feel me?
>>
>>323829093
Gutts in his berserker armor duh
>>
>>323835241

Well to be honest friend DSII's themes, while interesting, aren't executed as well as Dark Souls 1's themes. It doesn't surprise me too much that people don't care for it.
>>
>>323835360
Throne Watcher and Defender didn't seem to care much.
>>
>>323834541
>>323834859

its literally an oven. stop listening to the evil queen bitch's bullshit. The giants had the klin and defended it because they knew what was up, then she told vendrik that its totally some super chair of power. he got it from the giants, realized she was fucking with him, and ran away. In typical serpant cunt fashion, queen bitch role played it up and told everyone the same bullshit she told vendrick to get your dumb ass to wander in it, sit in the little chair, and then she closed the door on you and turns on the gas. The dark lord ending is canon, this implies that further fire lighting wasnt left up to fate or free will, and that instead they were tossing undead into the throne and forcing them to set themselves on fire. in the first game, you dont actually choose to become the pillbarydough boy, Just being NEAR it catches your dried hallowing corpse on fire.

It was all a lie and you are still being tricked by the serpent.
>>
>>323833120
>It is a lord of Cinder, a heir to the flame.
Now if you note, the Giant Lord in DS2 wore Gwyn's clothes, mostly because he too was a heir to the flame
>>
>>323834415
The DS2 player fucks off with a crown that prevents him going bananas.
>>
>>323835481

True, but they had a charismatic king they were serving. From dialogue Vendrick was a pretty great guy, I'm sure they were honored with their post. But the player character has no king to serve.
>>
>>323833120
>In DS3 you are trying to stop the cycle and bring an age of darkness.
great, so the edgelord ending of DS1 is canon *shrugs*
>>
>>323835154
>It's all ambiguous.

It's not ambiguous at all. Like every other jrpg it's heavily based on traditional myths and legends from mainly western sources. It only seems like TOODEEP4U lore because you've never opened a history book, skimmed through a bible, or skimmed through some pre-modern fairytales.
>>
>>323835517
Okay so the Queen's plan was to trick you into lighting the flame, putting the Age of Dark on hold, by getting herself killed for no reason? Couldn't she just wait out side while you walked in and not died? Your idea is retarded.
>>
>>323834974
>>323834893
Sure, but the protagonists of DS1 and DS2 are depending on the players actions given a pretty full explanation of the situation. Look at Chosen Undead's case.

>Ending 1 - He just lights it himself either because he has been tricked or just thinks it's a cool thing to do.

>Ending 2 - He fucks off and is all "YEAH AGE OF DARKNESS BITCHES!" before some other dick comes and lights it and makes him, Frampt and Kaathe look like big stupid idiots for walking off and leaving it unprotected.

Or BotC. Depending on the player's actions they have a complete understanding of the situation. But for some reason is still unable to achieve the Age of Dark. Dark Souls 2 claims that its simply impossible to do and that the cycle will continue. It's said to be so impossible that instead of going with the never before tried option of just letting the Flame go out he looks for a third different option instead.

Dark Souls 2 suggests that the Flame being re-lit is some kind of destined inevitability without ever really explaining way.

Option 1 - Link the Fire and start the cycle again.
Option 2 - Don't link the Fire (NOTE: This is apparently impossible because the Fire will just be lit anyway because cycles).

It's because option 2 apparently being impossible that the protag goes off to find some other third option in the SotFS stuff. Shit doesn't really make sense.
>>
>playing dark shit 2
lmao
>>
>>323835517
If that was her plan why did she try to kill you before you entered the Kiln?
>>
>>323835870
(you)
>>
>>323835517
What you wrote there have absolutely nothing to do with Vendrick.

Vendrick never lit the flame, he only managed to use tohe throne to harness the souls to create a golem that helps him build the kingdom.

Also, in vanilla SotfS it was implied that whatever you do next is up to you.
You either continue sitting on the throne without lighting the flame and became the dark lord or ignite it to extend the age of fire.
>>
>>323835517
>The dark lord ending is canon

I'm sorry where is this coming from? In fact your post kind of falls apart when you start saying Nashandra WANTED undead to light the flame.

"If you proceed, Nashandra will come after you.
Knowing that you will take the throne, and link the fire.
She covets the First Flame"

Nashandra wanted you to open the door and kill the Throne Watcher and Defender so she could covet the First Flame herself, much like how the anon in here is saying "why didn't the player character defend the throne?" That's exactly what Nashandra was going to do.
>>
>>323835573
>50 dollar fanfiction dlc has a happy ending go-...guys
>>
>>323835701
>edgelord

Frampt please go away.
>>
>>323835806
Third option is probably just finding a good way to build an anti-undead wall to block the flame off.
>>
>>323835870
Yeah it's pretty boring if you're playing it again alone

But with a friend it's pretty fun. I've also noted that 99,9% of people whom I invaded had a friend playing with him too so I'm guessing I'm not the only one with that mindset.

DS2 is a pretty fun, if not tedious; co-op game.
>>
>>323835806
>without ever really explaining way.

The fact that there's ALWAYS a chosen undead is pretty much an explanation of why it will always be re-lit.
In DaS you are yet another chosen undead that happens to be successful.

If you fail there's bound the be more of them coming, be it in 100 or 1000 years later.
>>
>>323835981
>Fanfiction
How exactly is it fanfiction if it came from the main source?
Or are you mad it fucks up with your shitty game theories?
>>
>>323835878
Because Dark Souls 2 is a badly written mess that ruins the lore and story of the first game while adding nothing meaningful of it's own and mostly just rehashes/references the first game's lore in a considerably worse way.
>>
>>323835806
>Dark Souls 2 suggests that the Flame being re-lit is some kind of destined inevitability without ever really explaining way.

Because undead are attracted to it. And will eventually light it. In 100 years, or 1000 years, an undead will find the strength. We don't even know how many years it has been since Vendrick's reign ended.
>>
>>323835981
>literally hinted in DkS1 that the monarch's crowns have powers
>waaah it's all fanfic guys
>>
>>323836168
In what way does it ruin the lore of 1?

It is the exact same thing in a world thousands if years after DS1 happened.
>>
You all talk like Dark Souls 2 actually had a story to it and not just half assed thrown together.
Dark Souls story made sense. Dark Souls 2, ha.
>>
>>323836168

Again, where do you get off with your supposition that Nashandra wanted you to light the flame? It makes more sense that she wanted you to open the door because she didn't know how to. She lets you kill the Watcher and Defender because fuck doing it herself. Then when you do that, she opts to kill you so she can covet it herself.
>>
>>323836124
But the DS2 protag will never die and will never hollow thanks to the crowns. He additionally has every particularly powerful Soul in the world and is basically unstoppably powerful.

He alone is uniquely in the position where he could just stand there for as many millennia as it takes and stop anyone else from ever doing it again. It's not like anyone could pose a real threat to him.
>>
>>323836168
Nah, if anything I prefer DaS2 way of telling the lore bits by bits as the player goes through.

>i hate it and so it is bad
>I hate the game and every single fucking aspect of it
>reeeeee
>>
>>323836520
Except he apparently loses the crowns as seen in the trailer for 3.
>>
>>323835767
Giants keep the flame lit by chucking undead into it. Queen is manus, she is the abyss, she wants the throne so people cant chuck undead into it so they can bring back the age of darkness. The king realizes the throne is a nightmare machine that will summon undead, since it contains the first flame, and runs away from it because the fate of all the living is to become undead. When you enter the klin, its the stone giants that open the way for you and shut the door. Queen was preventing you from getting to the throne because she doesnt want anyone using it. Remember what happened when gyn set himself on fire? The entire area got nuked and all his little knights became monsters.
>>
>>323836398
>literally hinted in DkS1 that the monarch's crowns have powers

The crown's power subsiding in Dark Souls 1 should not have been expanded the way it was, anon. The crown shit in DSII is such crap.

>>323836520
>He alone is uniquely in the position where he could just stand there for as many millennia as it takes and stop anyone else from ever doing it again. It's not like anyone could pose a real threat to him.

Dawg we're going in circles. We're getting into the player character's head, which is just full of assumptions. Namely, can he or she ACTUALLY stand there for millennia, not withering, never faulting, and defend the first flame?
>>
>>323836573
I prefer to view it as "I hate it BECAUSE it's bad".

But you know, opinions etc.
>>
File: arin.png (617 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
arin.png
617 KB, 480x750
>>323827029
k
>>
>>323836652
Right but that other guy thinks the queen wants to light the fire despite trying to very clearly stop you.
>>
>>323836608
I know right!? What a fucking dipshit. I'd never let that shit get away from me if I had it.

Basically the DS2 protagonist became as close to all powerful as you can be in that setting and just failed to do anything cool or meaningful with that because he's retarded.

>>323836697
>Dawg we're going in circles.
OH GOD THIS THREAD IS TURNING INTO DARK SOULS 2'S PLOT

But for reals yeah, these are questions that there aren't good answers to and Dark Souls 3 seems to be rendering them irrelevant anyway.
>>
Why don't they just take the flame.... and put it underwater?
>>
So is it Anal Lando in the DaS3 trailer, or Drangleic?
>>
File: 1316603233452s.jpg (6 KB, 251x165) Image search: [Google]
1316603233452s.jpg
6 KB, 251x165
>>323836697
>The crown's power subsiding in Dark Souls 1 should not have been expanded the way it was, anon. The crown shit in DSII is such crap.

Oh, pls explain to us how it should of been expanded on in your special little snowflake way.

There is nothing to say how it should or shouldn't be expanded on. You get no more than a sentence with a vague explanation of it in DS1.
There is nothing of substance to give any meaning of how it should be expanded on in any way.

Pull your head out of your fucking ass, all this DS2 hate is pathetic. It is nothing but a bunch of DS1 fanboys who can't move on from the first game because of fucking nostalgia.
>>
File: Hmmm.png (101 KB, 302x410) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
101 KB, 302x410
>>323837203

You know...why not? Fuck what the hell.
>>
>>323837203
And let the mermen have the flame? Don't think so bub.
>>
I don't know anything about the lore in Dark Souls until Vaati makes his videos
>>
>>323837203
The First Flame isn't an oxygen based fire and Souls are water-flammable.
>>
>>323837206
It's neither, most probably.
Maybe Lothric from the network test, maybe some other location.
>>
>>323837206
It's Anor Londo, lemme find the image.

>>323837276
>your special little snowflake way.

I don't have a special way, I don't think it should've been expanded upon at all. It's stupid.

Why should we find the CROWNS of kings of old instead of their SOULS when Vendrick is said to have "peered into the essence of the SOUL." It's just really stupid, immensely so.

>DSII hate

Dawg I like DSII. A lot. Stop assuming things about me.
>>
>>323837206
Both.

Or neither.
>>
>>323837206
Drangleic is Lodran
>>
>>323827029
You've been here too long, you're beginning to see the world for what it really is and noone wants to you to break their illusions

There's nowhere else for us to go
>>
>you step into an old, ruined throne room, ceiling exposed to the sky through great rifts in the stone.
>a figure in armour not scene for millennia lies sat in the chair at the very center, a great blade lodged into the very stone at his feet.
>he hears the door, which has lain unopened for as long as he can remember, and his head cranes slightly.
>like muscle memory, he pushes himself to his feet with the creaking of old steel, stumbling but catching himself on the arm of his throne
>he grasps his blade by the pommel and tears it from the ground, almost effortlessly, before beginning a slow, stumbling march towards you.
>as he walks, his walk becomes more stable, more solid, eventually he is completely upright, as if nothing had happened.
>You have awakened him. The Chosen Undead.
>>
File: Anor.png (1 MB, 1599x1431) Image search: [Google]
Anor.png
1 MB, 1599x1431
>>323837206

The thing is it's most likely just used for visual flare, as there is no way most of the structures could stay intact but mountains could form around it.
>>
>>323837436
>I don't think it should've been expanded upon at all. It's stupid.

Why shouldn't it be expanded on? Because you decided to shitpost about it on /v/ for no real reason?
>>
>>323837436
>>323837442
>>323837473
Damn Souls time placement outta wack crap.
>>
>>323837206
pretty sure it's Majula/Drangleic destroyed
you can see the same aqueduct or whatever as in DkS2
>>
>>323837609
>Because you decided to shitpost about it on /v/ for no real reason?

Stop assuming things about me. I stated my reasons.

>Why should we find the CROWNS of kings of old instead of their SOULS when Vendrick is said to have "peered into the essence of the SOUL." It's just really stupid, immensely so.
>>
>>323837604
what do you think lives at the top of that castle?
>>
If everything is supposed to be the same in cycles why do we have soul memory and ADP in DS2????

Explain that DS2 shitters lol
>>
>>323837604
>sun over the ruins of Anal Rando
Gwyndolin confirmed alive.
>>
I hope it'll be possible to import my old character from SotFS in some way or form as a story continuation, since you reject the cycle there right?

Would redeem DkS2 in my eyes
>>
>>323837586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llS87avh2w

>this is the boss music
>>
>>323837772
Dr Wily.
>>
>>323837737
>>Why should we find the CROWNS of kings of old instead of their SOULS when Vendrick is said to have "peered into the essence of the SOUL." It's just really stupid, immensely so.

This makes no sense what so ever as to why it shouldn't be expanded on.

You are just shitposting now and coming out with stupid shit.
>>
>>323837971
>This makes no sense what so ever as to why it shouldn't be expanded on.

Okay what the heck man, are you illiterate? It makes more sense to find kings of old's souls than their crowns, and it makes more sense for Vendrick's research into souls to somehow make it so the player can be immune to the curse. That is as simple as I can make it for you.

>You are just shitposting now and coming out with stupid shit.

Where is this coming from holy shit man. I've been nothing but civil with you.
>>
>>323837876
Importing would be pointess. Importing stats or gear would break the game progression/design unless they start you on higher levels of NG+ difficulty based on Soul Level. But even then mechanics, stats and items have changed making that impossible.

Beyond that it's not like there are choices to import. And characters look like shit so who cares about appearance data?

What would you import?
>>
>>323838239
You aren't playing the same character so maybe he wants a Dragon's Dogma style final boss where his last character is what he has to fight.
>>
File: 1439047379507.jpg (517 KB, 1065x990) Image search: [Google]
1439047379507.jpg
517 KB, 1065x990
>>323838371
>that spoiler
wew lad
>>
>>323838371
>>323838464
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>323838124
>It makes more sense to find kings of old's souls than their crowns
Their souls don't stop you from hollowing, their crowns do.

>and it makes more sense for Vendrick's research into souls to somehow make it so the player can be immune to the curse.

But souls don't cure the curse, they give power. It doesn't matter how much he researched them because they don't do anything to stop the curse.
>>
File: You call now.jpg (69 KB, 856x667) Image search: [Google]
You call now.jpg
69 KB, 856x667
>>323838371

Thanks for that spoiler, sincerely.
>>
Real question, what the fuck happened to the serpents?

I do not understand their motivations why 1 wants age of fire and the other age of darkness.

They both presumably come from the abyss why wouldn't both want the age of dark?
>>
>>323838371
>You aren't playing the same character
I mean, you're almost certainly right. But it's not strictly impossible that the protagonist is the Chosen Undead or Bearer of the Curse.
>>
>>323838593
Maybe he just didn't like the other Serpent.
Maybe he was Gwyn's pal.
Maybe he was just one of Gwyndolin's tentacles in an overgrown state
Maybe he just liked dicks
>>
>>323838464
>>323838513
>>323838592
Only happens in NG+ though so no worries PCfriends ;)
>>
>>323825315
... why wouldn't Dark Souls 2 be canon retard? I know you're trying to stir shit but you should AT LEAST try.
>>
>>323838737
I already played it on PS3 2 years ago though, so you didn't really spoil me. It's just a cunt thing to do for new players.
Also it only happens if you're playing in offline.
>>
>>323838593
>Real question, what the fuck happened to the serpents?
The hack writers that wrote Dark Souls 2 forgot about them.

>I do not understand their motivations why 1 wants age of fire and the other age of darkness.
Kaathe is pretty clearly into the abyss but Frampt is more ambiguous. Sure he advocates the Age of Fire but he could be playing the odds or be up to something else, him showing up in the Dark Lord ending calls which side he is really on into question.
>>
>>323838867
Yeah if you're online you fight another player's character and pawn.
>>
File: 1435685031416.png (112 KB, 421x446) Image search: [Google]
1435685031416.png
112 KB, 421x446
>>323835262
fuck me
i bought Scholar and now can't join to 2 friends in vanilla DS2
fuck this shit
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>323838593
Aldia out-jewed them by being the greatest dentist alive.
>>
>>323838585
>Their souls don't stop you from hollowing, their crowns do.

But why? We're given a hint in Dark Souls 1 that Gwyn's crown had some kind of power lord knows when. It's inconsequential to the themes and story of Dark Souls.

And now crowns are elevated to the such a status that they can cure the curse if Vendrick does...something with them. It's out of nowhere, and just doesn't gel with me.

>It doesn't matter how much he researched them because they don't do anything to stop the curse.

Interesting point. But it still bothers me to no end. Guess we'll agree to disagree.

>>323838593

I always interpreted the headless serpents at the Shrine of Winter that Vendrick and his posse murdered them some time ago.
>>
What the fuck is Aldia? Is he a tree? What was he turned into? I literally can't see a face, only multiple red eyes
>>
>>323839023
>mfw seven wisdom teeth they pulled out looked exactly like those
>>
>>323838932
>The hack writers that wrote Dark Souls 2 forgot about them.

Oh right, as if those statues with headless serpent means nothing.
They're most likely fucking dead.
>>
Is there Aldia artwork anywhere?
>>
>>323839202

He probably fused his being with that of a giant(when they pass they become trees) but somehow it gave him the ability to be anywhere and everywhere he wants.
>>
Considering DS2 is thousands of years after DS1 with several kingdoms fallen and risen during that time, what is to say they didn't just die off?
>>
>Crowns are the cure!

This is the dumbest shit. The whole transition back into the Age of Ancients shit in DaS3 is better than that shit.
>>
One thing I don't understand in DkS1 is why do you survive the fall into the Firelink Altar when Frampt isn't there.

Indication of some alternate path where you reject both serpents that was scrapped perhaps?
>>
File: PPSR1un5lvlo1_500.png (288 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
PPSR1un5lvlo1_500.png
288 KB, 500x309
>>323839316
Only one on deviantart and it's pretty meh.
Aldia deserves more love though, he was pretty based.
>>
>>323839576
They are not a cure though, they just stop you from hollowing. You also have to be wearing them for it to work.

The curse is still out there and there are many other undead.
>>
Reminder, Miyazaki praised dark souls 2 and said he considers it part of the series

reminder that dark souls 1 fucking blows gameplay wise
>>
>>323839815
wrong
>>
>>323839584
The original idea was that andre of astora would open a door to the shrine for you.

Andre in the original version being the son of gwyn.
>>
>>323839843
wrong
>>
>>323839945
wrong
>>
File: 1359500774000.jpg (596 KB, 1759x1337) Image search: [Google]
1359500774000.jpg
596 KB, 1759x1337
>>323839605
Oh, I meant concept artwork. Like pic related
>>
>>323839815
Playing SotFS right now, and it plays like shit compared to Bloodborne.
Going to check back with Dark Souls to see if it's this fucking clunky and slow.
>>
File: iRpzC.jpg (86 KB, 588x720) Image search: [Google]
iRpzC.jpg
86 KB, 588x720
>>323832623

When people don't like a game they just say "IZ NOT CANON!!!".

See the Metal Gear series for example.
>>
>>323840016
>Going to check back with Dark Souls to see if it's this fucking clunky and slow.

It is, i'm playing SotFS and I started a new game of DS1.

DS1 is clunck and slow, DS2 is silky smooth and about twice as fast.
>>
>>323839256
Given that they're described as Primordial and seem to date back to the Age of Ancients and couldn't be slain by the Chosen Undead(due to huge health and the sense to just retreat) and are effectively two of the most significant characters in the lore of DS1 in terms of importance to events in that world, it's shitty hack writing to kill them off off-screen between games without explaining how or why they were killed and only reference it vaguely in the art design and not even in the lore.

That's hack fucking writing.

Especially when they were one of the few things from DS1 that should have actually shown up in a sequel since 1. they're incredibly long lived, basically matching dragons and potentially actually being immortal from an age perspective and 2. learning more about their knowledge and intentions would have actually elaborated on the story and world of DS in an interesting way relevant to developing the story.
>>
>>323840274
Just because they are primordial doesn't mean they are imortal. DS2 is thousands of years after DS1, they could of died out just like many other creatures over time.
>>
I hope we get to kill some faggot serpents.

Let's see you grind your teeth now you fuck.
>>
>>323835701

Either of them would lead to DS3, the CU won't burn forever.
>>
File: DONKEY KONG IS HERE.png (237 KB, 542x908) Image search: [Google]
DONKEY KONG IS HERE.png
237 KB, 542x908
>pve
BB>DaS2>DeS>DaS

>pvp
DaS2>DeS>BB>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>aids>>>>>>>>>>modern warfare 3>>>>>>>DaS

having played these games since demons was released in japan, dark souls is easily the worst game. its slow, the ai is terrible, enemies lack tracking turning every fight into the same thing unless its just not possible to get behind a monster (bed of chaos), parrying is extremely easy and requires no timing at all, the weapon variety sucks balls, and the online deserves to be cited right up with gay pride parades in the top ten worst things to happen in the last 50 years

it just blows ass, and they nerfed all the fun things in the game, like the claymore and ninja flip rig (which was the only thing that made the game not slow as molasses)
>>
>>323840769

The toothy monsters in the Sunken Crown DLC are implied to be related to Kaathe and Frampt and co.

Both the covetous gold and silver serpent rings are imperfect dragons

The area where you fight those toothy monsters is called the "Lake of the Imperfect."
>>
File: das3.png (796 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
das3.png
796 KB, 1280x720
>>323840769
>I hope we get to kill some faggot serpents.
The one coiling around the bleeding sun might be a bit too big for you.
>>
Why can't it be April now?
I don't want to wait three more months ;_;
>>
>>323840673
I'm not saying they are for a fact. I'm saying they seem to suggest that they've been around since before the Age of Fire and are extremely long lived, which potentially could suggest immortality(At least in terms of ageing) like Dragons. And it is said that death did not exist before the First Flame, so if they did in-fact predate the First Flame then in theory that means that like Dragons they would be immortal.

Regardless if there is imagery of them having been killed in imagery from Vendrick's Kingdom that suggests that they did not die of old age and also died potentially quite recently.

And even more regardless killing them off without explanation or even a mention in the lore is hack fucking writing given their importance, doubly so when they're one of the few Dark Souls 1 things that should have been in the sequel and Dark Souls 2 already contains so much Dark Souls 1 stuff that should not have been in the sequel.
>>
>>323840979
Separate the PvP into two categories.

PvP: Invasions
DaS>DeS>DaS2>BB

PvP: Dueling
DaS2>BB>DeS>DaS

That being said, dueling is for faggots and Invasion is best PvP.
>>
File: 1445699493412.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445699493412.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>323841149
>It's coming out in three months

WHAT THE FUCK

When did this happen? Where's all my time going?
>>
>>323841359
You're getting old anon. Someday you will die and you'll never get to play Souls anymore.
>>
>>323841330
>He didn't like DaS2 invasions

Should have used lances, every time someone ran away to heal it was a free kill
>>
>>323841004
pretty sure they're just rehashed dragon asses
>>
>>323830231
Oolacile tried the beta for Age of Dark. It didn't go well
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1884x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1884x1080
>>323841359
The sands of time flow quicly, mr frog poster.

I thing the game release 1 week early in Japan on March 27th,should be able to unlock early with a VPN.
>>
>>323841330
>That being said, dueling is for faggots and Invasion is best PvP.
Effortlessly slaying faceless pvetards in the same gear gets boring after a while, my man.
>>323841562
He was probably talking about the lack of full eye orbs and SM, although none of these are really a huge problem since you can get infinite red eye orbs from Aldia's keep and Agape Ring is a thing as well.
>>
>>323841330
You are 100% correct.
>>
>>323841562
Didn't enjoy any of the invasion areas because the maps were all eyesores.

Also
>soul memory
>cracked red eye orbs
>>
>>323841580
Mechanically maybe, but lorewise it's a city built by an archdrake cult around a sleeping dragon, of course they tried to replicate the object of their worship.
>>
Have we seen halberds in DS3 yet? I liked the move set for them in DS2, as well as their ridiculous damage, but the sweetspot shit made them almost unusable. I hope we get a combo of all three Souls title's halberd move sets. Imagine the Mirdan Hammer, Dark Soul's standard halberd and the Mastodon Halberd's move sets all in one game.

All that variety mane
>>
>>323841845
>not giving the host a bad time
>not wanting hate mail
>"PvE gear"
>>
>>323825315
Of course Dark Souls 2 is canon
Why would you think otherwise?
>>
>>323825315
Why would it not be canon?
>>
>>323842119
I liked the sweet spot aspect of the weapons.
Its a good trade off, but I wish it only effected the damage instead of a durability in some weapons.
>>
>>323841359
As you age your perception of time distorts and you perceive events happening faster than they really are. It's why when you were a child a 5 minute time out in a corner felt like it was forever but now you blink and it's over.

It only gets faster as you age.
>>
>>323842119
>>323842384
I wish they'd just remove durability. What's the fucking point of that mechanic, honestly?
>>
>>323832081
DSII's endings are just as opposed/vague. They just weren't meme'd.
>>
>>323842119
Sweetspots are fine, just give halberds a couple of moves without them like pokes, for example.
>>
>>323842458
In Demon's the durability mechanic existed so that Scraping FUCK YOU could exist.

In Dark Souls it shouldn't have existed

In Dark 2 they tried to do something with it but fucked up and some weapons were downright worthless because of it.

In Bloodborne it only becomes noticeable if you use the Tonitrus or bad durability gems.

They really should get rid of it, it isn't a good, or even noticeable, mechanic.
>>
>>323842434
>tfw you don't actually live till 80, but actually till 50 or 60

damn ;_;
>>
>>323842621
>DSII's endings are just as opposed/vague

No...they're not. Either ending leads to someone rekindling the flame. Did you not play the game?
>>
>>323842779
Durability was hardly noticeable in Dark Souls l. Unless you used a katana or a weapon with a special R2 ability.
I assume it was for balancing.
>>
>>323827029
Which explains why Dark Souls 2 consistently has more players and has a more active online scene.
>>
>>323835471
I don't really agree with this at all. A lot of DaS1 lore is just extrapolated and colloquially agreed on. The problem with DaS2's lore is that its similarly presented, but bandwagoning idiots decided instead of talking lore they would leap down everyone's throats and laugh if something wasn't 100% explained in full.

Then they'd reference popular DaS "lore" as an example of how to "do it right".
>>
File: 1442875243881.gif (866 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442875243881.gif
866 KB, 500x281
>>323842779
>old knight halberd
>low durability because old knight gear
>even lower durability again because halberds were fucked
>it lasted you probably 7-10 hits
>b-team thought this was ok
>>
>>323842853
It's a blessing to be honest my family. It's why old people don't have a problem with sitting around watching game shows and sleeping. If their perception of time was that of a child's they'd be miserable.
>>
>>323843203
Ever used a whip? Good, don't.

If you do bring like 10 spares, holy shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.