[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
- Portal takes place around the events of Half-Life 1. - Portal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
- Portal takes place around the events of Half-Life 1.
- Portal 2 takes place many many years after Portal 1 and all is good in the world.
- During the events of Hal-Life 3 you beat the Combine and restore earth.

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>323483081
>Portal 2 takes place many many years after Portal 1 and all is good in the world.

I think in Art Therapy it's made clear that it actually hasn't been centuries since Portal 1, but literally just a few years.
>>
>>323483928
Then how is everything fine at the end of Portal 2? Earth doesn't look like that during the Combine occupation.
>>
I already accepted HL3 is not happening, what i feel is nothing.
>>
>>323483081
Like somebody needs to prove it. Gabe N. needs to prove it
>>
>>323483081
You're implying that the place portal takes place is where the combine invaded. It would be very fucking stupid for Aperture Science to put their test facility in the most known places of the world. Hell, we don't even know where anything takes place anymore in source games.
>>
>>323484267
Well, you dont see the entire world in either games.
>>
>>323484267
Why are you extrapolating seeing one small area of no importance to "everything is fine on the planet"
>>
>>323485060
>>323484996
You see where the portal facility takes place at the end of Portal 1 and you know that the Combine drained the oceans. The ending scene to portal 2 is just not possible if not a lot of time has passed and the Combine are gone.
>>
>>323486447
Combine draining the oceans has nothing to do with either ending.
I don't know what point you're trying to make by saying we see the outside at the end of portal 1.
How can you prove that the combine are gone by two ending scenes?
>>
Is earth doomed in the HL universe? Like is the planet unsustainable now?
>>
>>323484869
Doesn't Portal take place in Michigan?
>>
>>323489328
Fuck if I know. Pretty sure the games don't mention it so...
>>
>>323483081
wasn't it proven that the field at the end was just on like a soundstage or something?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.