[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why can Rufus and the Turks fight Cloud and the others on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Rufus.jpg (188 KB, 771x720) Image search: [Google]
Rufus.jpg
188 KB, 771x720
So why can Rufus and the Turks fight Cloud and the others on equal terms? Cloud is a super soldier and his friends are similar things. The Turks just have really nice suits, and Rufus' only superpower is the ability to survive pointblank explosions in his office.
>>
Rufus had his guard dog with him. Also 2bh they technically lose every battle seeing as completing the main story creates the canon.
>>
I never knew Rufus was still alive.
>>
>>323474705
He isn't. The FF7 movie is not canon and has been stated as such by Square.
>>
>>323474785
Everything is canon in all of the FF7 spinoff crap, even if it shouldn't be.
>>
>>323472538
The Turks are best of the best and use a lot of cool gadgets to get things done. A lot of them use Mako for weapons. There's a reason they exist while SOLDIER does, as well.

Because it's their job.
>>
>>323472538
it's mako. i ain't gonna explain this shit
>>
I hope Flynn returns as Reno.
>>
Cloud and the gang weren't lv.99 when fighting the Turks.
>>
>>323472538
They can't. In the game, the Turks are never implied to be able to match Cloud. There's nothing showing that he ever breaks a sweat against them.

In Advent Children, Cloud and the others can jump crazy high, enough to easily leap small buildings. Reno needs to climb up the building since he can't jump nearly as high.
>>
>Reno in FFVII
>Level headed cool guy who carries out his orders with efficiency and confidence
>Reno in Advent Children
>Clown who can't tell his nose from his ass
>>
>>323476073
>Elena in FFVII
>Best girl
>Elena in Advent Children
>Dead.
>>
>>323472538
>Rufus
>equal terms
You mean that 2 minute segment where he has a guard dog and if i remember correctly also casts protection on himself while still running away like a bitch?
>>
>>323476073
Seems to me he still performs every order without flinching and more or less actually completes every objective they were set out to do. Only time he and the Turks get jobbed in the whole movie were when they were against the main villains, who, when all together, run a train on Cloud and company.
>>
>>323476647
It's how he behaves that's the issue. He went from a professional to almost comic relief sidekick.
>>
Turks are highly capable operatives, i don't think they are that far behind soldiers in terms of power. Plus they are using gadgets and other shit to win while Cloud only relies on sword and magic.

Plus in the beginning they are fighting a poor, mindbroken version of Cloud who doesn't most likely even realizes his full potential. Highly doubt Turks would be able to do shit against omnislash.
>>
File: VIICC_Cissnei.jpg (76 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
VIICC_Cissnei.jpg
76 KB, 960x544
>>323472538
Is she dead?
>>
>>323477151
I think a lot of that has to do with the differences between the original english and jap dialogue. In the jap version he comes across as generally lazy and unprofessional because of how he speaks, though he's still ruthless and gets the job done when it's needed.

In the english version, from what I remember they played him pretty straight for the most part in his dialogue, professional and ruthless, but then you still get a few joke scenes where deadpan murderer is on vacation and doesn't bother going after Cloud and company, even though it's pretty much priority number one at this point. His laziness comes across as a bit more "subtle" in the english version I guess.

I suppose you could see it as him kind of mellowing out a bit in AC and taking things less seriously, Shinra's really not much of a thing anymore. This is fine if you're talking about the Jap Reno, but pretty jarring for English Reno.
>>
>>323479694
Aside from some of the music, she was the only good thing in crisis core.
>>
>>323476451

She is actually alive.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.