[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to cheat codes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-01-10-095746.jpg (68 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-10-095746.jpg
68 KB, 960x544
They made some older games even more enjoyable. you could do things like make characters tiny, bobble heads, invisible, make all buildings throwable, or unlock unique gear and charecters you couldn't get naturally. They added to the fun of the games and were completely optional. So why did such a fun feature die out?

#fuck konami
>>
DLC
We've been over this many times before, but your dumb ass couldn't read back then.
>>
>>323434098
Because internet.
>>
>>323434098
Were there any games in 2015 that had cheat codes?

From what I see, cheat codes got replaced or mixed among console commands. Literally every decent game engine (and even some shit ones) allow you to bring up command line where you can input commands.
>>
>>323434098
I always loved how cheat codes spread when I was in primary school. One kid would get told one by his cousin, then he'd be hot shit for a week while he showed off the new cheat code he learned. Then he'd tell somebody, or somebody would watch him use it enough that they worked it out, they'd tell everyone, and it'd be all over the school.
I miss shit like this.
>>
>older games
player.additem 0000000f 9999999
>>
>>323434098

They died because of...

Achievements/Trophy's
Leaderboards
>>
achievements
>>
You cant make money off guides and cheat magazines anymore since you can just look it up on the net
>>
they still have cheat codes in modern games, they're just usually 16 characters long and on a plastic card in your wallet
>>
>>323435491
console codes aren't the same thing because they exist for debugging reasons.
>>
>>323435640
Where's the correlation between cheats and those?

Also GTA confirmed for best cheats. Cars can fly.
>>
>>323435491
That is debug code
>>
>>323435321
GTA V kinda counts.
>>
>>323436739
>>323436250
It's not debugging if it was left in the open for the release version.
>>
>>323436130
Huh, mine doesn't seem to work, care to lend yours?
>>
>>323435491
>adding the 000000
zozzle
>>
>>323436868
yes it is. It doesn't stop having a purpose if it stay in the coding. Games have content that has been cut but still in the coding as well as stuff that has been cut that remains in the open, the fucking bridge door in bloodborne comes to mind.

It still exist for debugging purposes.
>>
IDCLIP. Greatest code of all time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.