[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw Ronnie came up with Soma two years before anybody else did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg (247 KB, 900x578) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg
247 KB, 900x578
>yfw Ronnie came up with Soma two years before anybody else did
>>
>>323423042
soma was definitely in production by then
>>
>>323423042
>what is The Emperor's New Mind which was published in 1989
>>
>>323423042

soma started production in 2010

but considering it took them 5 years to make one half-decent game maybe it would have been better off in Ronnie's hands
>>
>philosophical question dating as far back as 1775

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletransportation_paradox

For a more recent version, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc
>>
>>323423042
>implying this isn't the oldest Sci Fi trope ever
>>
>>323423042
>Soma is the one who came up with that kind of paradox
>>
Should I play Soma? The beginning was neat but then the horror bit started and it's all just so tiresome.

Wow, everything's dark and I can't see shit, how scary. I already played Doom 3.

Does it get better?
>>
>>323423765
There is a mod that pacifies monsters so you don't have to go through the shitty gameplay
>>
>>323423527

Oldest sci-fi trope is man's creations turning against him because of his hubris in seeking knowledge Man Was Not Meant to Know. That one dates back to 15th-century folktales about golems.
>>
>>323425424
That was probably supposed to be jew propaganda to sell more pendants of control golem though.
>>
>>323425424
ME AM PLAY GOD
>>
>>323423512
I remember that Star Ocean 3's teleporters were like this, in that they didn't actually teleport someone, but disintegrated someone at point A and recreated them at point B

And jammers can have the person disintegrated but since the signal is jammed they don't get re-created. But most teleporters were made with failsafes with that in mind
>>
>>323425756
post it, i can't find it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.