[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XCOM 2 and potential sequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
So I was actually thinking why some people are salty about the direction Firaxis took when making XCOM 2.

I mean some of these people are either disappointed or angry that the whole blowing up the Temple Ship in EU/EW isn't canon and XCOM went underground when the aliens waltzed in, conquered Earth, and the governments betrayed XCOM by making peace with the ayys. As well making Bradford the game's equivalent to Big Boss.

Then we have a totalitarian Earth ruled over by the aliens via ADVENT and XCOM are terrorists in name only/guerilla fighters that fight against ADVENT and those who are working with them.

I say that depending on how XCOM 2 will end, it will have greater potential for a sequel actually. Even greater than the win scenario in EU/EW.
>>
>>323308193

V-vigilo confido?
>>
XCOM 2 starts the way it does because half the fun of the series is going from technological rags to riches. Where do you go if your military starts with top end alien gear already?
>>
>>323308883
Vigilo Confido.

Also does anyone think that a sequel set in a cyberpunk future after XCOM defeats ADVENT would be a good thing?
>>
>>323308193
>So I was actually thinking why some people are salty about the direction Firaxis took when making XCOM 2.
to me it kind of cheapens all of your efforts in XCOM to have been defeated off screen. kind of like a boss fight you can't win.

that said, i will play XCOM 2
>>
>>323309256
Go for even more advanced technology.

And I thought about this. How? By giving XCOM a even more terrifying and advanced enemy.

Also add to this that stuff like Plasma Weapons, or the OP as fuck Alloy Cannon for Assaults, isn't cheap at all, therefore XCOM would still be rags while the riches would go to the experienced soldiers.
>>
>>323309551
Me too.

Actually going guerilla warfare is very interesting.

Also best part? You can surprise the aliens.
>>
File: FIRE EVERYTHING.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FIRE EVERYTHING.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>323309304

Well i think this is the closest we will come to xcom apocalypse, hopefully we get terror from the deep next time.
>>
Why is ApocXcom the only ones who through in using chermical warfare?
>>
>>323309590
You're stepping into pretty ludicrous high fantasy science fiction territory at that point though. I understand XCOM has always been a campy series but there needs to be some relative grounding in reality so you feel like you're defending your home.
>>
File: 1353477646918.gif (893 KB, 242x136) Image search: [Google]
1353477646918.gif
893 KB, 242x136
>>323309551
How, exactly? XCOM2 doesn't invalidate your own playthrough.
>>
>>323309786
...What?
Get the fuck out until you can english properly, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>323309760
Well XCOM 2 is somewhat of a spiritual successor to Apocalypse.

Terror of The Deep would be sweet. But under one condition.

That the enemies would make Lovecraft proud.

>>323309786
Well considering the enemy is organic in that game, then I don't see nothing wrong with that.

>>323309825
Doesn't need to be high fantasy.

How about biotechnology? And the aliens using it being eldritch monstrosities that can attack from dimensional portals like in X-COM Apocalypse?
>>
>>323309256
I'd like to see XCOM 3 have a Starships/Civilization campaign map of the Galaxy (designed, not procedurally generated, even though other elements may be, like the planets themselves). You go around conquering the different planets the aliens occupy. Some planets obviously being homeworlds to the aliens they've enslaved and used as super soldiers.in thise battles you fight primarily those kind of enemies (or robots if you're attacked primarily a manufacturing planet), but also you get to team up with the locals like they're own fledging XCOM but nowhere near as successful on their own. You get to upgrade ships/troop frieghters, have battles between starships. Battlefield combat still being the most important aspect though.
>>
>>323310128

>that gif

MAXIMUM FAP
>>
>>323308193
I'm still not sure if I should preorder Digital Deluxe or get it cheaper from g2a and the season pass when it's on a discount.
>>
>>323310397
In my case I'd see it like this:

- Years after ADVENT and aliens got beaten.
- Humanity got on a better tech level.
- Aliens are still around, but they are now 2nd class citizens and the world is cyberpunk tier of bad, but at least people don't get removed mysteriously.
- Aliens from another dimension appear, different from those in XCOM and XCOM2 as they have scary biotech and are overall abominable eldritch things.
- XCOM enters the fray, but now they'll need much more than what they had previously...so they take in the 2nd class citizen aliens to fight them, yet old hostilities start to flare up.
- Now both humans and ayys have to fight and die side-by-side against eldritch organic ayys that are removing people and replace them with meat puppets to control the large corporations and then sabotage the war effort.
- Now we X-COM: Apocalypse with dimensional travelling...though XCOM2 is a spiritual X-COM: Apocalypse.
>>
>>323310840
Wait for it first how it will look like when it's finally released.

Or if you really like it, then go for it.
>>
>>323310904
Cont.

- Can assemble a team mixed up from both humans and the aliens from XCOM and XCOM2.
- Racial stuff. At first both sides don't like each other, but over time they start to tolerate each other more and more.
- Alien soldiers would be more powerful, but would also be rarer and level slower than human ones.
- Giant Overspawn boss battle.
- Covert missions where you infiltrate corporations and kill off meat puppet people the eldritch aliens replaced the normal ones.
- Doing invasions into eldrtich locations.
- EXALT and the ADVENT collaborator guys are back, and now they made a apocaliptic cult that aids the eldritch ayys. You need to terminate them too.
>>
File: 1452339546397.jpg (61 KB, 631x780) Image search: [Google]
1452339546397.jpg
61 KB, 631x780
>>323310840
I got the DDE but that's purely because I would definitely buy all the DLC, so I said fuck it. XCOM EU provided me with 400+ hours of enjoyment.
>>
>>323310128
i suppose it only invalidates it in my head, my personal hang up about narrative when what is important is expanding upon XCOM's gameplay
>>
>>323311782
Not that anon, but I don't see anything wrong to have XCOM more narrative in certain parts, but only as long as it won't drastically affect the gameplay.
>>
80 engineers says Doctor Vahlen is going to show up as a fucking traitor cyborg
>>
>>323312243
She might be that Conduit enemy.
>>
>>323312243
Dunno.

Heard she holed herself in Antarctica in the novelization of XCOM 2.
>>
>>323312364

The base in Antarctica got raided and there was no sign of her left there.
>>
>>323312898
OH SHIT

Hoping she got away.

That, or that she got forced to work for ADVENT and she needs to be saved.

I really need to read XCOM 2: Resurrection.
>>
>>323313094

She's probably traitor on purpose and just like Deus Ex human revolution it's gonna make me wish i could crush her skull.
>>
>>323313332
We'll have to wait when the game finally gets released.
>>
>>323313094
ADVENT SHALL KNOW THE GREAT COMMANDERS WRATH FOR TAKING HIS BELOVED
>>
>>323313706
And it's going to be a bloody path cut with Ranger machetes.
>>
>>323313863
Also BTW, does anyone think about taking in a American Ranger, give him a hokey mask and call him Jason?
>>
>>323314278
Yep.
One of the first things I thought of when I saw the hockey mask.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.