[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (684 KB, 2500x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
684 KB, 2500x1280
Didn't Max Max have a son? Why is it a daughter in the game?
>>
Max is a myth, not a man. The details don't matter. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
Max isn't a real character in the world per se, he serves as a portal into the world, hence in the movies no real continuation.
>>
>>323280234
He has a child in Max 1 who may have been a boy but they retcon mad Max 1 anyway and say his wife and toddler child were run down. Mad Max isn't consistent enough to take issue with little bullshit
>>
Feminists
>>
>>323280234
>>323281375
I just headcanon that the three different 'versions' of Max that we've seen (original movies, Fury Road, and the video game) have been three different men, with the latter two hearing about the legend of the former and copying him. It would explain why Fury Road Max and video game Max seem to be operating several generations after the apocalypse, despite original Max being a cop pre-apocalypse.
>>
File: 1446708472889.png (88 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
1446708472889.png
88 KB, 294x258
>>323283129

>yfw the mad max in fury road is the kid that max gives the toy to at the end of thunderdome
>>
>>323283129

Fury Road Max is implied to have been a former cop (or perhaps /trained/ by a former cop) from his skills and what remains of his uniform being an officer's outfit.

It's...just roll with it.
>>
>>323283338
Which seems ridiculous since Max in Fury Road was obviously born post-apocalypse (everyone is completely tribal with no pre-apocalypse knowledge, even the people older than him - this HAS to be at least a few generations in). Hence why I feel like he's just assumed the Max identity after hearing about the legend - whether intentionally or because he's, you know, mad and just thinks he's him. It doesn't seem unreasonable that he could have found a police outfit somewhere.
>>
>>323283129
I've always thought that Mad Max 1 was still in a post-apoc setting since most of the buildings were kinda wrecked and heavy post-apoc wasn't implimented due to budget
>>
File: some weather, huh.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
some weather, huh.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
game is fun
>>
>>323283548
Max is immortal you dumbshit. That's why he has pre-apocalypse knowledge despite looking younger than people born post apocalypse like.
>>
>>323283779
Nope, it was described as dystopian. There was still society and governments, etc, but it was a shell of its former self. It was between the first and second movies that the actual nuclear annihilation happens.
>>
File: 49d.jpg (128 KB, 717x473) Image search: [Google]
49d.jpg
128 KB, 717x473
>>323283838
>Chasing a convoy
>storm approaching
>>
>>323283964
>>323283779
Mad Max 1 was set right on the threshold of nuclear apocoplypse
>>
>>323283548
He starts out Fury Road driving the Black on Black. You can pretend to be a legend you've heard of, but you can't pretend a car out of thin air.

Unless you assume that it's something like the dread pirate Roberts, and Max just hands his identity down to someone else. That's a pretty flimsy logic though.
>>
>>323284018
As I said, the apocalypse happened between 1 and 2.
>>
>>323283989
I actually wish that would happen to me convoys aren't intense enough
>>
>>323284049
Well, if it's generations after as it seems, original Max is probably dead. Fury Road Max could have found the car. Or found a similar model and rebuilt it based on the stories.
>>
>>323284049
If you're looking for continuity over a series of films, Mad Max is the wrong place to look. Just watch the films and enjoy them as their own isolated stories, don't try to connect them unless it's 2 and 3 which are clearly connected.
>>
>>323283838

if it wanted to see this shit i'd just go outside mate
>>
>>323283548
>everyone is completely tribal with no pre-apocalypse knowledge

Depending where they are that's not too far-fetched for Australians even these days, especially if they're somewhere remote or even just some place closer to the center.
>>
>>323283548
Nah, if you read the comic, Joe is pre-apocalypse and not young then, like in his 30s, possibly early 40s.

Considering Max is like, early 20s in the first movie, it would fit if he's like 30s-40s by Fury Road.
>>
>>323284220
>Joe
>Early 40s
you're joking right?
>>
>>323284148
Except that there distinctly is a continuity. It's not in the sense of a specific, sequential timeline, but there is a definite chronology/order to the films. Director himself said so.

Things are a bit nebulous for sure, and work as standalone stories, but they are definitely connected.
>>
>>323283779
Nah dude, opening credits in Mad Max 2
>>
>>323284285
In the pre-apocalpyse? No, he's an old military guy and has at least one adult son already.

Post-apocalypse, he's obviously much older.
>>
>>323280234
Who gives a fuck about this game?
>>
>>323284382
I'm not saying there's no continuity, I'm just saying you shouldn't try to look for it because it raises a lot of awkward questions such as "Who in the goddamn fuck is Max at this point?"
>>
>>323284520
Me.
>>
>>323283838
Fuck no, it's the grindiest, most generic Ubisoft-esque sandbox ever made.
Can't believe Avalanche wasted their optimization skills on this garbage of a game.
Paid $10 on release and I still feel scammed.
>>
>>323284220
That still doesn't explain why absolutely nobody has any attachment to or knowledge of the old world besides Max. Hell, Fury Road had a bunch of old ass women who were fully immersed in their own little tribe thing. If the apocalypse was recent enough that Max could have been a police officer before everything went to shit, those old ladies would have been well into adulthood (beyond middle aged, even). Someone who has lived for 50 years pre-war then 15 post-war isn't going to be completely unattached from old world life and act as though post-apocalypse tribalism is all they've ever known.

>>323284454
Do the comics acknowledge Scrotus? He's supposed to be one of Joe's sons too. Miller was onboard with the game as far as lore and story treatment was concerned, so it makes me wonder whether the game might be canon.
>>
>>323284586
Why?
The story is shit, the gameplay is the same casualized garbage these open world games have gotten us used to, and even the customization it's lackluster and requieres you to grind the shit out of everything.
>>
Not videogames.
>>
>>323284672
Because I like grinding, Mad Max, and open world games.
>>
>>323284668
They don't acknowledge Scrotus as far as I'm aware, but the game is said to be set a little while before Fury Road
>>
File: tumblr_mcocr47rXB1qetn08[1].png (203 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcocr47rXB1qetn08[1].png
203 KB, 460x347
>>323284597
>>
>>323284668
Of course not, nobody gave a fuck about the game, they just wanted to make some easy money with this by pandering to the AC audience.
>>
>>323284520
I thoroughly enjoyed it, *only* complaint I can give is to the on-foot fighting combat and it's a minor complaint. One of the few games in recent memory I've paid full price for and not felt any buyers remorse over doing so.

I can understand why people may not like it, but for me it was plain fun and I've not played a game and gotten that out of in a good while. To be fair though I was in a mindset to feel immersed in the game while playing, and really enjoyed just aimlessly driving around for long periods of time across the open expanses of scorched-nothing wasteland.

>>323284569
Ok that's a fair point, I agree.
>>
>>323284812
The game had a bad release date and that's really the only thing to go wrong.
>>
>>323284847
You mean the map that looks big in the in-game map but it's actually quite small and there's nothing but a couple of vehicles scattered over the place?
The game was a huge failure.
It didn't know if it wanted to be it's own thing, or something related to the movies.
Hell, they didn't even bother make the MC resemble Mel or Tom Hardy, is just some generic bearded guy.
>>
>>323284668
>Do the comics acknowledge Scrotus?

I believe it does, yes. There's a full-page spread showing each of Joe's sons if I remember correctly. The bit about Scrotus being in charge of Gas Town though is specific to the game I think.

>That still doesn't explain why absolutely nobody has any attachment to or knowledge of the old world besides Max.

I always figured it was because in the post-apocalypse everyone went fucking nuts, for the most part. Time and again Max himself affirms how it drives everyone mad, including him and compared to everyone he's not even that "mad".

Either way, the point is that Joe is pre-apocalypse, and was a full adult back then.
>>
>>323284961
>Hell, they didn't even bother make the MC resemble Mel or Tom Hardy, is just some generic bearded guy.
That's a good thing
>>
>>323284961
>It didn't know if it wanted to be it's own thing, or something related to the movies.

I liked that it tried to be it's own thing, rather than a tie in to any of the movies.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with the map. Took me at least ages to drive across and not even from one side to the other, and that was in the Interceptor.
>>
When you fight that driver chick in the cage in gastown I was chanting Two men enter, One man leaves along with the crowd

Shit was cash
>>
>>323285092
To be honest, I'm just happy he has an Australian accent. Back when the first trailer came out, the developers intended to make him and every other character American. A bunch of backlash resulted in them switching out as many voice actors as they could, but due to the nature of some of the contracts they couldn't replace quite a few of them, hence why most of the major characters still ended up having American accents. I believe they still had to pay and credit the original American Max voice anyway, since he'd already recorded everything.
>>
>>323285206
>kill tender loin
>go back to the o ring
>shes back huffin fumes.
Fumes are some mighty powerful stuff
>>
>>323285232
It was nice they did that, but the VA for Max sounded kinda dumb. Like, Max HAS to be Australian, but that voice didn't seem right.
>>
>>323285232
I kind of liked that not everyone was Australian though most were, and that there were like Russian, Brit, American, and Asian accents mixed in.
>>
>>323285359
I dunno, he sounded properly gritty and gruff to me. Plus some of his lines sounded just great, though I'm not Australian.

>"OYH NEYD SUMTHIN BEDDR'N FAHSTAH THEN THUH BLAK OHN BLAK."
>>
>>323285359
That's because he didn't have the same TYPE of Australian accent. I believe the voice actor was actually Lebanese Australian or something, and so had a 'wog accent' as it's known.

>>323285369
>there were like Russian, Brit, American, and Asian accents mixed in.

There were? All I remember is Australian (Max, Griffa and most of the random NPCs) and American (every other major character and some random NPCs).
>>
>>323284903
that and the game shows all its card within the first 6 hours

to its credit i did end up spending 45 hours on it in total, but thats the compulsive collectible hunting modern gaming has mercilessly beaten into our collective psyche
>>
>>323285752
Don't forget Crow Dazzle for Australian!

But yeah there were a good few other accents about, mostly as NPCs or enemies to be sure.
>>
>>323285894
>that and the game shows all its card within the first 6 hours

Considering most modern games only last 6 hours period, that's kind of impressive.
>>
This game run surprisingly well.

even with denuvo.
>>
>>323285752
Nah Max's VA isn't a wog, just put on a stupid voice
>>
>>323286010
Didn't know it had denuvo till after I beat, that was weird to find out.
>>
File: Bren_Foster_002.jpg (32 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Bren_Foster_002.jpg
32 KB, 333x500
>>323286023
>Nah Max's VA isn't a wog

Uh huh.
>>
>>323285907

I totally forgot about him too.

Man, what a random fucking character to steal the spotlight for a bit.
>>
>>323286341
>:^(
>>
File: 1450176589888.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450176589888.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>323286341
Rad.
>>
>>323286341
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>323283129
Or you could just not apply logic to a series that has little concern for it. This is like that "007 is just a codename" bullshit.
>>
>actually trying to make sense of Mad Max "lore" or continuity

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>323287261
>>323287238
All this.
As one anon said earlier, just enjoy the movies as isolated stories and leave it at that. the connections are there but they cause more trouble in terms of timeline continuity then they're worth
>>
>>323287238
>>323287261
>>323287517
fug u im a lorefag
>>
>>323287602
It's okay to be a lorefag when it comes to mad max, all the different factions and communities are really interesting and would have cool backstories, but trying to make anything coherent over multiple movies is just plain dumb.
>>
File: 2015-10-20_00001.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-20_00001.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1080
>>323283838
>game is fun

Damn right it is. Some say that it's repetitive, but for me crushing the pathetic junk heaps all the wasteland degenerates call cars with my ultimate war machine never gets old. The side characters are also great, and every tiny little detail you can find in the world tells a small story that would make the most depressed person on Earth feel good about not living in post WW3 Australia. I just walked in on a bloody massacre, with the guts of two people lying around in what seems to have been a bathroom, with a lone little kid standing in the middle with a skull in his hands. Someone just butchered and are his parents. Maybe it was he himself.

post ur Magnums
>>
I think a sequel could have more in-depth car hardware mechanics. Perhaps even loot drops, kinda like BorderLands but not total shit. You could find separate parts of an engine and construct your own machine, tuning and balancing things to get the results you want with the things you have. And just like equipment sets in RPGs, you would get bonuses for consistent configurations, like for example if you managed to find the correct Mustang block, carburator, supercharger, drivertrain and intercooler to build the full engine of an XB Falcon V8 Interceptor, you would get better performance and durability than jury-rigging various parts from different makes and manufacturers together. After performance you could still customize armor, fuel capacity, cargo space, offensive tech and car body to balance the stats of your vehicle to suit your needs.
>>
one of my major qualms is nurgdurgler who just sits in the car and wrenches his cock
>>
>>323289398
>he doesn't like chumbucket
>laughingwhores.jpg
>>
Played for 6 hours, got bored.
This game is just as generic as it could be.
I don't know how the fuck it took them 3 years to come up with this garbage, but after this and Just Cause 3's disastrous launch, I've lost all faith in Avalanche.
>>
>>323289774
JC3 is really fucking fun when you can get it stable 60fps
>>
>>323289398

Chum is the broest of bros
>>
>>323289824
Already refunded it.
Will buy it for $1 like JC2.
>>
>slow mo camera
>rip out wheels
Jesus fucking christ, a Mad Max game and they completely trivialize the car combat.
>>
>>323289867
>Yfw killing him in the ending

Sorry Chum, but in the end, I didn't really care.
>>
>>323289946

Never stop. Never build. Never make friends.
>>
>>323289945

I think it's just the goddamn rocket launcher with an oversized ammo pool that trivialized it. At least with the wheel-ripping harpoon you have to get rid of the armor first.
>>
>>323288063
>>323287602
yeah its not that i'm not a lorefag there's just no lore to string together in the mad max universe

first movie is still the best of them all
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.