[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get pic related? The matthewmatosis review got me interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg (182 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg
182 KB, 250x353
Should I get pic related? The matthewmatosis review got me interested and I played the demo. I had some fun but does beating the same enemies repeatedly not get boring? Does the game have a good variety of enemies/gameplay/environments?
>>
It's definitely good. Probably in my top 10, it really picks up in the second half
>>
>>323269746
It's good and the most original platinum game (gameplay-wise) out there. But its not necessarily for everyone.
The final boss is absolute god-tier though.
>>
>>323269746
It's great and it's like 25 bucks, it's not a big risk to take. And yes it's got good variety of gameplay. Some would say it's got TOO good variety of gameplay, because some of the shoot 'em up segments can get annoying.
>>
The gameplay takes some getting used to, but it does a great job of getting you used to the mechanics before it starts throwing anything difficult at you. Fantastic game
>>
File: Wonderful 101 101.jpg (1 MB, 1672x2687) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful 101 101.jpg
1 MB, 1672x2687
Definitely one of the best games I've played in recent memories, but it's the kind of game you need to put a little bit of effort into just to learn how to play it well. Consider your entire first playthrough as one long but entertaining tutorial.

The game does a wonderful job of getting you pumped up and making you feel like a god damn hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_2hpI1yiqk
>>
Its really good, enjoyed it a lot
>>
File: wonderful.gif (918 KB, 907x287) Image search: [Google]
wonderful.gif
918 KB, 907x287
>>
>>323269746
New enemies and gimmicks appear in literally every stage.
>>
File: w101combo.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
w101combo.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Like most Platinum games it can feel shitty if you're just stumbling through fights with the basic mechanics but becomes amazing once you have a full grasp of the systems.
>>
Its average

Really bad at teaching you mechanics
Camera is always awkward
Shitty gimmick mini game one after the other
Annoying characters
Very repetitive if its not your type of game

I thought it was a 4/10 but making it the final level made it worth it, easily brought it up to 7/10 just for the ending alone. Its worth a playthrough and has some cool moments but most of it is kinda meh
>>
File: w101.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
w101.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>323273984
>>
File: 1391482517816.jpg (250 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
1391482517816.jpg
250 KB, 660x880
>>323269746
Depends really. The combat mechanic is incredible, but it takes a while to get everything in the game before you're able to pull off really cool stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqPym1WlGqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4v8mu8Ym5g

So really, it depends on how much you're willing to spend time playing the game. The campaign is great on its first playthrough, but the mini-games overstay their welcome.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.