[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about MGS4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39 KB, 450x518) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39 KB, 450x518
How do you feel about MGS4?
>>
short and sometimes very poorly developed/designed with some clunky fucking gameplay but overall loved it
also the cutscenes got stupid
and the trophies are fucking ridiculously hard to get
>>
>>323209539
Short? It was the longest MGS until 5.
>>
>>323209235
I liked it and I liked most of the cutscenes, too.
>>
>>323209235
I can't wait to finally play it on RPCS3 in a few years.
>>
>>323209776
Maybe it felt long because of the cutscenes
Also the last level was a shit and piss
>>
>>323209920
There's 8 hours of cutscenes, that's already the length of MGS1. Anywhere from 5-15 hours of gameplay depending on player and difficulty brings it up to the longest one.
>>
>>323209235
It seemed like a bad idea from get go in retrospective. While no Metal Gear is particularly open for sequels, MGS2 especially left the series future at a massive mess. Having to follow it up rather in future Solid Snake games was probably partly the reason why Kojima wanted to focus on Big Boss.
>>
Cutscenes out the ass, lots of weapons but you're penalized for going lethal, Europe scene is boring as fuck, and the B and B bosses have mad libs for their story.

Other than that the Return to Shadow Moses, Rex vs Ray, and the Fight with Liquid were great. Also liked Laughing Octopuses fight the first time.
>>
The worst MGS game by far.
>>
>>323209920
last level would be so much more tolerable if they cut the Akiba scene
>>
the pacing was absolutely horrible. practically every character was ruined by their lack of development (Meryl still whining about Daddy, Naomi still triple-crossing everyone, EVA still lusting for BB, Snake completely changing his personality in 7 years, etc.)

the gameplay was kind of fun, but the bosses were mostly shit, there was a severe lack of interesting elements/bonuses/eaater eggs, and it was the easiest MGS game.

music was good. graphics were decent. but overall it is still the worst game in the series. they should've never done it without the original writer.
>>
>>323210293
This
I liked it. It's a good game I think, but probably the worst in the main series. The gameplay is fun when the levels are smoothly designed but frustrating as fuck when they arent.
The story is good in a "so bad, its good" sorta way. Kojima really didnt want to make a metal gear that took place after 2 but he did the best with what he had I think. There was so much in 2 that seemed like it wasnt supposed to be explained and 4 goes and tries to explain it anyway while also trying to tie mgs3 into it somehow. Its a complete mess but its entertaining.
Overall, I liked it as the worst game in the main series.
>>
>>323210740
even though that was cringy as fuck it made me laugh, light-hearted comic relief is a part of japanese pop culture so you'll never escape it fully in this sort of medium, take a look at Puck for another example
the thing that pissed me off with the last level was the infinite spawning, like didn't that shit die out in the 90s?
>>
>>323211004
Nothing wrong with Snake's character. No point in being charismatic like in MGS2 anymore when everyone including his closest friends has accepted whatever plans the Patriots come up with for the world. Not to mention accelerated aging will further mess with his psyche.
>>
>>323211974
Naw, everything was too out of character for him. He was established as a charasmatic person for 2 games with a drive to defeat Metal Gears and the Patriots while believing in an established philosophy.

Then in MGS4 he's completely the opposite. If accelerated aging is an excuse, then they should've drawn some parallels to Solidus. And not in an "evil" way, but that he was trying to still be the man he'd always been, and slowly realizing that he was going insane and losing his physical and mental capabilities.
>>
>>323209235
better than MGSV, but still not a good game besides MGO2
>>
>>323212824
He still has the drive, just not the charisma. MGS4's setting does not warrant a charismatic leader because the very notion is futile by that point. Snake just needs to finish the mission and that's what he constantly sets out to do despite the adversity.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.