[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: pillars of cuckiternity.jpg (33 KB, 580x401) Image search: [Google]
pillars of cuckiternity.jpg
33 KB, 580x401
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important. During development we realized that if we had someone focusing on stronghold content, it would jeopardize other quests that we felt were more valuable. That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light.

So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's, Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.

BRAVA CU-CK SAWYER

BRAVA

>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>don't know what kind of wacky tobacky they were smoking when they made the stats for the characters
>bland skills and spells makes combat boring
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see also you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release
>no mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable, I'd love to hear it.

Play Wasteland 2: Director's Cut instead

Why did PCucks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
nodick general?
>>
>>323207481
Good post. But no one on neo/v/ knows what you're talking about when half the discussion is about whatever new console action meme game came out and the other half weeb and cinematic shit.
>>
>>323209052
UNDERTALE
BLOODBORNE
FIVE NIGHTS (WHICH SUCKS NOW BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR)
>>
I give them credit, they pulled Pillars of Eternity out of their ass when they were on the brink of bankruptcy.
>>
>>323209710
Of those 3 only one is an actual game. Which doesn't warrant so many threads.
That and a great deal of threads are e celeb bullshit, and downright shitposts.
>>
What was changed in Director's Cut of W2? When I played it(regular one) it was mediocre.
>>
>>323211547
Everything looks cleaner. Better graphics overall.
>>
Every thread i see.about.poe i want.to shitpost hard how bad that game.is.
>>
>>323212073
Do it
>>
I bought it on the sales but couldnt play it yet. I've only watch a short LP video and it looked alright.
Dialogue seems ok and your stats gives you unique answers apparently
Is it really bad or is that some meme because people thought it would be a messiah?
>>
>>323212457
It's a Kickstarter game and there were some minor shenanigans with SJWs so most of /v/ will hate it without even trying it.
>>
>>323212003
*Changes to loot, changes to areas to add more exploration

Also perks and traits add a lot to the meta
>>
>>323212661
>minor shenanigans
they were so fucking minor that even /v/ couldn't give a shit, right? wasn't it something like changing some backer tombstone info that nobody would ever read anyway? most people remove tombstones with a mod.
>>
>>323212457
They said they gonna deliver BG experience. I dont see anything from BG exclude game genre. BG 2 is still best crpg so far and nothing on horizon would change that. PoE is around 2-3 classes below bg2 but near bg1 class
> tfw i bought bg2 ee to feel masterpiece again
>>
>>323213103
>something like changing some backer tombstone info
Yes. Except /v/ did care since they were going through an angsty /pol/ phase back then, so every Pillars of Eternity thread around the launch turned into rampant shitposting about niggers and SJWs.

The game is actually pretty good. It leans more towards BG1 and IWD than BG2 which was probably bit of a disappointment to a lot of people but if you like the aforementioned games PoE should be a blast.
>>
>>323213798
Thank you for the recommendation. I played it already and I actually enjoyed it a lot even though my video game days have been over for quite a while.
>>
>>323207481
citation needed OP also
>So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's

BG2's strongholds were shit, take off the nostalgia googles
>>
>>323207481
the only thing useful from the bg2 strongholds was getting money occasionally and like 1-2 quests in them.
>>
this game would have been saved with cute waifu
>>
>>323214329
http://www.ragequit.gr/specials/item/josh-sawyer-obsidian-interview-ragequit

Owned faggot

Also you're bitching about one of the best WRPGs from the year 2000 which had to be shipped on several discs not being able to compete with a digital only 2015 game
>>
>>323214329
>>323214439
At least bg2 strongholds deliver some quests or some additional value like bard or mage stronghold. On PoE stronghold just exist only for making money that you have planty after all
>>
>>323214691
>owned faggot
I remember actually talking like this when I was about 14 years old.
>>
>>323207481
Yeah it was poo
>>
File: 1452035844202.png (158 KB, 507x415) Image search: [Google]
1452035844202.png
158 KB, 507x415
>>323214602
Shane Obsidian can't make Good waifus
>>
>>323214602
among the many things cuckyer hates besides fun is romance, so would never happen
>>
>>323207481
BG2 Stronghold was shit.

Crossroad Keep was godly and that's what PoE Stronghold should have been.

Combine that with SoZ trading network system for more funsies.
>>
>>323214912
The strongholds also showed off your character class in a way POE doesn't.

>>323214937
>An owned faggot continues being an owned faggot

Would you prefer I call you a cuck? Cause you probably are one.
>>
>Obsidian
>good

When will this meme end
>>
>>323207481
OP, you are, easily one of the most deranged, pathetic, sad piece of shit I've ever seen during my nine years on this board. You have been doing this shit every day for... a year now?
You've actually sacrificed a considerable portion of your life to this shit. I really believe: you don't even qualify as a human being after this.
>>
>Make a new BG2 style game like 15 fucking years after BG2 came out
>It's worse than BG2 in just about every way

I couldn't go more than a couple of hours in. It's just boring as shit. The game vomits lore at you and considers it interesting dialogue.
>>
>>323207481
>Play Wasteland 2: Director's Cut instead
you can't be serious
W2 is tepid shit even with the DC
>>
>>323215412
shouldn't you be in bed right now?
>>
Should I give this game another try? I was 1-2 hours in, reached the fortress and after the bard guy came out I had to turn off the game. Never to open it back again. Does it get good after that anytime?
>>
>>323215954
WL2:DC is a complete game that doesn't have shitty DLC
>>
File: 1441052383234.jpg (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441052383234.jpg
27 KB, 200x200
>>323207481
>w-we can do it better guys!
>we made it shit on p-purpose..
>really!
>>
>>323216280
No
>>
>>323215584
Never

>>323216280
No
>>
>>323215118
>Dungeon Siege 3
Katarina
Anjali
Archon Girls
Jeyne Kassynder

Alpha Protocol
>Sis
>Scarlet
>SIE
>Mina

>KotOR2
>Handmaiden
>Visas

>Mask of the Betrayer
>Unromanceable God Tier
Kaelyn The Dove
>>
>>323216498
>>Never
I think the "Obsidian is good" meme has ended now that Avellone is gone from the company.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.