[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here got the alienware steam machine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: alienwaresteammachine.jpg (505 KB, 1200x762) Image search: [Google]
alienwaresteammachine.jpg
505 KB, 1200x762
I'm thinking of getting rid of my ps2/gamecube and using it as an emulator/media pc. Its the perfect size too.
>>
>>323195635
>Its the perfect size too.
>>
File: syber-steam-white2.jpg (358 KB, 2098x1364) Image search: [Google]
syber-steam-white2.jpg
358 KB, 2098x1364
>>323195635

Alienware steam machines are shit

Pro tip you can't upgrade the hardware in them at all since it uses mobile tech

A syber would be better since you can toss a better gpu/cpu in there for better emulation in the future for other platforms. In fact he Syber Steam machine allows you to upgrade CPU, GPU and mainboard and psu. The entire thing can be slowly upgraded as you see fit.
>>
>>323196447
syber steam machines are shit

pro tip just buy a fucking pc
>>
>>323196447
The Syber machine is massive though. I like the fact that the alienware machine can fit in my backpack.I already have a tower for demanding games.
>>
>>323197349

No shit but these guys never listen to me no matter how much I warn them so the next best thing is at least direct them to a cheap steam machine they can upgrade in the future. If they take baby steps and upgrade a steam machine they will eventually move on to building one themselves.
>>
>>323197496
>I like the fact that the alienware machine can fit in my backpack.I already have a tower for demanding games.

Oh never mind then. If you have a tower why not get a mini atx or some shit?
>>
>>323197642
agreed. build a mini itx htpc. install steam. now you have a small steam box.
>>
>>323197642
>>323197976
But none are as small as the alpha though.
plus i get a student discount from dell
>>
>>323197496
what about the monitor
>>
>>323198212
Take it to a friend's house and plug it into his tv.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.