[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't heard anything about Armikrog since the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
I haven't heard anything about Armikrog since the whole controversy spiraling their kickstarter. How'd the game turn out?
>>
File: Into the trash it goes.gif (6 KB, 117x163) Image search: [Google]
Into the trash it goes.gif
6 KB, 117x163
It was a disappointing. Repetitive/ uninteresting puzzles, rough around the edges, short length. A shadow of what the Neverhood was. Too be fair, there was no way to could have lived up to its spiritual predecessor.

That's my opinion anyway.
>>
File: You may have already won.jpg (328 KB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
You may have already won.jpg
328 KB, 638x480
>>
>>323101530
>>323100752
That really sucks.

Being a fan and advocate of stop-motion animation has been complete suffering these past few years. Between this, Hell & Back and Boxtrolls, nothing has gone right.
>>
>>323102793

When is Hell and Back out?
>>
>>323102942

Never mind, just checked it's out.
>>
>>323102793
I rather liked Boxtrolls. Most of it anyway.
>>
I really liked it. It's very much an old-fashioned 90's adventure game, but the story was still more fun and creative than anything you'll get out of Telltale.
>>
File: 1334817866107.jpg (40 KB, 640x371) Image search: [Google]
1334817866107.jpg
40 KB, 640x371
>>323102942
It came out in theaters back in October. I couldn't muster the dignity to go check it out. Guess I'll wait to give it the once over on Netflix later on down the line like I did with Boxtrolls, but I probably won't enjoy it.

>mfw I was this close to backing Armikrog.

Would've been my first Kikestarter too. Dodged a huge bullet.
>>
>>323100752
Is there ever a kikestarter that has 0 controversy and actually delivers with no bs
>>
>>323103101
I didn't think it was TERRIBLE per se, but the drop in quality in Laika films since Coraline has been noticeable. I wish they'd just hire competent writers already instead of busily animating all day. I'm sure that shit takes great care and attention to detail but great animation alone doesn't carry a film.
>>
>>323103535

I meant on DVD, but it's out I just checked.
>>
>>323103776
Agreed. I imagine the animation alone annihilates any semblance of a budget the films might have.
>>
>>323103542
The controversy is that the main animator stated years ago he doesn't think fags should get married.
For some reason people think this affects games.
People just want to complain.
>>
>>323104421
Well, if you read his blog, he's an ultra-Calvinist asshole who hates everything. The gays are the least of it.
And I liked Earthworm Jim...never meet your heroes, kids.
>>
>>323101530
I think it was ok, not good nor bad.

Got bugged in the middle of the game and lost my save, i'll probably finish it some day.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.