[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good Tales game to start with? I want to get into this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: talesofphantasia.jpg (453 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
talesofphantasia.jpg
453 KB, 640x633
Is this a good Tales game to start with? I want to get into this series but I prefer to play RPGs on handhelds these days and it looks like most of the Tales games are console only.
>>
>>323097396
>Still stuck in that one cave, the guard even mentions it.
I need to finish that game. probably start it over
>>
>>323097396
Yeah, it's pretty good. Hearts R for Vita and Abyss on 3DS are some more recent titles you can check out.
>>
It was my first Tales and I loved it. But the voice acting is bad and the Playstation version is probably better. I wonder if there's an undub patch, though.

Arche is the best girl, by the way.
>>
PS1 english patch
>>
>>323097396
>Is this a good Tales game to start with?
is the only one that is good
>>
>>323097396
If you want to stick to handhelds, you might as well, but it's not a very good first Tales game simply because the battle system isn't near as good as the others.
>>
File: 665c2c0e.jpg (111 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
665c2c0e.jpg
111 KB, 640x960
>>323097396
It's solid. It has some weird slowdown in battle sometimes, but it's a good portable game if you need one. The other guy is correct about Arche being best girl.
>>
>>323099010
What would you say is the best introductory Tales game in general? In case I decide to get a console game after all.
>>
First thing you need to know is that there's no such a thing as a good Tales game.
They're all bad in their own wonderful way.
>>
>>323097396
NO
It was my first Tales game and I hated it.
The gameplay is fucking awful and extremely stiff
>>
>>323099526
In a way, >>323100198
is right. Just try them out in whatever order they interest you if you. From Phantasia to Graces, a lot of the series is just tweaking old ideas and introducing new ones, for better or for worse.
>>
While that is a good place to start since it's the first in the series, that port isn't the way to go.

You want this on handheld? PS1 version with the english patch on PSP. There's an EBOOT for it on NicoBlog.
>>
>>323100959
Related question: is it possible to use EBOOTs on a PS1 again? Some way to convert them back?
>>
>>323100198
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>323101209
Nope. None that I'm aware. I would imagine in that case it'd be easier to just get the patched ISO.
>>
No!
Play the translated PS1 version
>>
>>323097396
>Is this a good Tales game to start with?

Yes, but NOT that version.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.